15 South Main Street
New Hope, PA 18938Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marshabrownrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2158627044
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00,
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Lunch: 1130AM - 430PM daily
Bar opens daily at 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southern, Creole
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Private Dining Space available up to 12 people. Another Private space, choir loft, for up to 50 people. You may use the entire restaurant for private functions depending on the day and size of your party (room fees may apply.)
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Kelly 2158627044
A word from Marsha Brown
Marsha Brown is a refined Creole Kitchen & Lounge, dramatically designed inside a 125 year old church located directly in the heart of New Hope. The menu focuses on great steak & seafood dishes as well as an abundance of Marsha's own Southern family favorites & is complimented by an outstanding bottle wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Marsha Brown - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Marsha Brown reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (97)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (47)notable wine list (33)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (23)scenic view (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First experience not a good oneChefDined on 9/27/2014I'm a local chef in the area. I'm just going to say. It wasn't for me!!!!!! Not a happy camper! Poor service, over price. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I count the days to our Marsha Brown's reservation. The food is excellent (we particularly love the Crab Cheescake appetizer), the space is beautiful and the service is professional. New Hope has plenty of great places to eat. Marsha Brown's is the best of the best. You couldn't ask for a better place to celebrate something in Bucks County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We selected Marsha Brown before we even got to New Hope since we head heard so much about it. I chose a package at our B&B that included a $50 gift card, and little did we know that is was for MB. We were celebrating my 50th birthday and our 19th wedding anniversary. Everyone was friendly but our waiter Dan was fantastic. He helped us through some food selections and was very confidant and reassuring. Our food was incredible and the night was awesome. Highly recommend MB to anyone who travels to New Hope!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmcsad02Dined on 9/26/2014Usually very good, better than usual. We enjoyed the night beginning to endSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCindyDined on 9/25/2014Great food. Service was perfect. An overall wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014this has been our go to place for romantic dinners and special occasions for the past 5 years. They never disappoint, the food, the staff are impeccable. The atmosphere is fun and oh so New HopeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGMrsGDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I made reservations at Marsha Brown's for our wedding anniversary. Our servers, Adrian and Jack, were the best we have had anywhere. They were friendly, quite knowledgable, gave excellent recommendations, and knew quite a bit about the old church history. When our dinner was served...it was exquisite. We shared a Maine Lobster, filet with creole topping, Eggplant Ophelia (you have to try this!!) and a side of potatoes. It was one of the best dinners I have ever eaten. Our desserts were equaly delicious. My husband ordered pecan pie and I chose bread pudding...compliments of Marsha Brown's because of our wedding anniversary. I can't say enough about how fantastic our dinner was at Marsha Brown. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The experience we had was so nice, I wanted to give a review. Loved the valet parking. Started with cocktails at the bar and within a couple minutes we knew all the bartenders names. Drinks were delicious! Went upstairs for dinner and they had a special table nicely decorated because we were celebrating a birthday. We had a great appetizer, tuna and noodles. Jambalaya and surf not turf for our main course, very good! And dessert and coffee was on them, nice touch! We would definitely recommend this restaurant because with the beautiful dining room, excellent service, good food and good prices. .. it's well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DateDate1Dined on 9/20/2014Marsha Brown has a great atmosphere and a diverse menu. The food took awhile to prepare but once I saw the quality, it was worth the wait! It was nothing short of excellent until my date found a piece of plastic in her dish. We informed the manager and he apologized....but thats all he did. I was expecting more than a quick apology for the inconvenience. I mean, we are paying around $30+ for an entree. There should be some sort of compensation for the chefs careless mistake. However, the piece of plastic was small so I did not make a big deal about it. Other than that, the service was excellent. Id probably eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing..everything was coldChrisADined on 9/19/2014I had Mameres crab cheesecake as an appetizer and surf and turf with filet medallions and a crab cake for dinner. I was disappointed because both the appetizer and dinner were served barely warm. It seemed odd to me that such an upscale restaurant would struggle with being able to serve food hot. I ordered the filet medium and it was served rubbery, cold, and far past well done. The crab cake was also cold and average tasting. The bread pudding for dessert tasted good, but was served barely warm, which took a lot away from it. Overall, I was disappointed and expected much better quality from a restaurant in this high price range.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Everything about our night was outstanding. The food was incedible along with the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marsha BrownsLindaMDined on 9/13/2014Went to Marsha Brown's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We've been there 3 or 4 times before and have always found it to be excellent. We enjoy the variety and quality of food as well as the setting and service. Will definitely go again. There are quite a few menu items we have not had the chance to try yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!jantomDined on 9/12/2014AMAZING FOOD! GREAT SERVICE AND NICE ATMOSPHERE! SO GLAD WE HAD THE CHANCE TO TRY IT AND WILL BE BACK AGAIN.Special Features:
- Perfect night !MoeyDined on 9/9/2014We were celebrating a birthday & there were so many special touches ! Great server, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 9/5/2014Great time as always. The food was great and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ serviceFoodLover99Dined on 9/4/2014The waiter and hostess went out of their way to make our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAndySVIPDined on 8/31/2014We tried this as an after dinner dessert and cocktail last week and decided to try it for dinner tonight. We decided to sit at the bar, this old church is just the perfect scene for a somewhat New Orleans type dining experience. Both nights we were waited on by Mark, a fantastic seasoned bartender with great knowledge of the menu and wines. The cowboy steak was really just perfect and for a transplanted Texan the crawfish etouffee was tasty and great for a rainy night. The wine list is creative and could be a little bigger for the "by the glass" selection. Great staff, great food, incredible building!Special Features:
- Our Dinner served very late.NilaDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is very nice , waiters nice and helpful, specially the gentleman who was waited in our table he is very nice and helpful. We ordered our appetizer and main course at the same time , however appetizer came very quickly , but we had to wait for our main dish for atleast more then hour. Our waiter did appolzied many time because of the late serving our Main dish. Then we ordered dessert , those came on time. However our waiter gentleman did not charge for our dessert . Actually we went to the restaurant around 7:30 pm we had reservation at 7:45 pm but we did not have to wait. Very nice all those staff at the restaurant and the Vallet staff. Only we had to wait for our main course dinner, we left your restaurant around 10:45pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreatingOursevesWellDoThingsDined on 8/30/2014This is a unique dining experience mostly due to the location.It is located in the lovely New Hope historic district in a converted church.The building has great ambiance. The service here was excellent and the staff friendly The menu was fresh with nice new combinations and not the usual cookie cutter experience of choices.The meals were nicely prepared and presented but not overwhelming in flavor. The risotto was a bit cool and sticky and the eggplant/crab/shrimp dish a bit oily and not very flavorful. .It is a nice treat because it was unique but not in a great rush to return.Special Features:
- A Special Find!cathymDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had one of our most memorable meals at Marsha Brown's this weekend. Each course we ordered was better than the last! I recommend the Crab Cheesecake for an appetizer (and make sure you share it...too big and rich for one person); the crab cakes and steak as entrees were delicious - as well as the string beans and creamed spinach. Save a little room to share a dessert - we shared the chocolate cheesecake mousse and had to leave a few bites! Make sure to go there hungry and plan on skipping food the next day!Special Features:
- Almost matched the hypeDannyMc103Dined on 8/22/2014Dinner with an old friend I haven't seen in years. We were seated right away (8pm res.). The wine list while expansive, was a heavy on the expensive side. I did manage to find my go-to Malbec and it was brought to the table quickly. Wedge salad was good. Catfish app was just ok. I had the Rib Eye, which was a on the rare side of medium rare and under seasoned. She had the Eggplant Ophelia, and quite enjoyed it with the Creole butter sauce on the side at the suggestion of our waiter. We finished everything off by splitting the chocolate mousse cheesecake, which was very good and too big to finish. In all, a good time but nothing spectacular food-wise. I would go back but only if there were no tables at other local places.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayRxJeffDined on 8/22/2014My family and I celebrated my birthday here, and what a great choice it was. We were seated in the mezzanine making us feel extra special and our wait team could not have been more professional and knowledgeable. The food was amazing. We had the eggplant opehlia, pork chop and the jambalaya. At the end of the evening we were presented with a framed photograph to commemorate the special event. Dinner at Marsha Brown is one of those rare dining occasions that you can't wait to tell your friends about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Meeting?DavidDined on 8/21/2014As always the food was superb and the service accommodating. We actually asked to move to a different table because there was a very noisy dinner meeting going on at the front of the room. In addition they were using the table next to where we had been seated originally to stage trays for serving a group of thirty or more. Being somewhat hard of hearing the meeting detracted from my ability to enjoy the romantic dinner we had planned (our 43rd wedding anniversary), but the attentive wait staff and the always perfect food helped to make it a nice evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Jack and Adrian were excellent servers! Made our dinner very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing. We had the Egplant Ophelia, Jambalaya, Mashed sweet potatoes, and the crab cheesecake and everything was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for dinner!Special Features:
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food is always spectacular, the service is great, and the ambiance is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious, Elegant, RichdinerbelleDined on 8/16/2014Marsha Brown did not disappoint. Even though it was a busy Saturday summer night in bustling New Hope, we were able to get a reservation for 4 and valet parking made getting inside easy. We were warmly greeted and immediately seated in the upstairs main dining room, where every table was full. Rebecca was an attentive (not intrusive) and knowledgable server. Some advice: Be thoughtful about ordering from this menu of rich preparations & generous portions(like the crab cheesecake appetizer, plenty for 4). Save room for dessert: The cinnamon bread pudding is extraordinary. The best entrees on our table were the Eggplant Ophelia and the Crabcakes (3!). Don't miss the family-style sides: a creme brûlée style sweet potato casserole! OMG!Special Features:
- I really like this placeBetinaDined on 8/16/2014Food is always good, service is excellent and being a former church is a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our evening.... Delicious meal! Unique setting!Special Features:
- SuperbtoddDined on 8/12/2014There is no better dining experience in this area. The food, services, and kindness were magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusedTootiredDined on 8/10/2014We requested a quiet table as our parents are ill and have 5 kids needed to get away for dinner and connect. It was virtually empty ! We were placed near the bus station people in and out folding napkins right next to us so distracting! Clams were huge should be the size of half dollar they did credit us for those but it's a high end place and felt we got the worst of Marsha's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!!rac09Dined on 8/9/2014We had a fabulous experience on Saturday night! The food was delicious, the staff is over-the-top. Our waiter, Jack, was a gem! He anticipated our needs, made wonderful suggestions and just made the evening so special. Our other favorite server, Rebecca, stopped by our table to say hello. Marsha Brown's staff really makes you feel like you are family! Highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014extremely loud …could barely talk…almost had to yell my order to the waiter..probably will not go back on the weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun restaurantSosoCajunDined on 8/9/2014The bartenders while we were waiting to be seated were not very friendly. They did not say a word to us until 15 minutes of sitting there. The hostess was adorable. The app and salad great but our steak special dinner was dry and the lobster was toughSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal and servicetricial3Dined on 8/9/2014We've been to Marsha Brown's a handful of times over the years, and it never disappoints. The bill can get pretty high when you add in drinks and the fact that all sides are a la cart, but the food is always great.Special Features:
- Truly EnjoyableNewToBucksDined on 8/9/2014What is there not to like about Marsha Brown's? Great service from the moment we entered. Table side service friendly but professional. The food was fantastic. Gumbo, bisque, a crisp Caesar salad separately plated by the kitchen, crawling etouffee and swordfish puttanesca over crab risotto. All delicious. And of course, fabulous bre add pudding. A lovely wine list. Beautiful stained glass windows and an eclectic, lively atmosphere all make Marsha Brown's a restaurant we will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experiencehammerDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary and were looking for a change from our usual dining spots. My Daughter told me to try Marsha Browns in New Hope Pa. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted by a friendly hostess and shown to our table in the "Loft". The Menu is full of surprise`s and our selections were unique and tasty. The building must have been an old church and has an ambiance all its own and only highlights the experience with it`s "taste of `Norlans" theme. Service was stellar and spot on. Marsha Browns has a new customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itfoodieDined on 8/4/2014This was my 1st time there and was so glad we went. From the minute I walked in I enjoyed. Atmosphere was lovely, service exceptional and food delicious. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us to decide what to get based on what we said we liked and each dish was unique and delicious. I've already recommended it to others.
- Very Nice-Going BackBetterthanIcancookDined on 8/2/2014The family enjoyed their dishes and everyone wanted to try each other's as well. Really found Ophelia's eggplant great and the Mamere's Cheesecake appetizer rich enough for a meal. If you have both have nothing else it's that rich. My wife liked her scallops but there were too many choices so it will take a return trip. Lunch next then another dinner. Three of us was $170 so it's not weekly for us that's for sure. Tyler was attentive and when not there his backup was just the same. Thanks to Marsha Brown's. Was on third floor so the noise level was just right. Seemed the higher you went the quieter it got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful reataurantrjc123Dined on 8/1/2014We drove about 1 hour to get to Marsha Brown's but it was worth the trip. Very different inside but beautiful. The food was a little pricey but was delicious. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.Special Features: