Market Street Oyster Bar - South Jordan
10702 South Riverfront Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Oyster Bar - South Jordan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://marketstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: (801) 302-2262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Rudkin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Blue Point Room can accommodating up to 25 people and is available for private dining events.
- Private Party Contact: Monae Madson 8013022262x
A word from Market Street Oyster Bar - South Jordan
The Oyster Bar is the popular location of choice for dining and conversation. A variety of fresh oysters are offered daily, including the Alaska Sterling oyster, which is available exclusively in the western United States only at the Oyster Bar. Other selections may include the Blue Point and Kumamoto. Enjoy an outstanding selection of steaks, pastas, sandwiches, and salads. A private room is available for parties & special events. The patio, rated "tops," is open for spring/summer dining. Views are superb.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Street Oyster Bar - South Jordan reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (8)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Service CountsHonestAbeDined on 11/8/2014Our food was excellent as always. Unfortunately the service wasn't. Sad since we've been customers for over 20 years and have been great supporters of this location since it opened. I hope our next visit won't be as disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!luvgoodfoodDined on 11/4/2014Took a business group here, some who were international travelers. Menu offered great options, the food was good, and the services was spectacular!Special Features:
- exceptional......RegulardinerDined on 10/25/2014Whether you are wanting the full feast or a wonderful salad, they have it all. Hidden gem is brunch aand the clam chowder to go. The zucchini cookies are amazing. They have a new ..by the ounce.. Wine menu. Awesome. A must try. I dine here a min. of twice a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite places!SkyUtahVIPDined on 10/24/2014The seared ahi is amazing. Love that they don't charge a corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In town for a dinnerDinner4twoVIPDined on 9/11/2014In town for wife 30th High school reunion, thought I would take my wife out to a nice dinner at the Oyster Bar. We had always had great service and food at their Downtown and Cottonwood location. Well not at the South Jordan location. The food was fair at best, the service was worst. Not crowded lots of wait staff but no body would service us and when they did it was poor and slow. Even the Manager was openly complaining that he had to work. Very disappointed from the usual great service found at the Market Street restaurants. Definitely cross this location off the dining list.
- Sent Fillet Back Twice - Gave UpWantinggoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014Usually Market Street does a great job all around (food, service and ambience); however, in my most recent visit I ordered the fillet medium. It came out clearly well done. The waiter agreed and took it back. Next go round it came out medium rare (disgustingly raw in the middle.. sorry lovers of rare beef). My wife was done with her meal and I had completed all of my side dishes. So, we just gave up and I left hungry. It will probably be a long time before we return... but we will I'm sure.
- Always Great!!goodeats13Dined on 7/31/2014We had the halibut oscar and the lobster tail. Great in-season veggies and au gratin potatoes, with the no fail spinach salad and clam chowder of course. Never a disappointment! Thanks againSpecial Features:
- The following 84 reviews are from the Market Street Oyster Bar - South Jordan reviews archive.
- Great for fresh seafood!sunneeDined on 7/21/2014If you're craving fresh seafood in a land-locked location, this is the spot. The halibut is fantastic, as is the service. If you go before 7:00pm, you can order the Early Bird special which is a real bargain.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!SushiLoverVIPDined on 7/13/2014Had no idea they had an outdoor patio. The patio area with all the plush green grass around was beautiful. Brunch is responsibly priced.Special Features:
- I remember why I quit goingTanyaDined on 7/6/2014The only positive thing I can say about our experience is that for the first time ever they actually gave us a table big enough for our party (10). We quit going to market street a year or so ago because the service had gotten to be abysmal and the food was headed in the same direction. Rude from the minute you walk into the door until you leave. Unfortunately, my husband really wanted oysters for his birthday...so I relented. Even the oysters were terrible and all you have to do is open the shell. I sent back a plate of unbeaten food & the waiter never said a word or sent a manager. When I addressed it on the way out the door all she said was, I wish I would have known. She had a chance to try and make it right then and there and didn't.
- LuvBAFoodieDined on 7/5/2014This was my first time to the Oyster Bar side of the grill restaurant. Great place for oysters and raw shell fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for UtahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Not the best seafood ive had but the best you will find in utah. Its fun to do the raw oysters especially with people who have never done it before. The last time I went I found a hair in my food which has me questioning whether to return or not. I expexted at least to get my meal for free and maybe an apology from the manager but nothing like that happened. Unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outside ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Sat on the veranda for dinner. Service was spectacular, food was beyond expectations. Food is on the high end of price but you get what you pay for. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner PlaceRickDined on 5/31/2014We have been to Market Street Oyster Bar many times and it rarely disappoints. We both had the crab stuffed halibut and the halibut was amazing. The stuffing (crab cake) could have used more crab. It was still very good and I highly reccomend it if you like halibut and crab cakes. We had the crab stuffed mushrooms for an appitizer but they were not very good. We always get them and normally they are great but this time they were different, maybe over cooked? I really couldn't tell but they wer very chewey and tough. Not much flavor either. We did not finish them as they tasted like rubber. Overall I still recommend this restaurant but don't order the crab stuffed mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early or late nightBynicholsDined on 5/28/2014Great place for lunch or dinner, service is great, food is fantastic and sports is always good on the tube!!!!!Special Features:
- ServoceBynicholsDined on 5/21/2014Great food and Service, the people are very nice and thearea we sat in was very good, we plan on returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTurbow75VIPDined on 5/16/2014We've been going to the Oyster Bar for years. Always a good place for a night out.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsTBrownDined on 4/11/2014Good location for dinner with friends. Food is excellent. Wine is expensive but in Utah it is common to spend $38 in a restaurant for the same bottle you can get in the liquor store for $20. Service is good and friendly but a little rushed. The atmosphere is busy and noisy but conversation is still possible.Special Features:
- We were sat 5-10 minutes afterwendellVIPDined on 3/27/2014We were sat 5-10 minutes after our reserved time (in an area of empty tables). I had informed them of a birthday celebration, but that was forgotten. The overall experience was abysmal at best.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014One of the toughest parts of eating out in Utah is finding good service. Most chain restaurants lack heavily in service. The great service at Market Street Grill makes it an easy place to take guests, family, and business associates. The food is pricey but lives up to the billing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesDfillmoreDined on 2/28/2014We go here often. Love the food and the atmosphere. The best place for seafood in Salt Lake City. For awhile they didn't allow anyone under he age of 21, they have now changed back to their original policy of no one under 21 at the bar but they can sit anywhere else in the restaurant. We prefer this policy. Not really a place for young kids however except on very special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Causal DiningDining4pleasureDined on 2/27/2014Of the Market Street locations we have visited, this location is our favorite. The service seems more prompt & food is delicious & prepared to our specifications. Servers in this area seem to be more knowledgeable about food options & if not, will take time to obtain information.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish Market Street wouldJamieDined on 2/22/2014I wish Market Street would go back to their old menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub parVironrodDined on 2/15/2014We made a reservation and were seated at the next available table. What is the point in making a reservation if a nice table is not saved for you? Our waiter was knowlegable and helpfull with the menu. My wife and I ordered the same steak, both medium rare. Hers was perfec and mine was well done. Not sure how these two steaks could have turned out so differently but they did. The crabs we ordered were okay but for the price you expect to be a little more than mearly satisfied. I have gotten better food, prep and quantities from Sizzler or Ponderosa for 1/3 the price. Our waiter was agin helpful with the disert menu but was scarcely around to take our order. I would never recomend this resurant to friends, family or business associates.
- Best SeaFood in Salt Lake AreaTuTuDined on 2/14/2014Being a seafood lover, living in a land locked state, can be a challenge ! Market Street never disappoints! Our late afternoon dining experience was great from appetizer of Blue Point oysters to our dinner of 2 varieties of crab- snow and Dungenous, halibut topped with MD lump crab cake. Seafood tasted fresh and was perfectly prepared. My husband loves the clam chowder that never disappoints! Our waiter, Joseph, was fantastic. He was fun, personable, professional- we enjoyed his service. Good waiters are few and far between in Salt Lake area. We topped off with keylime pie and creme brûlée - both yummy and nicely presented! Have been to all Market Street locations in Utah and I think the Oyster Bar at this location is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014My wife and I love this restaurant. The food is always good. The kitchen was a little backed up on this night otherwise the service would have scored higher. It is normally not this slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab DinnercrabloverDined on 2/7/2014I ordered the 1/2 snow crab which was $22. I felt that it was very over priced. I received 4 legs 2 of the legs hardly had any meat in them and the body or top part that the legs are attached to usually has quite a bit of meat in it, but didn't. I should have mentioned this to my waiter but was embarrassed to in front of my company. My husband and friend shared the 3 varieties of crab for $59. He left hungry. I felt for the price we should have received so much more for our money. I have been to restaurants where you can get all you can eat crab legs for $29 with salad, bread, baked potato etc. Overall this restaurant is very overpriced! With just mediocre food.Special Features:
- GarbageDouglasDined on 11/8/2013I've been to market street numerous times, but this was the last. The food was alright once we got it, but the service was garbage. Sadly we will not go back as this place seems to no longer care about its customers, just it's bottom line.
- waitress was rude and unwillingbirthdayVIPDined on 10/31/2013waitress was rude and unwilling to explain questions about our bill we have been to the other locations of this company and always had a nice experience, not so at this location
- Can't go wrong...always aMitchDined on 10/25/2013Can't go wrong...always a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old faithfuleaterVIPDined on 10/15/2013Market street has become one of my goto location for business lunch and dinner. The service and food are consistently (and this is important) outstanding. I brought a client here for lunch, we had the shrimp half pound for appetizer, the clam chowder and then I had the AHI tuna. My client had the fish tacos which he said were very good as well. I will continue to come back as this place just knows how to get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, we had a wonderfulattikasDined on 10/5/2013As always, we had a wonderful time with good food and friends! Went with some friends that had never been there before and they plan on going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market Street experiencemshabestDined on 9/28/2013We utilized Open Table and made a reservation. We arrived at the restaurant and were told they did not have a table ready. We waited for 30 minutes only to be seated in a very noisy section of the restaurant. Service was very poor. Very disappointing as we really like Market Street but will probably not be dining there as much in the future/
- Consistently Fabulous!HonestAbeDined on 9/22/2013One thing that never changes is the excellent service and fabulous food at Market Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my mahi mahi was dry. OurRegisteredNurseVIPDined on 9/18/2013my mahi mahi was dry. Our server gave us a hard time because we weren't ordering desserts, nor did we order appetizers. Was a bit frustratingSpecial Features:
- Best service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2013Our service was the best we have ever had, thanks to Marin! She was the best waitress we have had, she made our dining experience fabulous!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2013We are new to town and Open Table helped us find a great restaurant. Abby was awesome on the phone when we got lost and took the time to guide there. We got perfect service from Nicole from Cincinatti. The seafood omelet was one of the best ever. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceFatimaspxDined on 8/2/2013I worked in restaurant business for a while and I wasn't impress with the food or service at this location, we waited at least an hour from the moment we order to the moment the food arrived to the table just to find that the shrimp and salmon were overlooked a stuffed halibut was only toped with some mix stuffing, and seemed like the servers only cared about the money you are spending instead of caring for making sure you are enjoying your food and having a good experience, we were there because a birthday celebration and that didn't make any difference or matter to our server we won't ever go back.
- Less than fair serviceJessDined on 6/9/2013Disappointed with the service… The food could be mediocre... As long as the service is excellent you always have me as a repeat customer. Not sure if I'll give The oyster bar another chance.... After all, this was not the first time that The oyster bar has less than fair customer service. ** Customer service will make or break any company **
- Sunday brunch is always aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Sunday brunch is always a delight. The food is well prepared, tasty, and properly served. The service is prompt, the staff knows the menu and food well and makes good recommendations, and the atmosphere, although a little loud, is upbeat and enjoyable. We eat there about once a month and always take out of town guests there.Special Features: