Market Street Kitchen
20825 N. Pima Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: (480) 278-7044
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert McGrath
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Market Street Kitchen
Market Street Kitchen offers rustic, urban, market driven cuisine. Newly appointed and acclaimed Executive Chef Matt Taylor is at the helm, using his talents to offer a full-flavored experience. Timeless décor is paired with the western roots of North Scottsdale to create a modern, high-energy establishment that feels comfortable for locals and visitors alike. Rustic materials are applied with a modern appeal from a sandblasted timber ceiling to distressed wood adorning the walls. The all-star culinary team serves a menu of creative Southern style starters, approachable main dishes including Steaks, Seafood & Poultry. Featured at our bar is an exciting selection of Fromage and Charcuterie. Additionally, MSK showcases a wood-fired rotisserie used to roast meats and seafood to their fullest flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (12)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- tomthornVIPDined on 11/19/2014Convenient location, good food and nice patio dining spaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad they're now open for lunchAnnaVIPDined on 11/3/2014MSK has been a great place for a really good, casual dinner and for wine/appetizers in the bar; add lunch to the list! 4 of us ordered 3 different items (fish and chips, turkey/brie sandwich and pork in green chili sauce) and we were all very happy with the food, the service and felt it was all very reasonably priced. Too bad the restaurant is not more visible - it suffers from being hidden with DC Ranch so only locals know about it.Special Features:
- Caught them on a bad night?TinaVIPDined on 10/9/2014All previous experiences at MSK have been positive so we will chalk up the poor service and disappointing food to an off night. We should have just ordered all starters as the new chef didn't deliver on the entrees. The place wasn't crowded so why our waitress was trying to rush us along is a mystery.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Saturday BrunchEmilyVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went for brunch and essentially had the place to ourselves. As a result, our server was very attentive (we were his only table!). They have a very yummy flavored green tea, in additional to bottomless mimosa/bloody mary drinks. Food was excellent- clearly made from scratch- and they were willing to accommodate our special requests. We were visiting the area, but would definitely go back if we find ourselves in the area again!Special Features:
- Great experienceKemagirl1Dined on 9/24/2014Fun dining experience with great food and service. The waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and helped us decide what we would enjoy.The food was delicious and portions were perfectSpecial Features:
- great experienceTfedDined on 9/14/2014It is unfortunate as when we go out to full service restaurants we are disappointed by lackluster food or poor service. NOT HERE. Granted it was a Sunday eveing and a little slow and our first time, but the food, service, and overall experience was an A+.Special Features:
- First TimeCollinVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a very good restaurant. Enjoyed everything. Unique wine from the barrel was fun.Special Features:
- Great finddavejen2VIPDined on 9/6/2014Food is excellent with a great and diverse menu of small and large plates. We made a meal of the small plates. Each was very good.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!LocalVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great food and a fun, caring team make for an excellent dining experience every time. We love this place! :)Special Features:
- Upscale menu and wine listFoodiegalDined on 8/25/2014I really like getting meals that are not easy to make at home - tasty flavors, beautiful presentations, great food pairings; and this fits the bill. Check out their menu on line. The cheese and charcuterie plate was a delicious appetizer to share, and you choose from several cheeses and meats to create a tray with your own favorites (sorry, velveeta and bologna were not choices)! We sat in the bar area at the high top tables next to the windows - it was perfect for a casual, yet upscale dinner. The dining area was lovely, with a more formal setting and softer lighting. The outdoor seating is also nice, when the weather is cooler. It's not cheap, but it's well worth it. It's a fairly small venue, easy parking. You can't go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay AwaybefuddledDined on 8/25/2014The food is over-priced and not worth it. The Mussels were not all open and the server did nothing about it when we complained. The Rotisserie chicken had an odd five-spice powder taste and was burnt. The green chile mac n cheese was disgusting. The service was poor.
- Great findMSBAZVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food is consistently great with a wide array of options, a seasonal menu as well as daily specials. Fantastic service always, a perfect place to go on a date, in a group or with your family.Special Features:
- The following 217 reviews are from the Market Street Kitchen reviews archive.
- Market Street Kitchencbd95Dined on 7/27/2014This was my first time and won't be my last. From the hostess opening the door into the establishment, to the waiter's knowledge of the menu taking our order, and eating the delicious food, having the door opened as we exited just phenomenal. This will not be our last time at this beautiful and delectable establishment.Special Features:
- Excellent cuisine; casual settingArizonafoodieDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food with wonderful veggie pairings; I had one of the best seasoned prime rib end cuts in my life (no exaggeration) which they only serve on Fri and Sat. Server was efficient and knowledgeable. Friendliness started with hostess who opened the door when she saw you coming. Menu had great mixture of eclectic plus comfort food. They were willing to change out the side dishes if desired. Extensive wine selection. Upscale but casual, fun atmosphere. Extremely comfortable for a gourmet dinner or as your favorite neighborhood café. Lively atmosphere without being "noisy". Sat at a round table, which I loved, with 5 people so everyone could be part of the conversation. This was our first time here, but will be the start of many visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-so......newtoscottsdaleDined on 7/15/2014Nice atmosphere. We were there pretty early, so not too many people in the dining room. Service was good. Husband had the salmon and really liked it. I had a steak dish (steak frites) that was just ok at best. Might give it one more try, but was not overly impressed. Maybe try happy hour? Not ready to commit to another full dinner yet. Portion sizes were small but adequate. No vegetables served with our meals.Special Features:
- The BestMLGAZVIPDined on 7/6/2014Qnce again, amazing. The cheese platter was incredible. Excellent service and attention to each guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againbrunchbabeDined on 7/6/2014Service was great, but food portions were pitiful. Two ordered omelets which were the smallest I've seen and came with tater tots??!!! No toast/muffin/bread. I had fish tacos......three teeny corn tortillas with maybe 1/2 c. fish split between the three..................for $12.00. Would not return.
- Intimate and RelaxedserenitynowDined on 7/5/2014This was my second visit to Market Street Kitchen and I found everything to be as enjoyable as the first visit. The service was excellent, the food delicious and the environment was relaxed and intimate. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceilvbcnDined on 6/29/2014I went to MSK for my birthday and say at the bar worth my boyfriend. Alex, the bartender, took really great care of us. She was very personable and although she was knew to the job her personality made up for anything she had to ask the back of the house about. The meal was very tasty and we would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodGraceVIPDined on 6/25/2014Our visit was a disapointment. We waited 15 minutes for our wine then waited another 15 for the cheese board. Our food was very good but not worth the wait. Service was pleasent but very slow. Our wine was gone before the cheese board arrivedSpecial Features:
- Mills partyMillsReviewsVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our server Sean was knowledgeable and provided great service. It was our second visit and we plan on returning. Food, service and atmosphere are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been for a whileColinMDined on 6/2/2014We had visited Market Street Kitchen close to after it first opened. Although good at the time, the menu was limited. I was very happy to see that the menu has been revamped and offers much more variety. The food was great and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value ValueBedwell99VIPDined on 5/24/2014Great food at a great price in a good location. We had a Rombauer Carneros Merlot that was priced just 15 bucks over sale price at a local bottle shop. Steelhead salmon and risotto was top notch.Special Features:
- Attentive serviceVeganDinerDined on 5/23/2014Even our special requests came exactly as ordered. Service is very attentive and our dinners were delicious. Enjoyed a wonderful evening at Market Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Neighborhood RestaurantLuv2travelVIPDined on 5/17/2014We dine here on a regular basis. The food and service is consistently great. I also love decor of the restaurant. When the weather is beautiful great place to dine outside. I also appreciate that they offers lots of gluten free options and menu changes seasonally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PitadogDined on 5/17/2014Great neighborhood spot in DC Ranch. Creative and tasty menu and good wine pairings.Special Features:
- Market Street KitchenBellaVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner with our friends at this restaurant. The menu had a nice variety. All four of us ordered something different and everyone enjoyed their meal. We will definitely return to Market Street Kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Evening!LaurainazVIPDined on 5/11/2014Another wonderful evening at this local restaurant. Food and Service was great!Special Features:
- Mother's Day WaitYikesDined on 5/11/2014It took over an hour to get our order, the food was cold and greasy, I had to ask for a refill on my drink 3 times. This is the second time I went to Market Street, the first was good experience so I made a reservation for Mother's Day brunch, and all though the wait staff hostess were very nice, the kitchen seemed overwhelmed with the amount of customers, and the bar had a hard time keeping up with the "bottomless" drinks. I got there at 1:30 and didn't get my food until 2:45, and it was cold, greasy and not very good. I probably won't go back.
- Great ExperienceTuckVIPDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed our 2nd experience here! The service and food was outstanding. Great wine list and nice patio! Would recommend it and the Prime Rib is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent!! This is the best new restaurant we have tried in a while. We had our kids there and were a little nervous bringing them to a new place in DC Ranch, but they had a kids menu and we were very comfortable. Both families and dates were dining well together. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2014We alway thoroughly enjoy our experience at Market Street Kitchen! The food is delicious, and the service is great!Special Features:
- Awesome find!LaurainazVIPDined on 4/27/2014We were so surprised and happy to find this gem of a restaurant. Food and service outstanding!Special Features:
- Pleasant Market Street OptionnonamesformeVIPDined on 4/26/2014Market Street has a number of very good choices for dining in North Scottsdale. MSK is one of them. Nothing really sets it apart from Armitage or Herb Box--they all have a similar vibe and contemporary menus. Wood, concrete, "adult" (vs. kid friendly) menus, pleasant service. We had a good dinner, nice server, normal prices for the area. The steak was very rare, so tweak your medium rare to medium, if that's an issue. Off-season, they have offered a good deal on their happy hour cheese/meat board with wine--not offered during the busier months.Special Features:
- Good but pricey & small portionsDogulaVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food here is very good, but it is on the pricey side considering the small portions. My wife had the market crudo which was 5 very small pieces of salmon with nothing with it but garnish. This was hardly worth $15. Fish & Chips was $23, I don't care that it was made with Walleye, Walleye doesn't cost that much, I used to catch it back in Michigan. We had a Groupon, so that softened the blow of the prices and portions, but we would only return if we had another Groupon.
- Great Fooddavidg47VIPDined on 4/22/2014Great variety of food choices on the menu. Service was excellent. Dinner was a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance.SpecialKVIPDined on 4/20/2014A hidden gem on Market Street in DC Ranch. The waiter was very attentive and knowledgable about the wine list. Very creative menu.Special Features:
- BrunchHellokittyloverVIPDined on 4/20/2014The food at MSK is very tasty but the service could be better, for example my BF orders tots Everytime we go there & Everytime they give him fries, the point is the servers don't pay attention to detail. We asked for Tabasco they give us ketchup. We will be back because the food is good hopefully we get a better server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamesDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch - nice day for outside dining. Food was good - though portions seem to be shrinking. Seated next to two families with "normal" kids - noisy and high energy - did not make for a peaceful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I dined at Market Street Kitchen for Easter brunch, and our experience was outstanding. The staff was not only attentive but treated us as if we were family. We selected entrees at opposite ends of the culinary spectrum - a MSK burger and veggie tacos - and both were superb. There are some hand-crafted drinks that should not be missed. We're already planning a return visit, this time for dinner. The only discordant note is that OpenTable doesn't offer points for this restaurant, but don't let that deter you. They haven't offered us points for any other dining experience either during the past year, so consider calling the restaurant directly to book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.