Marleys Island Grille
35 Office Park Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Marleys Island Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marleyshhi.com/
- Phone: 8436865800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Ice Cream Shop and Trading Company opens at 12:00 Noon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available! Call to discuss your needs with the Chef.
- Entertainment: We have a dog Friendly Patio and lots of great games for kids, families and anyone who wants to have a little fun with Dinner.
Giant Jenga, Ring Toss, Giant-Toss Tic-Tac-Toe.
Grab some of our Home Made scoop or a Soft Serve Ice Cream and enjoy the Patio even if not Dining.
A word from Marleys Island Grille
Another fine restaurant by SERG Group: Marleys Island Grille features a casual, yet sophisticated, upbeat, fun tropical environment. We are passionate about serving only the freshest wood-fired grilled seafood, steaks, succulent lobsters and much more. Our full service bar prepares the most refreshing, coolest libations, specializing in mojitos, margaritas, house made sangria and tropical drinks. Don"t forget to visit Marleys Homemade Ice Cream and Trading Company next door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Marleys Island Grille - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Marleys Island Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (84)good for groups (72)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (36)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (17)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Service was great food came out in a timely fashionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back at MarleysHHIfoodcriticDined on 10/19/2014We visited Marleys again and this time tried their Early Dining option. Prices were great and there were plenty of choices. The Flounder Imperial was delicious and certainly is not a dish that you would expect to find at Early Dining Prices. Fabulous Value. As an appetizer, we had the Goat cheese because it's my favorite. I was tempted to try something else because everything sounded so good, but i do Crave the Goat Cheese and so we went for that again. Yep, I'm already craving it again... They had some custom flavors in the Ice Cream Shop so we tried 2 of them. The Bonfire Ice Cream was amazing, as was the Spookies & Cream. We bought a quart of the Bonfire to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencelarchegDined on 10/17/2014Service was excellent! Food tasty and well prepared. It was nice to be addressed by name when arriving and the manager checked back with us at least twice during the meal to make sure that everything was to our liking. I would probably not use Marley's during the summer months as it would be very crowded and noisey with summer residents and tourists. But enjoyed the meal and the service was just great! I work in the food service business and really appreciate a server who knows her business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place but not great foodDianaPGHDined on 10/17/2014Loved the ambiance. Lots of parking. Seemed to be an older bar crowd. Definitely not where the young go. Food was Meh. I had a salad and it was drenched in dressing. My husband had the fish sandwich and said it was good. Good fries. My daughter had coconut shrimp and ribs. Did not like either. Actually sent the ribs back. Server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- StormalongVIPDined on 10/12/2014Been coming here for years, always great food, great service. One of our favourites and a must visit while on the island!!Special Features:
- Great Meal!coprocoDined on 10/11/2014We had the pleasure of dining at Marleys for dinner. Marleys was recently reacquired by a local restaurant group, Serg. It has come a long way thanks to Serg! The food was amazing...I enjoyed the Supa Dupa Groupa. They also looked like they had a good late night scene going. As I was leaving the bar was filling up. Outside was plenty to do for families. Be sure to stop by the ice cream shop for their homemade ice cream, the turtle is to die for. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitfoodieDined on 10/10/2014Wouldn't go back. Not up to other SERG standards. Service slow. Menus covered in salsa. Better options available for the price.Special Features:
- Very poorFuntimesDined on 10/3/2014There were four of us dinning. Everyone ordered a different meal. The food quality was poor with no flavor. Will NEVER go back.
- Better Than it LooksBillVIPDined on 10/2/2014An outdoor deck between the restaurant and an Ice Cream shop looked like a nice place for comfort food, but not expecting much more. We were surprised. I had mussels prepared with a Chorizo sauce that was excellent.Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 10/1/2014Had a drink at the-indoor bar with Tracy and Natalie. They made you feel right at home. Sat outside on a beautiful fall night and enjoyed the early dining menu. I had the baked flounder imperial and Rob was our server who took good care of us. We saveed room for dessert and had home made ice cream at the ice cream shop attached to the restaurant! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!gone2thedogsDined on 9/27/2014Fun place, really good food. HUGE menu with tons of choices... just wish I could have gone back a couple of times to try different menu items. Husband said Margarita was awesome.Special Features:
- Food and service excellentdgftwfDined on 9/26/2014From first entering the restaurant to finishing our meal the entire staff was very friendly. Our server, Jeff, was very knowledgeable of the menu and could make excellent recommendations. He was attentive, but not overly attentive. Manager stopped by to check on us too. Enjoyed our meal and atmosphere. Even played a game of Jenga outside on the patio when we finished eating. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Dinner was incredible! My daughters and I had a very memorable and tasty meal!Special Features:
- Suprised how good!IslandGirlDined on 9/21/2014Spicy (but not too) fresh food. Fish was wonderful. Fun cocktails! Really a nice change for hotel fare!Special Features:
- Not up to SERG standardsSCBadgerVIPDined on 9/20/2014While on HHI with friends we decided to try a new resturant - we had already visited four SERG restaurants. The server acted like she was doing us a favor to serve us. The food was nothing special and given the prices there are much better choices on the island. Since they apparently have recently returned to the SERG group maybe there is hope
- Fun restaurant barCDMcVIPDined on 9/19/2014Had a great evening here - good cocktails and reasonably priced food and our server - Joey - was excellent. Fun family restaurant.Special Features:
- Island theme RestaurantKathyDined on 9/18/2014Good food and fun atmosphere. My husband and I dine here every time on vacation at Hilton Head. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Marley'sBigHDined on 9/10/2014Our server was very attentive to our needs and checked back frequently to see how we were doing. Also made some very menu suggestions. Would return again.Special Features:
- Comfortable but priceyJoanjpsVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is a very nice, well decorated restaurant. But more alike a neighborhood restaurant, and on this note, the prices should be lowered accordingly. Too pricey for only 2 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and value!KateDined on 9/2/2014we had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back next year! their early dining menu is a great value for the price and the portions. this is a must go in hhi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favoritSuzhausDined on 9/1/2014Marley's is always a favorite every year ... Great family friendly restaurant... their grilled Caesar Salad and fish tacos are great!!!iSpecial Features:
- HH StapleNewportbummerVIPDined on 9/1/2014They always have good food and enough variety on the menu for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatHHIfoodcriticDined on 8/31/2014We just at at Marley's again. The patio was open for dinner seating and it was a beautiful evening so we opted for that. The service was friendly and fast, our server made great recommendations without being pushy. The Goat Cheese appetizer was amazing. We each had fish and it was so fresh and delicious (the supa dupa groupa is my favorite). A nice surprise was dessert, our server pointed out that they made their own ice cream. So we each had ice cream and coffee while we relaxed on the patio. I recommend Marleys to anyone who wants a unique dining experience, great food, great service, and.... Home made ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair ambianceFoodiesofViningsVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I visited twice over the Labor Day weekend, eating inside and outside. The food is really good. Felt like a Denny's inside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingExperiencedEaterVIPDined on 8/31/2014they have some very interesting things on the menu - and they are very good. You can do the standard beach town fare you if desire - but they also have some curry dishes and such that were very tasty.Special Features:
- A VERY nice outMcMarleysDined on 8/30/2014Had excellent steak, the Teriyaki streak and my wife had the fillet mignon with coffee butter. My wife is STILL talking about the coffee butter days later. Our waitress was very nice and explained the selections and raved about the fillet to my wife as well. Our experience was fantastic. We will make this a year stop when we visit Hilton Head.Special Features:
- Wonderful!luvhhiDined on 8/29/2014Never had a bad experience here since the SERG group took over. It's a place to go for sure. Great service! Delicious food! A casual fun dining experience for everyone. The menu has such a wide variety of choices. Can't go wrong here! Love it!Special Features:
- Good eveningLuv2eatDined on 8/28/2014We ate outside and enjoyed our meal. Only deterrent were these little black no-see-em bugs that were around our table sporadically. Our meals were quite good, esp. the house salad. The house dressing is fabulous, as is the complimentary bread they serve with the meals. My husband had a marinated sirloin and I had the seafood trio. Both were well prepared and quite good.Special Features:
- Cute ambiance met our expectationsLadynGADined on 8/23/2014We were looking for a casual restaurant that had good steamed shrimp and Marley's met our expectations. The shrimp could be steamed 5 different ways. We had them in a chorizo broth and in a garlic wine broth. Both were delicious. My only complaint would be that I had the combination which included shrimp, clams and mussels--I wish it included more shrimp but the clams and mussels were good. I enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!RichardDined on 8/23/2014Marley's is a neighborhood constant! Every time we go there the food is great and service superb! A great atmosphere... What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & servicelovediningoutDined on 8/23/2014Great Caribbean food full of flavor. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rcsrcsDined on 8/22/2014Bar and bartenders were great. Then it ended. Wine was not what was listed on wine list. Told I was wrong. My wife's steak was correct and good - med-rare. Mine was to be the same and it was way over cooked. I ate some and sent 1/3 back for chief to see.
- New management a bustMamabDined on 8/22/2014I am not impressed with the new management. First we were seated in a room which was so hot we asked to move, at which point we were seated between the kitchen and servers station right in the traffic pattern but at least cooler. The server forgot to put in my husbands salad order. Another family member received no entree and had to wait another 10 minutes. The server and manager were apologetic and offered a comped soup or dessert, but it hardly made up. My tuna was over sauced to the point of not being able to taste the fish, and was mostly gristle. The chef came out to speak with me, said the tuna was cut wrong and brought me a new one, which was edible, but by that time I was ready to leave. We won't be returning next summer.Special Features:
- Marley's for FamiliesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food - best Carribean flavors. Kid friendly atmosphere - loved the token to choose a treasure! Really to loud for comfortable conversation, though, which is a necessary ingredient for families too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWillyoulookatthatDined on 8/7/2014We were staying for one night waiting for the Marine Corps graduation and were unfamiliar with the area. We took a chance on Marley's Island Grille and couldn't have been happier. From the great ambiance to every decorating detail, this restaurant delivered at the 5 star level. The food was incredible, the service was friendly and prompt, and we felt we got a great meal in a great environment for a great price. When we do visit Hilton Head soon, Marley's will be on our list of have to enjoy places. Great job guys and I recommend you highly to any family or couple visiting the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/4/2014Good food. I would recommend to friends. Their Teriyaki sauce was just ok it could have used more flavor. But overall experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilton Head exemplarkcinpghDined on 8/1/2014First of all, kudos to Marleys for using Open Table, because so many establishments use the "show up and wait" method. I was able to book a table for our group of 18 without a hitch - so nice when you've got a group of that size and trying to just get them all there at the same time. There are a multitude of choices in HHI for dining, but, we all agreed that Marleys was a standout for the quality of the food served, the menu choices, the ambiance, and the service. Our waitress took everything in stride, was efficient and accurate, and made sure everyone was happy with their meals in enough time to correct it (although we had zero problems). The experience left a pleasant memory, and we all agreed that we will make a return visit when.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beach optionMicheScottVIPDined on 7/31/2014We've gone to Marleys for ice team for years and had non idea there was a full on restaurant! The food was good, a little pricey for the casual fare, but good. Our only complaint was how noisy it was. Our server couldn't even hear us when we ordered. We couldn't hear him, so had no clue what the specials were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodDandMDined on 7/27/2014We are usually pretty picky when it comes to local restaurant standards since we are locals and many of the restaurants here are just a tourist trap. We were hesitant to try Marley's after just a few negative reviews, but decided to give it a chance. The food was awesome, not just one thing but all of it (appetizer, salad, entrees) I left a little disappointed that I didn't have room to try desert! Our service was great as well. Not the quietest of places but was just fine for our casual date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleysMeandmadi7198Dined on 7/23/2014We were seated immediately upon entering Marleys. The food was great! Our server Sophia was really nice. The prices were a bit high but everything in Hilton Head is overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.