Market Street Grill - South Jordan
10702 South Riverfront Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Grill - South Jordan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ginc.com/riverpark_grill/index.html
- Phone: (801) 302-2262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:40pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Rudkin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi-private dining room for up to 50 guests that is available by advance reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Monae Madson 8013022262x
A word from Market Street Grill - South Jordan
The Cape Cod exterior at the Market Street Grill in South Jordan sets the mood for exceptional seafood dining. Guests enter a spacious lobby that houses a fish market. The restaurant and market offer a tantalizing selection of fresh seafood from around the world. Also available are delicious desserts and Market Street’s famous clam chowder.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Market Street Grill - South Jordan - Best Restaurants in South Jordan ›
Market Street Grill - South Jordan reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)great for lunch (19)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sunday BrunchJeangoDined on 11/9/2014This is a great place for a laid back delicious brunch. The seafood omelette was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitresswaitressDined on 11/8/2014Are waitress was not the best. She messed up are order twice and my wife asked for med well prime rib and twice we asked her to it returned to be put on the flattop for a little more cook, but with no response from her. I think for now on we will go up on the east bench location
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Very good consistent restaurant. Service was very good. Server suggestions were excellent. Food is always high quality. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodTugBoatDined on 11/1/2014This place was pretty good. The food was enjoyable and the people were kind. My only issue was that even though we had a reservation, we had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. We showed up on time, so that was a bit frustrating. The waitstaff was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & ServiceSeafoodYumDined on 10/18/2014We went with 4 adults, and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, and our server was so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the declinePSLiberatoreDined on 10/10/2014The food was good. the service was terrible. The waiter did not take drink orders when asked to. He did not get the orders correct. One of the main dishes came out wrong and at the end of the meal. Not acceptable for a $50/ per head dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Great service!!!!!!!!! Food was the best---we brought out of state guests and they loved it also. The service was the best--A++.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Made reservation on October 4, 2014. When we arrived we did noticed a piece of paper taped to the window. We were sat and asked if we would like something to drink. My wife ordered wine and was told that their liquor licence was suspended and that if we wanted a drink we would need to go next door to the Oyster Bar. The food is the same and it was very good. However I wanted a little calmer atmosphere instead it was more like a sports bar. Plus we had to wait for an open table after making reservations. Instead of posting the lack of alcohol on side doors they should have posted on the main door and even had the hostess mention it before sitting us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Service!EmilyWDined on 9/26/2014I made a reservation for 6 and they seated us on the oyster bar side. The service & our waitress were horrible. The food is always pretty good but we were ignored while our waitress chatted with the table next to us. I don't know if it had to do with we didn't order alcohol....but it's too bad for the waitress. My brother in law is a heart surgeon who is known for leaving hundred dollar tips for good service. If you want a fun evening with friends with good service do not go to market street.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014I have been to Market Street Grill on many occasions - But this visit was perfect - Great food - and a great waitress. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- experienceluv2eatoutDined on 9/13/2014We had an overall good experience but the service was a little slow-friendly though.Special Features:
- WorkDined on 9/10/2014Very comfortable yet quite noisy. Food was excellent especially the clam chowder soup. But then you are well known for that. Will definitely visit again for the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I love this place, but my salmon, (the early bird special) was dry. The mashed potato's and the clam chowder were very good however. The salad my wife had was also dry and not very good.Special Features:
- Recent DinnerRandyCVIPDined on 9/4/2014Invited some business associates dinner and almost everything was as good as usual but the cedar planked salmon was a mistake. The salmon was very dry and over-cooked. Not up to the usual standards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatDinner4twoDined on 9/3/2014Quality good, service good, portions average, value average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alergic peepsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014A good friend of myn that was dinning with us is suverly alergic to shell fish. We informed our waiter, she in turn informed the manager and kitchen staff. The manager then visited our table to confirm that all people were aware and not to worrie. The attention to detail was bar none. We had a fabulous dinning experience. We will be returning in the future. Thank you ~ JamieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and suggestionsBobBVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went with daughter - wanted me to try Osters.. Waiter picked a few for us to try.. Halibut excellent also..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! Like alwaysJimKDined on 8/27/2014It is always a good experience. The quality of the food and drinks plus the excellent service (Kat was great)Special Features:
- Hungry for HalibutAniversaryDined on 8/27/2014We had the Special ...Halibut was over cooked rice very dry wine and service excellent. I have had better Halibut at skippers and it didn't cost $40.00 dollarsSpecial Features:
- Really nice, except . . .JimEDined on 8/10/2014This is a great restaurant; we've eaten there numerous times. This time, however, the waiter accidentally tipped a glass of red wine onto our table, all over us, the food, etc. A real mess. Ok, these things happen, we didn't get upset, the waiter was extremely apologetic. Disappointed by management response: the manager handed us his card, said to get our clothes dry cleaned then bring him the bill. That's it. No offer to comp even the replacement glass of wine, let alone something like a comp dessert, or (if I were the manager) comp the entire meal. It was like he'd never experienced this before. Really?? Surely a high-end restaurant like this should have a POLICY on how to handle such incidents, but there was no evidence of it here.Special Features:
- DekeDined on 7/26/2014Great seafood! Always a great dining experience. Good Service and a reasonable price for the quality of food served. A favorite of ours for special occasions.Special Features:
- The following 293 reviews are from the Market Street Grill - South Jordan reviews archive.
- Good foodKatshrnkDined on 7/17/2014We enjoy this restaurant frequently. It has good food, the service is great, and usually we can get in and out fairly quickly. We we t for our fiftieth wedding anniversary and a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Always Very Good!OBI1Dined on 7/14/2014Market Street Grill is always very good. Have eaten at all four the Grills in the SL valley and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Great waiterdineatnightDined on 7/11/2014He was so outgoing and help. A joy to interface with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeMilobloomDined on 7/1/2014Had a great experience with Market Stree Grill in S. Jordan. Our server was Bobby who was top notch, always there to take care of an issue, never over-bearing. Food was a 10 and I definitely feel it was worth the moneySpecial Features:
- SonnyDined on 6/23/2014Our waiter was very good natured. The food was great! I have always enjoyed Market Street Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad HalibutNever2Dined on 6/18/2014The Halibut is overpriced for the serving. Bitter tasting batter on the Halibut; brown rice was cold; the bread was hard. The only plus to the dinner was the Clam Chowder.
- Delicious, as usual!ParkCitySkiMomDined on 6/15/2014This place is a real gem. It consistently has great food and specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Elegant Place on the West SideSegoLilyDined on 6/15/2014The west side of the Salt Lake valley is a national chain restaurant wonderland. Thank goodness for the Market Street Grill. It has a fresh, airy decor and is local. The oysters on the half shell are great. Breakfast is great. The chowder is delicious, but unduly caloric. Too bad this restaurant is largely in a parking lot and I never observed outdoor dining, but I may be wrong.Special Features:
- Not impressedFrosty1701Dined on 6/14/2014Usually visit on special occasions, but I must say that the food was mediocre, service was alright but the waiter kept forgetting things. Brussel sprouts were as hard as marbles. Might take a lot to get us back. We've crossed it off our list if places to go.Special Features:
- DougDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and it was a great choice. Loved the whole experience.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!RhaspberryDined on 6/7/2014Fantastic Food. We had the Crab stuffed Halibut. It was heavenly!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiencethejudesDined on 5/24/2014We've eaten here quite a few times and have never been disappointed. The service is always friendly and quick and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Best crab in UtahkateDined on 5/19/2014My husband lives for good king crab, so for his birthday I wanted to take him somewhere that would blow his mind. I searched for restaurants that served the best crab, and Market Street Grill kept coming up. I had never been there, but I decided to give it a try. Our server was amazing, the atmosphere is nice (although I wish there was more separation between tables - we felt like we were staring at the other people because there are no partitions), and the food was excellent. We had the oysters, tilapia, crab cakes, clam chowder, and king crab. My husband said the oysters and king crab were the best he's ever had, and the legs were HUGE! He could only eat one and we took the 2nd home to eat later. I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to their usual standardHermanDined on 5/16/2014This is usually a great place. I have been there many times. In the past the food and service were excellent. They ware not this last time. I ordered the prime rib, in no small part because I had the best prime rib I have ever had at that restaurant during a previous visit. But this time the prime rib was just OK. The service was also just also less that I have received in the past. The waiter was slow to respond. He has a strange odor about him. And when he spilled a drink all over the table, the best he could say was, "Sorry about that." The manager never came to see us either, which is supposed to be customary in all restaurants. I may go there again. But it will be because of positive past experiences, not this past visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!SuperbDined on 5/11/2014Special Mothers Day Outing. Both my wife and I enjoyed the meal. Waiter was very helpful. Gracious and helpful. He gave his recommendations to my Wife and she picked the stuffed Halibet. Before he had taken our orders, she had decided on a different meal. I had the Prime Rib and it was GREAT! Could have eaten it with a fork. I asked him to leave the horse radish off, and he gave me extra Au Jus. Could not have asked for better service. Unfortunately we do not remember his name, but we will try to get him the next time we go there. His offer of Creme Boule was just the right ending to a perfect meal. I can't remember the last time we were treated so well by a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodNoairsDined on 4/22/2014I'm not into your categories above. I just like friendly place to have a nice dinner - the food is the most important. I lived most of my life in Alaska and consider myself sort of a seafood expert. Seafood has to be prepared properly or it's ruined. I've eaten many times at market street grill and never been disappointed. This time we let them know we were going to the theater and needed to be out in an hour. They were very accommodating. We had a great meal, never felt rushed, but we made our goal with a minute or two to spare. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been in a while, but good!DfromSLCDined on 4/19/2014Definitely would return. We had not been in a while, so we decided to give it a try again. Definitely much slower than it was the last time we were here, but it was Easter weekend. The food was great. Got the 9oz Filet and Alaskan Halibut. If you've been here before, you know the Potatoes Au Gratin are a must!!! Overall, was a good experience and would return. We spent $130 w/tips, alcohol, and dessert for the 2 of us in case your looking to budget.Special Features:
- top notchTeresaDined on 4/18/2014Market Street has the best seafood in the state. It is just aa good as a reputable seafood restaurant on the coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExperienceMerv52Dined on 4/12/2014This is a favorite of our family, we love the food and service is always great. Will see us there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.