1347 Main Street
St. Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marketsthelena.com/
- Phone: 7079633799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:30am-5:00pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo E. Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Market Restaurant is available for off-site culinary experiences. Please give us a call to discuss your next event!
- Special Events: Large parties welcome. Please call the restaurant directly to receive more information.
A word from Market
Market Restaurant offers an elegant yet comfortable dining experience. Located on Main Street in St. Helena, the historical building features exposed stone walls and an antique bar dating back to the turn of the century. The menu features American classics with a fresh seasonal approach and the wine list offers a diverse selection of wines to complement Chef’s creations, with an emphasis on wines from local Napa Valley vintners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Market - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Market reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (130)neighborhood gem (120)great for lunch (75)special occasion (74)notable wine list (62)romantic (57)great for brunch (49)good for groups (33)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice place for lunchScarabsanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had lunch on a Saturday afternoon, food was good and wait staff was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LauraDined on 8/23/2014I found out about Market by doing a little research on lunch spots in Napa Valley. I expected it to be good, but it exceeded all of my expectations! The soup of the day, the bread, the watermelon and mozzarella salad were all amazing and the s'mores were fun and delicious. I'll recommend Market to others and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love the fish & chips5starVIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband loves the champagne battered fish and chips. The fish is so light and tasty. Do order the butterscotch pudding for dessert. It's so good you hate having to share it. Their menu for brunch is quite extensive. We continue to enjoy this lovely restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market is Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Market is our go to restaurant for out of town guest or special occasions for my wife and I. We always ask for Alfie as our server, but he was not working Saturday night. I believe our server was Jay and he was amazing and more than up to the task of taking care of us and our guests. Also, as we were dining Alfie stopped in with his wife (they were on a date) and he took time to stop by our table to say "HI" and meet our friends. Market and its people take the time to treat everyone like a rock star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchFoodieDined on 8/16/2014We all enjoyed our meals. The soft shelled crab sandwich is amazing. Service was also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa wine tasting weekendhappyvalentineDined on 8/15/2014St. Helena is a convenient dinner location if you have been wine tasting on Spring Mountain, which we had been doing. The Market is on Main street which is great to walk and shop also. We arrived early and they seated us anyway with a great window view. Everybody was so friendly. Great food suggestions. We loved the snapper special and the trout. A desert to die for also. Highly recommended and excellent value as it is not as costly as some of the Napa valley standards.Special Features:
- Loved it!palmdesertdogDined on 8/13/2014A must try in St. Helena. Food was delicious. The watermelon salad and lobster roll as starters were taste treats. And my lamb shank was equally good. My wife had the short ribs, which were as good as the ones at Tra Vigne. Beautiful presentation and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great meal in attractive settingNJTouristDined on 8/13/2014The setting was very nice and the scallops were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeFoodieForLifeDined on 8/13/2014We've eaten at Market on two separate trips to the wine country and we thoroughly enjoy this gem in St. Helena. The place is casual with upscale food that is priced well. And, there is NO corkage fee. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the food is off the charts. We will return every chance we get, no matter where we are staying. This is a must-visit place.Special Features:
- American goodness.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014Very good food. When they say American comfort food, believe it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findCraigDined on 8/11/2014We had not been to Napa Valley in over five years and this was recommended by someone who lives there. I expected it to be good, but it was fantastic. I will come back again. My wife had the filet and I had a prawn pasta dish that was out of this world. The place exceeded our expectations. We have eaten out at many restaurants and this one exceeded all expectations. Great local find.Special Features:
- it's our go-to when visiting areabelmontfoodieDined on 8/9/2014Market's food is consistently good; some great. Their American classics are beyond yummy, and their Mac and Cheese the best I ever had, their watermelon salad and burrata is also way better than average. The décor is warm, inviting and yet casual so it suits me and my husband well. We come here at least twice a year and are never disappointed. I also think it is very nice of them to let guests bring their own wine, without a corkage fee, since many guests may have wine tasted all day and have their hearts set on their newest find. I recommend to everyone, except unappreciative snobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Had a wonderful experience at Market. This little gem tucked in there on main st in St Helena. Everything we ate that night was incredible. From the lobster rolls to the fried chicken. The service couldn't have been better. Very friendly and attentive. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alifamDined on 8/8/2014not easy to find by car; good restautant good value excellent choose for diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 in the Nappa Valley!dinerDined on 8/7/2014We were recommended to this restaurant and were not disappointed. The food and presentation were wonderful. The sorbet we both had at end of our meal was incredible! The service was attentive but not overpowering.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedAntonDined on 8/3/2014We booked this restaurant based on a review from trip advisor. While they're usually pretty accurate, it's never a guarantee. Well, both my wife and I have to say that this was an excellent choice. The food was top notch (even for foodies), and the service was outstanding. Props go to our waiter Ozzy. It is outstanding. Be sure to ask for him.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchBaileyFarmsVIPDined on 8/3/2014What local gem. Lunch was great and the Bailey Farms Pinot Noir was delicious.Special Features:
- Annual ritual in Wine CountryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014We visit St Helena every year, and always enjoy this high touch, delicious restaurant in downtown.Special Features:
- Best in St HelenaVickyDined on 8/1/2014Me and my Boyfriend had a really good experience at The Market. Good foods and well presented. Very gentle the waiter and perfecr atmosphere. I recommed to go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cleveland01cleveland01Dined on 8/1/2014Everything was fantastic! The food was outstanding and the service was great!Special Features:
- dinner at marketcrazysummertravelDined on 8/1/2014we had spent the afternoon doing wine tastings. dinner at market capped off the day perfectly. the food was reasonably priced and it was all really really good. the no corkage fee for our wine we bought earlier in the day was a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfuldamoses21VIPDined on 8/1/2014Market was wonderful, the best restaurant we went to in the Napa area! We had the lobster rolls, delicious and then the watermelon salad awesome! My husband had the short ribs and I had the halibut both delicious and the dessert was fantastic also. We were very pleased will visit again!
- Great Meal and Service!SCVFoodNutDined on 7/31/2014While not a typical "kids restaurant", we were welcomed and felt very comfortable with our 9 and 12 year old boys. Both boys had the Fried Chicken and even our picky eater cleaned the plate. We finished the meal with table side S'mores and Butterscotch Pudding! Staff is friendly and service was great.Special Features:
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent food, lobster rolls to start & butterscotch pudding to finish we're awesome. That said, service was lacking. Market was full, yes, but simple things like water refills were missed. Farmstead has similar food but much better service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely we'll returnBbwyreDined on 7/31/2014Decided to try Market based on reviews. We were very pleased with the quality on both food and service; absolutely loved the strawberry-rhubarb crisp for dessert. Many happy conversations taking place-smiles all around. Service was cheerful, knowledgable and attentive without being over-bearing. I'd be happy to visit again for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualPeepsVIPDined on 7/31/2014Once again we had great food, and the service here is among the nicest in St. Helena. Every time we're up here we make a point of having lunch at Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good food and serviceEatsVIPDined on 7/30/2014the food and service are always good. the servers are always nice and helpful. we go there whenever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market is topsNapafanaticDined on 7/28/2014If you're craving inventive delicious comfort food--think beef short ribs braised in zinfandel accompanied by fantastic truffled mashed potatoes, or fried chicken, or homemade butterscotch pudding--supported by a well edited wine list, this is your place. Prices are mid to high $20s for main courses, so not over the top. And, no corkage fee if you bring your own wine.Special Features:
- Great, funky placestevexDined on 7/28/2014The braised short ribs were outstanding, and the rack of lamb was superb. The waiter was very friendly and enthusiastic. Very complete wine list. We had a great meal. Just a little on the loud side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchSFshashaDined on 7/26/2014I know that there are lots of good restaurants in St Helena but on a recent visit, we didn't want to leave things to chance so we made a reservation in advance instead of just wandering into what might have looked great. The food here was very good and the service was efficient and professional. Definitely a good choice but the place was not terribly vibrant. You can count on good food here but for lunch, I might try something more relaxed next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014One of our favorite Napa Valley restaurants. Food and service are always delicious and personable. One issue is the air-conditioning, a bit drafty when it kicks in.Special Features:
- Always outstanding...FoodJagVIPDined on 7/19/2014Eddy meets you at the door and sets the stage for the wonderful dining experience. He is warm, personable and friendly - one of the reasons we enjoy returning. The fried chicken was delicious. Calamari is always a treat. Two salad entrees were also delicious. For consistently excellent food and outstanding service - plus being greeted at the door by Eddy - this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2 7/16/14KSRPHDined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed a very good meal on 7/16. Small plates were great to try and share. Wine list great but we brought in our own bottle and no corkage fee. Quiet and great service. Soft shell crab was the highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014We had the specials including the onion soup, steak panini and the salad special along with a half serving of the Mac and cheese. We enjoyed all. Our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Love coming here, my absolute go to in St. Helena. Amazing food, killer service, great prices, complete package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friends !HappyDinerDined on 7/12/2014Had a great dinner at Market in St Helena while there with friends. As a homeowner in the Valley, really nice to have Market as a local favorite. Beef short ribs, cornbread, and lightly fried prawns all excellent. The GM was all over the room taking great care of the diners. Jesse our server did a great job, too.Special Features:
- Meets the Napa standardisee2Dined on 7/12/2014Market was a welcome new find for us. The area is blessed with destination restaurants owned by celebrity chefs. Market doesn't quite meet that standard, yet offers excellent food and wine at acceptable prices. I witnessed obvious local regulars dining there showing this place has a consistent following. We'll be back when in St. Helena.Special Features:
- Loved it!VivaciousDined on 7/11/2014Nice ambience, great service, good food. An overall delightful experience!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- St HelanaDavidDined on 7/10/2014Recommended by others, Great evening and our diverse group of five all enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- Varied menu with great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014We always enjoy the amazing service, informed waitstaff and delicious food at Market. This is a great place to go for a business lunch. I have never been there for dinner but am sure it would be wonderful too.Special Features: