820 River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marmaris-cafe.com/
- Phone: 2019439090x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
A word from Marmaris Cafe
Marmaris Cafe, nestled in the heart of Edgewater, serves authentic Turkish cuisine unequaled in the New York City/North Jersey area. Owner Hakan Ozcillingir has assembled an accomplished Turkish kitchen team and created a menu blended with Turkish classics and American favorites, all prepared with the freshest and highest quality ingredients. He calls it, "Real Turkish food with a twist." While enjoying Shish Kabob, Lamb Chops, and Sac Tava, customers become enchanted with the beautifully adorned interior, which evokes Turkish culture and creates a warm and intimate vibe. Your dining experience is only complete after you've tasted our freshly baked Pistachio or Walnut Baklava. We hope you'll join us for a true Turkish dining experience soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marmaris Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- merriamDined on 7/26/2014Pretty decor and pleasant ambience with spacious tables and comfy seating. Friendly, efficient service. Quality food at reasonable prices. Everyone in my party of four was very pleased, and I got to try quite a few items. Lahmacun and baklava were very good, though I've had better. Everything else was excellent, especially the manti. Parking and BYOB are big plusses. Look forward to going back.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Marmaris Cafe reviews archive.
- WE WILL Be Back!!jcsunVIPDined on 4/19/2014Came here tonight for dinner for the first time after some friends recommended and after reading reviews online. So glad we did. My husband and I love Turkish food (we were in Istanbul for our honeymoon) and were so pleased to find this gem. Food is delicious, homemade tasting, and very reasonable prices. It's BYO so that brings the bill down as well. The service is friendly and pleasant, we did not wait for anything. We have been to Turkish places in Manhattan and feel that this is actually so much better. Don't expect anything fancy, although the decor is really beautiful but more like you're walking into a Turkish person's home. But it is clean and tasteful. The Turkish coffee is amazing and the pistachio baklava was excellent!!!Special Features:
- Turkish DelightbernardoDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of 4 with a reservationed that was honored on time. We were there on Sat- 4/12/2014. The server (Zuhal) had a great smile & was knowledgeable of the menu. Her quick & pleasant response made it easier for us as we need explanations on all the dishes. The food was fresh & prepared very well & also moderately priced. The atmosphere was very pleasant. We intend to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having already loved lunchihatenicknamesVIPDined on 4/12/2014Having already loved lunch and dinner there, we went for breakfast--especially for the special Turkish breakfast served . I like the classic breakfast with tomato salad, cucumbers, cheeses, olives, clottted cream w/honey, jams, and warm bread. AND. the best thing that other Turkish restuarants don't serve--strong, good American coffee! Other friends like the omelets better, especially menimen, eggs w/ peppers and served w/ breakfast meat. The assortment of boreks, Turkish "danishes", some filled w/ meat and/or cheese are good breakfast choices. If you go for "brunch", you can combine items from the breakfast and the lunch menu. So, Marmaris is an all-day treat On a weekend, I wouldn't mind eating there more than once a day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are 5 things a restaurantihatenicknamesVIPDined on 3/22/2014There are 5 things a restaurant in our area must have to succeed: great food, good service, value, ambiance and parking. Marmaris has them all. I have not eaten in all the Turkish restaurants in the area, but in many of them and this is the best. The food is the freshest and made-to-order. Even the bread is warmed before being served. It has been decorated delightlfully; very cheerful and comfortable. Friends have said I must return for breakfast. Lunch and dinner on 2 tries were wonderful. Marmaris' manti is the best I've ever tasted, including in Istanbul. All the portions are generous and sharable. I loved the grated celery-root appetizer--delicious and different. I also love the choice between bulgur(my choice) and rice.Special Features:
- Relaxed atmosphere, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/25/2014Relaxed atmosphere, great ambiance, good food, service nice though not too fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.