Markham's Bar & Grill
7141 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Markham's Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.markhamsbar.com/
- Phone: (240) 800-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:45am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:45am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steve Markham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Drop in for Live Music, DJs, and Dancing.
- Cross Street: Willow Lane
- Public Transit: Metro Bus can drop you off right in front of us, or take the Metro Rail to Bethesda Metro Center - only 2 blocks away!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: FREE PARKING DAILY AFTER 5:00 P.M. Located next door at the Farm Women's Co-Operative Market
A word from Markham's Bar & Grill
Our goal is to be Bethesda's neighborhood bar. You'll find a comfortable, spotless atmosphere in which to enjoy our delicious, homemade food made with the freshest ingredients and drinks at fair prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Markham's Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointingBethesdadinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Made a reservation for a Saturday night dinner. When we arrived, the place was packed and there was not a hostess around. Instead, they were having a match.com event that completely took over the entire restaurant. I had to flag down a staff member who had no clue we had reservations. He said we could "grab a table" in the back. We sat down in a booth and looked at the menu. During this time, a man and lady (from match.com) event stood in front of our table and got to know each other. In their defense, there weren't many places to stand. I was extremely disappointed that we were not notified of this event in the first place. Finding a Saturday night dinner reservation is not easy and the "heads' up" would have been nice. We left.
- Always spot on!JannaDined on 10/16/2014Even with the back patio closing for the impending winter, I look forward to regular weekday lunches here, especially on Thursdays when select appetizers are half off, as are bottles of wine. The food is consistently good, and the service is cheerful, friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent and varied menu, and very reasonably priced. Service was terrific. I had the ribs and my wife had the salmon. We shared a grilled artichoke appetizer.Special Features:
- Great Find!megreeneDined on 7/29/2014In town for business and looking for someplace with an outdoor seating area to take advantage of some nice weather. We found a very pleasant and welcoming atmosphere with a small fountain adding a nice, relaxing white noise to the outdoor dining area. Very interesting beer and wine lists, along with some unique menu options including salads, ribs, etc. Also some very tempting house-made desserts. We enjoyed it so much that we came back for a second night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Markham's Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Friendly neighborhood spotDanMVIPDined on 7/1/2014Unique menu items. High quality food in a relaxed atmosphere. Great happy hour deals, and cool outdoor seating in the patio out back. Kitchen stays open late which is a nice bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleFoodlvrVIPDined on 5/30/2014We waited an hour and ten imputed got mediocre food. Most restaurants would try to make it up In some way but we were told some excuse which wasn't true re: the owner. We were all from out of town and with the many wonderful restaurants in the Bethesda area, we were ALL very disappointed.