54 Carmine Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.markettablenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 255-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-11:00pm;
Friday: 5:00pm-12:00am; Saturday: 5:00pm-12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mike Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Market Table offers full service catering.
A word from Market Table
Chef Mike Price and partner, Joey Campanaro, opened Market Table in the fall of 2007. Located at the corner of Carmine and Bedford Streets in the West Village, the restaurant boasts an airy dining room with exposed brick walls and large windows offering a view onto village life. The menu at Market Table is seasonal American, influenced by Mike's childhood on the family farm in Maryland coupled with years working beside great chefs. He offers nightly specials that reflect his love of creating simple dishes with big flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Table reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (99)special occasion (44)romantic (42)great for brunch (35)hot spot (31)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (21)good for groups (19)scenic view (12)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Limited brunch menu but the Veggies are excellentTravelFoodWriterDined on 11/16/2014The brunch menu is definitely limited, and only difficult if you have someone in your party that doesn't eat a certain category of food-- like gluten or meat. However, even with dietary restrictions the remaining options on the menu are admittedly excellent-- but once again, limited. The boon of this place is that they do veggies EXCELLENTLY-- whether its brussels sprouts or a sweet potato special. Veggie lovers rejoice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!ReviewBirdDined on 11/15/2014Great food and excellent service! We got the lobster risotto which was delicious (they split it on different plates so it was easier for us to eat) - this is a must get. For entrees, we got the pork cutlet and the 1/2 chicken with brussels sprouts and fries as the side. Every single dish was so good that we cleaned all the plates. But don't forget to save room for the grape pie (+ sour cream gelato) for your dessert. I really enjoyed dining here and the atmosphere was on spot! Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchMarketTableDined on 11/15/2014Brunch was great and the service was on par. Loved the hash with eggs as well as the kale side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh!Hipgirl60Dined on 11/9/2014Six of us dined together at a nice corner table by the window (by far the best spot in the tiny area). Our server was well versed on the menu selections, very helpful & friendly. We all ordered different entrées, and all were pleased with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014The menu was excellent - all appeared to be 'market' fresh offerings. The champagne list featured was interesting ie. not the usual labels. Great ambience and fit out with big glass winders but unfortunately the presentation of the snapper I ordered was not impressive and it was overcooked. My partner enjoyed his lamb shanks however!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondiethepandaDined on 11/2/2014I have really enjoyed my meal at Market Table! I made reservations and as soon as we arrived, we were promptly seated. The interior of the restaurant has a lovely cozy and welcome vibe. The waitress was courteous and attentive. The Blood Mary was solidly good albeit with a lot of ice. The poached eggs were cooked perfectly but the ham used didn't add much to the dish. I would definitely recommend this place to others and will go again.Special Features:
- Excellent Customer Service2runnersDined on 10/31/2014We got on the wrong train and ended up lost on our first night in NYC. Not only did Market Table patiently give us directions over the phone, but they held our table, and poured us each a glass of champagne the moment we sat down. Excellent customer service, excellent food, fun ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market Table rocks!MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had a sublime dinner with friends. The food was rich with complementary tastes that delighted us. The atmosphere was fun and welcoming. We were happily fed and served with warmth. This restaurant is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beZekeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Service is a little slow, food was just not as good as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food on the corner .voodoo2014childDined on 10/24/2014This was the second time around, last time 5 years ago, we were there with the kids had burgers and US Wine , We all loved it. This time parents On there own having a wonderful Lamb Shank with sides , fried frites with spicy sauce and Broussels sprout, very good and solid food and Zinfandel and sparkling water. We would come back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEileenDined on 10/24/2014I hesitate to say how good this is, because it's already hard enough to get in! But the food is wonderful-- fresh, delicately prepared, well balanced plates. Their vegetables are absolute treats.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/19/2014Had a great experience on Sunday night. Food was amazing. Service outstanding. An all around wonderful time. Especially loved the banana split dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitCaro76dinesDined on 10/18/2014The food was a little disappointing after reading good reviews while researching restaurants to visit during a first visit to New York. The lobster risotto was a little stodgy and the foie gras salad only had three tiny pieces of foie gras amongst the many pieces of pear. The sea bream was tasty and the strip steak very good. The garlic/herb fries were nice and crispy.Special Features:
- FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2014The vegetables there are very fresh and the restaurant prepared them in an innovative way. The burger was very good. I wasn't a fan of the bun - it was too doughy and took away from the burger meat itself. Otherwise I really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Good but don't believe the hypeAnjaDined on 10/16/2014Good neighbourhood restaurant with good atmos. Bit surprised more of the food not locally sourced and imported from around the world - eg scottish salmon, more European wines than US. But enjoyed the food and ambience and wld go back if if in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diningmarkusbacDined on 10/14/2014all was OK, good food, good service, nice atmosphere. A little cold wind inside from an open window...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!MidtownGuyDined on 10/13/2014I have been a fan of Market Table for a few years now, and have introduced many other friends to this great place. I have never been disappointed in anything that I have ordered. Right now they are featuring a Maine Lobster Risotto. If it were an entree, I would order it as such. I often order the roasted chicken, which is perfectly crispy on one side, moist and tender throughout. Served over a variety of dishes from sweet potato, bok choy and hazel nut butter, to my favorite, a spring onion risotto. Desert wise, you must try the French Toast. I miss the quinoa hushpuppies! When they are on the menu, you must try them. I'm an actor who appreciates a "standing ovation" when I perform, and Market Table certainly deserves one.Special Features:
- OutOntheTownDined on 10/12/2014The basil poached chicken with haricot vert was exceptional as were the four pieces of French toast that my wife shared with me! Wonderful treats! And excellent service in a small wonderful brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and healthy and freshvillagegalDined on 10/11/2014Lovely selection of farm-fresh and tasty dishes including specials and regular menu selections. I'll be going back. Felt special !Special Features:
- Very friendly, great food!!!BrianandJulieDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went there for our 15 anniversary. From the time we arrived to the time we left, they could not have been nicer. The waitress was attentive, the service was excellent, and the manager stopped by on more than one occasion. The food was exceptional. My wife had a squash soup and we shared quinoa hushpuppies for an appetizer. I had the Sea Bass and my wife had the Char grill for dinner, and both were prepared to perfection. We also had a baked yam with maple syrup that was as good as dessert. They had us out in plenty of time to make our show. Great experience and highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy, descent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014We expected greatness but thought the food was unremarkable. Fish was on the dry side, steak a bit tough. Good location, but so very noisy. Service was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market TableokinawaDined on 10/8/2014Call in advance and find out what part of the pg will they be cooking, I would of loved to have ordered the plate but Wednesday was the pig's head .......Special Features:
- MarketTableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Unbelieveable experience. They accomodated us and even gave us a surprise for our honeymoon.Special Features:
- Fun and tastyCJL78VIPDined on 10/4/2014Great little WV spot. Dinner is always delicious with a fun vibe but this was the first time I went for branch and was not disappointed. I definitely recommend the bacon, spinach and fontina scramble. Somehow it manages to not feel heavy or greasy at all.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL MEAL!1KTravelerVIPDined on 10/3/2014As usual, Market Table provided a wonderful experience. The service at this establishment is top notch, without being pushy or pretentious. The staff are real foodies and provide excellent suggestions for food and wine pairings. Although very flavorful, on this one occasion, I found the aged ham dish on the "whole hog" special to be a bit dry. The staff graciously resolved my concern and everything else was delicious and enjoyable. I look forward to returning to Market Table on my next visit to NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, fresh mealM2014Dined on 10/1/2014The waitstaff was very friendly and efficient. The quinoa hush puppies were delicious as well as the chicken entree. Very fresh and nice presentation. The restaurant itself is a bit dark and one could argue a little crammed, but the food more than made up for it!Special Features:
- Wish it had been betterWithreservationsDined on 10/1/2014The service was very good but I thought the lunch menu was very limited. Had a hard time deciding what to eat because most of it didn't appeal to me. Eventually settled on a BLT special, but it was too thick and a bit of a mess to eat. The noise level made conversation challenging.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Really exceptional flavours from all dishes we had (hog and steak were both delicious, and the mint and melon salad was to die for!). Service exceptional, attentive but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Good food, good servicefoodjunkieDined on 9/24/2014Came here with the family on one of our last few nights in New York. The restaurant setting is rather cosy with dim lights. The service was very good, I cannot recall the waitress's name but she was very friendly, very helpful and even giving us suggestions when we are unsure of what to order. The food was quite good. The oysters were tasty and large and the french toast with mascarpone ice cream was really good as well, my sister cold not stop talking about it. (French toast was something our waitress recommended as well). Overall a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicewinendine01Dined on 9/23/2014We used Open Table to help us find a restaurant in NYC after a long day and we felt like walking. We were able to make reservations that were honored as soon as we arrived. The ambiance was lively and yet refined with candle lighting and also a bar area. The restaurant was packed with people for a random Tuesday evening but the service was fast, attentive and the staff was accommodating and knowledgeable. We had the most amazing appetizer, dinner and dessert, and we even watched as fish (caught that day) were being delivered outside- telling us just how fresh the ingredients were! This restaurant was the perfect late dinner spot and we will return! What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Dining SpotVillageFoodieDined on 9/22/2014This is a charming local restaurant. The food is always terrific as is the service. One negative is the wine list. It is expensive and from the wines listed is just a money maker. Lots of labels even wine lovers never heard of. The selection for popular wines like Pinot Noir is very sparse.Special Features:
- soalboDined on 9/21/2014Eccellent food and location, perhaps too much noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014Went for Sunday brunch everything was fresh and delicious. Will return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's fresh!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, fresh ingredients and spices, lots of taste. Totally recommend. Waitress was a bit weird and distanced, but ok.Special Features:
- Good Mood FoodlisaVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food at Market Table never disappoints. With every passing year, I look forward to the change in season, when there is a change in menu and I have the opportunity to try something new. Their fish is always fresh and cooked to perfection. Salad options are fabulous with a minimum of 2 or 3 to chose from. Beautiful menu for all types of diets. My family always leaves Market Table in a good mood.Special Features:
- Perfect!CKNYCDined on 9/19/2014This spot is everything you'd want on a date: lovely ambiance, cozy location nestled away on a village corner, exposed brick, big windows, nice wine list, great food! Everything was delicious - octopus a la plancha, braised black kale, the long island duck, the stony brook hog special, the pinot noir. It feels lively without being too noisy - you can actually hear your date. Or come with friends that love fresh seasonal farm to table cuisine...you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Great food!CeCetaDined on 9/15/2014An excelent place to visit in NYC, Good service and food. It is a pleasure walk in west village and ends your night having dinner in market table.Special Features:
- On our NYC visit listJudithbdDined on 9/15/2014We try to make it to Market Table when we are in town 5x a year. Food is always great, service, ambience outstanding. Have taken many friends there and recommended it to many more. Did miss the skate on the recent menu however !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 9/15/2014We always love eating brunch or lunch at Market Table whenever we are in New York City. They are known for their wine, their burger, and their french fries! One of us ordered a salad with chicken on top, and it was very nice. My husband and I both ordered a steak sandwich. My husband had to send his back because he thought that the steak was way too fatty. He ended up ordering a fried oyster sandwich instead, and he thought that it was delicious! We did get the fries, and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousElmcfriskyDined on 9/12/2014Our third time at this special spot. Never disappoints! Always spectacular! Thank you Market Table for locally sourcing when possible. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.