Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville
201 SE 2nd Ave Suite 102
Gainesville, FL 32601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marksprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (352) 336-0077
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Pharo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are pleased to feature our full service, private dining facilities available for your next reception, banquet, business meeting, or social gathering. It would be our pleasure to help plan your next dining event and customize your menu. Our three private dining rooms are equipped to handle your audio/visual/internet needs as well. For whatever reason, business or pleasure, you can savor Mark�s taste sensations along with our award winning wines in privacy and comfort. We hope to leave a memorable impression on your friends and colleagues when you host an event at Mark Prime Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Henry 3523360077
A word from Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville
Marks Prime Steakhouse has a goal to create a unique dining experience that will please the palate and soothe the soul. We serve the finest beef, freshest seafood, premium wines and naturally fresh vegetables. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville - Best Restaurants in Gainesville ›
Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MSCeVIPDined on 11/19/2014fkasdjflsj;o0iujeknl/'s;imnanda jhfnva'sleur[iojhnkgna'slekjfI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and outstanding service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014Excellent food and outstading service. I would highly recemmend Mark's for any special occasion or just a romanitc night out.Special Features:
- Excellent place for good food, service and locale!VisitingDined on 11/15/2014The food, service, and atmosphere are excellent. A nice spot for a special occasion meal. I recommend reservations...there is a nice bar but very small and no real waiting area if the bar is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickyDined on 11/8/2014I was visiting my Son and he told me about the Restaurant, I was very impressed with the place and the service was top notch. My girl friend was not happy when we got home the bone was removed from her steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion PlaceKekeDeeDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated our son's 21th birthday at Marks Prime Steakhouse. Everything was wonderful! Great food, professional but fun server, just an all around great place in Gainesville to have a nice dinner. We loved it! You will too!Special Features:
- Delicious steak and lobster app.LuvthefoodDined on 11/7/2014The steak was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. The lobster had just the right amount of tang to go with its buttery flavor. The chocolate martini was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedSaddleupDined on 11/7/2014Had an exceptional experience great food and service will be returning on a regular basis. Found a new favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT place for fine diningRestaurantReviewbySallyDined on 11/3/2014ALL our food was outstanding. My husband and I went with our son and his wife. This was our first time trying this restaurant. We all tried different things so we could really get a taste of what the menu was all about. I had the Diva cocktail--VERY good. Our server was Jessica and she did a wonderful job. It is a bit pricey, but the food is wonderful and I'd definitely want to go back.Special Features:
- Not sure what to sayHarryPVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were in for parents weekend and the restaurant came highly recommended. Our table was waiting for us when we arrived and after we were seated the waiting began for us. Let's just say the service was more than a little uneven after our more than friendly waiter kept telling us that he would take care of things. To the restaurants credit, we did end up getting our drinks, desserts and coffee comped. The steaks and all the other food were very good. We'd give the place another try.
- Great Steaks!!gatormomDined on 10/23/2014If you are looking for a special place for dinner. This is a good choice. In the heart of downtown, you can walk and take in the local nightlife as well as a good meal.Special Features:
- Excellent!!10is34677Dined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent!! Amazing creamed spinach and steak were cooked perfectly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Yummytummy1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent steaks and sides!! Great service and ambiance too!Special Features:
- Always our favoriteDrSciDined on 9/23/2014My wife got a steak. The steaks at Mark's are always the best we've ever had anywhere. I got lamb, which was good but it was a bit fatty and with some tendon-like material through the meat. The sauce for the lamb was perfect. I think the truth is that I am not really a huge fan of lamb and I should stop ordering it. I can't remember when I last really liked the lamb anywhere. So that's on me. Our server was just about perfect, just the right amount of hovering, but not intrusive, great personality, really fun and professional. All the sides were also outstanding. We go at least once a year for anniversary, and some other visits. It's expensive but really worth it.Special Features:
- Nice spot at GainesvilleGatormomDined on 8/23/2014Family dinner before leaving our son at UF. Pleasant atmosphere. Great food. Good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Crab Bisque was awesome. The Delmonico, about which most reviewers raved, had the taste of butane. And the salad was average at best.
- Anniversary DinnerHusbandNeedsPointsDined on 8/19/2014First time eating here. Overall food, service and ambiance were all excellent! The only disappointment was my request to have a small vase with roses in it was not addressed. I indicated this request on my open table reservation. Since you could not, or did not want to provide this extra request, you should of responded to me via email, so I could of made other arrangements. Other restaurants gladly provide this service. Remember...Happy Wife = Happy Life.Special Features:
- scottmikDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding restaurant. The food is excellent and the service is as well. My wife and I enjoy our date nights out here!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Above Average DinnerRonJDined on 8/5/2014Me and my wife celebrated our 9th anniversary by going out to Marks Prime Steakhouse. We have only been to Mortons prior to this in Virginia and were expecting something close by comparison. The service staff were very nice and attentive but the ambience wasn't as romantic as we had hoped for. Still a very nice place though. We both had the Delmonico since we are avid rib-eye lovers and it was a better cut of meat than the average chain steakhouse for sure. We are not wine lovers so I enjoyed two drinks of Makers Mark that were very well made. Overall it was a very nice experience but for the price it was it is not somewhere we will go just for the quality of the food. I do plan to eat there again on another special occasion!Special Features:
- Food and service was very googHungryDined on 7/26/2014The price was reasonable for the quality. Best steakhouse in Gainesville. The selection was good. Service was timely and attentive. The meals where well prepared and presented wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 383 reviews are from the Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville reviews archive.
- scotty5775Dined on 7/25/2014Top-notched food, service and location. It was a very pleasurable experience which I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experienceSMDODined on 7/24/2014I was at the restaurant for a dinner meeting with my company. We had a separate room with about 25 people. The space was good and the arrangement perfect. I also had my wife and 4 children with me, but the meeting was not appropriate for the kids to attend. I made a reservation for them. The restaurant arranged a table for them just outside the meeting room. My wife and I were able to easily step out to check on them. They were treated very well. Overall the service was great. The food was good. The salad was the best. My steak was cooked perfectly. The blue cheese sauce topping was a bit overwhelming and smothered the flavor of the meat, but this was easily fixed by scraping it to the side. Deserts good but seemed a bit manufactured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world Steakhouse.VndocDined on 7/24/2014Mark's has been around for quite a while, and there have been some tweaks to the menu in some of the appetizers like beef carpaccio and some sides like potatoes lyonnaise, but really what I come for is a great steak and a big cabernet. I had the 11oz filet medium rare, and it did not disappoint. Cooked perfectly on a sizzling hot plate. The wine list is geared towards california cabs, but there are selections from italy, south america and france as well. Corkage is $20 which is what I would expect for this type of restaurant. Don't come here looking for some artfully presented food. Come for the beef.Special Features:
- A nice treatmdagenVIPDined on 7/19/2014We decided to treat our college son to a nice dinner on our visit to get away from bar food. The server Amy was quick and attentaive. Definetly will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthdayHowdyPartnerDined on 7/18/2014Our server Sean came and was so friendly and knowledgeable of everything on the menu. He described everything that was asked and was very patient. He also made some nice suggestions. We ordered the delmonico ribeye with a side of scallops and a side of lobster Mac n cheese. Everything was incredible. If you haven't had the lobster Mac n cheese you have to add it to your business key list. It is not the healthiest thing in the world but dinner at Mark's is meant for special occasions. I am looking forward to the next dinner from Mark's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday SurprisechowilliamDined on 7/5/2014I chose Mark's Prime after researching various steakhouses around the Gainesville area for my mother's 50th birthday. The service was amazing and the entire staff was very welcoming to me and my mother. I had mentioned her birthday on my reservation, and the dessert surprise at the end was unexpected, but a joyous end to dinner. The birthday farewells as we departed demonstrated exceptional class. Though this is a rather late review, I have nothing but praise and unparalleled gratitude for our waitress and the entire staff for our visit. Thank you, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaystoujoursparisDined on 6/28/2014Always a great place for a special occasion. We were there for our anniversary. Steaks are always amazing, sides perfectly prepared. This visit was a little off - steak that was overcooked, but happily taken back and a new one ready in minutes. I asked for no butter and the steak was plated on a slather of butter, but they quickly removed and brought back a steaming hot plate. So while it wasn't perfect, they were helpful and anxious to make things right. Certainly wouldn't keep us from dining there again for future celebrations. It's expensive, so it's not a weekly place for us to dine.Special Features:
- Wrong tempsNormDined on 6/28/2014My wife ordered a Medium filet and got a medium well. I ordered a medium rare filet and received a medium. Too bad, because both pieces of meat seemed to be prime cuts! I also found all of the alchohol prices a little steep.Special Features:
- Very tender petite filetUpscaleCoupleDined on 6/25/2014Excellent steak, although the meat and vegetables are served with too much butter. Not for those on a diet. Pricey.
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014Thougherly enjoyed our visit. As always food was wonderful, and service quick and friendly. You have to try the creamed spinach with your meal, always a treat.Special Features:
- excellent steakdatenightDined on 6/20/2014Food was excellent as was the service. Friday happy hour crowd at the bar was too loud and made dining room conversation difficult. All sides are ala carte which jacks up price substantially - but portions are large enough to share.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMikeDined on 6/14/2014Good is good and service is fine. We have eaten at Mark's a number of times and food is consistent. The location is nice as it is close to the theatre. However the current management team is made up of an uppity young man who has no idea how to treat grown ups who may be repeat customers. He is condesending and arrogant which is particularly off putting as he is a restaurant manager and not a neurosurgeon or rocket scientist. A little more grace and kindness when you walk in the door would go a long way to improving the experience. The wait staff are great. It's just too bad they have to over come such a bad first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCatherineDined on 6/7/2014We dropped my daughter at UF for the high school summer research program. We celebrated her birthday at Mark's. The food was delicious and over priced but we were forewarned. Waiters were friendly and attendantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicePoorDined on 5/31/2014Our service was was very poor, we decided to leave due to the poor sevice. After being served our salads we waited 25-30 for our entrees while other patrons who came after us recieved their. Its was only after going to the matre d asking why it was taking so long was the only time movement occurred on our order. Still the server no other staff came to us with an explanation for the delay in getting our entrees, that when we decided to leave.
- fooddavgbergDined on 5/31/2014food was delicious and presented well. A bit pricey, but worth the cost.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewTroJanDined on 5/31/2014Great! Marks is very good, especially with appetizers, at coming up with very creative blends of textures and flavors. Service top notch, always.Special Features:
- Worst meal I have had at MarksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014We went there for a late graduation dinner.....as the restaurant was not busy and it was late, our server spent most of his time cleaning and prepping for the end of the shift....the food was not served hot.....a staple at marks is there 400 degree plates......ours were barely warm...the sides were not served hot either....not sure if our order sat for a while before it was brought out but....it certainly looked and tasted that way....normally we would have complained and sent the food back....but we had a large party, it was late and everyone was tired....server never asked if we enjoyed everything or about our overall experience.
- Best in GainesvilleCamiDined on 5/24/2014We took my mother in law to Mark's Prime for the first time this weekend and had a great time. The service was impeccable, food was fantastic. She said that was the best steak she has ever had in her whole life (she is 80, loves steak - so that is an awesome compliment from her. So many times when dining in gainesville, either the service is poor or food not great. Mark's never disappoints! If you haven't been, you need to go soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful for law school graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Perfect spot in Gainesville for a special evening of celebration. Good food great service...wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary at Mark'sMicanopy26Dined on 5/11/20141 year anniversary dinner at Mark's. Made reservation and we were immediately escorted to our choice of booth or table. Appetizer was excellent, best steak I ever had and my wife loved the twin lobster tails. The Cheesecake was incredible. Service was outstanding and our drinks were never empty. Overall best dining experience we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvbeefDined on 5/11/2014Always our choice for special occasions! Never disappointed with dining experience and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.