Marleys Island Grille
35 Office Park Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Marleys Island Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marleyshhi.com/
- Phone: 8436865800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Ice Cream Shop and Trading Company opens at 12:00 Noon.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available! Call to discuss your needs with the Chef.
- Entertainment: We have a dog Friendly Patio and lots of great games for kids, families and anyone who wants to have a little fun with Dinner.
Giant Jenga, Ring Toss, Giant-Toss Tic-Tac-Toe.
Grab some of our Home Made scoop or a Soft Serve Ice Cream and enjoy the Patio even if not Dining.
A word from Marleys Island Grille
Another fine restaurant by SERG Group: Marleys Island Grille features a casual, yet sophisticated, upbeat, fun tropical environment. We are passionate about serving only the freshest wood-fired grilled seafood, steaks, succulent lobsters and much more. Our full service bar prepares the most refreshing, coolest libations, specializing in mojitos, margaritas, house made sangria and tropical drinks. Don"t forget to visit Marleys Homemade Ice Cream and Trading Company next door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Marleys Island Grille - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Marleys Island Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (93)good for groups (80)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (34)hot spot (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (15)late-night find (8)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Dinner at Marley'sBigHDined on 9/10/2014Our server was very attentive to our needs and checked back frequently to see how we were doing. Also made some very menu suggestions. Would return again.Special Features:
- Comfortable but priceyJoanjpsVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is a very nice, well decorated restaurant. But more alike a neighborhood restaurant, and on this note, the prices should be lowered accordingly. Too pricey for only 2 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and value!KateDined on 9/2/2014we had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back next year! their early dining menu is a great value for the price and the portions. this is a must go in hhi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favoritSuzhausDined on 9/1/2014Marley's is always a favorite every year ... Great family friendly restaurant... their grilled Caesar Salad and fish tacos are great!!!iSpecial Features:
- HH StapleNewportbummerVIPDined on 9/1/2014They always have good food and enough variety on the menu for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatHHIfoodcriticDined on 8/31/2014We just at at Marley's again. The patio was open for dinner seating and it was a beautiful evening so we opted for that. The service was friendly and fast, our server made great recommendations without being pushy. The Goat Cheese appetizer was amazing. We each had fish and it was so fresh and delicious (the supa dupa groupa is my favorite). A nice surprise was dessert, our server pointed out that they made their own ice cream. So we each had ice cream and coffee while we relaxed on the patio. I recommend Marleys to anyone who wants a unique dining experience, great food, great service, and.... Home made ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair ambianceFoodiesofViningsVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I visited twice over the Labor Day weekend, eating inside and outside. The food is really good. Felt like a Denny's inside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingExperiencedEaterVIPDined on 8/31/2014they have some very interesting things on the menu - and they are very good. You can do the standard beach town fare you if desire - but they also have some curry dishes and such that were very tasty.Special Features:
- A VERY nice outMcMarleysDined on 8/30/2014Had excellent steak, the Teriyaki streak and my wife had the fillet mignon with coffee butter. My wife is STILL talking about the coffee butter days later. Our waitress was very nice and explained the selections and raved about the fillet to my wife as well. Our experience was fantastic. We will make this a year stop when we visit Hilton Head.Special Features:
- Wonderful!luvhhiDined on 8/29/2014Never had a bad experience here since the SERG group took over. It's a place to go for sure. Great service! Delicious food! A casual fun dining experience for everyone. The menu has such a wide variety of choices. Can't go wrong here! Love it!Special Features:
- Good eveningLuv2eatDined on 8/28/2014We ate outside and enjoyed our meal. Only deterrent were these little black no-see-em bugs that were around our table sporadically. Our meals were quite good, esp. the house salad. The house dressing is fabulous, as is the complimentary bread they serve with the meals. My husband had a marinated sirloin and I had the seafood trio. Both were well prepared and quite good.Special Features:
- Cute ambiance met our expectationsLadynGADined on 8/23/2014We were looking for a casual restaurant that had good steamed shrimp and Marley's met our expectations. The shrimp could be steamed 5 different ways. We had them in a chorizo broth and in a garlic wine broth. Both were delicious. My only complaint would be that I had the combination which included shrimp, clams and mussels--I wish it included more shrimp but the clams and mussels were good. I enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!RichardDined on 8/23/2014Marley's is a neighborhood constant! Every time we go there the food is great and service superb! A great atmosphere... What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & servicelovediningoutDined on 8/23/2014Great Caribbean food full of flavor. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rcsrcsDined on 8/22/2014Bar and bartenders were great. Then it ended. Wine was not what was listed on wine list. Told I was wrong. My wife's steak was correct and good - med-rare. Mine was to be the same and it was way over cooked. I ate some and sent 1/3 back for chief to see.
- New management a bustMamabDined on 8/22/2014I am not impressed with the new management. First we were seated in a room which was so hot we asked to move, at which point we were seated between the kitchen and servers station right in the traffic pattern but at least cooler. The server forgot to put in my husbands salad order. Another family member received no entree and had to wait another 10 minutes. The server and manager were apologetic and offered a comped soup or dessert, but it hardly made up. My tuna was over sauced to the point of not being able to taste the fish, and was mostly gristle. The chef came out to speak with me, said the tuna was cut wrong and brought me a new one, which was edible, but by that time I was ready to leave. We won't be returning next summer.Special Features:
- Marley's for FamiliesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food - best Carribean flavors. Kid friendly atmosphere - loved the token to choose a treasure! Really to loud for comfortable conversation, though, which is a necessary ingredient for families too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWillyoulookatthatDined on 8/7/2014We were staying for one night waiting for the Marine Corps graduation and were unfamiliar with the area. We took a chance on Marley's Island Grille and couldn't have been happier. From the great ambiance to every decorating detail, this restaurant delivered at the 5 star level. The food was incredible, the service was friendly and prompt, and we felt we got a great meal in a great environment for a great price. When we do visit Hilton Head soon, Marley's will be on our list of have to enjoy places. Great job guys and I recommend you highly to any family or couple visiting the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/4/2014Good food. I would recommend to friends. Their Teriyaki sauce was just ok it could have used more flavor. But overall experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilton Head exemplarkcinpghDined on 8/1/2014First of all, kudos to Marleys for using Open Table, because so many establishments use the "show up and wait" method. I was able to book a table for our group of 18 without a hitch - so nice when you've got a group of that size and trying to just get them all there at the same time. There are a multitude of choices in HHI for dining, but, we all agreed that Marleys was a standout for the quality of the food served, the menu choices, the ambiance, and the service. Our waitress took everything in stride, was efficient and accurate, and made sure everyone was happy with their meals in enough time to correct it (although we had zero problems). The experience left a pleasant memory, and we all agreed that we will make a return visit when.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beach optionMicheScottVIPDined on 7/31/2014We've gone to Marleys for ice team for years and had non idea there was a full on restaurant! The food was good, a little pricey for the casual fare, but good. Our only complaint was how noisy it was. Our server couldn't even hear us when we ordered. We couldn't hear him, so had no clue what the specials were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodDandMDined on 7/27/2014We are usually pretty picky when it comes to local restaurant standards since we are locals and many of the restaurants here are just a tourist trap. We were hesitant to try Marley's after just a few negative reviews, but decided to give it a chance. The food was awesome, not just one thing but all of it (appetizer, salad, entrees) I left a little disappointed that I didn't have room to try desert! Our service was great as well. Not the quietest of places but was just fine for our casual date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleysMeandmadi7198Dined on 7/23/2014We were seated immediately upon entering Marleys. The food was great! Our server Sophia was really nice. The prices were a bit high but everything in Hilton Head is overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spotDinerbychoiceDined on 7/20/2014This is a must visit on our vacation. We eat here every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!!!Partyof5Dined on 7/17/2014The food is hands down one of our favorite meals we had at Hilton Head. Then you add on the atmosphere, the music, the ice cream, the fun...my family had a blast. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:
- Local likes this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014I am a local and had not been to Marley's. Looking for a place to take friends from out of town. It was nice, the food was good, the selection was okay but a lot of seafood items on menu. The only issue was the noise level, we could hardly hear the waitress. I think it is a fun place, very lively and lots to see especially if you are sitting by the window. Would suggest going, but use Open Table to make reservation. Got in exactly when our reservation time came .Special Features:
- Great foodclamloverDined on 7/16/2014The restaurant was noisy, so much so that our server couldn't hear us and we couldn't hear him. The food was excellent. We got the crab soup, clam kettle with beer and old bay, and shrimp kettle with the red sauce. I was shocked at the number of clams I got. It was very tasty and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Something for everyone!lovediningoutDined on 7/15/2014My girlfriend and I had a blast here. We were seated promptly by a very gracious host. They have a big menu, and our server was fantastic in making great recommendations. We started with a Pu Pu Platter (a great sampler of appetizers) and drinks in logoed glassware that we got to keep as collectibles. I'm a steak guy, so I got a very tender NY Strip, and my girlfriend got one of their specials, a fresh from Hawaii Big Eye Tuna that she said was the best tuna she ever had. All our food was spaced perfectly, presentation was a 10/10 and flavor was out of this world. We'll definitely be back with some family, their whole patio is devoted to entertainment with great stuff for kids. Stopped at Ice Cream store after, loved my "campfire"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marley's Island GrillIslandGirlDined on 7/14/2014This was a great place. We had a party of 13. Our service was great. Sarah, our waitress, was fantastic. So nice and friendly. She went the extra mile. The food was served and everyone enjoyed their food. We would go back to this place when we come back next year. Also, they had a band playing just outside and the kids loved to dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.FoodiejoeDined on 7/13/2014Will be making it a regular stop on vacation. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome. Best find on the IslandHHIfoodcriticDined on 7/12/2014We stopped in expected it to be good, but it was great. Food = Great. Service = Great. Atmosphere = great! fun lively. Had the baked goat cheese app. OMG awesome. Supra Dupatta Grupa for dinner, loved it. By buddy had a fish special that was flown in by FedEx from Hawaii overnight. Server said that have fish flown in daily via FedEx from Hawaii. Wow! Where else do you get that?! Definitely recommend! Will try their early dining specials this week.Special Features:
- They got the message (RE: noise)DineWithFriendsDined on 7/12/2014Booked the reservation prior to reading the reviews. Was concerned about the level of noise we were going to experience. Upon arrival, the noise level was moderate so we continued with seating and were directed to a booth near the bar. Wait staff was amazing, I think her name was Joy. Food was good, we both had entree salads and shared the key lime cheesecake for dessert. Throughout the meal, there was no issue having a conversation at a normal speaking tone. They got the message and turned down the volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014we eat at Marleys every year and would usually always give it a 5. I rated it a 4 due to my wifes scallops being served half raw. They corrected and all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceTinaMDined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful meal. Good portion sizes. Helpful waitress. It was very loud even though we went in early. Fun atmosphere. It was a great kid friendly option on Hilton Head Island. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceVacationfavDined on 7/11/2014The first night we went the steak was cooked perfect. I ordered it butterfly and medium well. Had a slight color of pink but not too much. The second time we visited the steak was over done. My daughter ordered the kids filet and ordered hers medium well and it was very well done. We didn't complain because the taste was still excellent. Just wish the steak was as perfect the second time as it was the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can make reservations!VacationDineDined on 7/8/2014We went out for a family dinner while on vacation. Someone had recommended it as a must go to place for dinner. Food was good but not great. I liked that we could make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vacation dinnerPamKDined on 7/8/2014We arrived just as the early dining menu was ending and our servers were right on with our orders so we could still get the specials. We then were able to get specialty drinks and enjoy the evening with our friends. Fish tacos were good, fried seafood special was excellent. All the food was hot and nicely served. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2014Food was great and service excellent. It was a little noisy for my taste.Special Features:
- Marley's Dinner ReviewGrammyDined on 7/6/2014We had a very nice dinner at Marley's. There were two adults and three teenage boys. We were immediately seated and had an amazing server who was super-attentive. Food was very good but not great. It was a bit noisy but we were near the bar. Atmosphere is fun and tropical.Special Features:
- VacationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014While on vacation in HH we had the pleasure of dining at Marleys The staff was very friendly and attentive We went with a table of 8 and everyone had a wonderful dinner! We will definitely be back next trip to HH. Food was delicious!! Great Job!Special Features: