Market Street Kitchen
20825 N. Pima Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: 4802787044
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert McGrath
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Market Street Kitchen
Market Street Kitchen offers rustic, urban, market driven cuisine. Newly appointed and acclaimed Executive Chef Matt Taylor is at the helm, using his talents to offer a full-flavored experience. Timeless décor is paired with the western roots of North Scottsdale to create a modern, high-energy establishment that feels comfortable for locals and visitors alike. Rustic materials are applied with a modern appeal from a sandblasted timber ceiling to distressed wood adorning the walls. The all-star culinary team serves a menu of creative Southern style starters, approachable main dishes including Steaks, Seafood & Poultry. Featured at our bar is an exciting selection of Fromage and Charcuterie. Additionally, MSK showcases a wood-fired rotisserie used to roast meats and seafood to their fullest flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Market Street Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Market Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (12)special occasion (12)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Upscale menu and wine listFoodiegalDined on 8/25/2014I really like getting meals that are not easy to make at home - tasty flavors, beautiful presentations, great food pairings; and this fits the bill. Check out their menu on line. The cheese and charcuterie plate was a delicious appetizer to share, and you choose from several cheeses and meats to create a tray with your own favorites (sorry, velveeta and bologna were not choices)! We sat in the bar area at the high top tables next to the windows - it was perfect for a casual, yet upscale dinner. The dining area was lovely, with a more formal setting and softer lighting. The outdoor seating is also nice, when the weather is cooler. It's not cheap, but it's well worth it. It's a fairly small venue, easy parking. You can't go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014The food is over-priced and not worth it. The Mussels were not all open and the server did nothing about it when we complained. The Rotisserie chicken had an odd five-spice powder taste and was burnt. The green chile mac n cheese was disgusting. The service was poor.
- Great findMSBAZVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food is consistently great with a wide array of options, a seasonal menu as well as daily specials. Fantastic service always, a perfect place to go on a date, in a group or with your family.Special Features:
- Market Street Kitchencbd95Dined on 7/27/2014This was my first time and won't be my last. From the hostess opening the door into the establishment, to the waiter's knowledge of the menu taking our order, and eating the delicious food, having the door opened as we exited just phenomenal. This will not be our last time at this beautiful and delectable establishment.Special Features:
- Excellent cuisine; casual settingArizonafoodieDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food with wonderful veggie pairings; I had one of the best seasoned prime rib end cuts in my life (no exaggeration) which they only serve on Fri and Sat. Server was efficient and knowledgeable. Friendliness started with hostess who opened the door when she saw you coming. Menu had great mixture of eclectic plus comfort food. They were willing to change out the side dishes if desired. Extensive wine selection. Upscale but casual, fun atmosphere. Extremely comfortable for a gourmet dinner or as your favorite neighborhood café. Lively atmosphere without being "noisy". Sat at a round table, which I loved, with 5 people so everyone could be part of the conversation. This was our first time here, but will be the start of many visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-so......newtoscottsdaleDined on 7/15/2014Nice atmosphere. We were there pretty early, so not too many people in the dining room. Service was good. Husband had the salmon and really liked it. I had a steak dish (steak frites) that was just ok at best. Might give it one more try, but was not overly impressed. Maybe try happy hour? Not ready to commit to another full dinner yet. Portion sizes were small but adequate. No vegetables served with our meals.Special Features:
- The BestMLGAZVIPDined on 7/6/2014Qnce again, amazing. The cheese platter was incredible. Excellent service and attention to each guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againbrunchbabeDined on 7/6/2014Service was great, but food portions were pitiful. Two ordered omelets which were the smallest I've seen and came with tater tots??!!! No toast/muffin/bread. I had fish tacos......three teeny corn tortillas with maybe 1/2 c. fish split between the three..................for $12.00. Would not return.
- Intimate and RelaxedserenitynowDined on 7/5/2014This was my second visit to Market Street Kitchen and I found everything to be as enjoyable as the first visit. The service was excellent, the food delicious and the environment was relaxed and intimate. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceilvbcnDined on 6/29/2014I went to MSK for my birthday and say at the bar worth my boyfriend. Alex, the bartender, took really great care of us. She was very personable and although she was knew to the job her personality made up for anything she had to ask the back of the house about. The meal was very tasty and we would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodGraceVIPDined on 6/25/2014Our visit was a disapointment. We waited 15 minutes for our wine then waited another 15 for the cheese board. Our food was very good but not worth the wait. Service was pleasent but very slow. Our wine was gone before the cheese board arrivedSpecial Features:
- Mills partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Our server Sean was knowledgeable and provided great service. It was our second visit and we plan on returning. Food, service and atmosphere are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been for a whileColinMDined on 6/2/2014We had visited Market Street Kitchen close to after it first opened. Although good at the time, the menu was limited. I was very happy to see that the menu has been revamped and offers much more variety. The food was great and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value ValueBedwell99VIPDined on 5/24/2014Great food at a great price in a good location. We had a Rombauer Carneros Merlot that was priced just 15 bucks over sale price at a local bottle shop. Steelhead salmon and risotto was top notch.Special Features:
- Attentive serviceVeganDinerDined on 5/23/2014Even our special requests came exactly as ordered. Service is very attentive and our dinners were delicious. Enjoyed a wonderful evening at Market Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Neighborhood RestaurantLuv2travelVIPDined on 5/17/2014We dine here on a regular basis. The food and service is consistently great. I also love decor of the restaurant. When the weather is beautiful great place to dine outside. I also appreciate that they offers lots of gluten free options and menu changes seasonally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PitadogDined on 5/17/2014Great neighborhood spot in DC Ranch. Creative and tasty menu and good wine pairings.Special Features:
- Market Street KitchenBellaDined on 5/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner with our friends at this restaurant. The menu had a nice variety. All four of us ordered something different and everyone enjoyed their meal. We will definitely return to Market Street Kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Evening!LaurainazVIPDined on 5/11/2014Another wonderful evening at this local restaurant. Food and Service was great!Special Features:
- Mother's Day WaitYikesDined on 5/11/2014It took over an hour to get our order, the food was cold and greasy, I had to ask for a refill on my drink 3 times. This is the second time I went to Market Street, the first was good experience so I made a reservation for Mother's Day brunch, and all though the wait staff hostess were very nice, the kitchen seemed overwhelmed with the amount of customers, and the bar had a hard time keeping up with the "bottomless" drinks. I got there at 1:30 and didn't get my food until 2:45, and it was cold, greasy and not very good. I probably won't go back.
- Great ExperienceTuckVIPDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed our 2nd experience here! The service and food was outstanding. Great wine list and nice patio! Would recommend it and the Prime Rib is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent!! This is the best new restaurant we have tried in a while. We had our kids there and were a little nervous bringing them to a new place in DC Ranch, but they had a kids menu and we were very comfortable. Both families and dates were dining well together. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Market Street Kitchen reviews archive.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2014We alway thoroughly enjoy our experience at Market Street Kitchen! The food is delicious, and the service is great!Special Features:
- Awesome find!LaurainazVIPDined on 4/27/2014We were so surprised and happy to find this gem of a restaurant. Food and service outstanding!Special Features:
- Pleasant Market Street OptionnonamesformeVIPDined on 4/26/2014Market Street has a number of very good choices for dining in North Scottsdale. MSK is one of them. Nothing really sets it apart from Armitage or Herb Box--they all have a similar vibe and contemporary menus. Wood, concrete, "adult" (vs. kid friendly) menus, pleasant service. We had a good dinner, nice server, normal prices for the area. The steak was very rare, so tweak your medium rare to medium, if that's an issue. Off-season, they have offered a good deal on their happy hour cheese/meat board with wine--not offered during the busier months.Special Features:
- Good but pricey & small portionsDogulaVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food here is very good, but it is on the pricey side considering the small portions. My wife had the market crudo which was 5 very small pieces of salmon with nothing with it but garnish. This was hardly worth $15. Fish & Chips was $23, I don't care that it was made with Walleye, Walleye doesn't cost that much, I used to catch it back in Michigan. We had a Groupon, so that softened the blow of the prices and portions, but we would only return if we had another Groupon.
- Great Fooddavidg47VIPDined on 4/22/2014Great variety of food choices on the menu. Service was excellent. Dinner was a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance.SpecialKVIPDined on 4/20/2014A hidden gem on Market Street in DC Ranch. The waiter was very attentive and knowledgable about the wine list. Very creative menu.Special Features:
- BrunchHellokittyloverDined on 4/20/2014The food at MSK is very tasty but the service could be better, for example my BF orders tots Everytime we go there & Everytime they give him fries, the point is the servers don't pay attention to detail. We asked for Tabasco they give us ketchup. We will be back because the food is good hopefully we get a better server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamesDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch - nice day for outside dining. Food was good - though portions seem to be shrinking. Seated next to two families with "normal" kids - noisy and high energy - did not make for a peaceful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I dined at Market Street Kitchen for Easter brunch, and our experience was outstanding. The staff was not only attentive but treated us as if we were family. We selected entrees at opposite ends of the culinary spectrum - a MSK burger and veggie tacos - and both were superb. There are some hand-crafted drinks that should not be missed. We're already planning a return visit, this time for dinner. The only discordant note is that OpenTable doesn't offer points for this restaurant, but don't let that deter you. They haven't offered us points for any other dining experience either during the past year, so consider calling the restaurant directly to book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly staffluvgr8foodDined on 4/20/2014Went here for brunch, the staff was welcoming and very friendly and helpful; the food was also very good but for brunch the choices seemed a little limited. There were two of us so we ordered an appetizer and an entrée each then share it all so that worked out well. And the mimosa's were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomthornVIPDined on 4/19/2014Good food and service. Convenient location and nice patio settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meeting spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Met a friend for drinks, then dinner. Everything was paced perfectly. Not rushed, but not ignored either, a good flow.Special Features:
- would returnDianaPDined on 4/19/2014tried out the spot for dinner...the food was good but don't order the pasta dish...its on the "large plate" side of the menu but when it came it was ridiculously small...smaller than a small plate serving...what are they thinking for $18...what a rip The "Wedge" was very good and so was the small plate pork dish!Special Features:
- Need to try again. Did notToolsVIPDined on 4/12/2014Need to try again. Did not like the fish tacos. We could have a conversation which is rare in a restsurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No the best...PartyoffourDined on 4/5/2014Party of four, we all ordered fish. The special was sea bass and was dry and tasted as if it was previously frozen. The salmon and trout were just ok. Not the best by any means. No real draw to come back. The server didn't offer any options when we mentioned the sea bass didn't traste right and was almost offended we mentioned it. No need to try this restaurant again.
- A Winner in DC Ranch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. The menu was quite imaginative; the waiter we had was most helpful with both his menu selection recommendations and his caution that we were ordering too much food based on his knowledge of portion sizes. We will most definitely be returning to this restaurant. The Happy Hour menu is a particularly good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a return visitNevilleNosherVIPDined on 3/30/2014This spot has been home to several restos so it seems to be the Bermuda Triangle of dining. We enjoyed our meal very much so we hope that MSKsurvives. My wife had the fish tacos which were excellent as well as the green pork chili which was very good as well. I had the pork chop which was beautifully cooked and very moist inside.The sweet sauce added a lot of flavor, but the kale kimchi was plain weird. It was very salty and did not enhance the meat. I had fries instead of the grits and they were hot and crispy and very good. I hope that our next experience there is as enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come backGhatmanDined on 3/29/2014We decided to go here on a recent trip to Phoenix. It was about 45 minutes away, but the other restaurants near the hotel were booked. Boy, did we make a good decision. Every thing was fantastic. I am on a gluten free diet and there were several options that were great. The wine list and service were also great. We will definitely come back when we are in Phoenix again and will tell our friends too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.