Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala
30 South Magnolia Ave.
Ocala, FL 34471Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marksprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3524020097
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday -Saturdays: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala
Marks Prime Steakhouse has a goal to create a unique dining experience that will please the palate and soothe the soul. We serve the finest beef, freshest seafood, premium wines and naturally fresh vegetables. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala - Best Restaurants in Ocala ›
Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (32)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (14)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The service was good, the food was excellent. The portion and quality of the asparagus was exceptional. My daughter loved the lobster escargot and the salmon was great. The complimentary birthday dessert was wonderful and unexpected. We missed out on the valet parking as we did not see it when we drove in front of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BeststeakloverDined on 9/13/2014Simply the best steak in town try it one it and you will be hooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedprofcleveDined on 9/2/2014Went there with friend early on a Tuesday Evening. Not crowded. Nice Ambiance, waiter was prompt and efficient. I drank Ice Tea and my friend had Wine. I order escargot. It was just okay, nothing out of the ordinary. Friend ordered French Onion Soup, nothing exceptional here either. My Friend had a chef's salad, which was very good, and I had the 11oz filet. It was cooked properly, but had a broiler like taste to it. Our bill came to over $75. All sides were ala carte and we did not order any potatoes or vegetables with the meal. For the quality of the food we were disappointed. Probably would not return.
- Nice, but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Service was excellent. Food was good but not spectacular. Food quality didn't match price. This is the only reason I wouldn't recommend this to a friend. If you enjoy overpaying for average food in a nice setting then this place is for you.Special Features:
- Outstanding!2CTersDined on 8/20/2014This was our first visit to Mark's Prime Steak House and it will, most definitely, not be our last.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Superb ambiance and service. My wife's expensive lobster tails were excessively salty. My filet was edible but I have eaten better.Special Features:
- excellentLynnBDined on 8/16/2014Mark's is the BEST Restaurant in Ocala. Food & service were superiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2dineDined on 8/16/2014Absolutely wonderful! Always! Perfect evening from start to finish. The food is superb and the service excellent. We look forward to going to Mark's for a great night out that starts with the best meal in town.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Wonderful meal, great service, great atmosphere. We will definitely be back, so will our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in townsteakloverDined on 8/9/2014We love this restaurant outstanding food and service. The steak melt's in your mouth.Special Features:
- We will be backDoctorftDined on 8/9/2014We arrived early and were promptly seated. Initially seated next to large group that was quite noisy and asked to be moved and they quickly moved us to a table away from the noise. The wait staff was extremely patient and took the time to explain the entrees and answer all questions we had. the pricing was reasonable for an upscale steak restaurant. This is a place to Dine, not just eat,Special Features:
- OcalaGourmandDined on 8/8/2014A B+/A- restaurant. Get a first-class bartender and improve the desserts and Mark's might compete with Capital Grille and Morton's.Special Features:
- Mark 's a wonderful eveningNewinOcalaDined on 8/4/2014Excellent for anyone who enjoys good food and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerAwesomeDined on 8/2/2014Fantastic ambiance and food in Ocala. Well worth the time and expense. My filet was perfect and crab bisque was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet MignonBiggregDined on 8/2/2014Best filet in town! Great staff and service. Great selection. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townExpectthebestDined on 8/1/2014Marks never disapoints the food is always first class and service is second to none. Every effort to make our evening one to remember was acomplished including a special complimentary treat to celebrate our aniversary. Job well done we will be back often.Special Features:
- Great steak in OcalaPeterDined on 8/1/2014No disappointment here. Three filets and 1 strip steak all cooked to perfection and oh so tender. This is a quality product restaurant. Top of the line service too, attentive without being overbearing. And, of course, they continue to serve your food hot. We are always reluctant to recommend a restaurant to a friend or neighbor because so many are inconsistent. Not a problem with Mark's. Total quality is always there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended HighlyBernieNYCDined on 8/1/2014The Filet Mignon was the best I have had in years. My server : Enos was perfect. I am a resident of "The Villages" and this 26 mile trip is worth the effort for those seeking upscale food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse with a Blue Marlin deco?luvgoodfoodDined on 7/28/2014My friends were right, Marks Prime Steakhouse is the place to visit! The two of us celebrated my 78th birthday, it will be easy to remember - the food was excellent and the service professional! we'll be back soon!Special Features:
- The Best!TopspinDined on 7/26/2014Only our second visit impossible not to be satisfied at Mark's! I had the Crab Bisque App so tasty with chunks of crab! Not heavy at all and so full of flavor! Wife had the Shrimp & Petite Filet and I had the Bone in Filet! Both were excellent! There is a lower priced Chateau Ste Michelle Merlot that tastes like you should paying much more for this one! Debra is an excellent server and was so attentive despite the room filling up with patrons very rapidly! Your water glass never goes much below a couple inches empty from top before refill occurs! So much attention to detail this eatery knows how to do it right!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceMaggyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Our second time at Mark's Prime. We were cordially greeted at the door and immediately seated. Our server, Adam, was very knowledgeable and outstanding in his service. My husband ordered the Filet and I had the Bleu cheese topped sirloin. Both were delicious and cooked to our specifications. The sides were very good (twice baked potato and green bean almondine). It was my husband's birthday and at the end of the meal we were pleasantly surprised with a complimentary dessert. All in all, a wonderful experience and we will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back.High5SteaksDined on 7/18/2014This was our first visit to Mark's Prime. We were seated at a table they refered to as "Grand Central Station Table" that sat in the middle of a smaller room. Considering we were there at 5:30 with a reservation and the place was mostly empty that we would have been seated in a less high traffic location. We ordered Shrimp cocktail, crab bisque, and ceasar salad to share, all excellent. Dinner my wife ordered a Filet special with 2 grilled shrimp and asparagus. The filet was ordered medium but came out closer to well and they had to remake, but they were apologetic and the new Filet was perfect and delicious. I did the Delmonico med rare that was perfect. Sides lobster mac and twice baked, both great.
- AnniversaryDinner4twoDined on 7/15/2014Made a lat minute reservation for my anniversary and it was a great experience. My wife said it was the best steak she had eaten and they staff was awesome. They ended up serving us a surprise desert. Awesome job and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 53rd AnniversaryBiggrampDined on 7/15/2014Outstanding experience The food was delicious and plentiful, the service was wonderful, our waiter was very good he in fact exceeded our expectations including making a special dessert for our anniversary. This dessert was absolutely amazing. All in all I couldn't find fault with anything about our experience, and I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerKSiz90Dined on 7/12/2014Great place for a special occasion, very reasonable prices and great tasting steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerSurpriseproposalDined on 7/7/2014We have an outstanding experience at Mark's. My son proposed to his future wife during our dinner at Mark's. The staff was incredible in helping us pull off this surprise. We had two babies with us and they made sure he had a quiet location with plenty of room for high chairs.Our server Carlos was so attentive.The manager brought the couple a small bottle of champagne after proposal. Food was outstanding. We had variety of entrees: steaks, chicken and fish. The cauliflower casserole was the best I had ever had. The lobster escarole was loved by everyone. Deserts were luscious. I will visit this restaurant every time I come to Ocala. Rate this as one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. Thanks to the staff at Mark's.Special Features:
- A place for steak.PeterDined on 7/5/2014What a unique dining experience - hot food. Entree, potatoes, veggies, even the bread, were all hot. Can't remember the last time we really had hot food in a restaurant. We both had a filet, smaller size for my wife, larger for me. Both to be prepared differently. Both came exactly as ordered. Fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, and caramelized onions all prepared perfectly. Service was excellent, our waiter attentive but not overbearing and pleasant to talk with. There is a sufficient wine list for something to accompany your meal. And the bar makes a good cocktail. One more plus, valet parking right outside the door so that when you're ready, your car is too. A totally enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great food. Would go back again.kmountainDined on 7/4/2014The food was one of the best that I ever had. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!FairywinemotherDined on 6/28/2014Marks was spot on for our anniversary! Perfect service, roses on the table, great food, great atmosphere. LOVED THE KEY LIME CHEESECAKE SPECIAL :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I must say I was very impressed with the steak I got! It was truly the best steak I ever had. The service was great and my family will be back on the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyfood4meDined on 6/23/2014I tried to order the two dishes that interested me-Seafood Medley or the Pasta w/Lobster--I was told I could not have either---No Lobster available-which I found strange --Winn Dixie has Lobster on sale at $8.00 a piece...I would certainly made arrangement to get Lobsters for the customers who came to dinner......I settled for the same thing I have had the last two times I've been there-Pork Chop, My wife enjoyed her dish which I was glad-it was her Birthday and that was more important. Our waiter was very nice and he didn't know what to say....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night out with FriendsOut2eatDined on 6/7/2014Spent a night out with friends. Travel an hour to enjoy the food and service at Mark's Prime Steak House. It was raining and we were met at the curb by the staff with umbrella's. We were not rushed during the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration SpotnightsoutDined on 6/7/2014I made a reservation for a friend and I to have dinner. I specifically asked for a booth in the bar area because we like the atmosphere. We were given the perfect table. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was excellent and so were the cocktails. We were talking at our table after dinner and we did not feel like we were being rushed out of the restaurant for the next customers. We have tried several things on the menu over the past year and everything is delicious. The calamari and French onion soup are the favorite appetizers! It's a little more money than you would pay at the average restaurant but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than mostlThoDined on 6/5/2014We enjoy an evening at Mark's occasionally. However, they could greatly improve their bread choice. Country Club of Ocala has fabulous bread. The ambience at Mark's is fair because of the noise factor. The food is great, and that's why we go threre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeratTaylorDined on 6/3/2014We had the best time. Great service and an amazing waiter. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in OcalaloveyoursteaksDined on 5/30/2014The moment we entered Mark's Restaurant we felt very welcome and appreciated. Our waiter Chris was very attentive, respectful and helpful in placing our order. The overall service was equal to or better than our experience at Ruth Chris Steak House in Tampa. Our steak was cooked to perfection just as ordered, tender and delicious. The manager stopped at our table to thank us for coming to dinner and to make sure our meal was what we had expected. Great experience! This was our second time at Mark's Steak House and we will be coming back. It is a 5 star experience and the price reflects the quality of the food and service. Well worth the price! A must place to have a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 411 reviews are from the Mark's Prime Steak House - Ocala reviews archive.
- Great nite outIluvnyDined on 5/23/2014My wife an I have been here at least a dozen time since moving to Ocala 2 years ago. The waiters are always knowledgable and great to suggest a side or a good wine that will go great with your entree. A little pricey for Ocala but u get a great dining experience. Will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014we were celebrating my husbands 79th birthday....fabulous food and drinks...and then they surprised us with a delicious free dessert,of course with attendant candles (not 79 but lucent)...we chose the bar area and it was fun atmosphere..we'll be back...thanx all staff and management..m&pSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Steak in Ocala, FLTastySteakDined on 5/19/2014My wife, 8.5 month old daughter, and I came from Memphis, TN to visit my folks and grandmother who live in The Villages, FL. We wanted to take them out for a nice dinner and decided on Mark's in Ocala. The food (especially the bone-in filet, service, and atmosphere was fantastic. We look forward to dining at Mark's during our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Delight!MartyDined on 5/19/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday with wonderful food and a tasty sweet treat at the end of our meal. Can't say enough about outstanding service and plan on returning soon!Special Features: