Marrakesh Studio City
13003 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Marrakesh Studio City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marrakeshdining.com/
- Phone: 818-788-6354
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Marrakesh Restaurant offers catering for all occasions. Choose from a complete Moroccan-style dinner or buffet service.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us host your next event. Birthday's, Anniversary,Christmas, rehearsal, wedding party.
- Private Party Contact: Ali Rabbani 9493314100
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing Nightly
A word from Marrakesh Studio City
Serving Southern California since 1975. 2008 4 star Award winner SCRWA. Tented tables, low lights, painted clouds on the ceiling and lively belly dancers will surely delight you and your guest dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Marrakesh Studio City - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
Marrakesh Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (11)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful food,great services and ambiance. Great value for the price and quality. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting LAalamedamomDined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed the food and quite attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- RockyDined on 9/1/2014Food is interesting. Service is great. Portions are small. Belly dancers are okay one time but the constant noise is not conducive to conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at MarrakeshirisheyesDined on 8/28/2014We took our son & family to celebrate his 34th B-day. From the hand washing with rose water to the mint tea at the end it was a memorable experience. A good time was had by all, service was exceptional and Belly Dancer added a nice touch.Special Features:
- Cool experienceFoodieHFTDined on 7/29/2014They start by washing your hands with rose water. Then the appetizers come out, including soup, carrots, eggplant, and shirazi salad. Some bread accompanies this. A delicious chicken and almond dish follows. Is it a dessert or is it a meal? That is for you to decide. Either way, it's delicious. The main course is based on what you chose from the feasts and comes out family style. Tea and baklava seal the last of the meal. Throughout the entire course, live entertainment is right in front of you. very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014food was very good and large servings. Room was warm, restaurant just opened up. Staff friendly and courteous. Parking available on street and valet. Was happy with the overall experience.Special Features:
- VanessaDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and the service was amazing food!Special Features:
- Old-style MorrocanBigNormDined on 7/26/2014Last of the old-style Moroccan wedding-feast restaurants. Nothing too spicy; excellent service.
- something differentb4n4n4Dined on 7/25/2014First time eating Moroccan food and it was a great experience. The lamb was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceleemorr23Dined on 7/25/2014We have been to Marrakesh before and knew what to expect. Having said that, this time was disappointing, to say the least. It was my wife's birthday choice and, while the food was what we remember, it wasn't as good. The starters were fine, if a little sparse. The mains were alternately bland and over-spiced. The beef kabob was over done, the couscous was bland and the veggies were mushy. For the price, it was a bad meal. And wife's birthday was reduced to the waiter - literally - throwing a baklavah with a candle in front of her as we were getting up to leave, with a loud version of Happy Birthday playing in the background. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Fun experiencelove2eatDined on 7/23/2014A small group of us went to Marrakesh for DineLA, and we were pleasantly surprised. It was a first time experience with Moroccan food for a few of us. The atmosphere and décor transported us to N. Africa. The wait staff did a wonderful job explaining the menu and describing the different dishes. Although I thought the chicken kabob was a bit dry, everything else was fantastic. I really enjoyed the honey lamb and the portions were quite generous. We ended the evening with a perfect bite of baklava and hot mint tea, and a very entertaining belly dancing performance. We enjoyed our experience so much, that we immediately texted some friends to take their out of town guest for there for the Marrakesh experience.Special Features:
- Authentic Moroccan CuisineChesleyDined on 7/21/2014I went to this restaurant for the first time for DineLA and the service was impeccable! They were so attentive to us and let us just chill. I like that - when you don't feel like they're just rushing to get you out. The food was very authentic and was similar to the food I had when I visited Morocco and stayed with a friend (and ate most of my meals at my friend's house). The belly dancer was a good as well and really added to the ambiance. Would definitely recommend to friends and eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super fun!ShannaDined on 7/19/2014I'm gluten free and. They did a FANTASTIC job making sure everything was not only "safe" to eat but delish!! Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ethnic Eating for a Great EveningnohoeaterDined on 7/18/2014So much food and so much fun! Marrakesh has been in the neighborhood for years but is as popular as ever! Diners of all ages, including families with children, and romantically enclined couples, come for the fun atmosphere, the more than ample food, and the belly dancer! With the regular menu (without specials) it might be a bit pricy, but not outrageous. Don't be put off by their list of fruity specialty cocktails--they do have a full bar.Special Features:
- The following 233 reviews are from the Marrakesh Studio City reviews archive.
- Overall OpinionchefsommDined on 6/20/2014Very attentive servers and helpful. Belly-dancer was very good and entertaining but I wasn't expecting an Asian looking one. I was expecting someone with a moorish look. The wine list is not so extensive but you should try their Moroccan wine; it goes well with the food. Although the interior is a bit drab; you do get the Moroccan feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experienceMarciDined on 6/14/2014If you are looking for an experience and not just dinner, it is a fun night with good food and good service. You should just be aware that all the options are prix fixe, but there are different options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceLaurieKDined on 6/7/2014I can sum up my review in three words: Eat at Marrakesh. We ordered the Chef's Special and were treated to courses of soup, salad, chicken and meats, a veritable feast which left us stuffed and leaning back on our sofa cushions. The belly dancer, aside from being friendly and entertaining, offered a way to work off a little of the meal by teaching diners the basics of belly dancing and encouraged us to try and mimic her moves. See my full review on Yelp for more details.Special Features:
- Flavorful ripastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014The food was very tasty and in abundance. There was even a belly dancer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the targetNazzDined on 4/13/2014This is what you were hoping for in the moderate price range. The decor is genuine...low cushioned seating, traditional carpets and tapestries, regional music, and intriguing artwork. The food is varied...your tastes may run to one entree or another but all of the food is authentically flavored. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style eating, not for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2014Go for the outstanding food and service, warm and inviting ambience, and the belly dancer. There were four of us and we picked the main course from 4 choices and all of us shared soup, salad, appetizer, main course, tea and baklava. Even the bread was delicious. I traveled 70 miles to get to the restaurant and I already have plans to return. If you love food, this location is not to be missed.Special Features:
- MarrakeshRabdawgDined on 3/22/2014This is a pleasant dining experience. The wait-staff is very attentive. The food is above average, interesting and filling. The ambiance is fun, unusual for the Valley and would be a great place with a family just for a fun time with good food. The cocktails were vaguely original but well executed.
- Wonderful experienceJenniferDined on 3/17/2014The whole experience was wonderful. We went on a Monday night early and were the only table there. The service was excellent, stall very friendly, answered all our questions and checked with the chef when they didn't know. When we said the chef was to be commended for the delicious food, he came to the table and spoke with us personally. Very talented belly dancer gave us a private dance (we were the only ones there) LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hair in food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014When the waiter put the food on the table in looked wonderful and we were hungry so we started right away eating. First bite tasted good but there was something else in my mouth besides food, it was a piece of long hair!!! My wife wanted to walk out but it was our 20th anniversary so I tried to make the best of it but my wife was not happy. The Manager apologized and got another plate and that was the end of it. We got to the end of the dinner and there was not a greeting for our anniversary. We really lost our appetite because of the hair and did not eat very much and had asked for the leftovers to be wrapped up but when we got home we noticed there was food missing, they ruined the night for us and we will never go back!!
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014I love this resturaunt! The food is amazing as well as the service. I take every friend I meet here when they want to eat real quality food. I can never get enough of this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been in a while andzyggroupVIPDined on 3/5/2014Haven't been in a while and for good reason. The food was ok. The bread and bastilla were embarrassing. Price is right. Service was only fair. Waiters put plates on tables, but not in front of the diners, so we reach across the table to pick up our plates and put them in front of us. C'mon you guys, make this a festive dining experience, as Moroccan dinners should be.
- Diamond in the roughChowhoundDined on 2/15/2014Had a fantastic time at Marrakesh. Food and service were excellent. The belly dancer was fun, too. A great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moroccan cuisine and ambianceLeoODined on 2/14/2014Food was good and the belly dancers did their thing. A little confused about who our waiter was. There was some long gaps without anybody coming around to check on us but overall the experience was worth the while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exotic fun & food, bad serviceBorgessaDined on 2/8/2014The hostess was exceptionally gracious and caring. However, the wait staff spoiled it for me. Sat for 10 minutes without even a greeting. Had to get up and ask for water. We were a group of 4 and felt mostly ignored. They refused to separate the billing, which caused more problems for us trying to sort it out. The belly dancer was entertaining and the food is very good, when they get around to bringing it to you. There was a wedding party in the next "room" - open walls - so it was extremely noisy until they left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarrakeshDinnerfortwoDined on 2/1/2014First date Service & ambience were excellent Kabobs were over cooked., could not cut with a fork Dessert and tea was very good Belly dancer was interesting & niceSpecial Features:
- new expriencekiakDined on 1/25/2014I liked the vibe and service but honestly food is not real Moroccan food. it was Americanized and just like other Americanized food everything was super sweet. It was a good experience overall but I wish food has real Moroccan spices not sugary.Special Features:
- Good food and ambienceGemmaGEDined on 1/25/2014I chose Marrakesh to introduce my friend to Morrocan cuisine because I knew she was going to love it, and she did! I went there expecting to eat with my hands, but I was pleasantly surprised when they provided forks :) It was great that there was a belly dancer when we were there. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014The food was a amazing. The service is prompt and polite. Great place to go and relax while enjoying a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old childhood favoriteTrojanSkyCop1Dined on 1/17/2014I first discovered Marrakesh way back in 1981 when I was 6 years old and my Dad (who had actually worked in Morocco back in the 1960s) introduced me to Moroccan food. I loved it then, and I've loved it every time I gone since (approx. 10 visits over the last 33 years), including this last visit, wherein I introduced an old high school friend to the place. Love the atmosphere, love the belly dancers, love the bastiya, love the quail and rabbit dishes. Shukran!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun New Years EveSafarigalUSADined on 12/31/2013Fun place to celebrate New Year's Eve. Enjoyed the belly dancer.Special Features:
- Awesome Place to experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013We were there for lunch, and it was a quiet hr. It was only me and my wife. The manager was the one that tended our table and was super nice. I personally liked that i did not looked at the menu, he just asked me what we liked and made a "Cheffs Speciall" meaning we tried a bit of everything from the Menu. We had entry, salad, soup, appetizer, main course, dessert and hot tea. The servings were very generous and we had an long and enjoyable time 2.0hr meal. All this awesome food for $90including tip. I was really happy with the whole experience. Definetly recomend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had our annual law firmOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2013We had our annual law firm office party here on a quiet Sunday. They provided us with their best and most comfortable room and attended to our every whim. Our group lingered there past their closing hour but they never rushed us. The food is first rate. So what if Dar Magreb closed. Marrakesh is warm and friendly and they do Morroccan food just as well. Everyone on the staff treated our employees like honored guests and special. It was also nice to see they had a filet of sole option for their main courses. They need to develop a unique Moroccan vegetarian dish, but that is a minor quibble.Special Features:
- Place was not what expectedDharmaDined on 11/23/2013It was pricey for the food! Service was good went for birthday occasion expecting more of it belly dancer only danced for a short period of time and in the end they over charge and included their own tip they messed up on my check and had to go back to to take care of their over charging mistakes! Will not go there againSpecial Features:
- Very good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2013Food was great and so was atmosphere. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy a leisurely dinnersproeteDined on 11/5/2013Marrakesh is good place for a a group or couple to have a relaxing meal with lots of courses to try. We went on a week night, It was not very busy or noisy so we can talk comfortably. The decor is Moroccan with coach seating, Please note that the chairs are too small for the average person. not very comfy when you are staying for awhile.So go for the coach seating. There were 5 in our group. Everybody loved the salads. The chicken pastry was tasty but not suited for the no carb friends. We tried the quail, rabbit and lamb for the main course. Everyone loved the quail, the rabbit was a little dry and the Lamb was too sweet for all of us. Overall it was a good experience and I will go back to try some of the other courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seervers were very courteousPorterDined on 10/6/2013The seervers were very courteous and gracious. The food was excellent. The manager was very accomadating and retrieved a standard chair for one member of the party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.