106 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marlysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6109337471
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 200pm; Dinner: Monday, Wed- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Favacchia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Marly's offers small off-site catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private lunch events up to 50, and a private room for rehearsal dinners or larger parties up to 20. Call for more details and pricing
- Private Party Contact: Samantha or Anne 6109337471
A word from Marly's
Best described as American Continental, the menu ranges from twists on traditional favorites, to innovative combinations that you won’t find elsewhere. Chef Favacchia strives to carefully layer each dish with flavors that make you want to savor every bite, and generous portions that won’t leave you hungry. Every dish is prepared to order, and we can accommodate almost any dietary restriction. Chef Favacchia changes the menu frequently to reflect the season & highlight new ingredients. Featuring the work of local artist Siobhan Bedford, the dining room is warm and vibrant, and the outdoor dining tucked behind the restaurant is a relaxing way to enjoy a summer night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marly's reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (17)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- date nightrjw715Dined on 8/7/2014My boyfriend and I finally got around to going to Marley's on a recommendation from a friend and it was awesome. The food was excellent and so was the service. We will definitely be back! As a tip SIT OUTSIDE! The patio is adorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danddDined on 8/1/2014Great food, great service, good prices but way too noisy! Sitting outside is the place to enjoy the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing ground to the ChainsKnottyGuyDined on 7/22/2014Marly's is a quality restaurant at the end of a string of mediocre and chain establishments. Their competition for customers is tough but their fighting the right way: great food! I had the scallops and they were fantastic! For dessert, the chocolate peanut butter bread pudding is worth the trip. Great service. BYOB too? Can't wait to get back to Marly's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Backyard diningfood4funDined on 7/19/2014Inside at Marly's on a Saturday evening is quite busy and noisy. However, dining in the backyard is wonderful. The menu offers a large selection of meat and seafood items. Food was well prepared and presentation was well done. All members of our party had an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Outdoor Dining in PhoenixvilleMichaelDined on 7/19/2014I don't think a lot of people know about Marly's outdoor seating area. Most of Phoenixville's outdoor seating is on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant, but Marly's has a beautiful garden-like area behind the restaurant. It's really nice. Combine it with awesome food and service, and you have a great summer dining experience. Highly recommend it...Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed Marly's.JosephDined on 7/12/2014This was last Sat evening and our 1st time at Marly's. The food was very good and our server was friendly and helpful understanding the items on the menu. We all agreed that we will definitely come back to Marly's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in PheonixvilleLarryRVIPDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I had dinner the other night and were disappointed as it was not as good as we remembered. I had the Grilled Romaine Salad which was really cooked perfect and a nice amount of Goat Cheese but it was over powered with Balsamic Vinegar (and not a high quality one). My wife had the Caesar Salad and she enjoyed hers. I had the Crab Cake which was good but not great. My wife had the Five Spice Duck which the waitress said would come out Medium rare and wanted to make sure that was OK and my wife said perfect because that's the way she wanted it. Unfortunately that is not how it came out. It was over cooked but she said the flavor was there just overdone. We will go back to give it one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for a special dinnerBarbVIPDined on 7/1/2014We went to celebrate our 24th anniversary and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. I had the shrimp over grits. My husband had the diver scallops. Both dishes tasted wonderful. We also had the goat cheese/chorizo croquettes which were rich and full of flavor; the flavor just wasn't my thing. I thought the prices were fine for a wonderful meal on a special occasion. We went on a Tuesday evening and were seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!JenniferVIPDined on 6/24/2014Food was fantastic! We had the salmon and the hangar steak. So delicious and love that this is a BYO. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I took my husband there for Father's Day dinner. We love trying new food and cook a lot at home so are hard to please. We ordered the Goat Cheese and Sausage Croquet's as an appetizer. They were very good, a lot lighter than I thought they would be which I happy with since I didn't want to feel full going into dinner. My husband ordered the Parmigiana Shrimp Pasta. Shrimp were cooked perfectly and the sauce was amazing. He wanted to drink it off the plate... wish there was bread to soak it up. I had the Seared Diver Scallops with Risotto. I love Risotto! This one was summery with cranberry in it but not sweet at all. Very good! Our friends recommended the filet and everytime we saw it walk by with a waitress it looked great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Not wowed by anything. Nothing notable. Did not get an appetizer or dessert although we wanted one because there was literally nothing that even tempted either of us. Entrees were good but not memorable.
- Nice find!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014The menu is extensive, went on a Friday night, no chef specials, that was a little disappointing. Appetizers not as warm as I would have preferred but delicious! Dinner was excellent, I had the Pan Seared Diver Scallops with a risotto that was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!SarinaVIPDined on 5/30/2014Love this place it is very consistent and great food and fun!Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Marly's reviews archive.
- Great food, so-so atmostphereSonofMillieDined on 5/17/2014Our second foray to Marly's encountered creative and well prepared food -- mushroom-stuffed gnocchi and seared scallops -- with right sized helpings and tasty salads with the right amount of dressing and not so big that it crowds out the meal. The service left a lot to be desired; we really felt like an afterthought. Maybe they didn't have enough staff. Then we were seated in a small room close enough to a boisterous party of six -- and don't they always have one or two people who have to broadcast their recent awesome life experiences to the entire room? -- that pretty well distracted us and drowned out our conversation. So much for a romantic dinner for two. It's not a place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DavidFVIPDined on 5/16/2014good not great... byob a + will be back again comparable to black labSpecial Features:
- nice atmosphereTR00Dined on 5/13/2014The room near the entrance was nice-it was quiet - even though we were close to the streetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We had not been there in a long time. The food was delicious and great variety for all in our group. Great parings for the entrees. Food came out very quickly and service was good. Atmosphere was cozy and lively.Special Features:
- Excelkent food & serviceJCinPAVIPDined on 4/22/2014I highly recommend the goat cheese & chorizo croquette appetizer.Special Features:
- Nice place but nothing entirelykingstonDined on 4/12/2014Nice place but nothing entirely special about it. The service was attentive and cheery. The menu is interesting and eclectic, but it reads better than the actual execution. We all liked our entrees, but none of us raved about anything. So overall, an OK dining experience but the food did not deliver on a level that had us wanting to come back again as soon as possible.
- Delicious!KristinDined on 4/12/2014Our dinner was amazing! The seared scallops with cranberry risotto melted in your mouth. The "cheesesteak" (Filet with blue cheese) was delicious. We shared a special shrimp appetizer, which may have been one of the best apps we've ever tasted. Siting outside in the garden patio only added to the experience. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a special place!DragonDrRDined on 4/12/2014Marly's is the ultimate spot in Phoenixville for the perfect blend of comfort and foodie-heaven. The staff is warm, welcoming and clearly tight-knit. The food was fresh and exciting. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodVictoriaDined on 4/9/2014We both had seafood dishes and they were very well done. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Happy with our choice !Luv2gooutDined on 3/29/2014The staff was friendly and attentive from the moment we arrived. Our reservations were honored. The choice of food and quality was good. Nice atmosphere. I would defiantly go back. Highly recommend the peanut butter chocolate bread pudding for desert!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overall was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Food overall was very good. Three of us had the steak which was a little over done. With that said - I would retrun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodBillDined on 3/28/2014Had the good luck to dine at Marly's 2 times in one week!! Cannot say a bad word about the food or service. ( even the helper, Donny was attentive and very respectful!) the fish specials are always perfectly cooked. Love the shrimp and grits!! Cannot comment on desert because the portions are generous enough to fill you up ( and you want to lick your plate!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Great BYOB in PhoenixvillefoodieDined on 3/22/2014Great dining at Marlys! We had a date night there last Sat night and were not dissappointed. Notable was the crab wontons, grilled salad, Salmon in coconut sauce and Cheesesteak Filet Mignon. We brought a great red wine from Guardian and had a wonderful evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quaint Little JewelLauschclanDined on 3/7/2014We purchased a special deal coupon for Marly's more than six months ago and almost forgot about it. After the harsh winter and being stuck inside for so long, we really felt like a drive and dinner out and remembered our certificate for Marly's. What a pleasant surprise. The staff is so welcoming and friendly. The food is awesome. The portions are just right. It was a lovely evening out and we definitely will look forward to going again.Special Features:
- We love Marly'sKrisuDined on 2/21/2014We eat at Marly's whenever we get the chance. The food is always excellent and the service is wonderful. They always have the most pleasant servers and the atmosphere is just great. If you haven't been to Marly's you should definitely give it a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best ValentinesLizBDined on 2/14/2014We are repeat customers and have always been impressed with Marley's - Also love it because it is a BYO. Their food significantly decreased since the last time we were there (summer). Overall, this was a disappointment. Food seemed pre-prepared and came out cold.
- Excellent experiencecatlvrVIPDined on 2/8/2014The food was delicious and the service couldn't have been better. This was our first visit, and it's worth the trek out to Phoenixville from southern Chester County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but not blown awayanniebananie30Dined on 1/18/2014This is our third time at Marly's... previously we have eaten in the outside patio, which I would recommend when it's warmer out. This time we dined indoors. We had to wait for our table, but we were a little late for our reservation and this is a BYO so it was kind of expected. Our server was pleasant and attentive. The only issue was that none of us were blown away by our dishes. 2 people got the short ribs, I got the salmon and another person got scallops. While nothing was wrong with the food, it wasn't as flavorful as we would have liked. I would give the food a mediocre rating. The short ribs were fatty with little meat (plus there was a bone in it, and we prefer when there is no bone). Again, not terrible, but not wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner spot4x15mphDined on 12/30/2013We have been here several times and the food is excellent. The tables and setup are perfect and this is an all around perfect spot. BYOB helps add to the experience. Service was not the best on this most recent occasion since there was 1 person working our entire room. The menu is average $$$ so I would expect the restaurant to have more help given the number of guests/reservations. Although I am commenting on the service, this tends not to be an issue from my standpoint since we are never really in a rush. This is just an observation as I noted in another review/restaurant since this is one of the rating categories. We will continue to go back to this choice place and it will always rank up there as one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's night outJoAnnebattDined on 12/17/2013We went there to celebrate a Girl's Christmas night out together. Everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone down hillYld2robDined on 11/16/2013I have been to this restaurant several times. It seems that this place is failing. We went in and waited 30 minutes before we were seated. The food is not bad but not great. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say 6.5. or 7. The dinner took about twenty minutes to come out. Can you believe after all that, nothing was offered "like let me take the apps off your bill sorry for your wait". We will not return. It is sad because when this place first opened everything was so good.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceKimeekoDined on 11/16/2013My husband and I met with another couple to experience Marly's and were quite pleased. The flavors of the food were wonderful and the ambience allowed conversation without expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steam pipeSteampipeDined on 10/19/2013Server recommended the pork chop. About the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentJamesKVIPDined on 10/12/2013Marly's seasonal menu is always excellently crafted which coupled with terrific service never leaves me disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Anniversary RestaurantMikeDined on 10/11/2013This is our second anniversary dinner at Marley's. It's now or favorite restaurant for or anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very noisyAvocado247VIPDined on 9/28/2013Food was very tasty and reasonably priced. We sat in a small offshoot room and the acoustics were awful...nothing to absorb the sound of the loud tables around us. My mother and I often had to repeat ourselves in order to hear each other. Suggestion: put up some tapestries or something to absorb the sound! Otherwise, great place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always, deliciousnancyoxVIPDined on 9/21/2013for some reason, we always forget about Marly's; i don't know why because the food is consistently excellent. as usual, our meal there this past saturday was great. from the apps to entrees, everything was delicious. we were too full for dessert, but i imagine if the rest of the meal was any indication of how good the dessert was it, too, would have been a winner. i highly recommend Marly's and i will be sure to include it in our repertoire of repeat restaurants in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.