Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant
419 O'Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marrakechsf.com/
- Phone: 4157766717
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-2:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nadir Binjalut
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine available for catering. Includes homemade Moroccan bread, hummus, shish-kabob, braised Lamb and chicken with couscous and stewed vegetables. We provide catering to businesses around San Francisco.
- Private Party Facilities: Elegant Moroccan Interior, low cushioned seating(regular seating available). Tradition Moroccan Family Style, large banquet plates served onto smaller plates. Private Live music entertainment and Belly Dancers upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Nader Shahin 4157766717
- Entertainment: Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant in San Francisco features beautiful belly dancing shows every night, accompanied by live music every Saturday and First Sunday of every month.
A word from Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant
This is one of the first original Moroccan Restaurants in California. It"s worth the trip alone. This princely feast is furnished with low couches and large decorative pillows. The rooms are softened by tapestries covering the walls and ceilings. The decor creates an atmosphere of comfort and leisure. The meal is a feast served with home baked bread. This is more than just a meal; you can give over an entire evening to this relaxed and unique dining experience. Your full meal at Marrakech includes delicious Maghreb Salad, Harira (lentil soup), Bastilla (an amazing pastry-like dish, vegetarian or chicken), your choice of exquisite Moroccan entrees, freshly brewed sweetened mint tea, and baklawa (Moroccan pastry). Your Moroccan meal is best eaten Moroccan style -- using delicious, freshly baked bread as the ideal all-purpose eating utensil. To enhance your meal, we offer a wide selection of imported and domestic wine and beer, as well as a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)special occasion (14)romantic (11)late-night find (9)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- WOW & THANK YOUsurfturf2Dined on 8/18/2014The title says it all. Wow: the food was amazing and the service was out of this world. For my first trip to SF proper, I am so glad that I found Marrakech and celebrated with my student there. The lamb tangine was so tender, moist, and flavorful that at first bite you wished your ordered 2. That is, until you see how much they give you. But to be honest, as much as I loved the lamb, the vegetables were perfect. THANK YOU!!! I will return the next time I'm in SF and will bring enough people to take over one of their amazing rooms. Other people must experience this amazing place.Special Features:
- great foodrdanielVIPDined on 7/24/2014We kind of thought this would be a hopping hot spot but in fact there were only two or three other tables seated. We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and another was celebrating a birthday. The service very attentive and accommodating and courteous and the food was great but they need more business. I was really surprised that they didn't have more business for their location in SF but it was also a Thursday night. Kaleel greeted us at the door and attended to us and other staff all pitched in and covered one another which was nice. We ordered the lamb with eggplant and the chicken kabobs and with the lentil soup, salad and dessert it was too much food but absolutely delicious. I would go back with a larger group.Special Features:
- Service is exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Very accommodating, they want you to be there and make sure to show you all hospitalities!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!!!NYDCCousinsVIPDined on 7/9/2014We came on a quiet night with no show, but the food was just incredible. The lentil soup and Morrocan salad was wonderful, the Bastilla appetizer was really flavorful, and the main dishes were exquisitly seasoned. The lamb and chicken fell off the bone. But the best part was the host and service. We felt very pampered. Our party of four will definitely return on a show night, and perhaps a hookah. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!jas53Dined on 7/2/20142nd time we have been there for dinner. Our 3 friends loved it to. We all will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Venue, Fantastic HostLSYCDined on 6/23/2014We picked the restaurant because it had generally good ratings and close to our hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The setting was conducive for conversations, exchange and fun. The dance floor was spacious. The food was fresh, authentic and well presented. The host and the server were attentive. We had a great time!Special Features:
- Too much food!GrannyLovesaPartyDined on 6/22/2014I loved this place as a kid, loved it as a young adult, and still love it as a 50-something. One mile from Civic Center, we walked from the Opera House (but not in heels!) Warning: don't order a table full of full meals. Order half as many full meals as you have adults, and share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique & Fun Night Out!jenzmaleDined on 6/17/2014The service was excellent and the food was great with very large portions. The belly dancer was fabulous. We had a very early dinner reservation before too many people showed up so she was just dancing for 3 or 4 tables but she was very engaging, making eye contact with everyone, and had a great smile. I was there for a work event, and all of my co-workers enjoyed the food and the show. It wasn't overly noisy so people could have a conversation while enjoying the ambiance.Special Features:
- MastroDined on 6/15/2014The service was excellent. I am not particularly fond of Moroccan food. Please take my feedback with a grain of salt. My friend who is Moroccan loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitBorregoboyDined on 6/14/2014Had stayed near this restaurant a few years ago and went looking for it. Made the open table reservation and arrived before the floor show. Ordered a couple chicken dishes and mentioned that the stewed chicken was over done as was the chicken shiskabobs. The rest of the courses were excellent as was the two dancers. I was hoping for perhaps some recognition of my concerns but the bill came and there was no exception to the charges. I would go back but I hope that their chef reads these reviews. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly staff and good fooddineoutblissDined on 5/24/2014I went with a group of friends on a late Saturday night. We caught the last belly dancing show and the DJ dancing music following it. Seating is on traditional cushions, the decorations are nice and the Moroccan/Middle Eastern menu is appealing. All the personnel was super-friendly, we ordered entrees and Moroccan wine (surprisingly good!) and received complementary lentil soups as appetizers and baklava for desert. Everything tasted good and each of us was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Applebees of Moroccan foodcstre3tDined on 5/24/2014I love Moroccan food and eat it whenever I can. This place was like the chain version of the Moroccan restaurants I have been too; the flavors were less bold, the ingredients weren't as fresh...The food was good though. The atmosphere was very fun and the service was great. The muisc was a little loud, but the families dancing to it made up for it.Special Features:
- So exotic!!!love2dineDined on 5/2/2014Great food, great service. Beautiful decor, nice ambience. They provide great entertainment with music and belly dancer. After dinner, you can dance the night away to the great beats of dj!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Marrakech Moroccan Restaurant reviews archive.
- 2 thumbs up!xxxxVIPDined on 4/20/2014LOVED this restaurant! The food was delicious, the service was great, and the ambiance was lovely. Definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great find!NomnomVIPDined on 4/16/2014We went here for a work dinner. Fantastic service and good options for all diets. I would absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Do. We Definitely Recommend!JessOllenDined on 4/11/2014This was our first Moroccan feast, so I cannot compare to others... but we loved it! We felt transported and pampered with service and authentic custom. The service was excellent. Because our dinner reservation was very early (5pm), we were the first to arrive. Others continuously arrived, but we were never overcrowded. The belly dancer didn't arrive until 8pm, which for us was too long of a wait... because we were overstuffed after 2 solid hours of eating and became so relaxed, we were content enough to call it a night. We enjoyed the coursed dinner, and it was far more than 2 can eat. We overheard another table suggested to share one dinner and one a la carte. We were not offered the option to share a dinner and wished we had been. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A visit to MoroccoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014The ambiance is terrific, the food quite good, and the service attentive. We had a show to catch so missed the belly dancing, which would have been fun. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Step back into MoroccoPtownBoyzVIPDined on 4/3/2014As you enter the room, it feels like going into an authentic Marrakech restaurant. The decor, music, and setting is genuine. We sat at a low brass table and the menu was what we saw often in Morocco. We had four courses come out and really enjoyed the food. All very flavorful and not over done. We wouldn't say it eas the best ever, but very good. During the meal a belly dancer came out to perform. It really wasn't our thing to watch, but she was good and not in your face as we've seen in other places. Service was attentive too. The meal ended with mint tea and poured traditionally three feet away. Good practice guys! A lovely evening for a very good value. We would highly recommend to others to experience here in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic NightIrelandDined on 4/2/2014My friends and I had a wonderful experience at Marrakech the other night, our waiter completely handled our ordering, wine, entrees, even desert. We were a large party with 2 non meat eaters, he made some recommendations and then we left the rest up to him. Our dancer was extremely engaging and even got us all up dancing. Outstanding service and a really fun night. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Authentic MoroccanDrHowFunVIPDined on 4/1/2014Haven't been here for over 20 years and decided to try it out again. Really enjoyed the authentic flavors and atmosphere. The staff is very hospitable. This will go back on my list of places to take friends to immerse them in San Francisco's diversity. Chicken Tagine was flavorful. Bastilla as really good. Fun to eat with your hands. Mint tea was refreshing. Belly dancer added to the atmosphere. Hookah's off the hook. Ready for something fun and different - check it out. How Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ambiance, excellent service,FoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2014Fun ambiance, excellent service, generous portions of food and wine and tasty food. Belly dancing,Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceHutch54Dined on 3/21/2014Can't describe it all in words but it was so authentic. Belly dancers were a special surprise. Great food and experience.
- theater and belly dancingzorroVIPDined on 2/20/2014Found this restaurant within a short walk from the theater. Service was ok. Food was great. Belly dancer was enchanting. I'll return soon. :)Special Features:
- Enjoyed experience on all levels.foodie198Dined on 2/16/2014I have eaten at a majority of the Moroccan Restaurants in the Bay Area and hands down this was the best food I have ever had. I ordered the Lamb and it literally fell off the bone and was delicious, my wife had a chicken entree. The coursed menu is a lot of food but was a great value for the Union Square area and it was the kind of meal that you don't want to be in a rush for. I would recommend leaving at couple of hours to fully enjoy the slow paced Moroccan dining experience. I found that the service was to the point and not overbearing. They also have belly dancing shows and live music on most nights of the week which was a lot of fun for my wife and I. We will certainly be back and liked using open-table to make our reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome experienceMrLewisDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food, the dancer and the excellent customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Service, OverpricedKittyDined on 2/14/2014I ate hear for Valentines Day. It was $50 per person. What we paid for was really the ambiance and belly dancing show. The seating was really confined and tight, authentic, but uncomfortable (the table kept moving). The food was five courses, which I thought my boyfriend and I would have our own portions, but they gave us one plate of each course to share. The waiter claimed it will be" a lot of food." The portions were for one person! The first three course I did not say anything, but when they brought our entree, three little lamb pieces, I called the waiter over and told him "this is food for one'. He was nice and brought a four piece of lamb, so we each had two pieces, unfortunately that fourth piece was mainly bones. Not Good!Special Features: