222 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marmont.net/
- Phone: (215) 923-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Marmont will close to the public for private parties. Restaurant can accommodate up to 55 people for sit down parties. 80 people for bar parties such as birthdays, anniversaries, bachelor/bachelorette parties etc. Please call Dave at 215-512-1332 for any private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Dave 2155121332
- Entertainment: DJ entertainment Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Marmont Steakhouse
Casual atmosphere with excellent hand carved steaks, fresh seafood, salads & homemade desserts. Extensive martini menu and wine list. Marmont is the perfect place to enjoy dinner or cocktails with friends. Outside seating available when weather permits.Continued
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
DJ & Lounge Wednesday thru Saturday night. Winner of "Best Of Philadelphia Steakhouse 2009!" Come see what everyone"s talking about at Marmont!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marmont Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (16)romantic (15)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (10)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great place to go!jsg36007Dined on 11/23/2014Fantastic service and very friendly. The Cheesesteak mini wraps were incredible to begin with. My entree was a special for the day, New York strip steak marinated in an Asian style sauce with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Absolutely fantastic to say the least, the food was outstanding. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service.NiceDined on 11/21/2014Only issue was it was cold from the door opening and closing. Only issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodnicoDined on 11/15/2014I went for dinner on Saturday with colleagues. We all have a huge steak which was really good and well cooked as requested. The place is also very close to a lot of good bars. To keep in mind for a nice weekend nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny SteakhouseCandyGirlVIPDined on 11/13/2014During the summer they put tables on the sidewalk for outdoor dining, but since its on Market Street, that can be a little busy. As for the food, the crab bisque is hearty enough to be a meal of it's own. We tried the daily specials which were herb crusted ribeye topped with spinach and tomato and lobster tail and shrimp over tomato risotto. As a side we went with the brussell sprouts with shallots, bacon tossed in apple cider vinegar (or so we were told). Wasn't too crazy about the beignets, they were over done and the dipping sauces were underwhelming. All in all, it was a good meal. Our server, Jessica was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak house.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Big steaks. Small steaks. Well cooked steaks. Good selection of steaks. You pay for what you get. If you want a steak, as I did on my birthday, you will probably have a good one here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedFoodie57VIPDined on 10/28/2014We go here a lot, it's one of our absolute favorite steakhouses. It was the first time one of our orders was messed up. The steak was cooked incorrectly. It had the potential of changing our opinion of the restaurant but it didn't. The chef came out himself with a complementary appetizer for the inconvenience and apologized. It was amazing. Most places just apologize and bring out another one. This spot went above and beyond to rectify it. The only complaint of the evening was our waiter was not attentive at all. I would make it a point to make sure we didn't have him again. It was the first time we ever had poor service there though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too good to be true!IlovefoodkgDined on 10/11/2014It was our first time coming to Marmont Steakhouse and we will certainly be returning. Upon arriving the ambiance was nice and romantic, perfect for our date night. But the highlight was the AMAZING food we had!! The steak spring rolls are to die for and that is not an understatement! I could eat them all day long! I had the steak oscar and the crab and hollindase sauce was te perfect touch to my steak, which was cooked to perfection! My boyfriend had te 22 oz New York strip and he loved it! We shared a side of mashed potatoes and Mac n' cheese which were so delicious. Marmont did not dissapoint and I can't wait for the next occasion to return! So worth coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentAjohns2Dined on 10/4/2014Food was amazing and well worth the price. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/30/2014We went twice in one week, both on voucher and came away feeling .... Meh. Best part was the food, big portions, poor number of items on the menu and priced very high. Second night our waiter was dense, first night our waitress was above average. Hostess was very polite and accommodating. When buying vouchers for this place realize they will automatically charge a service charge and add gratuity themselves. They are very strict and specific with ALL terms on the voucher. We will not be buying more vouchers nor will we be going back. They allow smoking outside which ruined everything as non smokers.Special Features:
- Food is always great but..skinnygreedygalVIPDined on 9/28/2014We eat here quite often. The food is always great but they seem to always run out of something! that can range from bread to steaks! For some reason it's always one waiter who is running the show which turns a 1 hour dinner into 3 because he is all over the place. He tries to manage it all but on a busy night it's not a one person job. The food keeps is coming back! Great job chefs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small spaceexpectationsDined on 9/19/2014Not what I expected at all space was small. I felt like the table on each side of me was dinning with me. Very dark inside and food was just okay. I am glad I went fir restaurant week and not at regular price.Special Features:
- YesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014I enjoyed the food, great food selections for restaurant week, will be back.... Old city scenery great, mixed crowd!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again...yukesDined on 9/19/2014The staff was very courteous, but the food was mediocre and overpriced. The rib-eye steak we ordered was completely dry, and we could barely swallow it.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Everything was superb. Rib eye was cooked to perfection. The bread pudding was the very best I ever had!!!! Highly recommend
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 9/17/2014We had to wait over a hour to be seated. They ran out of stuff and there wasn't any substitutes. Felt like the server could care less about good customer service.Special Features:
- Food Good, Management.. ehJDBarksDined on 9/17/2014The ambiance was great, it's a nice energetic spot, without being too noisy. But waiting for an hour for a 7:30 reservation without much acknowledgement, put a damper on the evening. Once seated however, the service was good and the food pretty terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Outingblessed1Dined on 9/17/2014My family and I were out celebrating my husband's birthday. The food was great and our server, Melissa was excellent! We would definitely return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steak was Sensational!!SarahVIPDined on 9/16/2014It was our first time here and we really enjoyed this little spot! We sat outside, the food was sooooo good! One the best steaks in the city! Get the Brussels Sprouts their bangin!!! Drinks were good too! Deff will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is AwesomeTwinTDined on 9/16/2014I always make sure to visit Marmont during Restaurant Week. This year, I brought along 4 friends and we were all highly satisfied with our food. The selections available cannot be beat and the taste was delicious as usual. We chose to sit at the bar and unfortunately, the bartender working on 9/16/14 was not professional at all. He had an extremely smart mouth, took so long to provide an additional set of silverware that I just took one from another table, and sent my to go bag home with my girlfriend and hers to me. Other than the bartender, the outing was pleasant.Special Features:
- so good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Their crab soup is delicious and so were the cheesesteak spring rolls and calamari. I was so full from lunch that I couldn't eat all my dinner. but I took it home and finished it the next day. The steak was just as juicy and perfect after heating it up as it was when I had a few bites at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never go backnikkirDined on 9/16/2014Food made me deathly ill. Will never return! Service was so so. Wish I'd never gone there! Will stick 2 Ruth Chris from now onSpecial Features:
- Bad serverdar3188Dined on 9/15/2014Our server was one of the slowest I have ever had at any restaurant. We were 1 of maybe 6 tables in the restaurant and it took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes to get in and out.Special Features:
- So-soMrow39Dined on 9/15/2014Our server was nice and attentive, even though she was 8 months pregnant and likely did not want to be on her feet all night. For the restaurant week prices it was worth it but at full price it would be a stretch. They did give full portions and 4 courses for Restsurant week though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceCityfoodieDined on 9/14/2014Emily our server was amazing. She was attentive and patient and always checked up on us. She was the best!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad chefsteakloverDined on 9/13/2014I ordered a ribeye and my bf ordered the porterhouse. We both ordered the steaks medium. Mine came out well and my bf's was half medium half well. I sent mine back and it came out medium rare. For a steakhouse I would not order steaks from here again.
- Unexpectedly awsome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This was my first time eating at Marmont Steakhouse amd I absolutely loved it. Everything was wonderful and I would definitely recommend this place to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okjustokDined on 9/12/2014i love Olde City so i was more than willing to try another eatery. Although our waitress was sweet, she took ahile bringing us our steak sauce and veggie sides. Also, why wouldnt there be sides of veggies with mashed potatoes and a 12oz steak? the first course items werent very good choiceses, and nexSpecial Features:
- Great FindlawdabDined on 9/12/2014My 2 sons and I had dinner there last night with the prie fix menu for restaurant week and everything was delicious. The service was great too. We all had steak and it cooked just like we ordered.Special Features:
- Great restaurant everytimeBecky269Dined on 9/10/2014I've been to Marmont a few times, many times for restaurant week. They have excellent food and service. The only "issue" is during restaurant week they are packed so it gets very loud. They are very prompt at seating and serving despite the busy crowd. I'm always happy and satisfied after eating at Marmont. Happily Left the waitress over 20% tip for great service. I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 out of 5 starsEricaDined on 9/9/2014Food was so so. Steaks were good. Service was pretty slow and I'm definitely one not to complain.
- AwesomeCheyDined on 9/9/2014I never write reviews but I couldn't hold back this time. Marmont was awesome!! The server was great despite being pregnant(although I felt she was doing to much running around for a pregnant woman) she held down half of the place with ease. The food was phenomenal. I got the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. I will definitely be returning and I have been recommending it to others since I left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant Week ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/9/2014We decided to try this restaurant and we were pleased with the food. Steaks, apps, soups and desserts were all good. Not one of the top steaks in the city but good for the price. The service started out good but then got really slow and awkward as the restaurant got crowded.
- Not a good steakLeannaUCFDined on 8/23/2014It really was a bad steak and I'm not a big complainer, honestly. It was just very charred on the outside and still mooing on the inside. My husband made a better rib eye at home last night, and it only cost us $23.00 for two steaks at the supermarket, not $45.00 for one steak that was charred.
- DIAMOND IN THE ROUGHJillSDined on 8/18/2014WE HAD A VERY ENJOYABLE DINNER AT MARMONT. THEY ALMOST TURNED US AWAY TRYING TO ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS ON THE FRONT WALK ADVERTISING THE MENU - BUT I DID NOTICE IT WORKED FOR A COUPLE OF OTHER PARTIES - SO I GUESS THE POSITIVES OUTWEIGH THE NEGATIVES. THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AND OUR SERVER WAS VERY PERSONABLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 466 reviews are from the Marmont Steakhouse reviews archive.
- don't miss out on Marmontjsg36007Dined on 7/12/2014Great steakhouse! Very quick to get seated and great wait staff. For the appetizer menu I would recommend the steak spring rolls with spicy ketchup. You will also enjoy the bread that comes out to your table, the garlic butter is a real treat that goes with. Next for the entrée, I would recommend the new York strip sirloin. Marmont also make there own gourmet steak sauces, so don't count on A-1 sauce being on the table. Instead try Marmont's own Au poivre steak sauce. It has a little spicy flavor but really brings out the taste of the steak and is a winner. For dessert, I recommend the daily cheesecake or the bananas foster. Overall a great place to dine and enjoy on any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great price for a steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Small, quaint, and reasonably priced for steak and seafood. Fantastic raspberry cosmos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a bargain, even with a couponTheKitchenCynicDined on 7/10/2014An entirely mediocre experience, with uninspired food in a tired atmosphere amid worn furniture. No wonder the place is trying to draw diners with half-off coupons. In my view, it's still not worth it.
- Still my favoriteFoodieDined on 6/28/2014Food was great as usual, loved the specials. Waitress brought my husband a filet instead of rib eye... But all was good. Hubby lived the different beer they have. Wine goo as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlyersFanDined on 6/28/2014We were staying at the Wyndham in Olde City to attend a concert across the river in NJ. We wanted to find a place within walking distance of the hotel. This fit the bill and the food was excellent with many wine and spirits choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every single bite!MaxieDined on 6/21/2014Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious - house salad, filet, frites, asparagus... the bread was also excellent, as was the white sangria. The service was fabulous. The only downside to this restaurant is that we could tell it's a late-night destination... the floors and windows looked a bit rough (hence the four stars). Overall, though, I highly recommend Marmont Steakhouse. You will not be disappointed.Special Features: