1347 Main Street
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marketsthelena.com/
- Phone: 7079633799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:30am-5:00pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo E. Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Market Restaurant is available for off-site culinary experiences. Please give us a call to discuss your next event!
- Special Events: Large parties welcome. Please call the restaurant directly to receive more information.
A word from Market
Market Restaurant offers an elegant yet comfortable dining experience. Located on Main Street in St. Helena, the historical building features exposed stone walls and an antique bar dating back to the turn of the century. The menu features American classics with a fresh seasonal approach and the wine list offers a diverse selection of wines to complement Chef’s creations, with an emphasis on wines from local Napa Valley vintners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Market - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Market reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (131)neighborhood gem (115)great for lunch (70)special occasion (65)notable wine list (62)romantic (55)great for brunch (42)good for groups (30)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (20)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Truly enjoyed our diner there a few nights ago. The food was excellent, we ate too much though and didn't get to have dessert, so we'll have to go another time for dessert. The staff was very friendly, and the atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulMaryKDined on 9/14/2014We ate here a few years ago and remembered it was excellent (the no corkage fee doesn't hurt!). This time, a Sunday evening in mid -September, was true to our previous experience. The large restaurant was half full likely because the tourist season is at a small lull, but that didn't affect the quality of our experience at all. We are coinnoisseurs of heirloom tomato offerings. ( I'm a gardener) and their tomato/burrata salad was fantastic, as was all our dishes--Caeser salad, and salmon and filet mignon entrees. Our waiter and other staff were knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BreakfastSpikermikeVIPDined on 9/14/2014Really enjoyed the historic buildings in St. Helena and our breakfast experience here was wonderful. The service and ambiance were welcoming and the food was great.Special Features:
- 6 people in group--all say 5 starsLRBScoopVIPDined on 9/13/2014honored reservation at a busy time, great service, informed waitress,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Great lunch, great drinks and great service. I would recommend to anyone visiting the area. It was our favorite meal (dinners included) while visiting the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market Napa, CAMichDined on 9/9/2014We had such a great time at Market celebrating my husbands Bday. Dinner was cooked perfectly - med rare salmon as requested. Dessert was especially amazing - Butterscotch Pudding in homemade waffle bowl... Amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014A very nice downtown restaurant with a very spacious setting. Staff is extremely friendly. Food was very local and fresh and really fits the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Excellent surprise about the tast of the plates. Very good service form the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014Love coming here, great food, amazing service, nice wine list, no corkage, fun cocktails. It goes on and on and on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem !NJdinerDined on 9/2/2014Went here for dinner first night in Napa Valley. Great choice! Heirloom tomato and burrata salad to die for! All dishes very well prepared, with freshest of ingredients. Service delightful. Very charming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local American foodAmartineztfeDined on 8/29/2014A locals paradise, nice ambience and all plates simply delicious. Friendly staff make your experience memorable. No cork fee, cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014The service was superior, food was awesome, well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better choices in the areaPeterVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is clearly a local's spot. The food was just ok and the service was fair. Reasonable prices but there are much better choices in the area for a better meal.
- Delish!EpicureanVIPDined on 8/29/2014Love this place. Food is delicious, everything we ordered was fantastic. The service was just as good. Lobster rolls are to die for! Surely a gem, one of our favorite places for lunch. They have a perfect lunch special...sandwich, soup and a treat. The cauliflower soup was scrumptious.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchScarabsanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had lunch on a Saturday afternoon, food was good and wait staff was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food & serviceShortyNZDined on 8/23/2014What a pleasant surprise! The food was top notch and our waiter (unfortunately i've forgotten his name!) was outstanding and contributed massively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LauraDined on 8/23/2014I found out about Market by doing a little research on lunch spots in Napa Valley. I expected it to be good, but it exceeded all of my expectations! The soup of the day, the bread, the watermelon and mozzarella salad were all amazing and the s'mores were fun and delicious. I'll recommend Market to others and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love the fish & chips5starVIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband loves the champagne battered fish and chips. The fish is so light and tasty. Do order the butterscotch pudding for dessert. It's so good you hate having to share it. Their menu for brunch is quite extensive. We continue to enjoy this lovely restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market is Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Market is our go to restaurant for out of town guest or special occasions for my wife and I. We always ask for Alfie as our server, but he was not working Saturday night. I believe our server was Jay and he was amazing and more than up to the task of taking care of us and our guests. Also, as we were dining Alfie stopped in with his wife (they were on a date) and he took time to stop by our table to say "HI" and meet our friends. Market and its people take the time to treat everyone like a rock star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchFoodieDined on 8/16/2014We all enjoyed our meals. The soft shelled crab sandwich is amazing. Service was also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa wine tasting weekendhappyvalentineDined on 8/15/2014St. Helena is a convenient dinner location if you have been wine tasting on Spring Mountain, which we had been doing. The Market is on Main street which is great to walk and shop also. We arrived early and they seated us anyway with a great window view. Everybody was so friendly. Great food suggestions. We loved the snapper special and the trout. A desert to die for also. Highly recommended and excellent value as it is not as costly as some of the Napa valley standards.Special Features:
- Really good and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Really nice food and spectacular to the eyes too. Had the tuna duo, a good salad and a super good mac'n'cheese.Special Features:
- Loved it!palmdesertdogDined on 8/13/2014A must try in St. Helena. Food was delicious. The watermelon salad and lobster roll as starters were taste treats. And my lamb shank was equally good. My wife had the short ribs, which were as good as the ones at Tra Vigne. Beautiful presentation and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great meal in attractive settingNJTouristDined on 8/13/2014The setting was very nice and the scallops were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeFoodieForLifeDined on 8/13/2014We've eaten at Market on two separate trips to the wine country and we thoroughly enjoy this gem in St. Helena. The place is casual with upscale food that is priced well. And, there is NO corkage fee. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the food is off the charts. We will return every chance we get, no matter where we are staying. This is a must-visit place.Special Features:
- American goodness.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014Very good food. When they say American comfort food, believe it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findCraigDined on 8/11/2014We had not been to Napa Valley in over five years and this was recommended by someone who lives there. I expected it to be good, but it was fantastic. I will come back again. My wife had the filet and I had a prawn pasta dish that was out of this world. The place exceeded our expectations. We have eaten out at many restaurants and this one exceeded all expectations. Great local find.Special Features:
- lovetodine2014Dined on 8/10/2014Had a wonderful dinner there while on vacation. Very accommodating. The dinner was delicious. Had a really tender, juicy steak, and the side dishes were just as tasty. All in my party loved there meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's our go-to when visiting areabelmontfoodieDined on 8/9/2014Market's food is consistently good; some great. Their American classics are beyond yummy, and their Mac and Cheese the best I ever had, their watermelon salad and burrata is also way better than average. The décor is warm, inviting and yet casual so it suits me and my husband well. We come here at least twice a year and are never disappointed. I also think it is very nice of them to let guests bring their own wine, without a corkage fee, since many guests may have wine tasted all day and have their hearts set on their newest find. I recommend to everyone, except unappreciative snobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Had a wonderful experience at Market. This little gem tucked in there on main st in St Helena. Everything we ate that night was incredible. From the lobster rolls to the fried chicken. The service couldn't have been better. Very friendly and attentive. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alifamDined on 8/8/2014not easy to find by car; good restautant good value excellent choose for diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 in the Nappa Valley!dinerDined on 8/7/2014We were recommended to this restaurant and were not disappointed. The food and presentation were wonderful. The sorbet we both had at end of our meal was incredible! The service was attentive but not overpowering.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedAntonDined on 8/3/2014We booked this restaurant based on a review from trip advisor. While they're usually pretty accurate, it's never a guarantee. Well, both my wife and I have to say that this was an excellent choice. The food was top notch (even for foodies), and the service was outstanding. Props go to our waiter Ozzy. It is outstanding. Be sure to ask for him.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchBaileyFarmsVIPDined on 8/3/2014What local gem. Lunch was great and the Bailey Farms Pinot Noir was delicious.Special Features:
- Annual ritual in Wine CountryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014We visit St Helena every year, and always enjoy this high touch, delicious restaurant in downtown.Special Features:
- Best in St HelenaVickyDined on 8/1/2014Me and my Boyfriend had a really good experience at The Market. Good foods and well presented. Very gentle the waiter and perfecr atmosphere. I recommed to go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cleveland01cleveland01Dined on 8/1/2014Everything was fantastic! The food was outstanding and the service was great!Special Features:
- dinner at marketcrazysummertravelDined on 8/1/2014we had spent the afternoon doing wine tastings. dinner at market capped off the day perfectly. the food was reasonably priced and it was all really really good. the no corkage fee for our wine we bought earlier in the day was a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfuldamoses21VIPDined on 8/1/2014Market was wonderful, the best restaurant we went to in the Napa area! We had the lobster rolls, delicious and then the watermelon salad awesome! My husband had the short ribs and I had the halibut both delicious and the dessert was fantastic also. We were very pleased will visit again!
- Great Meal and Service!SCVFoodNutDined on 7/31/2014While not a typical "kids restaurant", we were welcomed and felt very comfortable with our 9 and 12 year old boys. Both boys had the Fried Chicken and even our picky eater cleaned the plate. We finished the meal with table side S'mores and Butterscotch Pudding! Staff is friendly and service was great.Special Features: