Marrakesh Costa Mesa
1976 Newport Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92627Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Marrakesh Costa Mesa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marrakeshdining.com/
- Phone: 9496458384
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Executive Chef: Latifa Bakiri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Marrakesh Restaurant offers catering for all occasions. Choose from a complete Moroccan-style dinner or buffet service
- Private Party Facilities: Let us host your next event. Birthdays, Anniversary, Christmas, rehearsal, wedding party.
- Private Party Contact: Ali Rabbani 949-331-4100
- Entertainment: Bell Dancing Nightly
A word from Marrakesh Costa Mesa
Serving Southern California since 1975 Award winning MarrakeshContinued
Tented tables, low lights, painted clouds on the ceiling and lively belly dancers will surely delight you and your guest dining experience!
Tented tables, low lights, painted clouds on the ceiling and lively belly dancers will surely delight you and your guest dining experience!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marrakesh Costa Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)good for groups (31)romantic (27)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A journey to a distant landdanawwDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance in this magical restaurant is what I imagine to be the setting in 1001 Nights--plump pillows to recline on, tented rooms, colored silks. But the real magic of this place is found in its food, which is truly delectable. We were in a group of four and we had a Groupon, so the meal was a prix-fixe multi-course extravaganza. Every bite was scrumptious, starting with the appetizer, salad, main dish, dessert, mint tea. It was a really lovely experience. The service was impeccable, and of course the belly dancer added an exotic touch. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marrakesh was a Fun Timeksb48VIPDined on 8/31/2014We brought our daughter for a fun night out....we ordered hummus and it was delicious. The cocktails were flavorful and refreshing. Hubby had a combination dinner with filet kabob and fish and we ordered shrimp kabob mini dinner and chicken mini dinner. The soups were delicious. The salad was fresh and flavorful. We loved the fresh pita bread with the hummus....everything was fresh, well seasoned and delicious. We had a couple of glasses of Morrocan wine with dinner. The tea and Baklava was a nice end to the meal. We will return.Special Features:
- Fun, Fun, FunOCfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Be prepared to dance with a belly dancer. Very entertaining. Everyone should try this at least once. Great date night, celebration, GNO, or whatever. Also suitable for all ages. Love the ambience. great service. We lucked out - for a Saturday night - we got full attention. Make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likestocookDined on 8/20/2014The décor was fun, the food was done quite well and the service was very good. The whole experience was positive. We had a small celebration and this worked out perfectly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ethnic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014The ambiance, food and service were all worthwhile to experience and certainly reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exellenthappydaysDined on 8/10/2014My family and I wanted to try something new and unique and this place is just that. I got the lamb tangin which was amazing, lamb was soo tender and it was flavored so amazingly, along with my meal was soup, salad, bread, bastilla and dessert !! I recommend this place to anyone who is up for trying new foods, great for a family meal and my daughter loved the food as well. The service was incredable they were very attentive and kept an eye to make sure we were done and ready for the next course, and there was also a vellu dancer that was great entertainment, my daughter loved her !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A complete dining EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Marrakesh exceeded our expectations! We went to celebrate our 14th anniversary. We were greeted and given our choice of tables in a beautiful tented room. We settled down in the cushions and immediately were offered beverages. The cocktails were unique and festively named. The fig vermouth cocktail was the best! Each course was presented in a timely way and outshone the previous. The food was divine. Did I mention the service? The rose water hand wash, the steaming hot towels and the tea service were fabulous! They even have a belly dancer on a midweek evening! Don't miss this trip to Morocco without the airfare!Special Features:
- Try to eat here twice a yearPhilDotDined on 8/1/2014Dine leisurely. Lean back on the cushions to eat a French Moroccan meal of multiple courses served in the Moroccan style. My wife is content with chicken and couscous as the main course. More venturesome, I usually try the rabbit or quail. Finish with baklava and mint teaSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our evening!J18ktleoDined on 7/28/2014It's been 20+ years since we've been here! although it was the Newport Beach location. Everything was great, food was delicious, service was very good and enjoyed the added Belly Dancer! Music was very nice in the background which allowed easy conversation around the table. Highly recommend for a fun and different evening outMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for Romantic DatefoodAdventureDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful authentic dinner and amazing cultural experience, we had a great romantic night, We had the Prix-Fixe dinners for two from Groupon that started with hand washing from the bowl, followed by lentils soup, freshly baked bread, traditional Moroccan salads, Bastilla filo dough appetizer and the famous Marrakesh mixed grilled served with Moroccan couscous. The highlight of evening was belly dance accompanied by Moroccan music. The night ended with homemade Baklava and a cup of sweet mint tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN AND DIFFERENTEnjoyVarietyDined on 7/22/2014Dinner at Marrakesh is a fun and interesting opportunity to try some wonderfully tasty and different foods. Atmosphere takes you out of the US and to Marrakesh! Entertainment is a beautiful and talented belly dancer. Everyone should try this restaurant.... we will return! Great place for a special occasion and large group as well as a two-some. Nice and quiet, semi-private rooms.Special Features:
- Family Had A Very Good Timeocfamily528Dined on 7/10/2014Family of four adults enjoyed a very nice dinner here on a Thursday night. We arrived late for our reservation, but it was no problem as we were seated immediately. Service was excellent: prompt, very polite, and attentive. Soup was very good (a tad too salty) while salads were excellent as were the entrees of lamb and filet mignon kebab along with the vegetable couscous. The only disappointment was the chicken being a bit too dry. The bread, dessert, and mint tea were also excellent. Belly dancer was entertaining. The decor was appropriate for the theme of the restaurant. Parking was ample, free, and convenient. It was a fun night for us and other than the dry chicken, we had a great time and would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first time experience.osysDined on 7/3/2014Took my wife there for birthday dinner, only based on yelp reviews; wanted to try something different. We had a great time. The nice thing about their ambiance is that it can work for a date and just as well for a group outing. The service is good and the food is great, perfectly cooked kabobs (shrimp, chicken, filet). You can tell the beef is filet mignon and it's not overcooked at all. Chicken Tagine was great also. We loved the starter soup and the tasty salad. There is plenty of food and it's a very relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- AuthenticmanninghbVIPDined on 7/3/2014If you are looking for an authentic Moroccan dining experience - This is the place for you!Special Features:
- Unusual dining experiancefredmDined on 6/28/2014The meal started with the waiter washing our hands from a bowl of hot water he had brought to the table. After that the meal proceeded with several courses, all of which were quite good, particularly the rabbit.Special Features:
- Experience another worldJayJanDined on 6/28/2014If you like the movies like Casa Blanca but, dread a long flight - be whisked to Morocco via Marrakesh. The restaurant will take you away to another land through the visual and auditory setting accompanied by some of the best prepared food ever and served at your pace through attentive yet not intrusive staff and the evening will be topped off by a belly dance - and perhaps a belly laugh if you try to dance as well whilst your friend and family enjoy a cup of sweet mint tea. Truly a delightful and memorable evening for a group of friends or family.Special Features:
- Fantastic find!ShoshanaVIPDined on 6/25/2014We cannot wait to go back to this restaurant. Every dish was delectable! Everything about Marrakesh is authentic, from the rose water hand wash at the start of our meal, the beautiful wooden inlaid tables and everything else. Try the Prix Fixe meal -- you will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a romantic eveningKk688Dined on 6/23/2014Wonderful birthday dinner, was able to introduce my boyfriend to it and he loved it as much as I did. Great cultural experience, and weekday nights are very quiet, so we had a great romantic night, had our section to ourselves for almost our whole meal. Can't wait to go back. And our server was fantastic, very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeknightbanditDined on 6/12/2014Great experience. My first time having Morrocan food and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEatupDined on 6/8/2014The food was delicious and the wait staff very friendly and attentive, you can tell they love being there. This is a true dining experience, you are served several courses with time between to relax and enjoy each delicious course before you. The only reason I did not give it five stars was we were seated by the belly dancer's table and her friend. They were loud and didn't understand the concept of an inside voice. The belly dancer seemed to interested in her socializing to dance and the management had to come over and tell her she needed to go out and dance. She was asked a second time to dance for a a new table that had arrived and she complained to her friend about it. Outside of that portion the entire experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceromanianbrittDined on 6/3/2014My boyfriend and I have been here twice, and we've had an amazing experience each time. The food is absolutely delicious, the service is up to par, and the ambiance is top notch! I would highly recommend this place for a couple looking to try something new, or a group of people looking to have a fun evening out. They are vegetarian friendly, but also have the most amazing chicken and filet mignon skewers. We always get the prix fix meal because it come with everything from your soup and salad, to a pre course pastry, to your main course, to dessert and their Moroccan Mint Tea! Absolutely amazing! I highly recommend if you're looking to try something new or spend a fun night out with friends. You won't be disappointed! Happy Feasting!Special Features:
- FoodloverfoodloverVIPDined on 5/26/2014This was a wonderful restaurant! We had never eaten here and we had the most enjoyable experience. The food is fabulous, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is warm, friendly and exotic. There was even a belly dancer who taught me a few moves to work off some of the food I ate. If you want to try great Moroccan food, be lavished with good service -- all in an authentic atmosphere, this is the restaurant to go to.Special Features:
- Love itCasaInkaVIPDined on 5/22/2014In the month of May alone, I have been her 3 times--3 weeks in a row. Can you tell how much I love it?Special Features:
- The following 314 reviews are from the Marrakesh Costa Mesa reviews archive.
- Marrakesh ExperienceConnoisseurDined on 5/18/2014We loved the ambience, food, ervice and entertainment....a great place to take your date and enjoy mid-Eastern atmosphere and belly dancing! Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- An Experience to remember!SandykaatDined on 5/16/2014This was by far the most fun I've had in a long time! The service was fabulous as was the food. I will be coming back with all my friends and family!Special Features:
- Even better than we rememberedTheExperienceDined on 5/16/2014We had been to Marrakesh several times in the past, but not for a couple years. We have always liked it, but the food the other night was even better than we remembered, the ambiance is always a lot of fun, and the service was excellent. We ended up sharing 5 different kinds of meat, and every dish was flavorful and unique. The bellydancer was nice. We've seen other restaurants hire a bellydancing school to come in which gives them a little more variety in dancers while keeping the cost down (and giving a neat experience to the dancers.) My only complaint are the seats. Having the low seats is part of the show, but with low seats, they really need to be more comfortable (not slope forward, firm cushions, etc.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Exotically beautiful ambience, amazing food, great variety, and overall professional and attentive service. Thank you for making our dining experience perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experiencePaulDined on 5/14/2014We chose this restaurant as we knew little about food from Morocco. It all started when we placed our drink order; I thought Pinot Noir, but our knowledgeable server asked if we'd like to try wines from his country;"No" but thought we'd like to try. This was a good decision; the wine was superb! Former French colonies in North Africa produced a lot of wine for the "home" market! Getting to the meal, it is obvious that utensils are not the norm here, but the restaurant makes accommodations; we were given a fork. The vegetables soup was outstanding, the 3 brochettes were both flavorful and extremely tender; the couscous was surprisingly good and the baclava and mint tea were a perfect close to this surprisingly good meal. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDutchessladyDined on 5/12/2014I've been coming for years and enjoy it as much now as I did the first time. The food is delicious and healthy, what more can you ask? I'm particularly fond of the Bastilla, vegetable salad, soup, bread and lamb. I just enjoy it all. Belly dancing is fun too.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014We had a blast and the food was great. Very accommodating to vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Belly dancers were a nice touch.Special Features:
- Great Groupon Find!HungryinOCVIPDined on 5/4/2014We arrived and were seated within minutes. The decor was very cool- low light, tapestries, low cushioned chairs, couches with pillows, artwork, authentic music. The servers were very friendly- I think it was supposed to be slow paced, and we were not in a hurry. The food was delicious! The soup was awesome...no spoons though, you drink it right out of the bowl! The three salads and bread were very tasty. We had the shrimp, chicken, and filet mignon over cous cous and it was to die for! The belly dancer was great! Very personable, without making you feel weird. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- A True Moroccan FeastMVGuysDined on 5/4/2014We had one of the Prix Fixe feast dinner and everything was great. Had a very good Moroccan red to accompany. Only possible complaint was that with several different servers (at least 4) they forgot our bread until we asked for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moroccan FoodsmudgeDined on 5/4/2014The food was very nice. However, even though we had a groupon, I thought it was very expensive for the amount of food you received.Special Features:
- Not the greatest but okKittyDined on 4/18/2014Quail was dry. Should be juicy. Felt i was rushed by second waiter. Appetizer not good at all except eggplant was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love marrakesh!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014We love this restaraunt! It truly is easy to schedule reservations. It is a hidden gem in Costa Mesa.Special Features:
- TiredfoodieDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant just seemed tired. The food was not as diverse as I remember. There was only one belly dancer who just made some twists. Food seemed reduced to just a few uneventful courses or variety. Nothing noteworthy. Would not go there again. One plus was that they did not rush us.
- Lots of fun!OCBusinessmanDined on 4/5/2014I had not been to Marrakesh in about 18 years. I Celebrated my birthday with my family and we had a wonderful time. The atmosphere is entertaining, the food was better than I remembered, and the service was good. Highly recommend it for a fun, group dinner.Special Features:
- luvorganicsDined on 4/5/2014Best Moroccan food in Southern California. It is one of my top 5 Favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Visit at least each decadejwelkerDined on 3/23/2014The service was great, the food was outstanding, good atmosphere. The service people that have been with the restaurant for years are truly wonderful. The newer people have not learned the little touches the previous people know... ( the trick of pouring the tea into the glass three feet above the table) The bathrooms could use an updating as well as some of the dining areas. At a cost of over $50.00 p/person, the service and food great, It would be difficult to visit more than 1 or 2 in a decade or to have a business meeting. It is a unique dining experienceSpecial Features:
- horrible customer servicecandiDined on 3/22/2014We went on a Saturday night. I found a groupon. I asked the waiter if a groupon could be used this evening even though it said Monday through Thursday. The waiter agreed that he could do that. The staff was so unfriendly and rushed, and understaffed. It was hard to get them to refill our tea. Half way through the meal, the other family bought the groupon and showed the waiter. He said he would not take it and that it was only for me! Why would you let one person use it and not the other??? the manager was so rude! So then I felt bad cause it was my idea and the couple had to pay for their regular priced meal and a groupon where they would never want to come back to this restaurant! very frustrating! the food amount was very small too.