Marquee Grill & Bar
33 Highland Park Village
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
NW Dallas / Love Field Area
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Marquee Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marqueegrill.com/
- Phone: 2145226035
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tre Wilcox
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Tre Wilcox and and our Events Manager, Jamie Singer, will take fabulous care to make certain that your off-site event is more than a memorable experience!
- Private Party Facilities: Marquee Grill & Bar, as well as the Village Theatre are able to accomodate parties in excess of 300 people. Please call or e-mail us today for more information!
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Singer 2145226040
A word from Marquee Grill & Bar
Dine with a Top Chef star! Village Marquee - Texas Grill & Bar is the critically acclaimed, quintessential Texas dining experience. Whether you want a Prime Steak expertly grilled over Texas Oak and Hickory, or would rather try one of the many exciting Modern Texas dishes, we have you covered. Marquee’s cocktail program was developed by author and celebrity bartender Jason Kosmas. Mr. Kosmas has developed an extensive list of hand crafted cocktails reminiscent of a bygone era. The wine and scotch list is thoughtful and interesting. The décor is comfortably elegant with a nod to 1930’s Art Deco architecture. Occupying two stories in historic Highland Park Village, the downstairs dining room is a bit more formal, with the second floor dining room catering to a more energetic, modern experience. The large bar upstairs has comfortable couches, booths and many barstools. The Village Theatre’s marquee serves as the bar’s balcony providing our guest the best view in Highland Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marquee Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- 8 p.m. reservation left atmagyVIPDined on 8/3/20138 p.m. reservation left at 9 p.m. without being seated or even an explanation
- The service was excellentRegGuyTxDined on 7/31/2013The service was excellent and the food was excellent. Definitely 5-Star cailber. The overall experience is worth repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2013I was in Dallas on a business trip with my wife and wanted to take her some place special. After reading reviews on several different restaurants in the Dallas Love area, l opted for the Marquee Grill. While it had some rave reviews, I have learned to take the majority of reviews with a grain of salt but was pleasantly surprised with the food and service at the Marquee Grill. The flavors that were layered in the dishes created a party on my taste buds. The chef knows his spices as well as food paring and layering. It's one thing to use spices to obtain a pleasant flavor but to use them in such a way that they are delivered in waves in concert with fellow spices is another feat in itself. This is a sure go-to place for my future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencembhmomDined on 7/20/2013My husband and I dined at the Marquee Grill on a Saturday night. Our reservation was for 8:30 and we arrived 30 minutes early to have a drink at the bar. We went upstairs to their outdoor patio that overlooks Highland Park Village and had wonderful wine and made friends with the couple sitting across from us on the lounges. The food was excellent, especially the gnocchi on the appetizer list. I have never had gnocchi that light and fluffy! The GM came over and was very courteous and offered good suggestions for menu items. All in all, a very pleasant experience and I look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bar was nice, the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2013The bar was nice, the dining room on the other hand was noise and the food was just okay.Special Features:
- Corn Soup special was terrible.LindyVDined on 7/12/2013Corn Soup special was terrible. Waiter took it back and brought a less than spectacular caesar salad. The dressing had no anchovy taste at all. Fish tacos were good. Friend's hamburger was very good.Special Features:
- Inventive and delicious menuAntonyVIPDined on 7/11/2013We had the Thai style sashimi dish as an appetizer ... very clever presentation and subtly spiced .... My lamb dish was a delightful discovery ... the lamb was nicely rare and the idea to add a poached egg to the cilantro rice was excellent ... clever touch. My god-daughter went for the crispy salmon and loved it. We were close to the kitchen prep table and what i saw come over looked terrific ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownhillAvgDinerVIPDined on 7/8/2013This used to be one of my favorite places for lunch. However, over the last several months I have noticed a significant degredation in both selection, quality and service. The menu has become very limited and is all over the place. Obviously, Marquee has no direction. And, as stated, the quality of the food has gone way down. I would suspect the Marquee will not be around long. They have lost my business.Special Features:
- Thrilled At Every TurnOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/29/2013Our party of 4 was cheerfully greeted and led to a table in the upstairs bar for a quick cocktail. The bar is comfortable with an outstanding cocktail list and very knowledgable staff. At dinner, we were impressed with the service, the enthusiasm and the quality of the wait staff. Our food ... just magnificent. The steaks we perfectly prepared and the chicken and waffles special delighted everyone's palate. Don't miss the three ice cream sandwiches for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter was in a hurryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/23/2013The waiter was in a hurry from the moment we sat down, he ignored us getting drink orders and never really did a good job with anything. Food was spectacular!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SouthsideSteelerDined on 6/22/2013I could go on and on about the time we spent there, but them it would become packed. I'll keep this place all to myself thank you very much. No need to mention their twist on mimosas or the great steak and eggs. Naw, I won't say a word.Special Features:
- The food is EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2013We love Marquee Grill! The servers are always very prompt, knowledgeable, and accommodating. My husband and I like to try as many things on the menu as we can. We typically order a few apps, then split a salad and an entree. Marquee Grill is so great about splitting the dishes and giving us our own plates. And everything we've tried is incredible. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and atmosphOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2013We love dining at Marquee Grill. Attentive staff, exquisite food and lovely atmosphere. We highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2013I would say that this is a "one time visit" type of a restaurant. Menu was ok and the drinks were fun, but the server was very mechanical. Considering all the other restaurant option in the village, we would not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the place and theBanderaDined on 6/15/2013I enjoyed the place and the food. I plan to go back. Next time I would plan to eat in the bar. It is the best area. Nice to be able to go outside and watch all the activity.Special Features:
- Beignets are divineIalwayswantedanicknameVIPDined on 6/15/2013Great place for brunch. Love the carafes of mimosas and as noted in the title of my review--the beignets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstanding! AndlbattaVIPDined on 6/7/2013The service was outstanding! And the food awesome. The crispy duck spring rolls were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was good but slow.CMoseDined on 5/19/2013Server was good but slow. Pigs in Blanket were cold in middle. Otherwise food great! Especially brunch items!
- Mother's Day DisasterMoroccanAficionado1Dined on 5/12/2013The food was good. Wait staff needs training. Reservation was for 11:45 am. We felt rushed by the waiter the entire time. When the main course was served, the kitchen runner (not the waiter) brought out food to my son and me. My wife's food - on Mother's Day- came separately - 2-3 minutes later. Replacement silverware was not offered. I got up and took service from the next table. We were seated in the main downstairs room at the corner. The staff starting using the door next to my chair to access the outside patio. My chair was constantly bumped, no apology was offered. Some 4-5 tables remained open during our stay - we should have had an option to move. $200 later, it was not a pleasant outing.
- Our server was most excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Our server was most excellent. We were there for Mother's Day brunch and it was perfect becasue we got there early. I can't comment on the noise when full because we were one of the first ones seated.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013The menu at marquee reflects a progressive, intelligent attitude significantly influenced by modern haute cuisine trends. Service is attentive though not overbearing. Chef's specials are seasonally in tune and are anything but a thrown together dish comprised of yesterday's afterthoughts. An excellent restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- Nice personal touch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2013The chef made a special visit to our table to discuss some special requests we had regarding the menu. Nice touch and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/4/2013The drinks and appetizers were home runs, but our entrees were both disappointing. Great bartender and drinks, wedge was excellent. The shrimp and grits were bland and the pork tasted like it was rolled in salt (and I like salt a lot). The dessert was good but nothing to write home about. The wine we ordered was not flawed or turned, but it was so poorly made that it was undrinkable (should be at least decent when paying $70 for the bottle). I had high expectations and was disappointed. But, I will give it one more try before writing it off.
- Great dinner at a great localeamielpDined on 4/27/2013Went to Marquee grill for a birthday dinner and was very pleased with my choice. The service was excellent and the food was terrific. Our winter recommended the spinach ravioli which was fantastic and my date said her filet was the best she' d ever had! The chef sent out a complimentary side dish (roasted Brussels sprouts with Spanish chorizo) again terrific. Strawberry shortcake finished an excellent meal. We had been upstairs to the bar last month and had a great time (fun bar) so we thought we would come try the food and are very glad we did. Not one "miss" the entire evening. And by the way. It is NOT a stuffy vibe like some competitors! Well done!Special Features:
- My fiancé and I dined hereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013My fiancé and I dined here a few days ago. I've dined at fantastic restaurants and this was no exception. We began with Caesar salads which were very crisp and were not chilled to the bone like many restaurants tend to do. The parmesan was a large flake, and the dressing was well mixed within the lettuce - not drenched, but just enough to taste everything in the salad. After the salads we enjoyed the scallops and bacon dish. The scallops were not dry or overcooked, and the carrot puree with maple syrup was incredible - it really tied in the flavors of the scallops and the bacon. The bacon wasn't actually bacon, but rather a piece of pork belly, which is a very thick cut of bacon. The scallops and bacon are a must.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013Excellent service, food and atmosphere! Everything we had was awesome! We went for our 11th anniversary and they treated us like superstars. Chef Natera has always impressed me with his skills and always has a great team beside him!Special Features:
- We had a nice table by thePenpalDined on 4/19/2013We had a nice table by the downstairs windows and had excellent service. We were there for lunch and would have liked to have had a table outside, but it was too cold. The calamari was the best I had ever tasted, but the crab salad, while good, was rather unexciting. We enjoyed the delicious rolls and a great panacotta dessert. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A dreamOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013Chef Andre Natera was a delight to meet and Jose our server was attentive and had fantastic suggestions. It was an absolute home run. We started with the scallops and pork belly, then onto the marscapone grits and brussel sprouts with chorizo, porcini rubbed duck and filet oscar with a bernaise sauce. Then wrapped up with a fresh strawberry shortcake. Beautiful presentations and wine pairing suggestions.Special Features:
- Our first visit to the restaurant.iddocVIPDined on 4/6/2013Our first visit to the restaurant. Overall a very enjoyable dining experience. The setting was pleasant, the service excellent and all of the dishes we ordered were very good, except for the halibut with wasabi pea sauce which was rather unexciting and insipid.Special Features:
- Wow! Much better food andiCfoodVIPDined on 4/6/2013Wow! Much better food and service since the last time we visited. The new Chef has added much better menu selections. The strip steak was excellent. The pork chop looked very tasty as well. Next time I will try the duck. Just an outstanding experience overall.Special Features:
- IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013We had heard mixed reviews since they changed chefs. We found the food excelllamt! Perfectly prefared as we asked and just as good as alwaysSpecial Features:
- My friend and I had a deliciousDebbieDined on 3/18/2013My friend and I had a delicious lunch there. I had a chicken sandwich with a choice of truffle fries, regular fries, or a small salad. So glad I got the truffle fries, they were outstanding, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside with a not overpowering truffle flavor. My sandwich was flavorful and thick with tender juicy chicken. This is my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- I have been for dinner severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013I have been for dinner several times and have always enjoyed everything, especially the fish entrees.Special Features:
- Food was great. Lights wereeatout4everDined on 3/16/2013Food was great. Lights were very bright but they turned them down after a bit. A little cold, sitting under air vent, will bring a sweater next time. Great place, would go back again.Special Features:
- Had not been there in quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Had not been there in quite some time and heard they had a chef change but the food was very good, several things on menu we wanted to try and the service was appropriate and we will return.Special Features:
- I and a date had reservationscatyleaDined on 3/13/2013I and a date had reservations and my date never showed up. I had a glass of iced tea and an order of calamari served on a very hot chili sauce. It was so hot that I had to send it back. No offer was made to order substitute, or adjust my bill.Special Features:
- This restaurant was very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013This restaurant was very good! Good was amazing! This was one of the best restaurants we have gone to. I recommend the gnocchi.Special Features:
- In ultra chic Highland ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013In ultra chic Highland Park Village--great for "people watching"Special Features:
- We were seated initially atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013We were seated initially at a terribly noisy 4-top right by the bar station. We asked the hostess if there might be another option available and she was gruff and rude in telling us no. The waiter was extremely uninterested in helping us and had a terrible attitude. After we considered leaving, we asked to be moved to another seat. They moved us outside to the enclosed patio which was much better, although chilly. I was severely unimpressed by the level of service or attention given to patrons, given the price point of the meal. I will not likely be dining here again.Special Features:
- I sat in the lower level andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2013I sat in the lower level and it opened to the kitchen, letting diners view where all the magic was happening. The decor was contemporary and clean and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features: