630 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marseillenyc.com/
- Phone: 2123332323
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5pm - 12:00am, Sunday - Tuesday: 5pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Marseille
Marseille is a casual Southern French restaurant with Mediterranean influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marseille reviews from OpenTable diners
378 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (170)great for brunch (112)fit for foodies (111)great for lunch (93)special occasion (89)notable wine list (80)good for groups (70)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (44)late-night find (41)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (18)scenic view (9)Show More
- Good pre-theater optionChameleonDined on 8/27/2014Courteous and attentive wait staff. Good bistro food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014A Hell's Kitchen gem close to the Theatre District with great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014We go often to Marseille and - during the years - we've found consistently good food, very good service, great value. Please, do NOT change anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchbigblueVIPDined on 8/24/2014a good place for brunch in mid-town. close to the theater.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent choice for pre-theater dining. Excellent food and the pri-fixe dinner option is a good value.Special Features:
- jersey111VIPDined on 8/23/2014Noise level so bad, we chose to eat outside--not quiet sitting on 44th St.,either, but better than inside--my salad was over-priced for what was in it
- JanetDined on 8/21/2014We had such a wonderful experience at Marseille. From the delicious food to the outstanding service, everything was just perfect! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosemarieDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has a great location.The food we ordered was very good and good presentation as well. We wouldl go again. The service left a little to be desired.Special Features:
- great pre theatreparisnycDined on 8/16/2014I have been going to Marseille for years before Broadway. I have brought numerous friends and family over the years there but I need to say that this past visit was a little bit of a deception. I feel it has gone down. I actually had a stomach ache which is due to un sanitary conditions. I still love the place but I have to be honest.Special Features:
- Nice brunchNumber1Dined on 8/16/2014The brunch was great with a good variety of selections. Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fast ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had Friday night tickets to a nearby theater and our afternoon was one of those anything that could go wrong did kind of days. We got to Marseille about an hour and a half later than we had originally planned and the wait staff served us very quickly so that we could still get to the theater on time for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being in a French cafeLorraineVIPDined on 8/14/2014I've wanted to go to Marseille for a long time. Just never got there. Loved everything about it. The energy. The service. The food. The wine. I will return.Special Features:
- Fun lunchLamdDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our recent lunch at Marseille. At first, were given two tables that were terrible, but the hostess graciously allowed us to move a third time. Service was haughty and slow, but our food was expertly prepared and came out exactly as ordered. The staff moved at a quick pace, but our wait between meals was too long to be comfortable--we got there after the lunch rush so it should not have been a problem. Watermelon carpaccio was a stand out. The fennel and sauce on the salmon plate were delicious. The prices are very reasonable! I'm not sure I would return since there are so many restaurants from which to choose, but I'm glad we tried it.
- this place has gone way down hillgvillageDined on 8/14/2014food used to be good. service used to be good. They are both terrible now. Almost like this is a different restaurant. I went there twice in the last three weeks. It was awful !! Food almost inedible.
- CozyGramercyCatDined on 8/12/2014Met up with 2 friends to catch up, the food was food, the server made excellent recommendations, everything super yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchMerceDined on 8/10/2014I had a friend in town from Nashville, and I wanted to take her to a place for brunch that was nice and had some cachet, was New York-ie and fabulous. Marseille didn't disappoint. The service was prompt, professional and friendly, and the food was outstanding. It was a lovely day, and the restaurant was impressive without being haughty. This place has been a favorite of mine for some years, and it remains one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MK2013Dined on 8/9/2014I was visiting from Boston and stopped by for a lunch before going to a broad way show. The service was great, but did not serve the full menu in Saturday or Sunday lunch (which I did not find it written on the menu).! The had brunch and a few other selections. Nonetheless it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service second time aroundJackieDined on 8/8/2014I took my boyfriend to Marseille last year and we both loved it. The food is wonderful. However, this time around I went with a group of my girlfriends and we had terrible service. We had two waiters, I don't think they even introduced themselves. One took our order and then disappeared. At every single plating there was a mixup or a dish missing. They wait staff fixed it but it always took forever. I ordered the cookie plate and it was not what was described on the menu. No one came by to apologize or to see how we were doing. At the end of the meal, we spoke to the manager who took off our coffees and gave us champagne. I still felt like no one seemed to care. I enjoy the food at Marseille but I just hope they improve their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceCarolynVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food during our recent visit was wonderful. The veal milanese was perfectly crispy. The cocktails were creative and well-balanced. The sweet corn pot de creme dessert was AMAZING. Truly, the only complaint we had was slow service, but in the company of good friends it wasn't even an issue.Special Features:
- Good and PlentytheaterGOERSDined on 8/7/2014Mussels and fries very good. (Fries were seasoned with rosemary and thyme -- nice combination.) Vegetable terrine tasty but hard to cut into bite-sized pieces with standard knife due to large slices of eggplant and squash. Tuscan chicken cooked under a brick excellent -- crispy skin. Mashed potatoes divine. Half a dozen grappas on menu, but only one available. Cheese plate okay, but cheeses not identified by server. Ordered three scoops of sorbets, but got only two flavors: blueberry promised but not delivered. Sardinian white a big surprise -- clean and fruity.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekAnnieDined on 8/6/2014I took my mom out to this French restaurant for her birthday during restaurant week. I chose this restaurant in particular because they had a lot of variety. We started off with some cocktails, my mom got the sangria and I got the "Le Pamplemousse." The sangria sounds good from the menu, but it was sub-par, I definitely had better. The Pamplemousse was not overly sweet, but also nothing memorable. Appetizer, we got the Saffron Risotto and vegetable terrine. The risotto had no saffron flavor and it was under-salted. I highly recommend the terrine. Entree we got the lamb chops and branzino. They were both delicious, but my favorite is definitely the branzino. Flavors were well balanced between the salsa verde and corn & celery slaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch at marseilleAlexDined on 8/5/2014Last Tuesday I entertained a visitor who has had little experience with New York at lunch at Marseille. I admit that the choice of restaurant was dictated mostly by location, but we had a wonderful lunch experience. Superb food with superb service and with a modern but elegant ambiance made for an excellent interlude in an otherwise busy day. Noise level was mercifully low, and the highlight was a truly first-class wine list with a strong emphasis on the French, of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealEdPesDined on 8/3/2014Exceklent food and service made for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sundaybigblueVIPDined on 8/3/2014a good omelette. good service. wine is over priced.Special Features:
- NYCwineandfoodieDined on 8/2/20143rd time back to Marseille food is always excellent, they had kale salad before it was the latest new trend, hanger steak melted in your mouth and as always service is very good I would definitely recommend MarseilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever reliable Hells Kitchen faveFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Good place to meet friends for brunch, dinner, pre Theater bite or just for drinks. Good vibrant atmosphere, professional experienced staff, quality food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurant in the theater areacaliDined on 8/1/2014I've eaten here before and have always enjoyed the food and the quality of service. It did disappoint this time either. We had dinner later in the evening and so didn't have to wait for our table. Eating here is never a rushed experience unless you advise them that you are going to a show. Prices are good too! I would recommend this place for a good meal and a very pleasant atmosphere! Could almost think you are in Paris!!!Special Features:
- Overpriced small portionsLuvcoffeeDined on 8/1/2014The crispy trout and calamari were delicious but tiny portions on $13 kale salad which was my entree (that they also forgot to bring with the meal). Tiny portion on pasta as well. Not worth it for the prices. Prob should have figured for 9 th ave but was recommended as a top find. Keep looking.Special Features:
- average service, food, and ambienceDaisyDined on 7/31/2014We came here after the theatre and had read about the food and ambience. Our waiter was lackluster at best and the food was good but not memorable. The ambience was decent but again, not something to write home about! There are so many options in NYC and I was sorry we picked this for one of our few dinners out.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backpopadopDined on 7/31/2014I've walked by this restaurant so many times but never stopped in. I'm so glad that I finally went inside. The food was so delicious, especially the desserts! Save room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we chose MarseilleMaryDined on 7/30/2014My annual reunion with long-time friends coincided with NYC's Restaurant Week. We chose Marseille from the list because of the prix fixe menu, location and general reviews. The food and service were great. Each of us would definitely be happy to go back there.Special Features:
- ButchDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner at a reasonable price. Service was excellent. It was a special occasion and your restaurant help make it more so. A little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurantespoir0412Dined on 7/30/2014The lamb chop and rasberry tart were good. I loved themSpecial Features:
- RontuDined on 7/30/2014Great French Bistro; good food, attentive service, energetic for groups - yet private enough for couples.Special Features:
- FabulousILOVEFOODDined on 7/30/2014Went with a group of six women for lunch. It was restaurant week so we got an unbelievable deal. The waiters were very friendly, helpful & personable. The service was fabulous which we were happy about since we had a Broadway show matinee to catch at 2:00. Three of us had veal which was delicious & a big portion. We were able to get any dessert on the menu. Everyone liked the chocolate cherry bomb & the apple crisp. We all said we will definitely go back & also recommend this restaurant to our friends & family.Special Features:
- lobsterloverVIPDined on 7/29/2014We went to Marseille after the theatre and enjoyed it. The biggest downside was that our waiter was not very good. However food was fine and prices were reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theater district findMarieDined on 7/29/2014I don't live in the area, but whenever I am meeting friends near the theater district this is my go to place for reliably good food at fair prices. The tables are well spaced so you don't hear everyone's conversation. The crab cake falafel appetizer was wonderful; plenty of fresh crab meat with just enough holding it together. I will be back again ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFredHVIPDined on 7/28/2014Our waiter, Mike, was friendly, helpful and professional...made the evening memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theater diningKODDinerDined on 7/28/2014We went to Marseille prior to seeing a show at the Majestic. It is very convenient for this and the food was good. Overall I feel that the price was a bit on the high side, but not completely out of line. We went during Restaurant Week so did receive a bit of a discount, otherwise this would have been more expensive. A good option if you are going to a show.Special Features:
- Solid spotChaunceyDined on 7/28/2014Marseille is an evergreen. Solid place, food is consistently good. Nice atmosphere, nice space. Good for pre-Theater. Well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.