Market Street Grill - Cottonwood
2985 East Cottonwood Pkwy.
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Grill - Cottonwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://marketstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 8019428860x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bill McArthur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Market Street Grill - Cottonwood
In 2000, Gastronomy opened it"s first location outside of downtown Salt Lake City. Located in the southern part of the city, the Market Street Grill and Oyster Bar Cottonwood were Gastronomy's first restaurants built from the ground up. Serving the same delicious fresh seafood and tender steaks that you have come to enjoy at our other Market Street locations, but with stunning views of the Wasatch mountains, our Cottonwood location also features a Fresh Fish Market and spectacular patio dining. Private dining facilities include our Creekside Private Rooms, the Garden Court adjacent to Big Cottonwood Creek,and extraordinary Roof Top Dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Market Street Grill - Cottonwood - Best Restaurants in Cottonwood Heights ›
Market Street Grill - Cottonwood reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (24)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (18)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- ServiceServerDined on 8/27/2014Our server Leif demonstrated exceptional service. He shared his insights on recommendations. His vibe was very fitting for the atmoshpere. I feel that he deserves this recognition for enhancing our visit to your wonderful hideaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expereincewichitapeteDined on 8/23/2014Came with my wife and 3 kids for our 12 anniversary. We had a filet and crab legs which my wife loved, I had halibut fish and chip that were the best and the kids loved the cheese ravioli and kept saying they wanted to come back. Overall a great experience and I would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood loverpaddyobieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always great seafood at Market Street Grill if that is your thing!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerRyan148Dined on 8/13/2014Sign up for their frequent dinner card and you will get a free meal every year for your birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014fun restaurant. servers are great but they need to put a smile on their facesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mark MaxonGoodtimeDined on 8/8/2014A nice establishment overall. As usual the food was prepared well. The service was not what I've grown accustomed to. Unfortunately, each time I return it is a reminder that the pricing exceeds the value. I think they need to remember that there are other options available. For now, I'll likely return from time to time, just not in my top 10 list of destinations.Special Features:
- boisepeopleboisepeopleDined on 8/7/2014We have a family reunion in Salt Lake and have been coming to the Market Street Grill for years. Never consider anyplace else. Have also come there many times when we are in town visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Issueswoneill07Dined on 8/4/2014Considering the menu, expecting a more formal dinning experience. Our service was rushed, table was not cleared before entrees were served and the wait staff simply yelled questions/requests to us as our group of 8 was in the middle of discussions. Would not recommend for business dinners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I take all my guest who visit SLC to the Market Street Grill or Oyster Bar due to the fact, the food is amazing, view is awesome and the service is impeccalbe. I have been in Customer Service Management for over 25 years and whom ever conducts the training for the servers , my hats off to.... We want to Thank Will who was our server last Saturday.. He is professional, charming and made the evening special for my Mom and her friend. You have a very loyal cusotmer and I look foward to my next visit.. Sincerely, DeborahSpecial Features:
- High price, poor quality foodDissapointingDined on 8/2/2014The prices for the food you get were way way too high. The shrimp appetizer looked and tasted like it came out of a can and was tiny. The "mixed green salad" was small containing the cores of Iceberg Lettuce, only 2 slices of cucumber and 2 cherry tomatoes. Not what I would consider a mixed green salad. The clam chowder was bland and too watery. The french fries that came with the entree were the thin economy style that you can buy at the grocery store. The prime rib was over cooked and tasted bland. The fried halibut however, was amazing with superb moist halibut and very crunchy tempura batter. The food prices say "high class good quality restaurant", but the food and the atmosphere say "ha ha sucker!"
- Top Ten in Town!1discerningdinerDined on 7/31/2014Market Street Grill is my top choice of restaurants in SLC, whether it's at Cottonwood, Riverton, up by the U or downtown. The food is consistently well prepared and is delicious. The sourdough bread is always special, and I haven't eaten better clam chowder or had a fresher dinner salad. I take friends and family there whenever possible. I recommend making reservations to avoid a long wait at peak times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Fair ServicePinkShelleyBeanDined on 7/29/2014We visited this restaurant for a business dinner, there were six of us attending on a Tuesday evening. We were set at the table very quickly, but waited five minutes before the server even arrived to take our drink order. The server kept forgetting our drinks and other requests. Luckily we were all having great conversation and the lack of service was not as bad as it could have been. The food was excellent, the chef ever disappoints. I would recommend this for a lunch and not a dinner. Our dinner took 2 1/2 hours, so do not go there if you are pressed for time.Special Features:
- It was a dark and stormy night.MichaelDined on 7/28/2014It was a dark and stormy night. Well it wasn't so dark but it was stormy, we got there at about 5:30 pm so it was great that you have a place to drop off my wife close to the door while I parked the car. We had reservations which was nice and there was no waiting to get seated. The service and the food was very good. You don't ask if the restaurant was clean, it was. You don't ask if the menu prices were a consideration in our choice to choose your restaurant, it was. It was nice to see your menu and prices online before we came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service just okFFGSLCDined on 7/24/2014One of my favorite places. For the first the service was fair at best. Took a long time to get the waiter there. But he did an ok job after. Seemed frustrated. Food good as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The salmon and tuna were excellent. The vegetables were covered in too much salt and butter. The bread was a little dry. The clam chowder tasted great but I was lacking actual clams. My wife had a mixed green salad that she described as gross. It was Iceberg lettuce with few vegetables slathered with dressing. She left most of it on her plate. The ambiance and service were very nice.
- Great servicePleezaDined on 7/16/2014Great service. Appetizers were great. Main courses were ok. Great ambiance, nice view from where we were seated. Atmosphere for comfortable and inviting.Special Features:
- Had to leave -we had no server!!foodeeeeDined on 7/12/2014After checking in, we had to wait 5 minutes for our table. They asked if we'd like to be in or out. We said in because it was one of those 100+ days. After 5 min the took us to an outdoor patio table. Okay, we decided to laugh a little and roll with it. We sat at our outdoor table For 20 minutes and never saw or heard from a server. Because we had pre purchased tickets for a movie, and because the other guests were looking equally neglected and upset, we had to leave. I have to admit this is a first for this restaurant. They are usually on top of things. Next time we will try the south Jordan market street.Special Features:
- Freshness!burrolvrDined on 7/11/2014If you want fresh fish, this is the place in Salt Lake to get it. Our waitress was very attentive, and made my husband's birthday that much more! Great Caprese salad, and shrimp to start with. Our group had a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:
- Patio dining not availablepatiodinerloverDined on 7/10/2014It seems like every summer when we want to dine on the beautiful patio, it is closed. We understand there are times when it is actually raining or too windy, but the manager here seems to close the patio down just because of a forecast of isolated showers. When we arrived, it was sunny with just a few clouds. We had made reservations for the patio, but the manager said it was closed due to weather. He was quite abrupt and the waiter said they actually like it when the patio is closed because it's cooler for them inside. They were not very customer oriented in our opinion and could take a lesson from Tuscany but not listening to weathermen who are wrong 50% of the time at least and just looking up at the sky! Install misters for coolnessSpecial Features:
- Started the day off right!EasterDiner1Dined on 7/6/2014Market Street Cottonwood is located in a beautiful setting with mountain views. We started the day off right! The breakfast food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFrequentcustomerDined on 7/4/2014Out server was very nice and well informed on the menus choices.Special Features:
- Great salmonEpicureanloverDined on 7/4/2014As good as I remember. We both had chowder, salmon, fresh veggies, and rice. Perfectly prepared. Really good bottle of Chardonnay. We will definitely go there again when in SLC. This location is a bite tricky to find, do to road work on adjacent street.Special Features:
- DeliciousDisappointedVIPDined on 6/30/2014My Mother and I decided to dine here for the steak and seafood. My filet minon was on the salty side but cooked to perfection and my Mom's prime rib was also excellent. The veggies and rice were well cooked but unseasoned. The clam chowder was creamy and well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a success for our celebrationPartypooperDined on 6/28/2014It was my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. They love surf n turf so we picked market street. They had 1 server for 4 tables in our area. Rather than asking if the person wanted to substitute the veggie or pay the extra $5 for 4 sprigs of asparagus no information was given. My parents surf and turf were cold, my sisters halibut was breaded instead of grilled 2 orders of prime rib came out twice over cooked, my husbands steak was cold and flavorless. Luckily the rest of our party was a success but everyone says "except for the dinner" the party was amazing. My husband and I visited about a month ago and his halibut was so greasy he couldn't finish if. Unfortunately we have not had good experiences recently.
- A FaveLindseyDined on 6/25/2014Must get their clam chowder...the best of the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014We've always enjoyed Markey Street but were disappointed at last dinner. They had no idea how to make a Vodka Collins, the crab-stuffed mushrooms had no crab (just bread crumbs and cheese, for $12!). The service was OK, but just OK. Thankfully, the entrees were better but not enough to create a desire to return for dinner. Even their signature clam chowder was a step down from what it has been in the past. Seek a good dinner elsewhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had a very enjoyable Father's Day brunch. The window table with a view of the creek was especially nice. Unfortunately we were seated next to a large table with several kids who were not very well behaved and kept coming over to our table. Their parents didn't take much notice of their wandering and at one point our server asked them to go back to their table. We've been to all the Market Street restaurants and have enjoyed them all and will continue to come back for great food and great service. Our server was very attentive and very pleasant.Special Features:
- MyReviewDined on 6/13/2014Unfortunately we arrived 35 minutes late for our reservations. I apologized for missing our reservations and was about to ask how soon they could seat us. We were greeted rudely by a man named Nico who told us that obviously our reservation had been canceled. He said he would see if he could fit us in. I think the three hostesses standing by were appalled by how he treated us. We could see many open tables in the restaurant. I was not asking for them to hold our reservation but I did expect to be treated with respect. Unfortunately missing a reservation happens. If my daughter had not had a birthday coupon she wanted to use we would have left the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veru Good food - nice viewdanielrgDined on 6/12/2014We visit the Market Street Grill fairly regularly, enjoying the seasonal seafood specials and the standard menu alike. They cook fish well, and have some unique seafood combination plates. I haven't ever ordered their steaks, but I hear they are good too. The decor is fun and lively, and the location has large windows looking out on Big cottonwood creek gorge, and is nestled up against the Wasatch mountains. Service on our recent visit was very good - the server knowledgeable and asked us appropriate questions that made the meal better.Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingFreako01Dined on 6/7/2014Dined on patio this time with last minute reservations for my Wife and I. Spectacular views, great food and premium service. Was mis-informed the Augraunten potatoes were extra charge by by waiter, apology given and all was well. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackened Prime RibRickDined on 6/2/2014Ordered blackened prime rib received regular prime rib sent it back for blackened prime rib which came back cooked a little more. I asked the waiter if he knew what blackened prime rib was he stated yes, I said then why did you bring me regular prime rib twice when I ordered blackened prime rib? He stated he could bring me an extra Deseret....... WHAT A NIGHT OUT FOR FOYE PEOPLE AT $150.00+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!greatDined on 5/31/2014I have written this before and the same holds true that this place serves great seafood. You can't beat the variety in the entire valley. Nest time you are there take home a quart of the chowder and a loaf of the sour dough bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edeanfDined on 5/23/2014Great food, but overpriced. Be prepared to wait without a reservation. My wife and I have loved Market Street ever since we discovered it twenty years ago. We especially enjoyed the outdoor dining at it's now closed University location.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014We used to go to this place regularly but experienced what we saw as a decline in food quality so we stopped going for 3 years, went back and it was way better and we will be putting this on our date nite schedule again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/14/2014Two of the last three times I have been there have been disappointments. The food is not as good as it used to be, and/or is very inconsistent. My husband's fish was good, mine was watery and fishy. We went for my husband's birthday celebration, with a party of 7. It took a long time, a drink was spilled on my mother-in-law, and we were there for over two hours. I emailed my comments to the manager, who did not even bother to respond. Not worth the cost.
- Good as everFFGSLCDined on 5/14/2014Everything was terrific, Food was good and the service was top notch. Seated right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day DisappointmentLarsenVIPDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at Market Street for years and always enjoy it until this Mother's Day which was a total bust. Food came out cold, poor service. Don't know what happened, but this is not what I have experienced over the years.Special Features:
- mid week dinnermmmmmmDined on 5/8/2014Last minute decision to go to Market Street Grill, Cottonwood, was not disappointing. No long wait, prompt service, (though the waitress seemed quite busy), and our meals were cooked to perfection. The prime rib was rare to med-rare, as we like it. And the salmon was not over cooked- like eating butter. Delicious.Special Features:
- The following 277 reviews are from the Market Street Grill - Cottonwood reviews archive.
- Awsome!DaVJoDined on 4/26/2014The food was excellent all the way through the meal from the appetizer to the dessert, and pretty good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ScottDined on 4/24/2014As usual, the food is excellent. We did order some onion rings which had very little breading on them, two of them had no breading. Overall, a very good meal. The service was rather slow, especially for how empty the restaurant was. A great choice nevertheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.