236 Lincoln Center
Stockton, CA 95207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2099328001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:0pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Nicolas DiArenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two Designated areas for Private Dining. Library Room is for up to 12 people. Fireplace Room is for up to 40 people. Please contact us directly to arrange for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Berretta 2099328001
A word from Market Tavern
Market Tavern features farm-fresh ingredients across all menu items from our wood-fired pizzas, all natural pork chops and steak, and signature meatballs. Our Bar features craft beers on tap and a modern take on classic cocktails using fresh squeezed juices and in-house infused liquors. The Grab & Go Market offers fresh baked bread, salads and sandwiches, free-range premium meats and select produce, as well as beer and wine for sale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Market Tavern - Best Restaurants in Stockton ›
Market Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (33)good for groups (29)special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (15)romantic (14)great for brunch (13)hot spot (13)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- good restaurantBobbyDined on 9/13/2014We like the salads and the small/large choice of entrees. Food is always fresh and tasty. Azoo, the bar manager, is very friendly and helpful. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare combination of food and fun!stishDined on 8/30/2014This place is awesome- every dish was not only delicious and perfectly cooked, but fun to eat! And the prices are right on target.Special Features:
- Food is Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Tasty squash pancake appetizer, and no one disappointed in what they ordered for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SiciliansWifeDined on 8/23/2014Took a party of 9 here for a special occasion and had the Library room. Everyone loved the food, the ambiance, and the service. I will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable dinner!shoppingshyDined on 8/18/2014My girlfriends and I are finding Market Tavern is our "place of choice" for special ocassions. The mushroom spinach pizza is wonderful! The bar area is a bit too noisy, but a booth in the back affords us an opportunity to hear our conversations. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Lousy ServiceCDB13Dined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Market Tavern; both times we were told that our table would be ready in a few minutes, and the hostess would find us in the bar. Both times we were forgotten by the hostess, who needed to be remembered why I was there. No one ever looked for us in the bar, and our reserved table may have been given away. As for the bar, there were no menus available; they have a nice beer and wine list, but it would be nice to be able to read through my choices before ordering. Once we arrived at our dinner table, the waitress ignored us once she realized we already had drinks from the bar. She served every table around us, but neglected to come back and ask for our orders for quite some time. Great food, but poor service.Special Features:
- One if our favorites!shoppingshyDined on 8/12/2014We really like this place for casual dining. The food is delicious. The staff us accommodating. It can get a bit pricey because there are so many options on the menu and you may be tempted to try many!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!DevineDined on 8/9/2014One of the best restaurants I hVe ever eaten at! This restaurant always exceeds again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Too Noisyluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I dine out on Saturdays. The Market Tavern is new to the area so we decided to give it a try. We began our meal with a Cesar salad. The salad was crisp, fresh, and the dressing was good. They had no problem accommodating our request to include a few anchovies in the salad. My entrée, braised short ribs, was tender and cooked just right. My wife's wood oven baked pizza was excellent. The service was OK. I asked that my beverage of tonic water and OJ be served in a tall class-it was in a bucket instead. Also, there was a small water spill on the table. The waitress forgot to take care of it so I used my napkin to absorb the spill. Due to the noise level, this is not a place for romance, but more suited for groups and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!JoedinerDined on 8/8/2014From the moment we sat down until final tab was paid it was an overall outstanding experience and our first time at Market Tavern. Our server was very attentive and helpful in helping us choose cocktails and entrées and we were not disappointed. The classic old-fashioned was served perfectly as well as the jalapeno infused margarita. The iceberg wedge salad was the best I've ever had and my wife and I both ordered the skirt steak, which our server recommended, and we were sure glad that we both ordered it because it was to die for. The skirt steak was incredibly tender and extremely delicious. We are both now big fans of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous 32 ounce cut of the day!brunchVIPDined on 8/2/2014When we heard the cut if the day was $75 for the 32 ounce rib eye, we were a little taken back. But we said, what the heck, we'll split it. It was wonderful! And the sides - steak frites (to die for) and creamed spinach (apparently substituted for the heirloom tomato gratin that we were told about) were excellent. As was the wedge salad. Well done, Market Tavern! We are glad you came to Stockton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, decent service.BeerMeDined on 8/2/2014Came for dinner, pork chop was great but a little pricey. Lasagna was also really good. Impressive beer selection, bottles reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!MerryVIPDined on 7/27/2014Market Tavern knows how to cook fish!! My halibut on corn and couscous was scrumptious!! My husband was very happy with his ribeye, and our granddaughter loved her child's pasta. Our favorite Stockton restaurant!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulCorfinogalDined on 7/22/2014I really never gotten anything that wasn't good at market tavern. Their salmon especially is perfectly cooked- totally done with no rare center with the seared outside and very tender. Sauces are always good. My sister was visiting from New York and said that it was comparable to the good restaurants thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaCanuck1Dined on 7/15/2014Best thin crust, wood fired pizza in town! Good service and nice to be able to watch good prepared in the open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Job!JimBobDined on 7/6/2014We've come here several times since it was recommended to us by friends. We have yet to be disappointed. We have recommended Market Tavern to several friends who have also been very delighted. I really like the wine list, which is grouped by price point. I can afford x amount for wine. Here are the wines that fit that price point. Same with beer. Very user friendly. We had another great server the other night. When you don't have to ask for anything, it means that the server is paying attention to your needs. My number one point in reviewing a restaurant is service. No matter how good the food is, if you've had poor service your meal was ruined. We've always had great meals at Market Tavern. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HI HOPES DASHED QUICKLYShellyNDined on 7/3/2014I have eaten here twice. Each time the food is good, but the service is poor. The drinks are fair. The decor is nice and interesting. The menu changes with the seasons, but also has some consistent items. If you cant enjoy the experience because the waiter or waitress is clueless, then forgot it. I would like to see better service as an incentive to go back, otherwise I give up. Might as well just be a bar to go have a beer.Special Features:
- what a great discoveryEastMeetsWestDined on 6/30/2014loved their deviled eggs and squash pancakes. a true gem in stocktonSpecial Features:
- Best in StocktonJamesDined on 6/20/2014This is the best food in Stockton, which isn't saying much. In a bigger city they would probably just be okay, but again, it's Stockton, and it doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:
- YUMMsFritz18Dined on 6/18/2014This was my first lunch visit and I ordered the Mushroom pizza...it was huge and extremely yummy!!!! I took what I was unable to eat which was actually 3/4 of the pizza and we had it for dinner with a salad! I will totally be back and recommed Market Tavern to everyone!Special Features:
- JohnnyboyDined on 6/15/2014I think this place is a diamond in the rough. Being from Stockton over 30 years ago and finding this very cool, hip, great interior and of course fantastic food. I had the Huevos Rancheros yummy. My dad had the skirt steak he said it the best he has ever had.Special Features:
- DinnerHomebodiesDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had dinner here and had never been here before. We shared a small spinach salad which was fabulous. He had the sausage pizza and I had the skirt steak. The skirt steak was good, but his pizza was one of the best I have ever had. It had a thin crust and wasn't loaded with 'stuff' to obscure the taste. The seasonings with the cheese and sausage was superb. I would definitely recommend this pizza! He also had a strawberry margarita which had basil (?) or something in it ... I would not recommend this drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for lunch in Stockton!!Momof3VIPDined on 6/11/2014I travel to Stockton for work and when I do I always try to eat at the Market Tavern. It never disappoints- this time I had the squash pancakes to start and the fish tacos with a cup of soup. Everything was delicious!! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiBabaDined on 6/10/2014Excellent vegetarian burger. Everything is prepared to perfection. Our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Market Tavern!FromTracyDined on 6/7/2014The food is fresh and mostly sustainable and/or organic. Their menu has a great selection for anyone's food choice. The atmosphere makes you feel like you are in Napa, with the wood tones and Olive trees! Great service, we will be back again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GREATbrunchVIPDined on 6/2/2014always a wonderful experience. Great food! But i am very disappointed the Porchata is no longer on the menu. Please bring it back.Special Features:
- LushMrsAlphabornDined on 6/1/2014With a dark interior and synthetic music playing I felt like I was in a SF lush hotel. The food lived up the reputation very good and very rich. We had brunch with some pretty amazing bloody maries the classic and southwest were both fun and delicious "its all about the garnish". Our main course was the eggs benedict. The eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise that was definately made from scratch on top of a toasted brioche...perfection. Along with mix green salad and roasted potatoes made our morning full. We ended the meal with house made donuts with lemon curd. Perfectly sweet and tart the donuts were not greasy or over cooked and the lemon curd was splendidly sour. A great place to share with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changing menutericatDined on 5/24/2014We were very pleased to find new items on the menu from the last visit. It is nice when menu choices don't get stale. The choices are very creative, nicely presented, and tasty. This is a restaurant that we won't easily tire of.Special Features:
- You DecideFrancescaDined on 5/21/2014I found my dining experience lacking. I had dinner on Sunday, and lunch on Wednesday. One of the Sunday special's was Sturgeon, which I chose. The preparation and presentation left much to be desired. My luncheon choice was the Cobb Salad with green goddess dressing. The Chef/cooking staff should contact me for the recipe for authentic green goddess dressing. For diners who possess a sophisticated palate, the recommendation to Market Tavern would be there is much room for improvement.Special Features:
- The following 39 reviews are from the Market Tavern reviews archive.
- Creative and sexy food!geoblewisDined on 5/17/2014I am a foodie. I live in the Central Valley of California, where EVERYTHING grows, and have struggled to find creative restaurants that meet my foodie, needs. I am happy to have found the Market Tavern in Stockton! Excellent cocktails, inventive vegetable dishes, and beautifully-cooked meats and fish. I like the open kitchen plan and the booth seating. The cinnamon gelato is a must-try!Special Features:
- Market Tavern a must in StocktonScottVIPDined on 5/16/2014Had a very good meal at Market Tavern with very good service. The kale chips appetizer is excellent and I have not had a better tasting skirt steak. This place is popular so make sure you reserve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement DinnerCanuck1Dined on 5/16/2014The best pizza this side of Parma! Prompt seating in quieter area in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected gemGardenersdelightDined on 5/16/2014A beautiful elegant restaurant in the middle of a shopping center. Tastefully decorated though the back room is somewhat closed in and dark. Delicious food with wonderful presentation but rather small portions. I was there with friends, but my husband would have been hungry -- the total entree was the size of a salad plate. Wonderful service, helpful and knowledgable waitress. Not for kids but perfect for couples. Will definitely return but will keep the portion size in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kinda disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Food was good... I think I expected it to be amazing. The discriptions on the menu were vague. Server was not very helful either. I don't think we'll be back. Maybe this place is a better hang out spot...Special Features:
- brunchVIPDined on 5/15/2014Excellent fish tacos, short ribs, and skirt steak. The rotisserie chicken was tasty but the breast was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodGradsDined on 5/9/2014We had a graduation party here for six people. The table was ready for us ... The hostesses were great. The wait staff was helpful and informative. A great even ending -- good food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findSydRDined on 5/6/2014Market Tavern was a pleasant surprise. The ahi tuna salad was awesome and my friend's chicken sandwich was great. Service was perfect; available but not hovering - and obviously enthusiastic about their menu. Looked like active bar area (we ate in the dining room); they are known for their unique and delicious pizzas and their brew.Special Features:
- Exceeded high expectations!HappyTaterDined on 5/5/2014Each time we've eaten at Market Tavern we have been pleased with the service, ambience, unique and healthy food, beverages, cleanliness, and speed of service. We also enjoy the "market" adjacent that carries take out meals, fresh produce and some packages goods, all very high quality. So very pleased that Stockton is home to this amazing restaurant and dining experience. I wish I could give them 10 stars! Never a "so-so" appetizer, entrée, side dish or dessert. Always special, and beautifully presentation.Special Features:
- Contemporary cuisinethevivsterDined on 4/26/2014The wide array of options on the menu just make your mouth water, especially knowing that most, if not all, of the ingredients are locally grown, fresh, or homemade. The pizza crust is delicious and just right, and the lasagna was unique and quite tasty. The flat iron steak special was cooked perfectly with polenta and greens. The menu has a LOT of alcoholic drink choices (at least half the menu is dedicated to this). The only downside to the experience was the amount of noise in the restaurant. We could barely hear our server. Also, we were almost given the wrong dishes twice. I'm not sure if it's because of the confusing layout of the tables or what.. All in all, not a bad place to have a special dinner and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeS11960Dined on 4/25/2014We really enjoy Market Tavern. We have been there several times for lunch and dinner and group meetings. Food is very good. Service is top notch. We had a 6:30 reservation and got there early. They were very busy but they took us to our table at 6:30. I would highly recommend Market TavernSpecial Features: