Marmalade Cafe - Santa Barbara
3825 State St
Santa Barbara, CA 93105Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Marmalade Cafe - Santa Barbara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marmaladecafe.com/
- Phone: (805) 682-5246
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Romeo Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Marmalade Cafe - Santa Barbara
The design of Marmalade Cafe adorned with its antiques and artifacts collected from all over the United States is unique and manifests both the personal touch and vision of its owners creating a magnificent environment in which to dine. We take great pride in our restaurants and view them as a personal reflection of ourselves. Our concept is very simple. Customers enjoy dining in a spectacular environment matched with wonderful food and fully attentive service. When you visit us you will see that we have provided just that.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marmalade Cafe - Santa Barbara reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- FrankDined on 10/23/2014many food items ran out...no turkey bacons...and many more
- Standard fareShaeDined on 10/12/2014This trip didnt impress me. In the past, always a good experience. This visit, subpar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjennyGVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good food, great service but I find out to be very pricy especially considering you're eating at a strip mall.Special Features:
- What a great find for breakfastksb48VIPDined on 9/21/2014Marmalade Café was a nice fine on our way out of town from a weekend in Santa Barbara. The Bloody Mary was spicy and delicious. The eggs benedict came in several different options and the eggs were perfectly poached....a rarity. Everything was hot, fresh and wonderful....Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Marmalade Cafe - Santa Barbara reviews archive.
- average/decentRalphDined on 7/4/2014Average decent restaurant. Good time. Food reasonable, not gourmet, prices appropriate. good service. We go there about once a month. Consistently satisfactory--never a problem.
- Orange Marmalade tooCactuspalDined on 6/15/2014Went for brunch on Father's Day. Had reservation and recommend reserving. One can sit at the bar. A fair number of customers with servers who were kept busy. Server quick to take our order but was quite a delay in receiving corned beef hash and an omelet, from another helper. A good idea for delivery, but not sure of the hold up since we were ahead of the later groups. Food served hot and was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marmalade CafeYumyumVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great service and the food was okay. The server was very energetic and attentive to anything we needed. I ordered the grilled cheese and tomato soup. The tomato soup was eh, they did not blend the herbs enough or the tomato skins were kind of stringy. Something was stringy and getting in the way of the good experience. The grilled cheese was amazing, I added the bacon and tomato which I recommend. My girlfriend had the cobb salad which was really good. I only had a couple bites but she seemed to also really enjoy.Special Features:
- Good mealdiningsbDined on 5/28/2014four for dinner, we sat on the patio off the parking area, did not notice the car traffic. The service was good and friendly. The food was good and ample swerving. Good value for the meal, priced well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SbroadhogVIPDined on 5/18/2014Nice outside dining for Birthday Brunch celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunch with good companyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Here is an example of a helpful review: "I love atmosphere and dishes. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerHikerValVIPDined on 2/26/2014Enjoyed drinks and food at the bar. Bartender was welcoming, friendly, and accessible. We enjoyed this first time visit to Marmelade Santa Barbara.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAlecDined on 2/21/2014Great place, good food, would definitely go again.
- The best server in Santa BarbaraDragonslayerDined on 2/21/2014We were warmly greeted by our waitress/server named " Natice" She was Angelic and Efficient all at the same time. After she told us that she was from Kuai, everything clicked. Our food was hot and delicious. Her suggestion to try the Pot Roast was also right on the money. The restaurant is overall one of the best I've been to in 46 years of residing in the S.B./Goleta area. If you choose Saturdays to enjoy a delicious, well prepared dinner, then your dining experience will be enhanced by requesting "Natice" as your attentive serverSpecial Features:
- poor servicesueyDined on 2/14/2014Had been to Marmalade in past and enjoyed the food. However didn't return due to poor service Thought we'd give it another try. Unfortunately, the service was dismal, just pathetic. Sadly we will not be returning.
- Third Visit at MarmaladeelaineVIPDined on 1/11/2014This was our third visit at Marmalade and each time the food and service has been great! Particularly like the BBQ Chicken salad!Special Features:
- Saturday dragCzarMeVIPDined on 11/23/2013What a difference a location makes. This Marmalade Cafe - Santa Barbara was a horrible start to a weekend trip to SB. Service was...well what service. We barely saw our server. She barely showed her face to the table let alone actually serviced our meal. This is how much she didn't want to service the table...we were trying to pay but because she could not be found. We waited an additional 10 minutes for this process to complete. We had the check booklet sticking out from the table. She approaches to grab the book and says "do you need change??" She assumed we we'd pay cash and that is why she disappeared!? Wow! Horrible!Special Features:
- Great FoodelaineVIPDined on 10/4/2013We had been to Marmalade before and really enjoyed it so were delighted when I got an email offering me a 2-for-1 coupon for my birthday. We went last Friday night and had their Prime Rib special. REALLY good. Only thing I wish and that the meal included a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible servicerienmeVIPDined on 9/22/2013Food is always consistent as is the friendly, helpful staff, from the managers to the bussers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay for a strip mallMikeyDVIPDined on 7/4/2013The fish and chips was pretty good bar the tasteless coleslaw. The lamb burger was way over done.
- Sadistic Starvation for BreakfastMoodyVIPDined on 6/29/2013We get to Marmalade, and the hostess doesn't even ask if we had a reservation, granted there was ample seating, but by courtesy she should have at least asked. We get seated, and order our food, and drinks, the latter gets there momentarily, the food, however, took what seemed like our entire morning, waiting, and waiting, and... it must have been at least half an hour until we were finally served our first breakfast dish. We ordered the pancakes as a desert, and the waitress said she had just put the order in, and it will only take about a couple minutes. 10-15 minutes later was finally when we got served our second course. The ambience is fine, the food is barely decent (ihop, dennys rank but twice the price), and the service is TERRIBLE!
- Last visit to Marmalade CafebiyahDined on 5/25/2013My Lobster dinner was good. Wasn't crazy about the location of our table. The service was just average. Server didn't listen to our requests very well. I might go back for the Lobster meal again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marmalade is MarvelousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013I've never had a bad experience at the Marmalade Cafe in Santa Barbara!We had a Baby shower for my Sister at the Marmalade Cafe in the Event room or Banquet room. The set-up was beautiful and so clean! The menu that Warren Butler put together for us was excellent. The food was great as usual and the service we received from everyone was absolutely amazing. They do everything for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013Our food was very good and our waitstaff pleasant. I was a little disappointed that there was no acknowledgement of our daughter's 23rd birthday, as she is currently wheelchair-bound and I'd mentioned the birthday in advance when making the reservation online, as well as when we checked in. She hadn't been out since she was hit by a car (vehicle vs. pedestrian,) and I think that management should have let us know that the establishment doesn't do anything for guests' birthdays. We would have made arrangements for a special dessert. We're not looking for freebies, we just wanted our daughter to have a little pampering on her special day. We didn't eat outdoors, but the al fresco setup looked nice.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.CinCTVIPDined on 1/16/2013Very good food and service. Three of us had dinner here on Jan 16, 2013, starting at 5:30pm. I ordered mushroom soup, salmon and tiramisu from the "early bird" menu, and all were delicious and beautifully presented. Bottles of wine are half price on Wednesdays, but the Qupe I selected from the three syrahs on the wine list was not available. The Consilience was listed on the menu as a Sonoma County product, but the wine label said Sant Barbara County. I have been to Marmalade perhaps 10 times over recent years and will not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- My boneless short ribs dishscribbleDined on 12/31/2012My boneless short ribs dish was overly salty. My husbands chicken pot pie was un-appetizingly dry. The manager offered to put some more gravy on his dish, but that didn't help noticeably. Although the service was attentive, courteous, and prompt. Would recommend witgh some hesitation. This is not haute cuisine.Special Features:
- Great place for a family dinner007checkPleaseDined on 12/30/2012We really enjoyed this restaurant. Good food and fair prices. Recommend!Special Features:
- A Place for a Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012The dinner menu had lots of options, including a range of interesting items to comfort food. The atmosphere was very friendly, comfortable and adequately casual without losing a sense of being a special evening. In particular, the service was outstanding (responsive, attentive and timely).Special Features:
- Our son visiting from LasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Our son visiting from Las Vegas and thought the food was great and the service was too.Special Features:
- Great service. We made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2012Great service. We made reservations for a birthday lunch for five, celebrating the 81st birthday of my uncle. Two of our party including my uncle showed up an hour late (he was taking his DMV test), so we ate in shifts over a period of about 3 hours, sitting outside on the patio. Our server was very attentive throughout. She brought my uncle a nice birthday ice cream sunday with a candle and took pictures for us. Food was very good.Special Features:
- We were seated earlier thanConnieVIPDined on 9/3/2012We were seated earlier than our reservation and were grateful for that. The server was terrific, but there must have been a problem in the kitchen as our food was very delayed, and it was just breakfast food. The server and host apologized. Dining outdoors was a treat, though.Special Features:
- Made a reservation for a 6OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2012Made a reservation for a 6 woman birthday gathering and the out door patio was perfect. Quiet enough to chat, the food was very good with a lot of variety and reasonably priced. The wait staff was professional and friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Enjoyable dinner with family and friends. Surf and turf great. Service good.Special Features:
- I had a reservation for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012I had a reservation for 7 for our department at work. We were very tight on time, so I decided to have everyone leave early for our lunch arrival. I had the advantage to call in our orders at 10AM and I was greeting warmly to that idea. Needless to say we had our meal shortly after we sat down and had 30 min to chat and travel back to the office.Special Features:
- Good brunch; careful ordering eggsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012Service was somewhat slow- but was Father's day, so not too bad, but time between ordering and food arrival was noticeably long. Possibly led to food standing for a time before table delivery as the plates themselves were incredibly hot. Most of the food was good; perfectly cooked filet mignon, good hollandaise on salmon Benedict, but do not recommend ordering eggs-over-easy. Had to return two attempts after finding the whites of the eggs severly undercooked once the cooked surface pierced; yolk fine, but whites completely runny -difficult to understand how eggs could have been flipped given how under-set the whites had to have been to end up on the plate in that state. Ended up asking for scrambled. Waitress was a champ throughout.Special Features:
- Have only experienced breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Have only experienced breakfast and it was absolutely delicious and the service at Marmalade is excellent. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to eat. Looking forward to having lunch and dinner there.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Everything was excellent! Excellent service, excellent food, excellent place! I would visit again!
- our lobster stew had a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012our lobster stew had a nice sauce, although very rich, but the lobster and shrimp were so tough you couldn't eat it. For a one night special, the cook should have done alot better. The appetizer (artichoke) wasn't nearly as good as at Stella Mare's- the sauce dull and boring.Special Features:
- We went for the Saturday specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012We went for the Saturday special and it was sold out. Second time we went for the special. Both times they were out.
- Our family had a very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Our family had a very enjoyable lunch for Mother's Day, We loved the food and the service was great.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012Probably would have given a better review, if the wait staff had been more knowledgeable about what items on the menu were still in house. My wife ordered the Fried Chicken, and wasn't told for another ten or fifteen minutes that there was none. She then order the Shrimp Scampi but the shrimp tasted so fishy that she couldn't eat it. After informing the manager on duty, we were told that the chef had personally tried it and didn't think there was anything wrong. For future reference, it's never a good idea to basically tell your customers that they shouldn't trust their own taste buds. On the bright side the ambience is wonderful, and it's very quiet.Special Features: