Market Table - The Alexander
333 South Delaware Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Market Table - The Alexander
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thealexander.com/
- Phone: 3176248222x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Breakfast: Saturday -Sunday: 7:00am-10:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Martindale
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Cross Street: Delaware St and South St
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: A number of parking options are available to you. On-street, metered parking is located south of the restaurant along South Street; an hourly parking garage is located north of Market Table at 301 South Delaware Street; and valet parking is offered in front of the Hotel at 333 South Delaware Street.
A word from Market Table - The Alexander
Our Market Table approach will forever change the way you think about the typical buffet experience by forging a direct bond between you and our culinary team. A state-of-the-art open kitchen puts you face-to-face with chefs preparing customized dishes from fresh produce, locally-raised meats and specialty items. With menus that change from season to season, our team is able to explore a wide range of innovative and tasty flavor combinationsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Market Table - The Alexander - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Market Table - The Alexander reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (25)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Finally there!FlawLESSVIPDined on 8/24/2014I've left some lukewarm reviews in the past--generally along the lines of good food, but terrible service. I wonder if Yolk moving in next door made them step up their game? Much better now. Prompt service with (chilled) water carafe almost immediately after seating. More attention to detail. I think the price has gone up, too, but now this is a high end brunch experience. Want to know a good sign? Indy's chef darling Neil Brown was dining two tables over!Special Features:
- AmazingNapaNVIPDined on 7/29/2014Amazing food and service. Will definitely be back the next time I'm in Indianapolis.Special Features:
- Always amazing!BrianVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food, the service, and the ambiance were amazing as always. Not only did we get a great meal, they also had some special treats for out anniversary. This is the beard overall breakfast/brunch axe in the city hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left sadSaute4uVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had heard mixed reviews, well I def won't be back. $24++ for a buffet requires a certain level and expectation. The only thing worth recognizing was the chorizo biscuits and gravy. Service was lacking sorry Market Table. my first negative review.
- AverageMellDined on 7/13/2014I've been to a lot of hotel buffets so I would say this is average. I keep going back, hoping it will be better - but nah. I don't know why this place is rated so high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServicemacthedogDined on 7/6/2014Appreciated the service from the hostess, waiter, and food service staff. Prepared foods as requested on the omelette bar/ french toast good. However, limited offerings on the brunch buffet for the money. 2 fruit trays were empty, pancakes were dry, I asked for rare on the top round and was served medium. Disappointed that bisquits and gravy were even on the buffet. Gelato was great. But, not sure if we will return.Special Features:
- What happened to the food?PolicyWonkVIPDined on 6/22/2014The brunch buffet which was not clearly visible from our table was shut down at 1 pm with no warning - am saying that so other brunch clientele won't be shocked if the cupboard is bare when they return for dessert, etc. The food is too good to miss!Special Features:
- JeffSDined on 6/22/2014Food, staff, atmosphere; all excellent! We were riding the Handlebar Experience just across the street with a group of 16. GREAT place to meet prior for brunch, lunch, drinks etc. Will definitely recommend!Special Features:
- ljk367Dined on 6/21/2014We were disappointed in the quality of the food. The food in the warming trays wasn't warm enough. French toast was hard as well as cold. For the price of the buffett I would have expected a better experience.
- Great "Clean Eating" OptionssseatonVIPDined on 6/18/2014Excellent fresh food. Variety on the buffet ... Clean eating options and a personal touch by adding your name on a mini chalk board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in Indy !LuvIndyDined on 6/8/2014A wonderful brunch secret but not for long. The location, just behind The Alexander, will not hide *Market Table for long. The dining area is very open and spacious with tall ceilings. Their are also 2 small private rooms available. The upscale brunch buffet included beef brisket, fresh tuna seared to order & mussels (Italian style in tomato & garlic ) were the best i've had. The tomato base eliminated the mussels normally strong fish flavor. I was served full portions of both the seared tuna & the mussels (Italian style), both were delightful. The buffet also had an omelette bar and your other regular items, fresh fruits, breads, meats, pastries etc. Fresh Squeezed juices and a pleasant finish the Gelato Bar :) I'm hooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still close but not quiteFlawLESSVIPDined on 6/7/2014We eat brunch here monthly because we live up the street. Each time, my review is 3-4 stars because the experience is close, but not quite. This time, waited for a long time for hostess to appear. In the past, it's usually been a long wait for server/drinks. They need to iron out service issues. Next, ordered a latte and asked server if it could be made with soy. He said that "they don't have soy mix for the machine." So wait, a boutique hotel restaurant is using mix for coffee drinks? If that's the case, they need to get an espresso machine. This time, we ate at the end of brunch, and most of the hot foods were no longer hot, just lukewarm. I want this brunch to be the best in the city, and it's close...but not quite yet.Special Features:
- Shell4Dined on 6/1/2014The staff was accommodating and friendly. Our server Marco was detail oriented knew the selections and our drinks were never empty. He was thorough and polite. The chefs were knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Thank you for a great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014We visited on the Sunday of race weekend. When we arrived, it looked like we were the only ones there. That concerned me because I thought we might not be able to experience the selection that a busier time frame might have provided. As it turned out, if that was the case, we sure didn't notice. The selections were plentiful, appealing to the eye, and very good. There were more choices than we could sample. The brisket was awesome! (as was everything we had). Our service by the waitress as well as the line chefs at the buffet were friendly, courteous and top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Brunch BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was excellent. Service was good but not outstanding. I don't recommend outdoor seating unless you like concrete and strong sun. Overall, I highly recommend Market Table after two very enjoyable visits.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in the Area!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day Brunch, and I had high expectations from the other reviews, and my expectations were exceeded! Unbelievable, gorgeous array of food. Everything was fresh and plentiful, even at 2:00-2:30 when we were there. Definitely worth every bit of $32. There is not a better brunch in the Indianapolis and surrounding suburbs!Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchGGASDined on 5/11/2014We went to the special Mother's Day brunch and enjoyed it very much. I can't comment on their normal food/service but if it is similar in quality I would highly recommend Market Table for breakfast, lunch, or brunch. Although it is a self-serve style (buffet) the quality and assortment of food is way above most other brunches and the quality is very good for that style of service. The atmosphere is nice casual but you would not feel out of place if dressed up or down a bit. We will definitely go again both to check our their normal food service as well as for future brunch specials they may have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 64 reviews are from the Market Table - The Alexander reviews archive.
- Brunch is Back in Indy!!AwesomenessDined on 5/4/2014Indy has been missing a real Brunch since the Hyatt closed The Porch. Well, Brunch is back thanks to Market Table. All you can eat, high quality and delicious food with great breakfast staples and awesome lunch/dinner offerings. Smoked Brisket, is excellent and most notable. French Toast is a breakfast gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best brunch place in townBrianVIPDined on 5/3/2014As always, we had a great experience at Market Table. The "buffet" is amazing, with basically made to order good. Great variety and incredible taste is found in every item. Service is excellent. Always something new on the menu. I highly recommend the new green tea and the frittata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing pre-race dinner!CangDined on 5/2/2014We live the pasta buffet before the mini marathon and Lisa, our server, was so incredible! Ask for her if you make it in to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the brunchlove4brunchDined on 4/27/2014We requested a round table for our party of 6 and we were given one of the small private room which was great for visiting with our friends. We had visited in February and the brunch was $15 and this time it was $20 which was a surprise but still reasonable. Service was great.Special Features:
- Nice space, good food.... service?KFood1Dined on 4/20/2014A hotel is built on it's service. The Market Table at the Alexander has a long way to go. The food at our Easter Brunch was very good. The selections were various, and for the most part fresh and tasty. The space also is enjoyable, up beat and modern. The service, a different story. The wait staff appeared attentative... smiling, moving about, etc., but when you're at a buffet, the basics NEED to be covered. They weren't. We had to ask a couple of times for our water to be re-filled, had to ask for our check, had to ask to have our money taken. The people behind the serving counter generally acted as if they didn't want to be there. A "good morning!" was greated with a literal grunt for the server. Like the place, work on the service.Special Features:
- Visiting for EasterSherrieDined on 4/20/2014We were visiting my daughter who moved to City Way last year. It was so close to just cross the parking lot for Easter Sunday Brunch. We had an excellent server and the food was great!! We had a very nice time and may make this an annual event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch ExperiencehungryladyDined on 4/20/2014It was our first time to dine at Market Table. I had read the reviews and had a good idea of what to expect, however I was pleasantly surprised how completely different Easter Brunch was from those I have experienced in the past. The buffet lines were short and moved quickly. The buffet tables were very clean every time I passed by, the food was always replaced immediately and the selections were very nice. Everything I tried was deliciously prepared. I especially enjoyed the pasta dishes. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I particularly liked the fresh and clean look of the decor. This was a very pleasant experience overall for my family. We look forward to dining at Market Table again in the near futureSpecial Features:
- Great every time!Happycustomer1Dined on 4/20/2014I been 3 times and I've not been disappointed yet! Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch buffetJustmeDined on 4/19/2014Went for brunch buffet on a Saturday. Not crowded around noon. Very clean, bright. Good was good, tasted fresh. Omelette made to order was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchcitywaycgDined on 4/5/2014Love the lunch.. The menu is very nice. The food is fresh and very nicely prepared with a great selection. Best grilled cheese I have ever had!!!Special Features:
- Love this spotSxrobinVIPDined on 4/3/2014I loved this restaurant for breakfast. I think its great for business gatherings too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Service excellent Chefs excellent Servers excellent CleanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDeAndreaBeaven1981Dined on 3/30/2014My husband and I come here often because there are not enough brunch places in downtown Indianapolis. I always have a great experience when I come here. I have brought both my parents and my girlfriends several times and I always have a great experience. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Fun and Full of FlavorPatricksPalateDined on 3/26/2014Tasty, fresh food made right before your eyes in a "gourmet buffet" setting. The menu is refreshed daily and includes are variety of delicious desserts (and a gelato bar with 16 flavors). The setting is warm and modern. There are also two convenient and spaceous rooms set apart from the dinning room that are ideal for special occasions. We celebrated the accomplishments of a co-worker. It was also fun to speak with the chefs and explore are variety of freshly prepared food options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this Indianapolis?thepearmanDined on 3/23/2014The mac and cheese w/truffle oil, a great tweak on the old classicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still needs better server trainingFlawLESSVIPDined on 3/16/2014Last time I had brunch at Market Table, I indicated on my review that the food was great but the service needs work. Nothing has changed. The food is still great, lots of options, but chances are, you'll be halfway or all the way through your food before your drinks arrive. They even bring a glass bottle of water to leave on your table, but it takes so much time for a server to come over and bring it. Most of the servers are really pleasant people, but they need to be instructed to bring drinks before you eat.Special Features:
- Lunching at The AlexanderladycapricaDined on 3/14/2014I dined at Market Table for lunch during a work conference. The restaurant is beautiful and set up is very nice. It is a buffet, with many options, including vegetarian, which is the main reason I chose this restaurant. The food was delicious! If I am ever in Indianapolis again, I will head to Market Table for a meal!Special Features:
- Great Food, Terrible ServiceFlawLESSVIPDined on 3/1/2014The brunch spread has something for everyone. All the food is fresh and high quality. The added plus is that gelato and mini-desserts are included. But, Market Table really needs to address service issues. We come to brunch twice per month, and each time, servers are conspicuously absent. Last time, we waited over 20 minutes for a check. This time, we were seated and had eaten a plate of food before we could flag any server to bring drinks. I understand it's a buffet, but getting water or a check really shouldn't be so difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureDeAndreaBeaven1981Dined on 3/1/2014My husband and I live downtown, and we have a lot of options for brunch. We love coming to Market Table, because it is just the right amount of casual and fancy. We love the fact that you get made to order omlettes and that our waiters have always been GREAT. I have even brought my family and my friends for brunch. Special kudos to our server Alberto because he was very attentive (my husband said it numerous times and believe me he is hard to please). Last time I was there I also had Marco and he was great with my girlfriends and I suggesting that we try new things. I cant wait to come back again.Special Features:
- Perfect end to a perfect weekend!LucyDined on 2/16/2014Out family wanted to celebrate the engagement of our daughter and boyfriend .The helpful hostess created seating for our party of twelve. Our server made us all feel welcome and congratulated the newly engaged couple by name. The food was fantastic with something for everyone( two vegetarians).Delicious choices and possibly the happiest, friendliest,chefs ever working the buffet.Everything is made fresh in the open style kitchen as you're walking around it making your selections, really fun to see experts doing their thing. This was a special day made perfect by great food, a caring staff, and time spent with family. Not to mention a very reasonably price - hard to bieve for all you receive. We will be returning!!! Many thanks to all❤️Special Features:
- A couple of minuses...dec2636Dined on 2/16/2014The buffet definitely could have been kept cleaner. It was a little messy. Also, things were not labeled well on the buffet. It was a little hard to tell what you were looking at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My great brunchAlliDined on 2/1/2014Environment was inviting, staff was beyond exceptional. Food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Eligant SurpriseJamesDined on 2/1/2014"Come after 10am" was the advice we received... "That's when they out out the good stuff". So naturally we waited til 10am, which we found out is when they start serving brunch on Saturdays. With cooked to order muscles on the buffet and a delicious A choice of almost anything you could ask for, our pallets took a long leisurely tour through the incredible brunch options which were delightfully arranged and perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.