54 Carmine Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.markettablenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122552100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-11:00pm;
Friday: 5:00pm-12:00am; Saturday: 5:00pm-12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mike Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Market Table offers full service catering.
A word from Market Table
Chef Mike Price and partner, Joey Campanaro, opened Market Table in the fall of 2007. Located at the corner of Carmine and Bedford Streets in the West Village, the restaurant boasts an airy dining room with exposed brick walls and large windows offering a view onto village life. The menu at Market Table is seasonal American, influenced by Mike's childhood on the family farm in Maryland coupled with years working beside great chefs. He offers nightly specials that reflect his love of creating simple dishes with big flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Table reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (116)fit for foodies (115)special occasion (52)romantic (47)great for brunch (43)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (27)good for groups (26)hot spot (19)scenic view (14)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- the noise and the romancecoldshouldersDined on 8/22/2014despite the noise from all the customers who almost talk at the same (just kid~~), my husband and i actually find this restaurant quite romantic in its own way, the bonus is that the food and the service were outstanding~~~my personal opinion, Market Table is way more romantic than il buco....Special Features:
- Beautiful, delicious food!KellyDined on 8/22/2014We choose Market Table based on a blog review and found it to be outstanding! The ambiance is relaxed, comfortable and the food is really impressive. The octopus started is tender, sweet and makes me dream of returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite Village hauntsRobertVIPDined on 8/22/2014You can make a meal off the wonderful appetizers and side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointscourtjester12Dined on 8/19/2014This was maybe my fourth time dining at the Market Table. It never fails to live up to the prior meal/experience which is simply having a fantastic dinner. The appetizers this time around were nothing short of awesome. I know at a restaurant of this quality I should not be ordering chicken, but it is mouthwatering tasty and cooked to perfection. If you are thinking of trying this place out, do it.Special Features:
- Tried it. Check.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014The food was good. Not the over the top that I have read in other reviews. I think i was expecting more but still it was fine. Wait staff was great however.Special Features:
- Great experienceDominicDined on 8/17/2014Had brunch here with my fiancée. The meal was perfect from start to finish. Ordered the ham steak and the pancakes. Unbelievable. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market TableNapafanaticDined on 8/14/2014Tasty, inventive fresh from farm food, but dining room is very noisy, making it difficult to converse.Special Features:
- NoisyLeftoverKingVIPDined on 8/12/2014Love this place but the noise lever ramps up quickly when it's full- partly due to the big windows. I usually find a seat at the counter as it's easier to hold a conversation. But the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- Fabulous food: freezing cold roomSiobhannibDined on 8/12/2014I can't say enough good things about the food, it was magnificent. The only drawback was that the room was so over air-conditioned, I was uncomfortable throughout the meal (and it wasn't a very hot evening). I asked for the AC to be not as strong and they said they had changed it but nothing changed where I was sitting: an arctic blast at my back the whole time. I will go back but not until AC season is over because there's nowhere in the restaurant to avoid the air vents. I would have given it 5 stars overall if it were not for the frostbite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerFoodie0310Dined on 8/10/2014The Spicy duck was absolutely amazing! And your desserts - Wauw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!DAfromRVADined on 8/9/2014The food, drinks and service were excellent. Liked the location and the decor of the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014The corn off the cob.... OMG the corn off the cob!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food Both ExcellentLizDVIPDined on 8/3/2014Really enjoyed our recent dinner at Market Table. The service was stellar and the food was delicious and inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy atmosphere.NotcookingDined on 8/3/2014Small menu but everything was delicious. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily market fareCometDined on 8/2/2014Well prepared market to table food. Staff was friendly and informative. Unfortunately, the air conditioner could not be regulated so we had a constant cold gust of air blowing over us. A bit too noisy!Special Features:
- SuperbTAS21Dined on 8/2/2014My daughter selected Market Table as a birthday celebration spot for my wife (her mother). We had an early reservation, so it was relatively quiet. Service was attentive and suggestions spot on. We sampled the Whole Hog, and three fish dishes, along with specialty cocktails and recomended wine pairings. Simply, superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Looked GoodMonieVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a hard time deciding on what to eat because everything looked so good. Had the halibut and grilled peach salad. Yummy! Great service also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to Market TablecolinpatrickDined on 7/30/2014I've been to Market Table 4 times now, it's always a great experience! Although their food is a little bit pricey, it's worth the treat of a delicious meal and nice environment. The location is a great example of a lively cross-over area, right on the edge of the West Village near SoHo, and on down to Tribeca. Easily walkable from West 4th street. A great place for an evening of dinner and wine, then a wandering throughout the neighborhood for nice bars and great New York scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We derail experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Steak tartare fabulous. Nice local restaurant. Super little bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingPeterVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had brunch at this restaurant and it was fine, but surprisingly nothing special. Our food was good, but not particularly inspiring, and our service was fairly poor. The waitress took our order and then never came back to the table until we asked for the check, as she was busy chatting with other employees during most of our brunch. It was not a bad meal, just disappointing given the reputation.
- The food shinesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/26/2014The food is creative and fresh and .... to keep it simple: just oh-so-tasty. The portions are not huge but "just enough". The four of us also shared 3 sides. It's on par pricing relative to similar food so we expected the not-insubstantial bill. With that said - loved every bite. The service was perfect -- friendly, helpful, with a personality but not over-bearing. The wine list by the glass was a little arcane but they were able to help us decipher. The physical space is awkward (which we noted on a previous visit) - having the bar (and it's "bar flies") eating and LOUDLY enjoying the bar seats in the middle of the dining room was off-putting.Special Features:
- Best dinner during a week in NYCOolaDined on 7/25/2014We've been to Market Table many times before. It wasn't even really on our list during this last visit, but when a new pick didn't materialize, we put it back up there, thinking "they never dissappoint". That turned out to be a big fat understatement. Market Table impressed us! With delicious items including octopus, Arctic char and monkfish, paired with a delicious bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc. Service was super warm and familial. We even got some amazing gelato scoops on the house due to minor flavor mix-ups (which were even rectified). We'll be returning, again (and again).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great supperSharbearDined on 7/25/2014Awesome find in Chelsea. Creative dishes, service was prompt, atmosphere was upbeat. All round delicious dinner had by all .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Good food especially the entres: monkfish and sea bream though we thought the portions of each were small for the price. Waitress was cool and abrupt with us and other table around us. Her nails were dirty which was quite unsanitary as well as unappealing for diners. Noise level was unbearable, even for two New Yorkers.Special Features:
- Terrific2redsock45Dined on 7/18/2014Having been to one of the notable spots in the Flatiron District earlier in the week I was curious to see how MT would stack up last Friday. MT blew 'em away...the duck was the best duck dish I have ever had, everything was amazing. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC FIND!DorothyfromKansasDined on 7/17/2014We were early for our reservation and even though they weren't officially open, they sat us at our table. The food was fresh, unique and delicious and our waitress was lovely. It is an interesting and fun space that has great vibes. We will definitely return and we highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Market Table ExcelsbjakucDined on 7/11/2014I had a late dinner there with a friend and from start to finish the experience was top notch. We shared an excellent octopus appetizer with fava beans that was delicious. For main course my friend had medallions of monk fish that had a wonderful smoky flavor that was tremendous and I had the hog special (they get an entire hog each week and serve different cuts as specials). Especially noteworthy was a peach mustard sauce on the hog special. I would whole heartedly recommend Market table to friends and plan on returning there again.Special Features:
- A Small Celebrationsvd1Dined on 7/10/2014We were, in a sense, a (slightly) special needs group. Every need--from early seating to table selection to explanation of some items--was met with grace and polish. An especially fine choice for a small celebration. All dishes were applauded; I found the vegetable sides especially extraordinary and worthy of a meal in themselves. My only qualm was the noise level, even early in the evening; but I'm an out-of-towner, at least for the past 45 years, and I was assured by companions that it was perfectly acceptable for New York. On my short list for return visits, along with Daniel and the 2nd Avenue Deli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant for your short listSteveNYCVIPDined on 7/9/2014Live nearby but had never been in. My mistake. Had reservation but decided to sit at the bar--great atmosphere. Amy at the bar was very attentive and helpful. Gazpacho perfect for a hot summer night--cold but spicy. Duck breast marinated, tender and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceAnneVIPDined on 7/9/2014I went to Market Street with some work colleagues and the hostess found us a relatively quiet table in the corner. If you want total privacy and quiet, this place is not for you, but it was quiet enough for our work meeting, but lively enough to be fun. The food was great (The orange french toast for dessert was amazing!), and the service was outstanding. All in all, A thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LillianDined on 7/8/2014I really do love this restaurant. Whenever I am trying to find a special place it he neighborhood, this restaurant always comes to mind. And, I am never sorry ....Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchAck12Dined on 7/6/2014My husband, two twenty something sons, and I had brunch at Market Table last Sunday. The brunch menu is a bit limited, but we all found something we liked and our waitress could not have been nicer about explaining the gluten free options to us. Food was absolutely scrumptious. I had the scramble, one son had the ham steak, one had the burger and my husband enjoyed the chicken. We had sides of bacon and veggies. All delicious. Lovely brunch and we'll be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentJackDined on 7/5/2014The food and presentation were fine, our table excellent, two young women were our servers and could not have been more pleasant, helpful. Pork special was disappointing but without any comment from us, the manager acknowledged meal was not up to their standards and rectified. Very professional, and left us with a very favorable impression. Overall, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good mealbeccoVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was really wonderful. I had char and my guest had chicken over a pea risotto. Service was attentive but not over bearing. I did think it was weird that they served soda and beer in cans. Looked a little too casual for the atmosphere of the space. I also thought it was a bit pricey. he chicken dish was $25, $18 would have been a better price point.Special Features:
- An enjoyable outingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Very we'll run operation backed by excellent food and a very good wine list, enjoy the evening. From the moment we arrived, the hostess and waitress took care of every detail, made excellent recommendations and moved items at just the right pace. 3 different fish plates were each excellent, the duck too. Appetizers and side dishes just as special. No glitches here - a good thing when you're paying for it but I don't mind the somewhat high bill if everything is done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM IN THE WEST VILLAGE1KTravelerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Market Table is one of those restaurants I think about weeks in advance of visiting NYC. Tonight's experience was another example of why. I allowed the chef to select three courses with wine pairing. The first, an Octopus la plancha, was beautifully presented. The meat was firm, yet tender and delicious. The second course, Soft shell crab was fresh and crispy, served with a green curry sauce giving it an unusual Asian flair. Finally, the Spiced Long Island duck with cashew puree and cherries was a wonderful marriage of flavors, further enhanced by the Two Messengers Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley. Dessert was a seasonal peach pie with sour cream gelato. Our server was outstanding, making this another memorable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Excellent food - fresh, tasty and well presented. Cheese plate, steak tartar, cavatelli, beet salad all delicious and A+. Halibut was good, but not fantastic. Cocktails are creative and use interesting ingredients. Service was great - we sat for a long time and didn't get disturbed. If I had to make one suggestion, it would be to lower the AC. It was so cold in our area!Special Features:
- Tiny PortionLisa0708VIPDined on 6/25/2014While delicious, my portion of halibut was teeny -- especially for $31. It almost seemed like they were running low and stretching. The chicken on the other hand, was quite a large dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect farm to tableJDofDCDined on 6/23/2014Had read the reviews and needed a casual open space not too much noise place to take my team, who just flew and trained in to the city, out the night before a big meeting. It was the perfect spot. Really relaxed, wonderful, manageable and thoughtful, wine list with perfectly prepared food, suitable for any foodie looking for simple, fresh and delicious food. Andrea was our server and she was great at every turn. Superb choice to go with colleagues or friends for a relaxed and very satisfying evening of great food, wine and conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014pork shoulder chops were fabulous, would go back anytime in townSpecial Features: