Marrakesh Costa Mesa
1976 Newport Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92627Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Marrakesh Costa Mesa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marrakeshdining.com/
- Phone: (949) 645-8384
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Executive Chef: Latifa Bakiri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Marrakesh Restaurant offers catering for all occasions. Choose from a complete Moroccan-style dinner or buffet service
- Private Party Facilities: Let us host your next event. Birthdays, Anniversary, Christmas, rehearsal, wedding party.
- Private Party Contact: Ali Rabbani 949-331-4100
- Entertainment: Bell Dancing Nightly
A word from Marrakesh Costa Mesa
Serving Southern California since 1975 Award winning MarrakeshContinued
Tented tables, low lights, painted clouds on the ceiling and lively belly dancers will surely delight you and your guest dining experience!
Tented tables, low lights, painted clouds on the ceiling and lively belly dancers will surely delight you and your guest dining experience!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Marrakesh Costa Mesa - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Marrakesh Costa Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)romantic (30)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- WASTING TIME AND MONEYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014WASTING TIME AND MONEY WASTING TIME AND MONEY WASTING TIME AND MONEY
- Delicious Moroccan foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We felt that we were sitting in a tent. Very special decor. We went on Monday evening. It's very quiet. Food is different and interesting. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Fun night out!NatashaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Dined during a date night with my boyfriend and we loved it! First, we Loved the Chef's Feast! The Rose water hand wash is the perfect touch on the experience! The food is so delicious esp the lamb!! Second, Loved the decor and ambience! The belly dancing is also a fun touch! Third, the drinks are strong :) The belly dancer was my fav but wine probably paired better. Def not your typical dining experience, loved it! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive eveningDottieDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated a birthday there Recently. The atmosphere was Like being in another country and The food was great! This would be a great romantic dinner date location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun new experienceLMSDesignDined on 10/30/2014Took my daughter and her fiancé to experience their first Moroccan dining experience. They haven't been able to stop talking about wonderful dishes. Even accommodated one guests gluten free diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Great food, great service, quiet atmosphere and a belly dancer. What could be better!!!Special Features:
- Debonaire777Dined on 10/14/2014Food was good thou ! We celebrated my son's 35th b-day ! It was a Tuesday night & we did use group-on for 6 ! It did cost us an arm & leg ! Gratuity will always be included in the bill , beware since they would not tell guest esp when ur pre-occupied of having fun ! Bill is kinda hard to figure out since its full of erasures ! We got victimized so for others to be AWARE ! Food is good & tender ! Enjoy the belly dancer but it was almost empty !
- ExcellentSullyfishVIPDined on 10/10/2014Went for our fourth anniversay. Seemed like we were actually transported to Morroco. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!greatDined on 9/26/2014It's a little pricy for my tastes, but we knew that going in. The service was excellent, the staff was very accommodating, kind and helpful, the food was excellent and the ambiance was terrific. I'm not that big on belly dancing so that didn't improve things, but overall the restaurant experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemtj519Dined on 9/24/2014We were pleasantly surprised when our group of three dined at the Marrakesh (a Wednesday evening). Not only was the food fantastic, but the service was excellent! We were not sure about Morrocan food, but everything was expertly prepared, and our waiter was very kind and helpful with our food selections. We enjoyed a prix fixe dinner and it included several courses. Our only complaint was the seating was uncomfortable as some in our party are quite tall with long legs (seating was low to the ground, almost on pillows). On the positive side, the ambience was great and we felt as if we could be dining in Morrocco, and we received additional discount coupons to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A journey to a distant landdanawwDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance in this magical restaurant is what I imagine to be the setting in 1001 Nights--plump pillows to recline on, tented rooms, colored silks. But the real magic of this place is found in its food, which is truly delectable. We were in a group of four and we had a Groupon, so the meal was a prix-fixe multi-course extravaganza. Every bite was scrumptious, starting with the appetizer, salad, main dish, dessert, mint tea. It was a really lovely experience. The service was impeccable, and of course the belly dancer added an exotic touch. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marrakesh was a Fun Timeksb48VIPDined on 8/31/2014We brought our daughter for a fun night out....we ordered hummus and it was delicious. The cocktails were flavorful and refreshing. Hubby had a combination dinner with filet kabob and fish and we ordered shrimp kabob mini dinner and chicken mini dinner. The soups were delicious. The salad was fresh and flavorful. We loved the fresh pita bread with the hummus....everything was fresh, well seasoned and delicious. We had a couple of glasses of Morrocan wine with dinner. The tea and Baklava was a nice end to the meal. We will return.Special Features:
- Fun, Fun, FunOCfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Be prepared to dance with a belly dancer. Very entertaining. Everyone should try this at least once. Great date night, celebration, GNO, or whatever. Also suitable for all ages. Love the ambience. great service. We lucked out - for a Saturday night - we got full attention. Make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likestocookDined on 8/20/2014The décor was fun, the food was done quite well and the service was very good. The whole experience was positive. We had a small celebration and this worked out perfectly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ethnic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014The ambiance, food and service were all worthwhile to experience and certainly reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exellenthappydaysDined on 8/10/2014My family and I wanted to try something new and unique and this place is just that. I got the lamb tangin which was amazing, lamb was soo tender and it was flavored so amazingly, along with my meal was soup, salad, bread, bastilla and dessert !! I recommend this place to anyone who is up for trying new foods, great for a family meal and my daughter loved the food as well. The service was incredable they were very attentive and kept an eye to make sure we were done and ready for the next course, and there was also a vellu dancer that was great entertainment, my daughter loved her !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A complete dining EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Marrakesh exceeded our expectations! We went to celebrate our 14th anniversary. We were greeted and given our choice of tables in a beautiful tented room. We settled down in the cushions and immediately were offered beverages. The cocktails were unique and festively named. The fig vermouth cocktail was the best! Each course was presented in a timely way and outshone the previous. The food was divine. Did I mention the service? The rose water hand wash, the steaming hot towels and the tea service were fabulous! They even have a belly dancer on a midweek evening! Don't miss this trip to Morocco without the airfare!Special Features:
- Try to eat here twice a yearPhilDotDined on 8/1/2014Dine leisurely. Lean back on the cushions to eat a French Moroccan meal of multiple courses served in the Moroccan style. My wife is content with chicken and couscous as the main course. More venturesome, I usually try the rabbit or quail. Finish with baklava and mint teaSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our evening!J18ktleoDined on 7/28/2014It's been 20+ years since we've been here! although it was the Newport Beach location. Everything was great, food was delicious, service was very good and enjoyed the added Belly Dancer! Music was very nice in the background which allowed easy conversation around the table. Highly recommend for a fun and different evening outMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 328 reviews are from the Marrakesh Costa Mesa reviews archive.
- Great Food for Romantic DatefoodAdventureDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful authentic dinner and amazing cultural experience, we had a great romantic night, We had the Prix-Fixe dinners for two from Groupon that started with hand washing from the bowl, followed by lentils soup, freshly baked bread, traditional Moroccan salads, Bastilla filo dough appetizer and the famous Marrakesh mixed grilled served with Moroccan couscous. The highlight of evening was belly dance accompanied by Moroccan music. The night ended with homemade Baklava and a cup of sweet mint tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN AND DIFFERENTEnjoyVarietyDined on 7/22/2014Dinner at Marrakesh is a fun and interesting opportunity to try some wonderfully tasty and different foods. Atmosphere takes you out of the US and to Marrakesh! Entertainment is a beautiful and talented belly dancer. Everyone should try this restaurant.... we will return! Great place for a special occasion and large group as well as a two-some. Nice and quiet, semi-private rooms.Special Features:
- Family Had A Very Good Timeocfamily528Dined on 7/10/2014Family of four adults enjoyed a very nice dinner here on a Thursday night. We arrived late for our reservation, but it was no problem as we were seated immediately. Service was excellent: prompt, very polite, and attentive. Soup was very good (a tad too salty) while salads were excellent as were the entrees of lamb and filet mignon kebab along with the vegetable couscous. The only disappointment was the chicken being a bit too dry. The bread, dessert, and mint tea were also excellent. Belly dancer was entertaining. The decor was appropriate for the theme of the restaurant. Parking was ample, free, and convenient. It was a fun night for us and other than the dry chicken, we had a great time and would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first time experience.osysDined on 7/3/2014Took my wife there for birthday dinner, only based on yelp reviews; wanted to try something different. We had a great time. The nice thing about their ambiance is that it can work for a date and just as well for a group outing. The service is good and the food is great, perfectly cooked kabobs (shrimp, chicken, filet). You can tell the beef is filet mignon and it's not overcooked at all. Chicken Tagine was great also. We loved the starter soup and the tasty salad. There is plenty of food and it's a very relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- AuthenticmanninghbVIPDined on 7/3/2014If you are looking for an authentic Moroccan dining experience - This is the place for you!Special Features:
- Unusual dining experiancefredmDined on 6/28/2014The meal started with the waiter washing our hands from a bowl of hot water he had brought to the table. After that the meal proceeded with several courses, all of which were quite good, particularly the rabbit.Special Features:
- Experience another worldJayJanDined on 6/28/2014If you like the movies like Casa Blanca but, dread a long flight - be whisked to Morocco via Marrakesh. The restaurant will take you away to another land through the visual and auditory setting accompanied by some of the best prepared food ever and served at your pace through attentive yet not intrusive staff and the evening will be topped off by a belly dance - and perhaps a belly laugh if you try to dance as well whilst your friend and family enjoy a cup of sweet mint tea. Truly a delightful and memorable evening for a group of friends or family.Special Features:
- Fantastic find!ShoshanaVIPDined on 6/25/2014We cannot wait to go back to this restaurant. Every dish was delectable! Everything about Marrakesh is authentic, from the rose water hand wash at the start of our meal, the beautiful wooden inlaid tables and everything else. Try the Prix Fixe meal -- you will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a romantic eveningKk688Dined on 6/23/2014Wonderful birthday dinner, was able to introduce my boyfriend to it and he loved it as much as I did. Great cultural experience, and weekday nights are very quiet, so we had a great romantic night, had our section to ourselves for almost our whole meal. Can't wait to go back. And our server was fantastic, very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeknightbanditDined on 6/12/2014Great experience. My first time having Morrocan food and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEatupDined on 6/8/2014The food was delicious and the wait staff very friendly and attentive, you can tell they love being there. This is a true dining experience, you are served several courses with time between to relax and enjoy each delicious course before you. The only reason I did not give it five stars was we were seated by the belly dancer's table and her friend. They were loud and didn't understand the concept of an inside voice. The belly dancer seemed to interested in her socializing to dance and the management had to come over and tell her she needed to go out and dance. She was asked a second time to dance for a a new table that had arrived and she complained to her friend about it. Outside of that portion the entire experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceromanianbrittVIPDined on 6/3/2014My boyfriend and I have been here twice, and we've had an amazing experience each time. The food is absolutely delicious, the service is up to par, and the ambiance is top notch! I would highly recommend this place for a couple looking to try something new, or a group of people looking to have a fun evening out. They are vegetarian friendly, but also have the most amazing chicken and filet mignon skewers. We always get the prix fix meal because it come with everything from your soup and salad, to a pre course pastry, to your main course, to dessert and their Moroccan Mint Tea! Absolutely amazing! I highly recommend if you're looking to try something new or spend a fun night out with friends. You won't be disappointed! Happy Feasting!Special Features:
- FoodloverfoodloverVIPDined on 5/26/2014This was a wonderful restaurant! We had never eaten here and we had the most enjoyable experience. The food is fabulous, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is warm, friendly and exotic. There was even a belly dancer who taught me a few moves to work off some of the food I ate. If you want to try great Moroccan food, be lavished with good service -- all in an authentic atmosphere, this is the restaurant to go to.Special Features:
- Love itCasaInkaVIPDined on 5/22/2014In the month of May alone, I have been her 3 times--3 weeks in a row. Can you tell how much I love it?Special Features:
- Marrakesh ExperienceConnoisseurDined on 5/18/2014We loved the ambience, food, ervice and entertainment....a great place to take your date and enjoy mid-Eastern atmosphere and belly dancing! Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- An Experience to remember!SandykaatDined on 5/16/2014This was by far the most fun I've had in a long time! The service was fabulous as was the food. I will be coming back with all my friends and family!Special Features:
- Even better than we rememberedTheExperienceDined on 5/16/2014We had been to Marrakesh several times in the past, but not for a couple years. We have always liked it, but the food the other night was even better than we remembered, the ambiance is always a lot of fun, and the service was excellent. We ended up sharing 5 different kinds of meat, and every dish was flavorful and unique. The bellydancer was nice. We've seen other restaurants hire a bellydancing school to come in which gives them a little more variety in dancers while keeping the cost down (and giving a neat experience to the dancers.) My only complaint are the seats. Having the low seats is part of the show, but with low seats, they really need to be more comfortable (not slope forward, firm cushions, etc.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Exotically beautiful ambience, amazing food, great variety, and overall professional and attentive service. Thank you for making our dining experience perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experiencePaulDined on 5/14/2014We chose this restaurant as we knew little about food from Morocco. It all started when we placed our drink order; I thought Pinot Noir, but our knowledgeable server asked if we'd like to try wines from his country;"No" but thought we'd like to try. This was a good decision; the wine was superb! Former French colonies in North Africa produced a lot of wine for the "home" market! Getting to the meal, it is obvious that utensils are not the norm here, but the restaurant makes accommodations; we were given a fork. The vegetables soup was outstanding, the 3 brochettes were both flavorful and extremely tender; the couscous was surprisingly good and the baclava and mint tea were a perfect close to this surprisingly good meal. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDutchessladyDined on 5/12/2014I've been coming for years and enjoy it as much now as I did the first time. The food is delicious and healthy, what more can you ask? I'm particularly fond of the Bastilla, vegetable salad, soup, bread and lamb. I just enjoy it all. Belly dancing is fun too.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014We had a blast and the food was great. Very accommodating to vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Belly dancers were a nice touch.Special Features: