501 16th St
Denver, CO 80202-4208Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marlowesdenver.com/
- Phone: 3035953700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday 9:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Uffelmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Marlowe's does off-site events! Just contact us either by phone or email and we will discuss your events' needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Marlowe’s is an up-scale historic saloon and chophouse with ample resources to help you host your next private or semi-private event. We have experience with many types of events from
wedding receptions and after-work happy hours to 200+ person buy-outs. We have
brought in ice carvings, photo booths, ornate floral arrangements, carving stations
and many other specialty items to help spice up your average party. Our specially
trained staff looks forward to offering you the high level of service that you require.
Please keep Marlowe's in mind for all your entertaining needs.
- Private Party Contact: Lynette Fry 3035953700
- Special Events: Check our Facebook page and website often for information on upcoming parties and events. We also use SMS and email for offers and specials.
To join SMS: text "marlowes" to 466622
To join our email list: send an email to email@example.com and ask to be added!
- Cross Street: Glenarm
- Public Transit: The free shuttle on the 16th Street Mall makes getting to Marlowe's very easy from all RTD and light rail stops downtown.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Being located on the 16th Street Mall, parking is available at the street parking meters and several outdoor pay lots. The closest lots are available 1 block away at 15th and Glenarm or across the street at the Denver Pavilions
A word from Marlowe's
Marlowe’s Historic Saloon and Chophouse opened in 1982. Marlowe's remains one of Denver's most popular gathering spots for lunch, dinner or after work. We pride ourselves on being locally owned and operated and feel a commitment to our community and a responsibility to create a pleasant environment for all of our guests and wonderful staff. Marlowe's has worked diligently to provide quality service, food and beverages at reasonable prices. Our wonderful staff will guide you through your experience with wine selections, recommendations and answers to all of your questions. At Marlowe's we empower each member of our staff to do anything possible to ensure your happiness!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marlowe's reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (14)special occasion (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)scenic view (7)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Lots of noise; mediocre foodlove2eatDined on 7/15/2014I dined here on a Tuesday night and did not expect to see a packed (and LOUD) restaurant. We had reservations and were seated promptly but it was very difficult to carry on a conversation with all the noise. We could not hear each other from across the table! The service was slow but our waitress was friendly and eager to please. The food was mediocre at best. I ordered one of the specials, crispy eggplant parmesan, but there was nothing crispy about it. The soggy eggplant was coated with a thick layer of breading--thicker than the eggplant itself--and the entire dish had way too much sauce and cheese making some bites too salty. It was served with overcooked fusilli, which seemed like an odd pasta for this dish.Special Features:
- Yummy and Fun Atmosphere!BABSDined on 6/22/2014Delicious food and great service! We ate on the patio during Gay Pride weekend - that was fun and exciting to watch vibrant folks walk by! Fun to eat off of the 16th St. Mall! Went to Stevie Winwood concert afterwards - always a great spot to eat before going to the Paramount Theatre! Have been going to Marlowe's for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I remembered...RTFFDined on 6/14/2014... The bar was slow in getting the $10 drinks to our table which is a pet peeve. The food was good, but nothing was "knock your socks off".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Food was not cooked the way it was ordered, out of lobster tail and was not informed till entire table got their food, service was very slow and server did not have a good attitude and seemed to not care when things were wrong.Special Features:
- Great for dinner before ParamountSaladLoverDined on 6/1/2014Even though there is limited outdoor seating, creative windows and doors help you feel like you are outside even if you aren't. Great food and drinks and a perfect mix before shows at the Paramount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marlowe'sEdzoocatorDined on 5/31/2014A group of 5 went there for my birthday dinner. The food was excellent - the specials were very interesting food pairings. I received a free dessert as it was my birthday, and as a group we were all pleased with the food and service. As mentioned by others, the noise level is not conducive to quiet conversation, but on a Saturday night in Denver, it's a given pretty much everywhere you go. The noise level is the only drawback for this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentRegularDined on 5/12/2014Seating was fast and efficient. Ambiance has a great vibrant downtown feel. Food was very good. Menu is not very expansive, but typical for a downtown pub like venue. Have visited before and find it to be very consistentSpecial Features:
- Great BrunchlavirdenDined on 5/11/2014We went to Marlowe's for Mother's Day brunch. It was a nice crowd, great service, loved the selection of food. $9 bottomless mimosas and a build your own bloody bar were available too!Special Features:
- Great Food - Bustling AtmoshpereNaterDined on 4/28/2014The food was excellent, our server was fantastic, and the restaurant was extremely busy - all great signs for a successful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch So-SoDenverEats68VIPDined on 4/20/2014We have dined at Marlows many times and were very excited when we found out there was an Easter Brunch. The normally great service was sub-par. Food was mediocre at best. The two items that were good, the Creme Brulee French Toast and the Crab Cakes, they were almost always out of. Not what we would've expected from Marlows or for $24/person. We will go back to Marlows, just not for their brunch.Special Features:
- Visiting from out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2014Visiting from out of town and Marlowe's was just around the corner from our hotel. The patio "people-watching" is the best - right on the 16th Street Mall. We ordered appetizers instead of meals and the spinach dip with added crab was so good, we ordered it as an appetizer and dessert! My husband had the caesar salad with pulled turkey - interesting combo, but he loved it. Lots of fun, great service and a pleasant end to our tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outCLC127Dined on 4/12/2014We dined early before an 8:00 show at the Paramount. We had a seat near the open windows so had a great view if all the people in the street. We even had free entertainment from street performers outside. The service was great and we all enjoyed our meals. The food was better than I expected, everything was delicious. Would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. We hadparrotheadDined on 4/4/2014The food was great. We had a reservation and had to wait for our table for about 20 minutes. Then they sat us upstairs at the bar and the service was terrible. It took almost 30 minutes for us to have our order taken and the table next to us had to leave before their dinner came because they had a show to go to. I felt really bad for them as it was someones birthday. I don't think they were expecting to be so busy and I don't think it is normal seating for dinner in the bar upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The kitchen service was sohorribleDined on 4/4/2014The kitchen service was so bad we had to cancel our entrees. We waited over an hour for the entrees and they never came.
- The following 115 reviews are from the Marlowe's reviews archive.
- The ever-changing seasonalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014The ever-changing seasonal menu is a treat and the specials of the day make you hard pressed to make a decision, I want to try them all! The service is great, friendly, knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great location and excellent servicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014We went to a concert at the Paramount Theatre next door, and because of time we wanted to dine close to the theatre. We had a great meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service, Mediocre FoodPlattParkBanditDined on 3/17/2014I was a little bit surprised that the service was so painfully slow for a lunch, when the restaurant did not appear to be incredibly busy. It took 20+ minutes to receive our lunches -- not great when you have to get back to work. Then the food was fine -- nothing was bad, but nothing was outstanding, either. I would not go rushing back to Marlowe's.
- longtime no fooddiapointedDined on 3/8/2014We had tickets to a show @ 8:00 so we figured a dinner reservation for 6:30 would give us plenty of time. We were wrong. Drinks took 15 minutes,apps came in another 20 mins., salads 20 mins after that? Next we had to leave just as our steaks were arriving one hour and 20 minutes after we sat down at 6:30. Sorry Marlow's, we know it was busy but we we're not your first rodeo so no excuses, we've had great experiences in the past on a show night.Special Features:
- Always funjaniceogVIPDined on 3/8/2014What we like most about Marlowe's is its ambience and location on the 16th Street Mall, right next to the Paramount Theater. The food is reliably good, the service friendly. It is our favorite place for dinner before a show at the Paramount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, waitress wasKdanhen7Dined on 3/7/2014Food was great, waitress was awesome prompt, and friendlySpecial Features:
- I requested a window tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014I requested a window table for my group of friends prior to a concert at The Paramount and was given (I think) the best table in the house. We had a great view of the mall with the snow falling. The service was very good (for as busy as it was!!) and things moved along nicely. All enjoyed their meals (especially the buffalo meatloaf) and experience. I got quite a few "thank-you" texts the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guys-Night-Out before the AvalancheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014The restaurant was in a very good location (16th Street and five minutes to the light rail). My friend and I had seafood plates (halibut and salmon) which were very good. This coupled with outstanding service and server interaction really set the place off. I will certainly bring my wife here in the near future. It was also my first tom using the Open Table application which worked like a charm. Our bill including 20% tip came to $80 and it was well worth it. PS... Saw the New York Strip at the next table and that's next for me :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. They broughtGeneDined on 2/23/2014Food was good. They brought our food before we had finished our salads. I said something to the waiter and he ignored me and made no apologies for bringing the entre too soon. Disappointed in the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marlowe's was just okay. IOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014Marlowe's was just okay. I hadn't been there in years and the fare was nothing special. It wasn't bad by any stretch, it just wasn't remarkable really. Just okay.
- The food was great, came outfade85Dined on 2/22/2014The food was great, came out quickly and hot. The serve was pretty attentive, but to me seemed unprofessional because he was cussing. I just don't expect to hear some on talk like a sailor when I go to "nice" restaurant especially when there is a table that has kids at it. Maybe it was more of a sport bar, than I thought it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant Friday night.MooseDined on 2/22/2014Went on the first night of restaruant week. Some unexpected choices, most of which turned our to be quite pleasant. Appetizers of Wild game chili and the salad were great. Steak was very nicely seasoned and cooked as requested. Unfortunately, my wife didn't care for either of the dessert offerings, peanut butter tart or key lime tart. Overall, a good experience.
- good lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014I love that Marlowe's not only lets you make a reservation for lunch, but actually seats you at your reserved time. The food is consistently good (love the buffalo meatloaf and the gyro) and so is the service. My only complaint -- a small one -- is that the waitstaff always suggests adding a little something to your order that will result in an upcharge.Special Features:
- Good Casual Business Dinner SpotAldieDined on 2/18/2014I took some long time clients that were in town for a convention. It was great food, atmosphere, service at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not greatexpectingmoreDined on 2/15/2014I was expecting better food and better ambiance based on reviews I've read online. Service was less than ideal as well. Proximity to the Pavillions was nice though.
- waited an hour before we startedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014waited an hour before we started eating our main course, and it wasn't busy at allSpecial Features:
- Location, location, locationBatfanTrekkieDined on 2/14/2014Marlowe's is a very good restaurant in the middle of Denver's 16th Street Mall. This means you get a good meal a little on the pricey side, but it's a great way to end the day or begin a night on the town. Be sure to try some of their signature cocktails (I recommend the Blackberry Old Fashioned) and stick around for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marlowe's has a great reputationmtmanDined on 2/14/2014Marlowe's has a great reputation and been around for a long time. It's time though for them to invest in an update of the facility. Food was good and service was good.Special Features:
- Great place before The ParamountOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014Met a group of friends there before a Paramount show. Easy access via light rail or auto, good atmosphere, and good food/beer/wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niiiiiiiiiceGlenDined on 1/26/2014We liked Marlowe's service and food the noise level was a little high for our taste but we really enjoyed the view and everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bison BurgersEbbandFloDined on 1/18/2014We had just flown into town for the Broncos-Patriots game and wanted pub-fare food. Both of us had the Bison Burger and spiced fries (potato wedges) which hit the spot. Marlowe's is located on 16th street in heart of tourist center, so be prepared for a little crowd, so set up the reservation to be covered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.SteveDined on 1/3/2014Took my family here for my wife's birthday. Although it was a bit expensive, it was worth it. The service was exceptional and the food was very good. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho HumOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2013This was a pricey meal that required the waitress to hustle to get to us within fifteen minutes. The food was average, but it was expensive, and I would have anticipated better quality for the price. The restaurant appears to want to consider itself "campy chique" but it is an average downtown restaurant in Denver that apparently believes it's own press releases, or would like to. They will have to up their game substantially to live up to what they advertise however.
- Over the topDAPGADined on 12/13/2013We had our 39th anniversary there last year and it was exceptional. This year for our 40th we returned to celebrate it again. I asked for some special requests like table, flowers etc. They came through with more than anyone could possibly want. We got our table, flowers, and the most courteous attention from the manager to the server. Made it a life long memory for the two of us and you can bet we will be there for our 41st anniversary. DASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PitaScottDined on 12/11/2013The service was ok, the lamb pita could have been great, but I could barely find any lamb on the pita. If the portion size had been just a little bigger it would've been good. But there was literally only 3 bites of lamb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and great food...mollymhoonDined on 12/7/2013But not romantic! We decided to go to Marlowe's based on reviews that said it was a nice rantic spot. It was wonderful, but not romantic. I wouldn't pick this place for a nice dinner out again. I would, however bring friends here. It was a fun place and the food was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.