222 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marmont.net/
- Phone: 2159231100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Marmont will close to the public for private parties. Restaurant can accommodate up to 55 people for sit down parties. 80 people for bar parties such as birthdays, anniversaries, bachelor/bachelorette parties etc. Please call Dave at 215-512-1332 for any private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Dave 2155121332
- Entertainment: DJ entertainment Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Marmont Steakhouse
Casual atmosphere with excellent hand carved steaks, fresh seafood, salads & homemade desserts. Extensive martini menu and wine list. Marmont is the perfect place to enjoy dinner or cocktails with friends. Outside seating available when weather permits.Continued
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Marmont Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
Marmont Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not a good steakLeannaUCFDined on 8/23/2014It really was a bad steak and I'm not a big complainer, honestly. It was just very charred on the outside and still mooing on the inside. My husband made a better rib eye at home last night, and it only cost us $23.00 for two steaks at the supermarket, not $45.00 for one steak that was charred.
- DIAMOND IN THE ROUGHJillSDined on 8/18/2014WE HAD A VERY ENJOYABLE DINNER AT MARMONT. THEY ALMOST TURNED US AWAY TRYING TO ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS ON THE FRONT WALK ADVERTISING THE MENU - BUT I DID NOTICE IT WORKED FOR A COUPLE OF OTHER PARTIES - SO I GUESS THE POSITIVES OUTWEIGH THE NEGATIVES. THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AND OUR SERVER WAS VERY PERSONABLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't miss out on Marmontjsg36007Dined on 7/12/2014Great steakhouse! Very quick to get seated and great wait staff. For the appetizer menu I would recommend the steak spring rolls with spicy ketchup. You will also enjoy the bread that comes out to your table, the garlic butter is a real treat that goes with. Next for the entrée, I would recommend the new York strip sirloin. Marmont also make there own gourmet steak sauces, so don't count on A-1 sauce being on the table. Instead try Marmont's own Au poivre steak sauce. It has a little spicy flavor but really brings out the taste of the steak and is a winner. For dessert, I recommend the daily cheesecake or the bananas foster. Overall a great place to dine and enjoy on any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great price for a steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Small, quaint, and reasonably priced for steak and seafood. Fantastic raspberry cosmos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a bargain, even with a couponTheKitchenCynicDined on 7/10/2014An entirely mediocre experience, with uninspired food in a tired atmosphere amid worn furniture. No wonder the place is trying to draw diners with half-off coupons. In my view, it's still not worth it.
- Still my favoriteFoodieDined on 6/28/2014Food was great as usual, loved the specials. Waitress brought my husband a filet instead of rib eye... But all was good. Hubby lived the different beer they have. Wine goo as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlyersFanDined on 6/28/2014We were staying at the Wyndham in Olde City to attend a concert across the river in NJ. We wanted to find a place within walking distance of the hotel. This fit the bill and the food was excellent with many wine and spirits choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every single bite!MaxieDined on 6/21/2014Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious - house salad, filet, frites, asparagus... the bread was also excellent, as was the white sangria. The service was fabulous. The only downside to this restaurant is that we could tell it's a late-night destination... the floors and windows looked a bit rough (hence the four stars). Overall, though, I highly recommend Marmont Steakhouse. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Food!laurayangDined on 6/21/2014I went there with my friend before the concert of BSB on Saturday night. The reservation is a little bit early for dinner (around 4PM). Hence, the service may not be as outstanding as a decent steakhouse. However, the food there was awesome! We ordered filet mignon and rib eye for entree and we had the Lamp lollipop for appetizer. I really love the side dish with our steaks, the bacon Brussels sprouts and sauteed asparagus! I love the food here so much and it's better than my last steak experience at Morton's!Special Features:
- Awesome as always!beeranddisneyDined on 6/7/2014This is our go-to steak place when in Old City for dinner.Special Features:
- Pretty good...ThaoDined on 5/31/2014My boyfriend and I visited for the first time bc I purchased a Gilt offer. Our server was Melissa who was really sweet. I ordered Filet Oscar and my boyfriend got the rack of Lamb. I ordered my steak Medium but it was more like Rare so I had to send it back. I would like to note that I usually do not do that ~ it was really RARE. There could've been more pieces of crabmeat too but it was pretty good. My boyfriend thought his "large" portion of lamb wasn't very large but overall, tasty. We chose to sit outside bc the weather was really great, aside from the nearby smokers and our wobbly table (which the hostess fixed) it was fine. Next time, I think I'd choose to sit inside. Overall, it was a positive experience for our date night.Special Features:
- Steak houseShelly715Dined on 5/29/2014I took a friend there for dinner a little pricy but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:
- good time/foodRichDined on 5/17/2014The Steak I had was one of the best! Really Loved the Mussels. Really had a good experience....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marmont SteakhouseDeniseDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at the Marmont. It was a gorgeous night out but we chose to quieter indoor dining area to be away from the busy sidewalk. That was one of the things I liked the most - the music wasn't too loud and the acoustics made it possible to easily have a conversation with each other. We had excellent service - very attentive and the food was very good. I had the Oscar filet and my steak was cooked to perfection. The brussel sprouts on the side were good but didn't need the bacon (just my opinion of course). We will be going back for dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 454 reviews are from the Marmont Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Very overpriced. Not worth itNewFoodieDined on 3/28/2014I took my fiancé here bc we wanted a nice upscale dinner experience. I ordered the surf and turf she ordered the steak. Both dishes included filet mignon which were cooked like an Applebee's steak. The portions are large which is a good thing considering our bill was $116 for two people. At dinner we said these are Ruth's Chris prices for Fridays quality. We visit upscale restaurants frequently thus completely missed the boat
- Bad SteakFLTraveler33VIPDined on 3/20/2014Filet Mignon was not that great. I actually thought it was the worst steak I've had in a while. It was tender but burnt to a crisp and lacked flavor. The sides and drinks however were very good.Special Features:
- My 6th or 7th visit here andDowntownBobVIPDined on 3/18/2014My 6th or 7th visit here and as expected outstanding food. The filet Oscar was superb!Special Features:
- great steakluvdiningDined on 2/27/2014The steak was exceptional! I had Filet Oscar, which is a filet with lump crab meat, served over potatoes. The filet was awesome, crab was different than I have had before, but good. My sister had a NY strip Florentine (tomatoes and spinach on top), she raved about it. We also had a side of baked Brussels Sprouts with bacon, VERY tasty and a large portion. We both had the house Cabernet wine (apx $8 a glass), and we were both very impressed with it. The restaurant is smaller than most steak houses with a relaxed atmosphere, in the old part of Philadelphia. Perfect if you want great food in a relaxed surrounding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/26/2014What a great NY strip I had. The sides were also tasty and the vibe was vey low key- we were the only patrons. I left satisfied and would return again. Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall A Great FindthisguyshaneDined on 2/15/2014Great food and great service! I would recommend this restaurant although I think there are better steak houses in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerVdaydinerDined on 2/14/2014We choose Marmont because we wanted a change of pace from the usual chain-type restaurants. The food was average. I had the 16oz Ribeye, which was well flavored but had a little too much "char". My wife didn't comment on the lamb. She usually keeps quiet If she doesn't have anything nice to say. We did enjoy the sides of mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. They may have been the highlights of the meal. Our server did fine, until the end when he disappeared for a noticeable amount of time. The restaurant in general was cramped. We were seated next to some kind of server water station and the wall next to the stairs. Definitely not romantic. We probably will not come back nor recommend this to anyone else.
- quick reviewOldCityLocalDined on 2/14/2014The food was decent, but everything was off just a pinch in some way. Its way overpriced compared to what you would get in center city at a real tenured philadelphia restaurant. This place, along with every other restaurant right on market between 2nd and 5th are all tourist spots. I dropped 170$ there on practically no food when I could've eaten a steak buffet at chima/fogo. Oh well. Like I said, food was decent, at least.
- Impeccable service, avg atmosphereChrispyDined on 2/8/2014We really enjoyed our time at Marmont. The service was impeccable, Lisa was amazing. While the food was also delicious, the setting could use a makeover. The neon lights and the poor layout do not help what could be a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great foodlv2dineDined on 2/8/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We purchased our dinner coupon through travelzoo, what a great deal. Food was delicious ( we both had steak the filet you could cut with a fork) , service was great. Very small restaurant you are sitting VERY close to next table. We do not mind, but some people would not like that. We will be back, love this restaurant....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marmont SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Food was delicious. Noise level was uncomfortable. Hard to hear each other speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me and my Husband Had a greatmabarkerDined on 1/30/2014Me and my Husband Had a great time and the food was excellent our waitress was superb. we will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2014We took my Brother and sister-in-law out to celebrate his upcoming birthday. Staff could not have been nicer. Food was delicious and the timing of each entrée was perfect-even though there was a full house. There was a small glitch in our seating time. We weren't seated for about 1/2 hour, even though we had a reservation. The manager apologized and offered to buy us a round of drinks. Very attentive service. 3 of us had rib eye, which was excellent, and one had Lobster Ravioli. We all agreed that this was a restaurant worthy of a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restayrant Week!!weluv2eatDined on 1/30/2014Girls night out for restaurant week. The food was delicious with nice portions. The evening was VERY enjoyable and I would go back againluv2eat!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rest week feedbackGrp4Dined on 1/29/2014The wait was longer than expected with reservations and others who arrived after us were seated before us. The bartender was friendly but made a drink he was unfamiliar with and it was bad. The soups were okay, appetizers could use seasoning, steak was amazing, choc cake was average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week MenuPhillyfoodieVIPDined on 1/28/2014Where can you get a 12 oz sirloin steak perfectly cooked with 3 0ther courses than Marmont during Philly Restaurant Week. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedKzureDined on 1/27/2014I was absolutely not impressed. The steak was super dry. The mashed potatoes and asparagus were pretty good. But I didn't go to a steak house for great vegetables. Also, I know it's a small place, but being asked to leave our table, was not a good move. In my experience, when being asked to move because your establishment is small, you could at least OFFER your guests a drink at the bar. All in all, I will not return.
- PerfectionCassDined on 1/26/2014Everything from the food to the setting and the music of the place was perfect. I have absolutely nothing bad to say. Had a perfect date with my boyfriend there! Absolutely loved it!Special Features:
- Great foodLoveFoodDined on 1/26/2014The food was delicious. From the crab bisque to the lobster ravioli to the steak & mashed potatoes. Only thing I was not thrilled about was the wait time even though we had reservations. We were told to go to the bar however there weren't any seats at the bar left. Which left us standing up for 15 minutes by the door. It's also very small in this restaurant. Other than that the drinks were good. The bartender and waitress were great. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2014The storefront is hard to find and when you walk in, you feel like you are in a small dive bar. However, the decor is nice, staff really friendly, and WOW is the food amazing!!!! Took advantage of restaurant week. They aren't kidding around that they are a steakhouse. Not sure I have had meat cooked that perfectly before. My whole family loved it! However, we had a party of 7 and it was a little crammed...but still enough room to eat and relax. Drink specials are great. Would highly recommend this place and hope to visit again soon!Special Features:
- My boyfriend said it was topMWRJDined on 1/25/2014My boyfriend said it was top five best steak he's had. He got the filet medium. I had the veggie kabobs with risotto and they were delicious. We had baked brie for an appetizer, and that was really good. We had reservations and were seated right away. Our waitress was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightLuckyobeDined on 1/24/2014The service was excellent very attentive and the food was great will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSarahJDined on 1/24/2014We went to Marmont for restaurant week to celebrate my mothers birthday. The food was amazing. The menu for restaurant week was perfect! You got a choice of soups, I had the crab bisque. It was amazing! Then choice of appetizer for each, I had the calamari. It was beyond perfect. Batter was crunchy, and the jalapeños were the perfect compliment. Or entree I picked the crab stuffed talapia with risotto and it was delish! My only complaint was the chocolate cake seemed from freezer not homemade but wasn't really needed as the rest of dinner was very filling. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order a steakBethDined on 1/24/2014I ordered the NY Strip Steak. Worst steak I have ever had; poor quality and taste like rubber.
- Great for Restaurant WeekKathyDined on 1/23/2014Marmont has a really nice restaurant week menu. Everything was delicious and very nice size portions. The restaurant is rather cold in the winter months because it is small and there is a cold breeze each time the door opens.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 minute wait with reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014Three of my girlfriends and I had reservations for 7:30 and we had to wait 40 minutes before we were seated. When I asked to be compensated for the long wait the manager refused and said were not allowed to give out free drinks but if you buy one we'll give you one free. Food was good but was not pleased with the service.