Market Street Bar & Grill
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Market Street Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketstreetbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7039258250
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Glover
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Market Street Bar & Grill can accommodate up to 50 people with special menus for all meal periods in our Private Dining Room. We can also accommodate up to 150 people for a restaurant buyout in our main dining room. For more information, please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Market Street Bar & Grill 7039258250
A word from Market Street Bar & Grill
Market Street Bar & Grill features a cosmopolitan ambiance, set in the heart of the Dulles technology corridor in Reston, Virginia. The restaurant offers a dynamic seasonal menu,and serves creatively presented breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Local artwork adorns the walls and surrounds a unique open-kitchen view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Street Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- The restaurant is in the HyattsusansonVIPDined on 2/22/2013The restaurant is in the Hyatt Hotel - and is under renovation.Special Features:
- Sad to see them go.XenaMomDined on 2/17/2013This was their last sunday brunch as the restaurant is closing. Hopefully the next owner will reinstate the brunches.Special Features:
- So sad this restaurant islfl1012VIPDined on 2/15/2013So sad this restaurant is closing; it was one of our favorites with consistently excellent food and service.
- My wife and I enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I enjoyed our Valentine's Day dinner at Market Street Bar & Grill. Great service, nice ambiance and the food was perfect. I like the followup on the reservation. It was very thoughtful. ThanksSpecial Features:
- The Sunday Brunch at MarketOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013The Sunday Brunch at Market Street Grill is great. However, if you're a Restaurant.Com member, please note that you cannot use your vouchers for Sunday Brunch! This, despite the fact that "brunch" is listed on the MSG Restaurant.Com web page. The servers are great and are quick to keep the mimosas flowing. Tip: Get your brunch entree "to go" and plan to eat it for dinner and feast from the abundant buffet of shrimp, sushi, fresh fruit and veggies, and your usual breakfast items while at the restaurant. The hostess can cop a little attitude if you don't have a reservation, so make one if you can. Also note- if your party contains only women, they will try to give you a bad table in an undesirable location.
- We were at the Hyatt for aLJEUSADined on 1/25/2013We were at the Hyatt for a conference on a cold night so decided we did not want to walk elsewhere and reserved a table at their own dining room. The restaurant was uncomfortably cold. The bare tables were uninviting and the food was generic. I had a breaded chicken fillet that was dull, dry and comparable to those purchased in freezer packs from Costco. The best that could be said is that "it was food" but definitely not a restaurant to choose for anything other than convenience.
- Food and service were outstanding.waiter12VIPDined on 1/18/2013Food and service were outstanding. Reataurant is starting to show its age; could really use a good remodeling.Special Features:
- The food was good althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013The food was good although my steak was a little overcooked based on my order. The prices were moderate, but beware, the tip is automatically included on the bill and we ended up paying the tip twice! Not okay since our party size was only three. This is in the Hyatt hotel in Reston.
- We go to MS pretty often andPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 1/12/2013We go to MS pretty often and a rarely disappointed. Food was very good and so was the service.Special Features:
- We shared a seared ahi appetizer,outotownersDined on 1/12/2013We shared a seared ahi appetizer, pretty tasty, which included a spicy salad. We also shared the Caesar salad appetizer They split it for us without being asked, which I appreciate. The salad was quite bland, unfortunately so typical. Having made one at home this past week, I'm not sure why restaurants find this so difficult. We both ordered seafood cioppino, which included a cheese-filled pasta. Plenty of seafood, too. We took home quite a bit. I don't often order cioppino but my husband does and he said it was just okay. I will say the sauce was thick and a little sweet. Not terrible, but isn't it supposed to a broth? Worst part - they added an 18% gratuity to our check (just 2 of us!) because we used a gift certificate. Tacky!!Special Features:
- Took my family here for ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012Took my family here for Christmas Eve dinner, worst dinner I ever had! I am not a complainer & usually do not post reviews however, we were soaked for $136 for perhaps the worst food ever. It takes a lot for me to post on these sites or too complain in general, as I have worked in the restaurant industry, but this was God awful food. I will not return.
- We have been to this restaurantMartinaVIPDined on 12/19/2012We have been to this restaurant for dinner, regular Sunday brunch, holiday brunch, and this time for the $49 mid-week couple dinner. We knew the options for the couple dinner from the internet before we got there, but it exceeded our expectations. I had the Greek salad, the salmon, and the chocolate dessert. My husband had the soup, the flank steak, and the apple strudel. The Greek salad was huge (and wonderful), the soup was a bowl, not a cup (and also very good), the entrees very professionally done and presented, and the desserts were warm and delicious. And we got a bottle of wine!! Amazing food for an unbelievably reasonable price. I would recommend it to everyone as I would the Sunday brunch and holiday brunch.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed theBBFFXDined on 12/12/2012My wife and I enjoyed the "Date Night" special. it included soup or salad, entree and dessert, along with a bottle of wine for just under $50. The meal was wonderful. I had the soup, a crab & corn chowder -- one of the best I've had in a long time. My wife had the chopped Greek salad, beautifully presented, fresh and tasty. The salmon was wonderful, a good taste, cooked to perfection. This special ends in December, but we were told the restaurant has specials of some sort each month. The date night special is available Tuesday through Thursdays.Special Features:
- Champagne brunch was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012Champagne brunch was really good, the buffet didn't have that many choices but it was still good plus they give you a choice of one entree from their bruch menu, really good for the price and service is great!Special Features:
- Hot findSpizsterDined on 12/5/2012We had a great meal, spent four hours enjoying the atmosphere and great conversation!
- The service was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012The service was great. The food was good, but not outstanding. Better than average for a hotel restaurant, but there are better restaurants nearby.Special Features:
- An abundance of food and non-stopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012An abundance of food and non-stop champagne! Order a main course in addition to the buffet that offers fresh fruit and seasonal veggies, sushi, oysters, eggs, bacon, sausages, homefries and an assortment of desserts... Didn't expect so much food, but certainly didn't mind it either -we will return.Special Features:
- Waiter was wonderful and veryMacBethDined on 11/6/2012Waiter was wonderful and very attentive. Restaurant was not busy.
- This is a very nice restaurantCaj89VIPDined on 11/2/2012This is a very nice restaurant where I've been a couple of times now for lunch as I work nearby. I had the steak and cheese wrap and chose the mixed greens as the side. The wrap was very tasty and the salad was good except a tad overdressed. Our server was very attentive and our tea was refreshed regularly throughout our visit. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A good gathering spot.....theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012A good gathering spot.....the tables closest to the bar were less desirable if you wanted to have a conversation with your dinner partner. We asked to be seated further away and the noise level was much more acceptable. The crab/corn chowder appetizer was quite tasty but served warm, not hot. One of our party ordered a filet medium well and it was served definitely medium rare/rare. We sent it back to the kitchen but then had to ask for it about 15 minutes later. In fairness, there was a deduction on the bill for the inconvenience. Two of us ordered the rack of lamb; it was okay but lacked seasoning. We did have a nice California Cabernet.Special Features:
- The crab cakes here are veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2012The crab cakes here are very good. We ordered the luncheon portion not the crab sandwich. We picked this spot because it is a grat spot for a business meeting and we could hear each other.Special Features:
- Market Street Grill Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Great Service and a great Brunch. The overal experience was excellent! It was my wife's mother's birthday and she picked Market Street Grill for her meal. I have been there 3 times now and it is always the best Brunch around. Especially the price. I highly recommend this for your next Brunch.Special Features:
- Bountiful and attractive brunchRestondinerDined on 10/7/2012Bountiful and attractive brunch buffet, with delicious fresh orange juice, salads, fruits, shrimp, salmon, breakfast foods and desserts, PLUS a full menu entree that many guests simply take home unsampled. Looks a bit pricey until you realize you have dinner in your hands for later! They overheard us saying it was my birthday, and surprised me with a beautiful slice of chocolate cake, candle included. A lovely outing for our group of three.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2012Wonderful brunch. Lots of food on the buffet and you get to choose an entree from the menu. Will go back!Special Features:
- My wife and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012My wife and I had a wonderful time. We had Sunday brunch there. The staff did an outstanding job with the service. We will visit again.Special Features:
- This restaurant is part ofCaj89VIPDined on 9/7/2012This restaurant is part of the Hyatt in Reston Town Center. I was surprised at the good quality of food, the presentation, and the flavor. I work in Reston Town Center and this was my first time at the Market Street Bar and Grill. I definitely will be coming back!Special Features:
- A wonderful experience thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2012A wonderful experience that enhanced the magic o our special ocassionSpecial Features:
- We think the food is alwaysPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 8/25/2012We think the food is always consistently good here. This time was no exception. Good service as well. All around a nice experience.Special Features:
- Such great food. Staff isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Such great food. Staff is so helpful and friendly. Lots of groups eating while we dined. Management checked on us which was great. Prices for what you get is perfect.Special Features:
- Great food and staff, but noisy..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012We decided on this restaurant because we were celebrating my younger sisters birthday on a short weekend that she would actually be home from grad school and it looked like it would have something on the menu for all of us, yet wouldn't be the usual Clyde's. We made a reservation for 6:30 on a Friday night, expecting it to be packed and to have a wait like most restaurants in Reston Town Center. To our surprise, while the bar was packed, the dining room was absolutely not! The food and service was great, the waiter bought her a dessert, as you would expect, and decorated the plate of chocolate cake with "happy birthday" and a single lit candle on the chOcolate cake. Only frustration was noise from the bar. Leave room for dessert!Special Features:
- Generally we don't like goingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2012Generally we don't like going to hotel restaurants, because generally, they're just plain bland. The food at a hotel restaurant is generally not bad, but also not good. We were pleasantly surprised with MSBG. GREAT food, GREAT service. We're very much looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Two friends and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2012Two friends and I went for the Sunday champagne brunch. It was very good. We especially enjoyed the liberal pouring of champagne as well as the manager letting us know when the buffet would shut down. We would definitely go to the Sunday brunch again.Special Features:
- Went here for my Dad's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2012Went here for my Dad's birthday for brunch. It was excellent! The wait staff was amazing. The food was amazing! Will be going back!Special Features:
- We were here for the SundayMartinaVIPDined on 8/5/2012We were here for the Sunday brunch and it was a surprising joy. Not only are you offered an amazingly wide array of dishes, you are given the option of a "main course" meal that you can eat there or take home. We had a wonderful breakfast, better than what you would expect at a brunch, complete with desserts, champagne, mimosas, juices, and so forth. Then we got a choice (4 of the 5 of us chose prime rib) of dinners to take home. I would recommend this brunch to anyone and everyone.Special Features:
- We used to be regulars, butDougDined on 7/21/2012We used to be regulars, but this visit was our first since moving from Reston in 1999. We were not disappointed. Both the food and service were outstanding. We will return when next visiting the area.Special Features:
- Lunch was goodPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 7/20/2012We went for lunch on my birthday. Menus had plenty to choose fromm and it was all good. Service could have been a little better but all in all it was a good experience.Special Features:
- We have been here before andTHK4Dined on 7/13/2012We have been here before and this trip was not so great. The food quality had gone down, the service was slow, and we sort of felt ignored by the staff. This was once a favorite place of ours, but has really gone down in quality.
- We sat outside on a perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012We sat outside on a perfect evening. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- The food was great. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012The food was great. The service was really really slow...and the restuarant was pretty much empty that evening too. The server was very kind, but we were there for a while waiting for drinks and food.
- Good service --- friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Good service --- friendly and fast, but we dined early before the restaurant got crowded.Special Features: