54 Carmine Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.markettablenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122552100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-11:00pm;
Friday: 5:00pm-12:00am; Saturday: 5:00pm-12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mike Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Market Table offers full service catering.
A word from Market Table
Chef Mike Price and partner, Joey Campanaro, opened Market Table in the fall of 2007. Located at the corner of Carmine and Bedford Streets in the West Village, the restaurant boasts an airy dining room with exposed brick walls and large windows offering a view onto village life. The menu at Market Table is seasonal American, influenced by Mike's childhood on the family farm in Maryland coupled with years working beside great chefs. He offers nightly specials that reflect his love of creating simple dishes with big flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Table reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (110)special occasion (47)romantic (45)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (30)hot spot (26)good for groups (24)scenic view (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great place! Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014An excelent place to visit in NYC, Good service and food. It is a pleasure walk in west village and ends your night having dinner in market table.Special Features:
- On our NYC visit listJudithbdDined on 9/15/2014We try to make it to Market Table when we are in town 5x a year. Food is always great, service, ambience outstanding. Have taken many friends there and recommended it to many more. Did miss the skate on the recent menu however !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 9/15/2014We always love eating brunch or lunch at Market Table whenever we are in New York City. They are known for their wine, their burger, and their french fries! One of us ordered a salad with chicken on top, and it was very nice. My husband and I both ordered a steak sandwich. My husband had to send his back because he thought that the steak was way too fatty. He ended up ordering a fried oyster sandwich instead, and he thought that it was delicious! We did get the fries, and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousElmcfriskyDined on 9/12/2014Our third time at this special spot. Never disappoints! Always spectacular! Thank you Market Table for locally sourcing when possible. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market LeaderGolem212VIPDined on 9/10/2014Market Table delivers. On a recent visit with our two Millenial grown children, their taste for fresh ingredients and wholesome, healthful food, well prepared, was ably fulfilled. Seafood entrees, vegetable sides, and a reasonably priced Nero D'Avola satisfied our somewhat eclectic palates. Service was friendly and professional, and we were allowed to linger and enjoy by the laid back staff. A definite repeater.Special Features:
- JerseyFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful, clean, small, restaurant. Both chef and sous chef smiled and verbally greeted us when we entered from within the kitchen. Difficult to choose from the menu because every item was enticing. We had the arctic char and halibut. Superb. However, the chicken rivaled the old Cote Basque. Outstanding, crispy skin and delicious juicy meat. We also shared a risotto that was excellent, a couple of garden salads that had a vinaigrette right out of the finest bistros in Paris and a grilled octopus appetizer that was amazing. I had the dark chocolate gelato that was as fine as any in Europe, although berry sorbet was just so-so. Excellent selection of wines by the glass and very reasonably priced. Service was A++. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!tnhd99Dined on 9/6/2014Visited the restaurant on the last night of our holiday - lovely food, great service and a good atmosphere. I also loved the huge windows, it meant you could watch the world go by as you had your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific tasty brunchmikeyVIPDined on 9/6/2014First time at a Farm to Table place, and what a great place -- fun, friendly, fabulous food. Limited menu, but likeable meal.Special Features:
- NYdinerDined on 9/6/2014My second visit here and again I say eh. This time I did get something extra. I ordered a fresh fruit plate at brunch and found a dead bee in it. Unfortunately, I did not find the bee until it was in my mouth. It looked like a fly but they insisted it was a bee. To their credit they did not charge me for my food. My food btw was only okay and rather overpriced for what it was.
- Taste buds quiveringkikiburritoDined on 9/3/2014The flavors were outstanding. Hog was juicy and delicately crispy. All the ingredients were fresh, flavors of different dishes complemented each other. Server was knowledgeable about the wine pairing and offered a tasting before ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGH QUALITY CUISINE IN THE VILLAGE1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Market Table is a "must visit" everytime I'm in NYC. I can't say enough about the cuisine, which is of the freshest local variety prepared in a straightforward and unpretentious way. The servers are all highly knowledgeable in food and wine, and do their best to make each visit a memorable experience. The grilled Octopus a la Plancha, Summer Stone Fruit Salad, and the Spiced Long Island duck were amazing! My friend raved about the Whole Hog Special which on this visit featured a 5 day cured ham rolled in herbs served on a bed of creamy grits and Southern style greens. The Quinoa Hush Puppies with a caper and lemon aioli are unique. Suggested wine pairings were perfect and the Pistachio Cherry Cheesecake sealed the deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BastPuggieDined on 8/31/2014I am 63 years old and this about the best meal I have ever had in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014The food and service were great. We really enjoyed our dinner here.Special Features:
- the noise and the romancecoldshouldersVIPDined on 8/22/2014despite the noise from all the customers who almost talk at the same (just kid~~), my husband and i actually find this restaurant quite romantic in its own way, the bonus is that the food and the service were outstanding~~~my personal opinion, Market Table is way more romantic than il buco....Special Features:
- Beautiful, delicious food!KellyDined on 8/22/2014We choose Market Table based on a blog review and found it to be outstanding! The ambiance is relaxed, comfortable and the food is really impressive. The octopus started is tender, sweet and makes me dream of returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite Village hauntsRobertVIPDined on 8/22/2014You can make a meal off the wonderful appetizers and side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointscourtjester12Dined on 8/19/2014This was maybe my fourth time dining at the Market Table. It never fails to live up to the prior meal/experience which is simply having a fantastic dinner. The appetizers this time around were nothing short of awesome. I know at a restaurant of this quality I should not be ordering chicken, but it is mouthwatering tasty and cooked to perfection. If you are thinking of trying this place out, do it.Special Features:
- Tried it. Check.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014The food was good. Not the over the top that I have read in other reviews. I think i was expecting more but still it was fine. Wait staff was great however.Special Features:
- Great experienceDominicDined on 8/17/2014Had brunch here with my fiancée. The meal was perfect from start to finish. Ordered the ham steak and the pancakes. Unbelievable. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market TableNapafanaticDined on 8/14/2014Tasty, inventive fresh from farm food, but dining room is very noisy, making it difficult to converse.Special Features:
- NoisyLeftoverKingVIPDined on 8/12/2014Love this place but the noise lever ramps up quickly when it's full- partly due to the big windows. I usually find a seat at the counter as it's easier to hold a conversation. But the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- Fabulous food: freezing cold roomSiobhannibDined on 8/12/2014I can't say enough good things about the food, it was magnificent. The only drawback was that the room was so over air-conditioned, I was uncomfortable throughout the meal (and it wasn't a very hot evening). I asked for the AC to be not as strong and they said they had changed it but nothing changed where I was sitting: an arctic blast at my back the whole time. I will go back but not until AC season is over because there's nowhere in the restaurant to avoid the air vents. I would have given it 5 stars overall if it were not for the frostbite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerFoodie0310Dined on 8/10/2014The Spicy duck was absolutely amazing! And your desserts - Wauw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!DAfromRVADined on 8/9/2014The food, drinks and service were excellent. Liked the location and the decor of the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014The corn off the cob.... OMG the corn off the cob!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food Both ExcellentLizDVIPDined on 8/3/2014Really enjoyed our recent dinner at Market Table. The service was stellar and the food was delicious and inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy atmosphere.NotcookingDined on 8/3/2014Small menu but everything was delicious. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily market fareCometDined on 8/2/2014Well prepared market to table food. Staff was friendly and informative. Unfortunately, the air conditioner could not be regulated so we had a constant cold gust of air blowing over us. A bit too noisy!Special Features:
- SuperbTAS21Dined on 8/2/2014My daughter selected Market Table as a birthday celebration spot for my wife (her mother). We had an early reservation, so it was relatively quiet. Service was attentive and suggestions spot on. We sampled the Whole Hog, and three fish dishes, along with specialty cocktails and recomended wine pairings. Simply, superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Looked GoodMonieVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a hard time deciding on what to eat because everything looked so good. Had the halibut and grilled peach salad. Yummy! Great service also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to Market TablecolinpatrickDined on 7/30/2014I've been to Market Table 4 times now, it's always a great experience! Although their food is a little bit pricey, it's worth the treat of a delicious meal and nice environment. The location is a great example of a lively cross-over area, right on the edge of the West Village near SoHo, and on down to Tribeca. Easily walkable from West 4th street. A great place for an evening of dinner and wine, then a wandering throughout the neighborhood for nice bars and great New York scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We derail experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Steak tartare fabulous. Nice local restaurant. Super little bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingPeterVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had brunch at this restaurant and it was fine, but surprisingly nothing special. Our food was good, but not particularly inspiring, and our service was fairly poor. The waitress took our order and then never came back to the table until we asked for the check, as she was busy chatting with other employees during most of our brunch. It was not a bad meal, just disappointing given the reputation.
- The food shinesjustokaug2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food is creative and fresh and .... to keep it simple: just oh-so-tasty. The portions are not huge but "just enough". The four of us also shared 3 sides. It's on par pricing relative to similar food so we expected the not-insubstantial bill. With that said - loved every bite. The service was perfect -- friendly, helpful, with a personality but not over-bearing. The wine list by the glass was a little arcane but they were able to help us decipher. The physical space is awkward (which we noted on a previous visit) - having the bar (and it's "bar flies") eating and LOUDLY enjoying the bar seats in the middle of the dining room was off-putting.Special Features:
- Best dinner during a week in NYCOolaDined on 7/25/2014We've been to Market Table many times before. It wasn't even really on our list during this last visit, but when a new pick didn't materialize, we put it back up there, thinking "they never dissappoint". That turned out to be a big fat understatement. Market Table impressed us! With delicious items including octopus, Arctic char and monkfish, paired with a delicious bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc. Service was super warm and familial. We even got some amazing gelato scoops on the house due to minor flavor mix-ups (which were even rectified). We'll be returning, again (and again).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great supperSharbearDined on 7/25/2014Awesome find in Chelsea. Creative dishes, service was prompt, atmosphere was upbeat. All round delicious dinner had by all .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Good food especially the entres: monkfish and sea bream though we thought the portions of each were small for the price. Waitress was cool and abrupt with us and other table around us. Her nails were dirty which was quite unsanitary as well as unappealing for diners. Noise level was unbearable, even for two New Yorkers.Special Features:
- Terrific2redsock45Dined on 7/18/2014Having been to one of the notable spots in the Flatiron District earlier in the week I was curious to see how MT would stack up last Friday. MT blew 'em away...the duck was the best duck dish I have ever had, everything was amazing. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC FIND!DorothyfromKansasDined on 7/17/2014We were early for our reservation and even though they weren't officially open, they sat us at our table. The food was fresh, unique and delicious and our waitress was lovely. It is an interesting and fun space that has great vibes. We will definitely return and we highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Market Table ExcelsbjakucDined on 7/11/2014I had a late dinner there with a friend and from start to finish the experience was top notch. We shared an excellent octopus appetizer with fava beans that was delicious. For main course my friend had medallions of monk fish that had a wonderful smoky flavor that was tremendous and I had the hog special (they get an entire hog each week and serve different cuts as specials). Especially noteworthy was a peach mustard sauce on the hog special. I would whole heartedly recommend Market table to friends and plan on returning there again.Special Features: