Market Street Grill - South Jordan
10702 South Riverfront Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Grill - South Jordan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ginc.com/riverpark_grill/index.html
- Phone: 8013022262x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:40pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Rudkin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi-private dining room for up to 50 guests that is available by advance reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Monae Madson 8013022262x
A word from Market Street Grill - South Jordan
The Cape Cod exterior at the Market Street Grill in South Jordan sets the mood for exceptional seafood dining. Guests enter a spacious lobby that houses a fish market. The restaurant and market offer a tantalizing selection of fresh seafood from around the world. Also available are delicious desserts and Market Street’s famous clam chowder.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Street Grill - South Jordan reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)great for lunch (22)good for groups (20)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (10)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Excellent Service and suggestionsBobBVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went with daughter - wanted me to try Osters.. Waiter picked a few for us to try.. Halibut excellent also..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! Like alwaysJimKDined on 8/27/2014It is always a good experience. The quality of the food and drinks plus the excellent service (Kat was great)Special Features:
- Hungry for HalibutAniversaryDined on 8/27/2014We had the Special ...Halibut was over cooked rice very dry wine and service excellent. I have had better Halibut at skippers and it didn't cost $40.00 dollarsSpecial Features:
- Really nice, except . . .JimEDined on 8/10/2014This is a great restaurant; we've eaten there numerous times. This time, however, the waiter accidentally tipped a glass of red wine onto our table, all over us, the food, etc. A real mess. Ok, these things happen, we didn't get upset, the waiter was extremely apologetic. Disappointed by management response: the manager handed us his card, said to get our clothes dry cleaned then bring him the bill. That's it. No offer to comp even the replacement glass of wine, let alone something like a comp dessert, or (if I were the manager) comp the entire meal. It was like he'd never experienced this before. Really?? Surely a high-end restaurant like this should have a POLICY on how to handle such incidents, but there was no evidence of it here.Special Features:
- DekeDined on 7/26/2014Great seafood! Always a great dining experience. Good Service and a reasonable price for the quality of food served. A favorite of ours for special occasions.Special Features:
- Good foodKatshrnkDined on 7/17/2014We enjoy this restaurant frequently. It has good food, the service is great, and usually we can get in and out fairly quickly. We we t for our fiftieth wedding anniversary and a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Always Very Good!OBI1Dined on 7/14/2014Market Street Grill is always very good. Have eaten at all four the Grills in the SL valley and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Great waiterdineatnightDined on 7/11/2014He was so outgoing and help. A joy to interface with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeMilobloomDined on 7/1/2014Had a great experience with Market Stree Grill in S. Jordan. Our server was Bobby who was top notch, always there to take care of an issue, never over-bearing. Food was a 10 and I definitely feel it was worth the moneySpecial Features:
- SonnyDined on 6/23/2014Our waiter was very good natured. The food was great! I have always enjoyed Market Street Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad HalibutNever2Dined on 6/18/2014The Halibut is overpriced for the serving. Bitter tasting batter on the Halibut; brown rice was cold; the bread was hard. The only plus to the dinner was the Clam Chowder.
- Delicious, as usual!ParkCitySkiMomDined on 6/15/2014This place is a real gem. It consistently has great food and specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Elegant Place on the West SideSegoLilyDined on 6/15/2014The west side of the Salt Lake valley is a national chain restaurant wonderland. Thank goodness for the Market Street Grill. It has a fresh, airy decor and is local. The oysters on the half shell are great. Breakfast is great. The chowder is delicious, but unduly caloric. Too bad this restaurant is largely in a parking lot and I never observed outdoor dining, but I may be wrong.Special Features:
- Not impressedFrosty1701Dined on 6/14/2014Usually visit on special occasions, but I must say that the food was mediocre, service was alright but the waiter kept forgetting things. Brussel sprouts were as hard as marbles. Might take a lot to get us back. We've crossed it off our list if places to go.Special Features:
- DougDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and it was a great choice. Loved the whole experience.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!RhaspberryDined on 6/7/2014Fantastic Food. We had the Crab stuffed Halibut. It was heavenly!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiencethejudesDined on 5/24/2014We've eaten here quite a few times and have never been disappointed. The service is always friendly and quick and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Best crab in UtahkateDined on 5/19/2014My husband lives for good king crab, so for his birthday I wanted to take him somewhere that would blow his mind. I searched for restaurants that served the best crab, and Market Street Grill kept coming up. I had never been there, but I decided to give it a try. Our server was amazing, the atmosphere is nice (although I wish there was more separation between tables - we felt like we were staring at the other people because there are no partitions), and the food was excellent. We had the oysters, tilapia, crab cakes, clam chowder, and king crab. My husband said the oysters and king crab were the best he's ever had, and the legs were HUGE! He could only eat one and we took the 2nd home to eat later. I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to their usual standardHermanDined on 5/16/2014This is usually a great place. I have been there many times. In the past the food and service were excellent. They ware not this last time. I ordered the prime rib, in no small part because I had the best prime rib I have ever had at that restaurant during a previous visit. But this time the prime rib was just OK. The service was also just also less that I have received in the past. The waiter was slow to respond. He has a strange odor about him. And when he spilled a drink all over the table, the best he could say was, "Sorry about that." The manager never came to see us either, which is supposed to be customary in all restaurants. I may go there again. But it will be because of positive past experiences, not this past visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!SuperbDined on 5/11/2014Special Mothers Day Outing. Both my wife and I enjoyed the meal. Waiter was very helpful. Gracious and helpful. He gave his recommendations to my Wife and she picked the stuffed Halibet. Before he had taken our orders, she had decided on a different meal. I had the Prime Rib and it was GREAT! Could have eaten it with a fork. I asked him to leave the horse radish off, and he gave me extra Au Jus. Could not have asked for better service. Unfortunately we do not remember his name, but we will try to get him the next time we go there. His offer of Creme Boule was just the right ending to a perfect meal. I can't remember the last time we were treated so well by a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 278 reviews are from the Market Street Grill - South Jordan reviews archive.
- Great seafoodNoairsDined on 4/22/2014I'm not into your categories above. I just like friendly place to have a nice dinner - the food is the most important. I lived most of my life in Alaska and consider myself sort of a seafood expert. Seafood has to be prepared properly or it's ruined. I've eaten many times at market street grill and never been disappointed. This time we let them know we were going to the theater and needed to be out in an hour. They were very accommodating. We had a great meal, never felt rushed, but we made our goal with a minute or two to spare. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been in a while, but good!DfromSLCDined on 4/19/2014Definitely would return. We had not been in a while, so we decided to give it a try again. Definitely much slower than it was the last time we were here, but it was Easter weekend. The food was great. Got the 9oz Filet and Alaskan Halibut. If you've been here before, you know the Potatoes Au Gratin are a must!!! Overall, was a good experience and would return. We spent $130 w/tips, alcohol, and dessert for the 2 of us in case your looking to budget.Special Features:
- top notchTeresaDined on 4/18/2014Market Street has the best seafood in the state. It is just aa good as a reputable seafood restaurant on the coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExperienceMerv52Dined on 4/12/2014This is a favorite of our family, we love the food and service is always great. Will see us there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never disappointsDiningoutDined on 4/11/2014Been going to market street for years,never had anything but wonderful meals. Regular lunch patron, have been taking family groups more. First quality food and service. We especially enjoyed the early bird specials. Good food at a more affordable price for a family. I highly recommend this series of restaurants.Special Features:
- ServiceMikeDined on 4/11/2014Great Food. The server was very slow to bring us drink and our orderSpecial Features:
- Sunday brunchscottobgDined on 4/6/2014No valet service. Parking was near and plentiful, however I was taking my elderly Mother to brunch and it was raining; valet would have been nice. I was a little taken back by the casual crowd and all the kids; felt more like a Denny's. Located in an office park, no views. Looks like a good spot for a business lunch. Cocktails were good, food was fair.Special Features:
- great foodbusinessgirlDined on 4/4/2014This was a great place to meet for a business meeting. The good was delicious.Special Features:
- Market Street Grill is GoodbrentVIPDined on 3/29/2014We didn't have an amazing meal, but we had a good time with good food and a nice atmosphere.
- Great Birthday ExperienceHarleymanDined on 3/29/2014We always celebrate our birthdays at Market Street Grill. Not only do we get a free dinner every year, but the food and the service are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab FestivalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014I dine here frequently. On this occasion we had a group of 6. Make sure you make a reservation on weekends, or you should expect to wait. We made one luckily and were taken immediately to our table. We all had crab legs and they were delicious and huge as always. Service seemed a bit slow but it was a busy night, and we didnt have anywhere to be so we just enjoyed the company and our wine. We love this place and if you love crab legs I would definitely recommend a visit during crab festival!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood we have had...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Since moving from Seattle this was the best seafood we have had. My wife loves clam chowder and said this was the second best chowder she has ever tasted. I've never been to a restaurant where you ask the waitresses option ink and she gives it and was dead on. She recommended the blackberry lemon aid and usually I am not a black berry fan, she said try it and if I didn't like it she would switch it out. It was amazing. Everyone at the table tried it and agreed. There wasn't anything she recommended that wasn't as good as she claimed. A little on the expensive side for the average person but well worth it. The waitress Missy was truly amazing she is only there on weekends and you can't help but appreciate her. If you go ask for her table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Every thing we ordered was amazingly fresh and exceptionally prepared...as always. Our waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, witty and pleasantly fun. Keep-up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- save your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Waitress didn't return with coffee even with three requests. Menu was misleading. Tab was over $200 and when the waitress asked if we liked our key lime pie and we said "no" she didn't seem to care or try to make it better for us she just offered a box to take the pie we didn't want home.
- Service was excellentBobBVIPDined on 3/9/2014Jeff was great and made things great. The Crab was really good and we had a nice time.Special Features:
- We walked in at a really busyttbug48Dined on 3/8/2014We walked in at a really busy time at night (7p on Saturday) and waited to speak with someone at the podium. They saw we had a reservation and sat us immediately. The service was great, the food was fantastic. My only regret is that I was too full to try the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night, waiter not attentiveRegularDined on 3/7/2014We had dinner with four friends. It was a Friday night, kind of busy. It took about ten minutes fior our waiter to say hello and bring water. He continued this pattern the entire meal, just taking a long time to take our order. We waited over 20 minutes to get our check as well. We had reservations at 7 pm and we didn't leave until almost 10 pm. We will stick to Cottonwood.Special Features:
- No need to go uptownDragon65Dined on 3/5/2014Avoid the long drive. No need to go uptown. great seafood right in South JordanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but overpricedJLDCEOVIPDined on 3/5/2014The food is always good at MSG. The service usually outstanding, but always good. The menu diverse and interesting. The prices, unfortunately, are excessive. I took a colleague to dinner and we spent over $100 on two appetizers, two mains, and two sodas. No booze and no dessert. Fine dining in SLC costs less that this and this is no where near fine dining. I recommend MSG, but only if you have multiple people with diverse cravings for seafood. They will serve this need well.
- Nice BreakfastBobBVIPDined on 3/2/2014Had the Eggs Benidict and it was Good - Liked the Rolls that came with it. Service was goodSpecial Features: