Market Street Grill - Cottonwood
2985 East Cottonwood Pkwy.
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Grill - Cottonwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://marketstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 8019428860x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bill McArthur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Market Street Grill - Cottonwood
In 2000, Gastronomy opened it"s first location outside of downtown Salt Lake City. Located in the southern part of the city, the Market Street Grill and Oyster Bar Cottonwood were Gastronomy's first restaurants built from the ground up. Serving the same delicious fresh seafood and tender steaks that you have come to enjoy at our other Market Street locations, but with stunning views of the Wasatch mountains, our Cottonwood location also features a Fresh Fish Market and spectacular patio dining. Private dining facilities include our Creekside Private Rooms, the Garden Court adjacent to Big Cottonwood Creek,and extraordinary Roof Top Dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Market Street Grill - Cottonwood - Best Restaurants in Cottonwood Heights ›
Market Street Grill - Cottonwood reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (33)great for lunch (26)good for groups (26)great for brunch (24)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Impressive Business DinnerTomcat88VIPDined on 9/17/2014A group of 6 of us enjoyed the evening outside on deck....several from out of town. Each of us tried a different entrée and shared several of them. The area provided plenty of room for a relaxed party atmosphere and permitted all to exchange discussions and comical stories. All the food was excellent and the service great.Special Features:
- Outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Love enjoying dinner outside during the end of summer at marketstreet, but there is not table lighting especially for the second outdoor dining area that drops down several stairs. We could not see our food or eachother. Maybe some candles or even the umbrella lighting would be fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Change a Good RecipeLucyeatsDined on 9/12/2014The halibut fish and chips has always been one of my favorites and I've ordered it quite often. The batter for the fish has changed and it's not nearly as good. It used to be light and airy, Now it's thick and such a heavy coating for the fish that that delicate flavor of the halibut if all but lost.Special Features:
- No More!TonyDined on 9/12/2014I have been to this restuarant maybe 8-10 times over the last 8 years and it has seemingly slid slowly towards the point of becoming very over priced for what seems to be very mediocre food. This last visit had the added misfortune of terribly slow service, we were never offered a drinks list and food was extraordinarily slow to arrive at the table. No mas!
- A quiet, relaxing dinnerCleoDined on 9/5/2014I took advantage of a gift card to treat myself to a quiet evening where I could enjoy the beautiful Utah mountain scenery with a glass of wine and some delicious food. It was thoroughly enjoyable. I know I'll be back. The only thing that kept my visit from being 100% perfect was that I had wanted an outdoor table, but after waiting for half an hour for one to become available I finally settled on eating inside. Obviously I wasn't the only one who wanted to take advantage of the lovely warm evening. But the windows inside were tall and wide and I was still able to enjoy the sun setting on the mountains and then the moon coming up over them. Inside or out, it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market Street Grillgr8seafoodDined on 9/4/2014This was one of my late husband's favorite places. We ate our meal his style "lots of appetizers, seafood chowder,full meal, great bread, topped off with dessert". He would have approved. It also would have been our 50th wedding anniversary and somehow being there made it seem like he was there.....at least in spirit.Special Features:
- My Choice for Restaurant in SLC UTdcarter888Dined on 9/3/2014The only place to go where you know seafood is fresh. Reasonable pricing given how much food prices have risen. Friendly staff. It was beautiful evening so we chose outdoor dining. Inside music too loud & would have been difficult for conversation. When I'm dining out for special occasion or entertaining out of town guests I go to Market Street Grill. Added plus casual dress ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceServerDined on 8/27/2014Our server Leif demonstrated exceptional service. He shared his insights on recommendations. His vibe was very fitting for the atmoshpere. I feel that he deserves this recognition for enhancing our visit to your wonderful hideaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, fantastic service!!Dine4twoDined on 8/23/2014Easy to make a reservation, our server service was wonderful. Love the food and wine!!! Will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expereincewichitapeteDined on 8/23/2014Came with my wife and 3 kids for our 12 anniversary. We had a filet and crab legs which my wife loved, I had halibut fish and chip that were the best and the kids loved the cheese ravioli and kept saying they wanted to come back. Overall a great experience and I would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood loverpaddyobieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always great seafood at Market Street Grill if that is your thing!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerRyan148Dined on 8/13/2014Sign up for their frequent dinner card and you will get a free meal every year for your birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014fun restaurant. servers are great but they need to put a smile on their facesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mark MaxonGoodtimeDined on 8/8/2014A nice establishment overall. As usual the food was prepared well. The service was not what I've grown accustomed to. Unfortunately, each time I return it is a reminder that the pricing exceeds the value. I think they need to remember that there are other options available. For now, I'll likely return from time to time, just not in my top 10 list of destinations.Special Features:
- boisepeopleboisepeopleDined on 8/7/2014We have a family reunion in Salt Lake and have been coming to the Market Street Grill for years. Never consider anyplace else. Have also come there many times when we are in town visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Issueswoneill07Dined on 8/4/2014Considering the menu, expecting a more formal dinning experience. Our service was rushed, table was not cleared before entrees were served and the wait staff simply yelled questions/requests to us as our group of 8 was in the middle of discussions. Would not recommend for business dinners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I take all my guest who visit SLC to the Market Street Grill or Oyster Bar due to the fact, the food is amazing, view is awesome and the service is impeccalbe. I have been in Customer Service Management for over 25 years and whom ever conducts the training for the servers , my hats off to.... We want to Thank Will who was our server last Saturday.. He is professional, charming and made the evening special for my Mom and her friend. You have a very loyal cusotmer and I look foward to my next visit.. Sincerely, DeborahSpecial Features:
- High price, poor quality foodDissapointingDined on 8/2/2014The prices for the food you get were way way too high. The shrimp appetizer looked and tasted like it came out of a can and was tiny. The "mixed green salad" was small containing the cores of Iceberg Lettuce, only 2 slices of cucumber and 2 cherry tomatoes. Not what I would consider a mixed green salad. The clam chowder was bland and too watery. The french fries that came with the entree were the thin economy style that you can buy at the grocery store. The prime rib was over cooked and tasted bland. The fried halibut however, was amazing with superb moist halibut and very crunchy tempura batter. The food prices say "high class good quality restaurant", but the food and the atmosphere say "ha ha sucker!"
- Top Ten in Town!1discerningdinerDined on 7/31/2014Market Street Grill is my top choice of restaurants in SLC, whether it's at Cottonwood, Riverton, up by the U or downtown. The food is consistently well prepared and is delicious. The sourdough bread is always special, and I haven't eaten better clam chowder or had a fresher dinner salad. I take friends and family there whenever possible. I recommend making reservations to avoid a long wait at peak times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Fair ServicePinkShelleyBeanDined on 7/29/2014We visited this restaurant for a business dinner, there were six of us attending on a Tuesday evening. We were set at the table very quickly, but waited five minutes before the server even arrived to take our drink order. The server kept forgetting our drinks and other requests. Luckily we were all having great conversation and the lack of service was not as bad as it could have been. The food was excellent, the chef ever disappoints. I would recommend this for a lunch and not a dinner. Our dinner took 2 1/2 hours, so do not go there if you are pressed for time.Special Features:
- It was a dark and stormy night.MichaelDined on 7/28/2014It was a dark and stormy night. Well it wasn't so dark but it was stormy, we got there at about 5:30 pm so it was great that you have a place to drop off my wife close to the door while I parked the car. We had reservations which was nice and there was no waiting to get seated. The service and the food was very good. You don't ask if the restaurant was clean, it was. You don't ask if the menu prices were a consideration in our choice to choose your restaurant, it was. It was nice to see your menu and prices online before we came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service just okFFGSLCDined on 7/24/2014One of my favorite places. For the first the service was fair at best. Took a long time to get the waiter there. But he did an ok job after. Seemed frustrated. Food good as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The salmon and tuna were excellent. The vegetables were covered in too much salt and butter. The bread was a little dry. The clam chowder tasted great but I was lacking actual clams. My wife had a mixed green salad that she described as gross. It was Iceberg lettuce with few vegetables slathered with dressing. She left most of it on her plate. The ambiance and service were very nice.
- Great servicePleezaDined on 7/16/2014Great service. Appetizers were great. Main courses were ok. Great ambiance, nice view from where we were seated. Atmosphere for comfortable and inviting.Special Features:
- Had to leave -we had no server!!foodeeeeDined on 7/12/2014After checking in, we had to wait 5 minutes for our table. They asked if we'd like to be in or out. We said in because it was one of those 100+ days. After 5 min the took us to an outdoor patio table. Okay, we decided to laugh a little and roll with it. We sat at our outdoor table For 20 minutes and never saw or heard from a server. Because we had pre purchased tickets for a movie, and because the other guests were looking equally neglected and upset, we had to leave. I have to admit this is a first for this restaurant. They are usually on top of things. Next time we will try the south Jordan market street.Special Features:
- Freshness!burrolvrDined on 7/11/2014If you want fresh fish, this is the place in Salt Lake to get it. Our waitress was very attentive, and made my husband's birthday that much more! Great Caprese salad, and shrimp to start with. Our group had a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:
- Patio dining not availablepatiodinerloverDined on 7/10/2014It seems like every summer when we want to dine on the beautiful patio, it is closed. We understand there are times when it is actually raining or too windy, but the manager here seems to close the patio down just because of a forecast of isolated showers. When we arrived, it was sunny with just a few clouds. We had made reservations for the patio, but the manager said it was closed due to weather. He was quite abrupt and the waiter said they actually like it when the patio is closed because it's cooler for them inside. They were not very customer oriented in our opinion and could take a lesson from Tuscany but not listening to weathermen who are wrong 50% of the time at least and just looking up at the sky! Install misters for coolnessSpecial Features:
- Started the day off right!EasterDiner1Dined on 7/6/2014Market Street Cottonwood is located in a beautiful setting with mountain views. We started the day off right! The breakfast food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFrequentcustomerDined on 7/4/2014Out server was very nice and well informed on the menus choices.Special Features:
- Great salmonEpicureanloverDined on 7/4/2014As good as I remember. We both had chowder, salmon, fresh veggies, and rice. Perfectly prepared. Really good bottle of Chardonnay. We will definitely go there again when in SLC. This location is a bite tricky to find, do to road work on adjacent street.Special Features:
- DeliciousDisappointedVIPDined on 6/30/2014My Mother and I decided to dine here for the steak and seafood. My filet minon was on the salty side but cooked to perfection and my Mom's prime rib was also excellent. The veggies and rice were well cooked but unseasoned. The clam chowder was creamy and well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a success for our celebrationPartypooperDined on 6/28/2014It was my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. They love surf n turf so we picked market street. They had 1 server for 4 tables in our area. Rather than asking if the person wanted to substitute the veggie or pay the extra $5 for 4 sprigs of asparagus no information was given. My parents surf and turf were cold, my sisters halibut was breaded instead of grilled 2 orders of prime rib came out twice over cooked, my husbands steak was cold and flavorless. Luckily the rest of our party was a success but everyone says "except for the dinner" the party was amazing. My husband and I visited about a month ago and his halibut was so greasy he couldn't finish if. Unfortunately we have not had good experiences recently.
- A FaveLindseyDined on 6/25/2014Must get their clam chowder...the best of the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014We've always enjoyed Markey Street but were disappointed at last dinner. They had no idea how to make a Vodka Collins, the crab-stuffed mushrooms had no crab (just bread crumbs and cheese, for $12!). The service was OK, but just OK. Thankfully, the entrees were better but not enough to create a desire to return for dinner. Even their signature clam chowder was a step down from what it has been in the past. Seek a good dinner elsewhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had a very enjoyable Father's Day brunch. The window table with a view of the creek was especially nice. Unfortunately we were seated next to a large table with several kids who were not very well behaved and kept coming over to our table. Their parents didn't take much notice of their wandering and at one point our server asked them to go back to their table. We've been to all the Market Street restaurants and have enjoyed them all and will continue to come back for great food and great service. Our server was very attentive and very pleasant.Special Features:
- MyReviewDined on 6/13/2014Unfortunately we arrived 35 minutes late for our reservations. I apologized for missing our reservations and was about to ask how soon they could seat us. We were greeted rudely by a man named Nico who told us that obviously our reservation had been canceled. He said he would see if he could fit us in. I think the three hostesses standing by were appalled by how he treated us. We could see many open tables in the restaurant. I was not asking for them to hold our reservation but I did expect to be treated with respect. Unfortunately missing a reservation happens. If my daughter had not had a birthday coupon she wanted to use we would have left the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veru Good food - nice viewdanielrgDined on 6/12/2014We visit the Market Street Grill fairly regularly, enjoying the seasonal seafood specials and the standard menu alike. They cook fish well, and have some unique seafood combination plates. I haven't ever ordered their steaks, but I hear they are good too. The decor is fun and lively, and the location has large windows looking out on Big cottonwood creek gorge, and is nestled up against the Wasatch mountains. Service on our recent visit was very good - the server knowledgeable and asked us appropriate questions that made the meal better.Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingFreako01Dined on 6/7/2014Dined on patio this time with last minute reservations for my Wife and I. Spectacular views, great food and premium service. Was mis-informed the Augraunten potatoes were extra charge by by waiter, apology given and all was well. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackened Prime RibRickDined on 6/2/2014Ordered blackened prime rib received regular prime rib sent it back for blackened prime rib which came back cooked a little more. I asked the waiter if he knew what blackened prime rib was he stated yes, I said then why did you bring me regular prime rib twice when I ordered blackened prime rib? He stated he could bring me an extra Deseret....... WHAT A NIGHT OUT FOR FOYE PEOPLE AT $150.00+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!greatDined on 5/31/2014I have written this before and the same holds true that this place serves great seafood. You can't beat the variety in the entire valley. Nest time you are there take home a quart of the chowder and a loaf of the sour dough bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.