630 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marseillenyc.com/
- Phone: 2123332323
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5pm - 12:00am, Sunday - Tuesday: 5pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Marseille
Marseille is a casual Southern French restaurant with Mediterranean influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marseille reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (170)fit for foodies (108)great for brunch (107)great for lunch (93)special occasion (78)good for groups (77)notable wine list (74)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (46)late-night find (40)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (20)scenic view (8)Show More
- one of my nyc favoritesgretchenVIPDined on 9/14/2014Marseilles has been consistently wonderful over its many years of existenceSpecial Features:
- Return VisitFrankinHKVIPDined on 9/14/2014I had lunch here for restaurant week. We lingered for two hours over amazing food, fantastic wine and friendly and efficiently service. I returned for brunch for an equally pleasing experience. One of the best wine lists in the city.Special Features:
- Great findDaveDined on 9/13/2014Great food, extensive wine list, great French ambiance, traditional cafe decor. Would recommends this restaurant, especially the dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here 3 times, amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Love this place, I go here for brunch before I go to see a Broadway show, its also one of the only places that takes reservations for brunch (most brunch places are jerks are don't take brunch reservations) ALSO, they seated us when only two of the three members of our party was there. Again most brunch places are total jerks about this and refuse to seat you. Other than the outstanding and quick service despite the restaurants being so packed, our food was delicious. Between me and my two friends, we've had most of the items on the brunch menu and every time we love what we order. Lastly, even though the restaurant was packed, the noise level wasn't too high and they didn't seat us uncomfortably close to anyone else. Love this place!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodStanandOllieVIPDined on 9/11/2014We've eaten many times at Marseille. For various reasons, we hadn't been there in over a year, but our pre-theater dinner on 9/11/14 was excellent. The meal and service were very good, and the room, as always, is very inviting. Always an enjoyable experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jayjayDined on 9/11/2014Good for pre-theatre, which I would prefer as an option above because no review is necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuppyVIPDined on 9/10/2014outstanding southern French food. The bouillabaisseSpecial Features:
- Great Ambiance and FoodJeffeDined on 9/10/2014Took my wife and her visiting best friend for dinner. Nice selection of the common Euro beers on tap (and like across the pond - they are served in the proper branded glasses). At dinner we sat in the bar area but still had a view of the dining room - looked and felt like we were in Europe. Wait staff and service was very friendly and attentive. Sampled some apps - the snails were very good here. The ladies loved the duck breast entree and I had the seafood tagine. Entrees were simply prepared and well seasoned. Recommend the "ricotta doughnuts" for dessert. Great selection of after dinner drinks as well. we will definitely return here.Special Features:
- A great place to meet near Pt Auth.DancarDined on 9/10/2014It is always a pleasure to return to Marseilles. My cousins and I meet four times a year at this well located gem. We stay for hours and we are never rushed. That means a great deal to us. Thank you Marseilles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in theater districtMountppVIPDined on 9/9/2014Very good food and service at reasonable prices make this a stand out among the many choices for a pre-theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theate district gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Great spot for pre-matinee brunch in the theater district. Extensive menue. Class but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at Marseilles several times over many years before going to the theater. It's reliably good bistro fare served well in a lively atmosphere reminiscent of restaurants that I've been to in France. It has a nice wine and beer list too. The tables are well spaced so that you're not on top of each other. For me, it's always a solid choice in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-theater spotOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2014Perfect for a pre-theater dinner. Food was delicious with many good choices. Desserts were a little disappointing. The service was wonderful and efficient. Reservation was honored right on time and noise level was fine. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShpulkaVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was mediocre at best. Was there for brunch on a saturday, it was relatively empty but got packed closer to 1pm. Did not like the calamari, eggs benedict or the omelet. Omelet tasted like it was from an egg mix, eggs benedict were on a super dry english muffin with dry piece of ham. There are much better brunch places in NYC.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience!!Mom5Dined on 9/4/2014Walked past Marseille during the day and it looked appealing! Booked a dinner reservation knowing nothing about the resturant and was very pleasantly surprised! Excellent food and ambiance. Would definitely recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly bistroJeffVIPDined on 9/4/2014Little Parisian gem in the theater district. Affordable prix fixe menu with good choices and nice portion sizes. Friendly service and nice molten chocolate cake for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rindaDined on 9/4/2014While the food and service were good, I had serious problem with a big extra charge to my credit card which was NOT mine! Additionally, when I called the restaurant the very same night of of the illegal charge, the manager was unexpectedly most unpleasant.
- foodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Always enjoy dining here. Wonderful kale salad as well as everything else ordered.Special Features:
- overall excellent but not 4 brunchsunnysideupVIPDined on 9/1/2014I love this restaurant in general. Usually I go to Marseille for dinner, whenever I go to that neighborhood, however its brunch menu did not meet my expectation.Special Features:
- MarseilleLSFNewYorkDined on 9/1/2014Wonderful Mediterranean French Restaurant- this has long been a favorite. Friendly, attentive service, wonderful food. This visit proved, once again, a wonderful choice. The greatest compliment was the one offered by a Parisian colleague: great choice, great food!Special Features:
- Good pre-theater optionChameleonDined on 8/27/2014Courteous and attentive wait staff. Good bistro food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014A Hell's Kitchen gem close to the Theatre District with great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014We go often to Marseille and - during the years - we've found consistently good food, very good service, great value. Please, do NOT change anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchbigblueVIPDined on 8/24/2014a good place for brunch in mid-town. close to the theater.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent choice for pre-theater dining. Excellent food and the pri-fixe dinner option is a good value.Special Features:
- jersey111VIPDined on 8/23/2014Noise level so bad, we chose to eat outside--not quiet sitting on 44th St.,either, but better than inside--my salad was over-priced for what was in it
- JanetDined on 8/21/2014We had such a wonderful experience at Marseille. From the delicious food to the outstanding service, everything was just perfect! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosemarieDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has a great location.The food we ordered was very good and good presentation as well. We wouldl go again. The service left a little to be desired.Special Features:
- great pre theatreparisnycDined on 8/16/2014I have been going to Marseille for years before Broadway. I have brought numerous friends and family over the years there but I need to say that this past visit was a little bit of a deception. I feel it has gone down. I actually had a stomach ache which is due to un sanitary conditions. I still love the place but I have to be honest.Special Features:
- Nice brunchNumber1VIPDined on 8/16/2014The brunch was great with a good variety of selections. Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fast ServiceNeededADateNightWithHubbyDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had Friday night tickets to a nearby theater and our afternoon was one of those anything that could go wrong did kind of days. We got to Marseille about an hour and a half later than we had originally planned and the wait staff served us very quickly so that we could still get to the theater on time for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being in a French cafeLorraineVIPDined on 8/14/2014I've wanted to go to Marseille for a long time. Just never got there. Loved everything about it. The energy. The service. The food. The wine. I will return.Special Features:
- Fun lunchLamdDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our recent lunch at Marseille. At first, were given two tables that were terrible, but the hostess graciously allowed us to move a third time. Service was haughty and slow, but our food was expertly prepared and came out exactly as ordered. The staff moved at a quick pace, but our wait between meals was too long to be comfortable--we got there after the lunch rush so it should not have been a problem. Watermelon carpaccio was a stand out. The fennel and sauce on the salmon plate were delicious. The prices are very reasonable! I'm not sure I would return since there are so many restaurants from which to choose, but I'm glad we tried it.
- this place has gone way down hillgvillageDined on 8/14/2014food used to be good. service used to be good. They are both terrible now. Almost like this is a different restaurant. I went there twice in the last three weeks. It was awful !! Food almost inedible.
- our go to for Bistro FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014Always reliable and good food with an extensive wine list.Special Features:
- CozyGramercyCatDined on 8/12/2014Met up with 2 friends to catch up, the food was food, the server made excellent recommendations, everything super yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchMerceDined on 8/10/2014I had a friend in town from Nashville, and I wanted to take her to a place for brunch that was nice and had some cachet, was New York-ie and fabulous. Marseille didn't disappoint. The service was prompt, professional and friendly, and the food was outstanding. It was a lovely day, and the restaurant was impressive without being haughty. This place has been a favorite of mine for some years, and it remains one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MK2013Dined on 8/9/2014I was visiting from Boston and stopped by for a lunch before going to a broad way show. The service was great, but did not serve the full menu in Saturday or Sunday lunch (which I did not find it written on the menu).! The had brunch and a few other selections. Nonetheless it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service second time aroundJackieDined on 8/8/2014I took my boyfriend to Marseille last year and we both loved it. The food is wonderful. However, this time around I went with a group of my girlfriends and we had terrible service. We had two waiters, I don't think they even introduced themselves. One took our order and then disappeared. At every single plating there was a mixup or a dish missing. They wait staff fixed it but it always took forever. I ordered the cookie plate and it was not what was described on the menu. No one came by to apologize or to see how we were doing. At the end of the meal, we spoke to the manager who took off our coffees and gave us champagne. I still felt like no one seemed to care. I enjoy the food at Marseille but I just hope they improve their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceCarolynVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food during our recent visit was wonderful. The veal milanese was perfectly crispy. The cocktails were creative and well-balanced. The sweet corn pot de creme dessert was AMAZING. Truly, the only complaint we had was slow service, but in the company of good friends it wasn't even an issue.Special Features: