15 South Main Street
New Hope, PA 18938Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marshabrownrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2158627044
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00,
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Lunch: 1130AM - 430PM daily
Bar opens daily at 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southern, Creole
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Private Dining Space available up to 12 people. Another Private space, choir loft, for up to 50 people. You may use the entire restaurant for private functions depending on the day and size of your party (room fees may apply.)
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Kelly 2158627044
A word from Marsha Brown
Marsha Brown is a refined Creole Kitchen & Lounge, dramatically designed inside a 125 year old church located directly in the heart of New Hope. The menu focuses on great steak & seafood dishes as well as an abundance of Marsha's own Southern family favorites & is complimented by an outstanding bottle wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Marsha Brown - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Marsha Brown reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (98)fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (55)good for groups (48)notable wine list (33)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (19)scenic view (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Almost matched the hypeDannyMc103Dined on 8/22/2014Dinner with an old friend I haven't seen in years. We were seated right away (8pm res.). The wine list while expansive, was a heavy on the expensive side. I did manage to find my go-to Malbec and it was brought to the table quickly. Wedge salad was good. Catfish app was just ok. I had the Rib Eye, which was a on the rare side of medium rare and under seasoned. She had the Eggplant Ophelia, and quite enjoyed it with the Creole butter sauce on the side at the suggestion of our waiter. We finished everything off by splitting the chocolate mousse cheesecake, which was very good and too big to finish. In all, a good time but nothing spectacular food-wise. I would go back but only if there were no tables at other local places.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayRxJeffDined on 8/22/2014My family and I celebrated my birthday here, and what a great choice it was. We were seated in the mezzanine making us feel extra special and our wait team could not have been more professional and knowledgeable. The food was amazing. We had the eggplant opehlia, pork chop and the jambalaya. At the end of the evening we were presented with a framed photograph to commemorate the special event. Dinner at Marsha Brown is one of those rare dining occasions that you can't wait to tell your friends about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Jack and Adrian were excellent servers! Made our dinner very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing. We had the Egplant Ophelia, Jambalaya, Mashed sweet potatoes, and the crab cheesecake and everything was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for dinner!Special Features:
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food is always spectacular, the service is great, and the ambiance is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious, Elegant, RichdinerbelleDined on 8/16/2014Marsha Brown did not disappoint. Even though it was a busy Saturday summer night in bustling New Hope, we were able to get a reservation for 4 and valet parking made getting inside easy. We were warmly greeted and immediately seated in the upstairs main dining room, where every table was full. Rebecca was an attentive (not intrusive) and knowledgable server. Some advice: Be thoughtful about ordering from this menu of rich preparations & generous portions(like the crab cheesecake appetizer, plenty for 4). Save room for dessert: The cinnamon bread pudding is extraordinary. The best entrees on our table were the Eggplant Ophelia and the Crabcakes (3!). Don't miss the family-style sides: a creme brûlée style sweet potato casserole! OMG!Special Features:
- I really like this placeBetinaDined on 8/16/2014Food is always good, service is excellent and being a former church is a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our evening.... Delicious meal! Unique setting!Special Features:
- SuperbtoddDined on 8/12/2014There is no better dining experience in this area. The food, services, and kindness were magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusedTootiredDined on 8/10/2014We requested a quiet table as our parents are ill and have 5 kids needed to get away for dinner and connect. It was virtually empty ! We were placed near the bus station people in and out folding napkins right next to us so distracting! Clams were huge should be the size of half dollar they did credit us for those but it's a high end place and felt we got the worst of Marsha's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!!rac09Dined on 8/9/2014We had a fabulous experience on Saturday night! The food was delicious, the staff is over-the-top. Our waiter, Jack, was a gem! He anticipated our needs, made wonderful suggestions and just made the evening so special. Our other favorite server, Rebecca, stopped by our table to say hello. Marsha Brown's staff really makes you feel like you are family! Highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014extremely loud …could barely talk…almost had to yell my order to the waiter..probably will not go back on the weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun restaurantSosoCajunDined on 8/9/2014The bartenders while we were waiting to be seated were not very friendly. They did not say a word to us until 15 minutes of sitting there. The hostess was adorable. The app and salad great but our steak special dinner was dry and the lobster was toughSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal and servicetricial3Dined on 8/9/2014We've been to Marsha Brown's a handful of times over the years, and it never disappoints. The bill can get pretty high when you add in drinks and the fact that all sides are a la cart, but the food is always great.Special Features:
- Truly EnjoyableNewToBucksDined on 8/9/2014What is there not to like about Marsha Brown's? Great service from the moment we entered. Table side service friendly but professional. The food was fantastic. Gumbo, bisque, a crisp Caesar salad separately plated by the kitchen, crawling etouffee and swordfish puttanesca over crab risotto. All delicious. And of course, fabulous bre add pudding. A lovely wine list. Beautiful stained glass windows and an eclectic, lively atmosphere all make Marsha Brown's a restaurant we will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experiencehammerDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary and were looking for a change from our usual dining spots. My Daughter told me to try Marsha Browns in New Hope Pa. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted by a friendly hostess and shown to our table in the "Loft". The Menu is full of surprise`s and our selections were unique and tasty. The building must have been an old church and has an ambiance all its own and only highlights the experience with it`s "taste of `Norlans" theme. Service was stellar and spot on. Marsha Browns has a new customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itfoodieDined on 8/4/2014This was my 1st time there and was so glad we went. From the minute I walked in I enjoyed. Atmosphere was lovely, service exceptional and food delicious. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us to decide what to get based on what we said we liked and each dish was unique and delicious. I've already recommended it to others.
- Very Nice-Going BackBetterthanIcancookDined on 8/2/2014The family enjoyed their dishes and everyone wanted to try each other's as well. Really found Ophelia's eggplant great and the Mamere's Cheesecake appetizer rich enough for a meal. If you have both have nothing else it's that rich. My wife liked her scallops but there were too many choices so it will take a return trip. Lunch next then another dinner. Three of us was $170 so it's not weekly for us that's for sure. Tyler was attentive and when not there his backup was just the same. Thanks to Marsha Brown's. Was on third floor so the noise level was just right. Seemed the higher you went the quieter it got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful reataurantrjc123Dined on 8/1/2014We drove about 1 hour to get to Marsha Brown's but it was worth the trip. Very different inside but beautiful. The food was a little pricey but was delicious. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food and service!KravteeDined on 7/27/2014The waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food selections, for example, how things were cooked, ingredients used, recommendations he made, etc. The food was amazing, along with the atmosphere. The only negative thing I'd say is that we ordered a drink at the bar prior to going to our table and our waiter seemed to have a bug up his butt-wasn't friendly or inviting!Special Features:
- Marsha Brown continues to impressNettoVIPDined on 7/26/2014We mentioned in our reservation that this was part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. When we arrived there were rose petals on the table. Another employee came to our table just to take our photo, then minutes later gave us a copy of the shot in a Marsha Brown cardboard frame. Two great surprises. The attention we received from staff throughout was excellent, even though the restaurant was packed on a Saturday night. As always, the 10oz filets were done to perfection; the sides and salads were all excellent. I don't think you could make a disappointing choice.Special Features:
- good not greathndlvrVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went here when they 1st opened- to see what the hoopla was about- 11 years later can't figure it out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!TeeRamDined on 7/19/2014I have been to Marsha Browns many times with friends, family and just my husband and I for a romantic evening. I have even recommended it to many friends. This past visit far surpassed even my expectations. When I booked I mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary. I jokingly commented I would like the James Bond and Octopussy table. When we arrived rose petals were strewn upon the tabs, a table soon after complemented with the most delicious combination of flavors I have ever experienced. I don't know what magic the chefs are able to conjure up to consistently over deliver with every visit, yet they do. If you go to New Hope and miss Marsha Browns you have only yourself to blame and your taste buds will resent you for it.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was outstanding, as was the service. My husband and I had a fabulous date night out. We laughed and flirted like it was our first date even though we've been together almost 24 years!Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Staffing was very nice, accommodating and friendly. They made my wife's B'day a wonderful occasion. Food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Hopes BestDuck5000Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent Food Pricey but we knew that before we wentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Good food, great environment and fantastic service. Had a great night out with the wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past it's primeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014Restaurant may have been good year ago but it out dates menu and decor was a turn off. The food wasn't great, but service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food in an old churchBusinessTravelerDined on 7/12/2014You sit in a dining room filled with beautiful stained glass windows that was once a church sanctuary. The staff were consistently helpful and respectful. They asked if we had thater tickets when we sat down and made sure we were finished I time for the show. The food is genuine New Orleans Creole cuisine, all prepared to taste. All four of us enjoyed our choices. I Te there 5 years ago, and the quality of the food and ambience are still the same. The whole experience is worth a trip to New Hope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service & food great fun.KCNJDined on 7/12/2014From the Valet to the closing out of the evening it was a rewarding experience. Thank you Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The look and feel could not be any better. The food is also to die for. I can't find a flaw...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014food is good. nice atmosphere. service was a little slow the friday night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an excellent experience we hadLMDdelightedDined on 7/11/2014Our friend who recommended this restaurant experience was spot-on, when she said we'd Love it!! From our greeting by the hostess, to the immediate introduction of the staff who cared for us, we felt welcomed! Daniel was right on time, noticing a low bread bag, water, or any other item that was in need of replenishment. Jack was informative and enjoyable, as he shared his vast knowledge of the entire menu (including the specials). But Hands-Down, Rebecca was our Star!!! She was absolutely Amazing!! Her warmth, kindness, patience, professionalism, and precision in her service was the Best I've (we've) ever experienced!! I wanted to order More, just because it would have meant that she'd come Back to our table again----but we were fully fed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great food great waiter! Tyler was a pleasure. Gave us great food picks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNewleywed2Dined on 7/4/2014Wonderful food from start to finish. This historic church has been turned into a great gem in New Hope. Leave room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticSmurphysDined on 7/4/2014Beautiful setting, excellant service, incredible food. 100% worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateMarthafloraDined on 7/4/2014Marsha Brown's used to be a church and it has been beautifully transformed into a great restaurant. There are three levels of seating and each has its own beauty. We were on the top level which can be used for private parties. Our waiter was very attentive and our food was very good, served promptly and nice and hot. Our entire dining experience was terrific. A nice walk around New Hope topped off a lovely evening.Special Features:
- GreatSachmogoatDined on 7/4/2014Ambiance and food were wonderful. Jack (staff) was old school awesome. True professional, made the meal an exceptional journey/pleasure.Special Features:
- Wait ServiceLBovinoDined on 7/4/2014Our waiter Jack was great, as was our assistant waiter (whose name I unfortunately have forgotten). The southern hospitality theme came through in their immediate friendliness and gave the experience an almost "family"- like feeling. I also was very pleasantly surprised at the special treatment we had for our anniversary- the rose petals on the table set the mood and the photo of us that was taken that night will be cherished. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4th Birthday dinnerZaikisDined on 7/4/2014My partner and I went to Marsha Brown's on the 4th of July to celebrate his birthday. We have been here before, and save this place for special occasions due to the high price point and a limited menu for our tastes. We sat upstairs in the choir loft area this time. We enjoyed Tuna Sashimi for an appetizer and the fig salad which are wonderful. My partner had the surf and turf consisting of a piece of filet mignon, a crab cake and crawfish risotto. I had the filet medallions au poive with mashed potatoes. The filet pieces were done perfectly. The crab cake was very good but on the small side. He particularly enjoyed the crawfish risotto. We got the chocolate mousse cake for dessert which was nicely comped for his birthday.Special Features: