Marriott at River Cree Resort - The Kitchen
300 East Lapotac Blvd
Edmonton, AB T7X3Y3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Marriott at River Cree Resort - The Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rivercreeresort.com/kitchen-buffet-and-bistro.html
- Phone: (780) 484-2121 ext. 56178
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 6:30am - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ashish Bhatnagar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Marriott at River Cree Resort - The Kitchen
Discover our live action cooking stations and a delectable array of exceptional dishes that will redefine your concept of buffet dining. Join us for breakfast or sleep in and enjoy our Marriott Brunch. Each of our dishes are carefully prepared by our world class chefs with top quality, fresh ingredients that will delight your palate with every bite. We offer daily themed buffets that offer something for everyone and a creative menu that blends both lunch and dinner into one exquisite experience. Whether you are eating light or indulging, you won’t be disappointed with The Kitchen Buffet Bistro. We require half of the party in order to be seated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marriott at River Cree Resort - The Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Yummy!BigeaterDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant has a different food theme depending on the night of the week. We have been to Thursday night "Ribs and Chops" and Friday night "Grab the Crab" for Alaskan snow crab and the food was great! On Friday, the place was packed but it was worth the wait. I would go and eat earlier next time though, or plan to gamble for an hour while waiting for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I am Deaf, the waitress the outstanding at providing us service and understanding, she was fantastic.Special Features:
- Not my favorite menuCorianneDined on 7/30/2014I love eating at the Kitchen Bistro at River Cree - they serve a different menu each day of the week so it doesn't get dull. Today was my first visit for "Steak Night", but I must say I wasn't overly impressed with it. There was no way to know how each piece of meat was cooked - better to put mini signs into them stating 'rare', 'medium-well', etc. So a few might go to waste if they weren't cooked right for a certain person. Also, some of the accompaniments were a little bland. But I still love this restaurant, and they have good service, and keep the food as fresh as possible. I give them 1-1/2 thumbs up for this particular visit. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Marriott at River Cree Resort - The Kitchen reviews archive.
- Very nice foodMultiplevisitorsDined on 7/17/2014Glad to have been able to make a reservation to the Kitchen. Food was very nice but would have liked more green vegetable variety (cooked).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I booked my reservation online and that was a bit frustrating. We were coming with a mix of adults and children and couldn't book anything at the early dinner hour for a table of 8. I finally booked for just the adults and sent a message kids were attending. Upon arrival I wasn't sure if we would be accommodated or not. Once arriving the staff was amazing... we were seated to accommodate the 9 people. Pretty sure I will never book online again as the personal touch was amazing. we will book again with River Cree just not online as the personal service was what made the experience the best. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Night OutLERUMADined on 6/23/2014We ate the Prime Night meal with our friends from out of town, we all enjoyed it very much! The Prime rib roast was juicy, fresh and seasoned nicely, and never ending! We all enjoyed the other options such as fish and pork as well. The different salads were also fresh and nice. The desert crepe bar was our favorite as we all went back a couple times each! All in all, great food, excellent service by the staff! I would recommend it and we will go again for a different theme night.Special Features:
- Seafood buffet on TuesdayStraighttalkerDined on 6/17/2014This was a pathetic buffet...hardly any seafood unless wanted to fight with crab legs and cut up your hands doing it. The enter was cheap catfish fried and the rest was pasta based. The cold fish was but one choice...smoked trout..not even smoke salmon there.. A large pole of mussels of which half the shells were empty and those that were there were cooked to death. My goodness..I was embarrassed to have I invited my friends to eat there and had to make a reservations two weeks early for lousy unimaginative food. Further...the tables were mostly empty so why did I have to make a reservation for 5 PM? Spare me...the only good meal I had at the Casino was the Saturday breakfast. I will stick with that...never the dinner again.
- jjlandDined on 6/8/2014The service was very good. We all were disappointed in steak, it was well done and a little dry. The rest of the buffet was quite good. One of the reasons we choose Sunday was for the steak and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServicejjlandDined on 5/29/2014We thought the food and selection were excellent. The service and all the staff were very,very good. The Kitchen restaurant was clean and inviting The chef did our beef just the way we like it. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday Month VisitLucky777Dined on 5/13/2014Overall experience is very good !!! The service from starting my booking online till we reached the receiption desk and being served is excellent. I love the seafoods, soup, salad, mussles, deserts, hot foods...yummy yummy. The servers are friendly and helpful. They do greeting customers and always carry their smile on :) even in a busy day. Foods are refilled promptly. I brought my lady at work this time as she has never visited this restaurant even she is living closed to this location. We have a wonderful time there. We always come to this restaurant on our BIG days during the year. Bring friends and family there and have funs. My husband brought his friend there last week, and they have a wonderful time too. Thanks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy waitressbusywaitressDined on 4/22/2014waitress is too busy to serve. Had to wait a long time to get drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyBigeaterDined on 4/3/2014Really yummy food but wish there was a little more variety. Great service and lots of tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was easy getting in comparedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014It was easy getting in compared to the usual Friday night seafood buffet where they don't allow reservations. It was not a busy night so not as noisy as expected. The food choices was good but not as much. We were a company of 9 celebrating a birthday. Most of the company were first timers in Edmonton, having driven all the way from California. I was glad I booked The Kitchen because they were not disappointed with the food. Everything went well. The only donwside was the request for special something for the birthday celebrant was forgotten. It did not make the occasion special and it felt like it was just an ordinary dining thing. The celebrant was disappointed that her special day was not as special as she wanted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When went for the seafoodterryDined on 4/1/2014When went for the seafood buffet and we found that the choice of food is limited so we filled up on the crab legs. It was always well stocked. The service was OK. It took a long time to get our drinks but our server was there to clear the table of crab shells quite often. We tried the clam chowder soup and it was good and there was plenty of variety for deserts. All in all, if you do not like seafood, particularily crab legs, do not go to the seafood buffet.Special Features:
- I do not want to be your serverRichardoDined on 3/27/2014Our server, Linda F. was not in a good mood when we arrived... she was being verbally assaulted by the booth next to us. Our server clearly was pushed over the top and we were now her next challenge. Mixed up drink orders, late delivery and ambivalent attitude throughout our meal. I think she was having a tough day overall. We made a booking to celebrate our son's birthday, but everything kinda went sideways. In the past, on a birthday night, our server has presented a small slice of cake to the birthday person, but not this time. Overall, decent food, but not really warm enough. I hope things improve next time.Special Features:
- Went for a Birthday SupperOpentableDined on 3/2/2014The food was good and the prices were on par. I was just a little disappointed in the amount of food to choose from. I was excepting 3 of this and 4 of that and it was not there. But overall it was very goodSpecial Features:
- dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Not what I expected; we went on the advice of friends, we were told the seafood buffet was excellent. The crab legs were very small, the mussels were not tasty. The pickled fish was exceedingly dry. The choice of seafood for a seafood buffet was paltry. At the end of the night we put a $100.00 on red - and won - so the dinner was paid for, which made the night for us.Special Features:
- Little disappointing for the foodNikonbugDined on 2/13/2014Most of the visits to the restaurant is good except tonight. The food is cold, refilling will not be done until repeated requests made to the chef and the waitress. The prime rib night used to be so delicious and fresh. Not on this night! Food selection is less to be desired. Where is the zest for the good food? I am back on the 14th with a group of friends, food is way better. Why?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageeatoutDined on 2/9/2014Very average food with an attractive name...surf and turf buffet! Kids friendly a plus.Special Features:
- SEAFOOD NIGHT BUFFETLERUMADined on 1/28/2014NICE SELECTION FOR SIZE OF PLACE, BUSY WITH GUESTS, ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR BUFFET NIGHTS, TASTED GREAT, HAD BEEF AND A FEW OTHER THINGS AS WELL NOT SEAFOOD TO OFFER, OVERALL HAPPY WITH MEAL AND GREAT FRIENDLY SERVICE. WE WILL TRY ANOTHER THEME NIGHT THERE FOR SURE!!Special Features:
- UnbelievableRailroadchickDined on 1/26/2014Had an amazing time as did my partner. The food was great and the coffee was to die for. The server we had was prompt and polite. Even the manage graced us with his presence at the time of the bill and made us laugh I can't wait to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service quality is averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2014I was disappointed with the quality of food (main dish). The Ribs are a bit warm on one side, and the other side was cold and hard to eat. The Chicken Tendori was dry. It was not busy evening and when I was trying to get attention one of your server. It seems, she was not paying attention on her surroundings. I was 4 feet away from her and I called her at least 5X, she just pass bye on me and continued cleaning other tables.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 12/24/2013Very disappointed with the food. Not too many selections on the salad. They were only serving turkey on christmas eve which I found it was ok. It would be great if they also served prime rib. Some cooked hot items were ok, the beef was too salty. They dont have much selections on fruits, only pineapple and melon. Other desert selections like cheese cake and others are good. This is a Marriott restaurant and I was expecting a 5star restaurant. Disappointed.
- enjoyed the buffet.nocooking4meDined on 12/19/2013Four of us came to celebrate a birthday on Thursday night and we all enjoyed the delicious buffet. The price was excellent too. The service was very good as well. We will be definitely be back again. Mango dessert was so good.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and turf disappointmentFoodie780Dined on 12/15/2013Went to the surf and turf buffet Friday night. The only "surf" was peel and eat shrimp, roll mops (pickled herring) , and cold BBQ salmon. No crab legs, no mussels. "Turf" was dried out and tasteless beef tenderloin slices not a carving station. It was an open kitchen and you can see on their work stations the pieces of tenderloin sitting at room temperature and not refrigerated. Quite unappetizing. Had to tell the cook in the back to change out the hot items due to dried out meat that's been sitting out too long. Salad selection and desserts were never replenished or changed out. Not worth the price of 25 bucks.
- Reasonable value for a buffetShaneDined on 12/12/2013There is not a great deal of selection, food lately has been dry and bland. We find that they change chefs often, and the quality of the food varies greatly. In general, it is acceptable food for a buffet. The dessert buffet is the best part of the Kitchen buffet. Nothing overly exciting or delicious. It's food. It's edible. It passes for palatable. I would not recommend this to foodies or anyone with a discriminating palate. It's really just okay. If you have kids under 12, it's a great value if you have any big eaters. Their fish is always pretty bland, or overcooked, or both. Their prime rib can be overcooked and a bit dry and touch if you go on those nights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastictimyDined on 11/10/2013It was fantastic!!!! The only very minor issue was that the menu for the buffet at the entrance of the restaurant, stated that their was a Cod dish being served for the surf and turf buffet, but it was not on the buffet. Seating was prompt, service was friendly and the food was excellent. I would venture to say that the River Cree Kitchen is the best buffet in town morning, brunch, lunch and dinner. On other occasions I have ordered off the menu and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is ice cold, we hadliketoeatDined on 10/27/2013The food is ice cold, we had stomach problem after dinner. The restaurant environment is good, the staffs are friendly, the dessert is good, only the food bothers me and my 16 months old was so cold.
- delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2013Service was extremely good, food was delicious! We ate way more than was good for us. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodAngryDined on 9/22/2013Beef is dry and not juicy. Only have 5 kinds of cake I can choose and no ice cream. Salad is the best one. $25 for a person is so expensive!
- Surf and turf nightSammyDined on 9/8/2013We went to surf and turf night for our anniversary. The woman on the phone when I checked into it said it would be steak and things such as scallops and shrimp. I was disappointed when it was just shrimp and smoked white fish. I felt the surf part of the buffet was lacking in variety.The desserts were amazing though, and it saved the experience from becoming a disappointment . The staff were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was too cold in the restaurant!westgateDined on 8/29/2013it was too cold in the restaurant! better to turn down a bit.Special Features:
- Great food and great service;kingyummyDined on 7/31/2013Great food and great service; love real lamb meat, international cuisine, great choices.Special Features:
- We have eaten here severalmarriedwith2childrenDined on 6/30/2013We have eaten here several times in the past and have always enjoyed the food. This time, my 3 year old son and I both found the restaurant rather chilly. It is an unfortunate thing that I have noticed where I have to take a sweater if I am going out to eat when it is hot outside. The air conditioning really does not need to get turned up so much higher when it gets above 25C. Otherwise, the food was good and we like that the buffet has a good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YuckMrsBDined on 6/30/2013That pretty much sums it up.......yuck. Food quality has plummeted rapidly from its opening, which at the time was really quite decent. Food was low quality and low selection, I realise buffet is not typically considered fine dining but this was just one big regret.
- One of our favorite buffetsj0anyDined on 6/24/2013The Kitchen offers a pleasurable experience in buffet-a la carte dining. I always enjoy this restaurant, be it for a casual dining experience or a group ginner with friends or family (occasions). The staff are always accommodating and happy to serve. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food is excellent!BangBangDined on 6/19/2013I always bring my friends to have a dinner or brunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Anniversarywally1Dined on 6/11/2013It was our 25th anniversary and we enjoyed our dinner, the atmosphere and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closest thing to a Vegas Buffet!!Sassyangel33Dined on 6/2/2013EXCELLENT breakfast buffet and affordable! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- FoodluvfoodDined on 5/15/2013We usually have our ladies night out get together at your restaurant THE KITCHEN, we always get excellent service and great food, however this visit the only thing all the ladies mentioned the food was not so good. We will give it a try again when we have our ladies night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.