4905 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90029Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marouchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3236629325
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Sossi Brady
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For more catering information please view our catering menu on our website and contact us with any questions.
A word from Marouch Restaurant
Marouch Restaurant provides you with authentic Lebanese, Armenian and Middle Eastern cuisine. All dishes are prepared from scratch with only then freshest and top-quality ingredients. Our recipes have been in your family for decades and continue to please every customer. In LA Weekly, Jonathon Gold named Marouch Restaurant as one of the 99 Essential Restaurants and explains that, "year after year, Marouch becomes nothing but better."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marouch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- LindaVIPDined on 8/24/2014This is not a destination restaurant - but if you are in the neighborhood, give it a try. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- We go for Birthdays!Harl246Dined on 8/23/2014My friends and I love Marouch. Everybody should give it a try. It is one of Jonathan Gold's Essential 100 restaurants and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good place!PasadenaDined on 8/1/2014Very friendly restaurant staff and owner. Lovely mix of Armenian and Lebanese fare; pretty much everyone can find something that appeals on the menu. Excellent Babaghanoush and Falafel and Shawarma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the Marouch Restaurant reviews archive.
- Not for outsidersmaverickVIPDined on 4/30/2014This restaurant seems to perfer locals. The waiter left us waiting forh.over twenty minutes. The restaurant was out of th.e first three dishes that we ordered. My dish of lamb was so over cooked that I gave up. I will never go back.
- Great dinnerVickiDined on 3/28/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend, and it definitely lived up to her recommendation. Food was very good and the waiter was friendly and helpful. This was one of those restaurant gems tucked into a strip mall.Special Features:
- We always get the vegetarianmarlaDined on 3/21/2014We always get the vegetarian plate because it has the perfect combo of hummus, grape leaves etc and then we share a meat dish. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. You are stuck with house wine if you don't want to buy a whole bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky findMarkarchDined on 2/15/2014This little restaurant, tucked into an unassuming strip-mall, turned out to offer some of the best Egyptian fare I've eaten in a long time. Very flavorful and all-around well done. I look forward to our next opportunity to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food.. Long Wait..KnickFanDined on 2/14/2014Food was AMAZING!!!!!!!! However , we went when it was very busy and they only have two servers . Took 25 min before the waiter ever spoke to us. Took an additional 25 min to get our drinks. Food took an 1hr and a half to reach our table. I would go back but it would definitely be off peak hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJoeSDined on 2/14/2014My wife and i dined at Marouch on Valentine's day, 2014. We had a great experience and recommend this restaurant. The service was really good. Our server was friendly and attentive and responsive. The food was also excellent. We had the Valentines special which came with multiple appetizers and mixed kabobs with rice. We also had desert.Special Features:
- If you like vegetable stewsEconomistDined on 2/11/2014Outstanding Hummus. Bland vegetables. Avoid daily specials and go for the grilled meats.
- Pleasant , but nothing special.food4funDined on 2/8/2014Pleasant , but nothing special. Stick withe the appetizers .
- One of my favorite spots!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/26/2014My husband & I lived in London where Lebanese food is some of the best outside of Beirut. I fell in love with this cuisine there - and when we returned to the US (first NYC), I was sadly disappointed at not being able to find a restaurant that could replicate the tastes & flavors of our London Lebanese haunts. After moving to LA, we thankfully found Marouch and it was like coming home again! The food is very fresh & flavorful. Their baba ganoush is the BEST! We always order too many of the mezza - it's all so delicious! For the main course, we love the lamb shank and/or stuffed Cornish hen - be sure to check either are available when making a reservation. If u could eat here every day, I would!Special Features:
- The food is authentic MiddleJamjamDined on 1/15/2014The food is authentic Middle Eastern and well prepared, very delicious. The hummus and eggplant dishes are perfect, the tabouli and lebanese salad are fresh tasting and refreshing. The ambiance is pleasant once you are inside; it is located in an unattractive mini mall. Don't let that dissuade you. The noise level allows conversation, the waiters are helpful and will explain menu items. Overall, well worth overlooking the mini mall. Yummy food.Special Features:
- LA ClassicpabloDined on 1/5/2014Authenticity and friendly service abound. I love coming here and will do so as long as I live in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :Love Itbellman10Dined on 11/30/2013The frog legs were KILLER yes I said KILLER. If you have never eaten them, shame, shameSpecial Features:
- Marouche reviewMeganVIPDined on 11/14/2013Good lebanese food and a great place to go to if you are attending a play at the Fountain Theatre. They have very limited wine by the glass only Chardonney if you want a white wine. Prices are reasonable.
- FABULOUSbellman10Dined on 11/9/2013This is what Mediterranean food should taste like. Great food, great service, great owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Middle Eastern FoodEclectictastesDined on 11/9/2013Expect every dish to be delicious, try as many as you can by sharing appetizers (or order the Mezze combo). A wonderful dining experience in a relaxed atmosphere with very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Lebanese!!!!RyanDined on 10/25/2013I have been in middle east for 2 years but this is the best Lebanese food I ever had.... When asked for the drink, do order for Jallab - I bet you will be tempted to have another round... Their Falafal is out of this world too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let The Owner Order for You!chloesnonnaDined on 10/20/2013Five of us went for an early dinner after seeing a Sunday matinee performance of "Smoke and Mirrors." (Don't miss it!) The owner suggested we order "family style" and we eagerly agreed. I'm so glad we did, as we relished each and every plate of appetizers and kabobs presented to us. (However, I believe the pickled turnips might be an acquired taste.) And had we lived nearby, instead of in San Diego, we could have easily taken enough leftovers home for another meal for two hungry diners. All of us ate more than our fill, four of us shared a bottle of wine, three of us had Turkish coffee, we left a generous tip (the service was superb!), and yet we paid just $40 each. You can't eat that well and do better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is tastes so good.PemulisDined on 10/19/2013This place is tastes so good. Every bite of every dish tastes so good. Dishes you've tasted a thousand times but this time they are perfect. And they are such nice and genuine people.Special Features:
- Authentic LebanesetimberVIPDined on 10/18/2013Pretty authentic Lebanese food. Simple setting in a (little bit scary) strip mall, not a high end location by any stretch of the imagination. Stars of the menu for us: Haloumi appetizer--perfection; yogurt kebabs are probably the very best entree, really very good; rice pudding, not what you'd expect unless you've had Lebanese rice pudding before--consistency of flan, rose water sauce. All in all, a very good meal and wasn't our first visit, which I guess says we like it as well. Very basic spot but really solid and interesting food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDiMuroDined on 8/24/2013We came with a large party on a Saturday and the waiter was great We asked for a larger set up and he graciously complied. This was my first visit, but not my son's and we were there for his birthday. The food was great and the service matched. They even brought my son a birthday dessert, even though we didn't say anything to them. Will definitely come back! I have already told others about them.Special Features:
- Eastside ComfortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013Simply good food and excellent service. This restaurant elevates the neighborhood, and elevates ethnic food. My family and I all felt at ease, almost like visiting friends who cook really well!Special Features:
- Awesome homemade food!RoadFoodDined on 7/7/2013Better baba ganoush than I've eaten at restaurants in the Middle East. Everything is homemade. Best lemonade (also homemade) that I've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in HoodTownieDined on 6/28/2013If I lived closer I would have dinner at this restaurant many many times a week. Great home-style food. Comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood Lebanese restaurpsychDined on 6/15/2013We've been coming here for years. The food is excellent and the servers are attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- The food was hit and miss.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2013The food was hit and miss. The dip mouhamara was probably the best I have ever had at a middle- eastern restaurant. Lamb chops were tender and flavorful. The quails, however, were overcooked and the Lebanese sausage were so-so. Dessert was a bit too sweet. Of note the restaurant is not in a good neighborhood and parking is very limited.
- Not Living Up to Its ReputationsisqtravelerDined on 6/13/2013Marouch has some great reviews for its Lebanese food. My party was disappointed. Marouch's website promises their own pita baked in their wood-burning oven. The pita we were served as straight from a plastic bag from the grocery store. The stuffed grape leaves were very oily. The falafel was lacking in flavor. Half of the meat on the kebab plates was ground meat, not meat chunks (definition of kebab), and not described as such on the menu. Our waiter was rather rude (he corrected my pronunciation of an Italian wine) and not very attentive, and we were the only people dining at the time. The hummus was good, but I wouldn't go out just for hummus.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013According to other reviewers, they had already mentioned not letting the facade fool you. I too was taken aback by its location upon sight, but-I put that aside (just like the other reviewers said to do) and once you get through the front door; elegance, hospitality, welcoming and friendly. This truly is a diamond in the rough. Just don't get fooled by the outside! GO IN!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great neighborhood placePasadenaDined on 5/14/2013A great neighborhood place serving Lebanese/Armenian food. Wait staff is particularly friendly and hospitable! Hearty portions too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good fresh food no frillsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013The food was really good and fresh and the service was friendly and attentive. This place is great for families and sharing, but if you are looking for romance, this is not that kind of place. We were there for Mother's Day with 12 people and everyone really enjoyed themselves. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The best Middle Eastern foodRigagigVIPDined on 4/30/2013The best Middle Eastern food in Los Angeles with a very talented chef-owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the best LebaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013This is one of the best Lebanese restaurants I've been to in Los Angeles. Very delicious and authentically Lebanese food at a fantastic price point.I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!
- Marouch has the best MiddleMissyDined on 4/11/2013Marouch has the best Middle Eastern food I've ever tasted. Everything we ate was perfectly fresh and home made. The restaurant is charming and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Everything at Marouch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Everything at Marouch was delicious. The portions are quite copious. The Meza for 4 which is supposed to be appetizers is more than enough for a full dinner for four. The best hummus and best baklava in town!
- The best restaurant I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013The best restaurant I have been to in LA. The best falafel I have ever had. Kabobs better than I had ever imagined possible.Special Features:
- The food selection was wide,JerryDined on 3/8/2013The food selection was wide, quite tasty and reasonably priced. Strong recommendation for a nice meal.Special Features:
- Just Like Mama used to make!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I am Middle Eastern (Lebanese) so I have a trained pallet for middle eastern cuisine. Hands down the best middle eastern food in Los Angeles. Closest thing to homemade tasting Lebanese cuisine!
- This place has great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013This place has great food and the service is A+. If you go for dinner at around 8pm, there's a belly dancer. We were lucky to get all-in-one the same night.Special Features: