110 Buckland HIlls Drive
Manchester, CT 06042Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://marketgrillct.com/
- Phone: 8606441011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Pearce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Market Grille has two unique private dining rooms that can accommodate parties from 15 to 25 guests. These locations are available anytime and can be set-up to host any type of event; from cocktail parties to seminars.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda 8606441011
A word from Market Grille
Market Grille is a casual restaurant highlighting the best domestic American products and cuisine. The extensive menu features a variety of small plates, burgers, and entrees that offer a modern twist on traditional, comfort cuisine. All of the ingredients and products utilized are locally-sourced and domestically-grown. The full bar features a large selection of American spirits including artisan vodkas, small batch bourbons, craft whiskeys, and house-made infusions. The bar also features over 30 wines by the glass and a broad selection of local, craft brews including 12 on draft. The atmosphere is a welcoming blend of modern elements and traditional American comfort. There is a large bar and outdoor patio that both feature an incredible view of the Hartford skyline and Farmington Valley. Join us to see what happens when casual, comfort goes gourmet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (70)scenic view (58)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (42)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (20)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (16)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Service was slow, food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014It took a long time to see any waiter for even our drink order. Water glasses were dirty, so we waited an extended period of time before the server decided to give us water in wine glasses. The server had to come back to verify our orders a couple of times. He was friendly, but seemed flustered and did not know the menu well. We ordered a drink with dinner that didn't come out until after the meal was complete. It seemed like they were understaffed and ill-prepared for the Saturday evening rush. However, the food was excellent, and the specialty drinks were delightful. We particularly enjoyed the Ahi tuna appetizer, the southwest style salmon entree, and for drinks the Bacon Bloody Mary and Blackberry Mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Visit to Market GrilleParrotHeadBabeDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent - I had the tuna tartar appetizer & stuffed cod for dinner - both were flavorful and well prepared. My husband had the risotto balls as an appetizer & the everything tuna for dinner and was as equally as pleased as I was. We have dined here before & will again due to the amazing food! The ambiance of the restaurant is a bit upscale & appropriate for "date night" but you can still expect to see children there so keep that in mind. Our waitress Theresa left a little to be desired with her serving skills. I ordered a white wine & received red & I had to point this error out to her - she was juggling a large party seated next to us but we still felt a little neglected compared to the service the party was receiving.Special Features:
- Delicious!mcihcehrayellDined on 8/9/2014We had 2 delicious meals - both specials. Stuffed Chatham cod and swordfish, both extremely good. Also, I had the corn chowder which was so good I had to eat every drop. The Blue Point oysters were exceptional...Special Features:
- Excellent dining in Manchester!eastcoastgirl19Dined on 8/7/2014Market Grille is an excellent choice in the Manchester-South Windsor area! It's in a bit of a weird location on the property of the mall and soon to be in the shadows of a Dave and Buster's, but the food is amazing, the outdoor patio is excellent in the summer, and overall just a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findLisaDined on 8/2/2014Met a friend for a special occasion. Great menu, lots of specials, extensive and excellent wine list.Food and service were great, would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soTrevVIPDined on 8/2/2014The menu sounding really enticing, which is why I chose it for lunch for my daughter's birthday (she's 24). The bean and escarole soup was the best item ordered. All of the sandwiches were just okay, certainly nothing to write home about. If the kitchen executed to the way the menu read it would have been a home run, instead it was a single. On a more positive note, the atmosphere was very nice, good outside dining. I'd give it another try.Special Features:
- Thank you !MaggieVIPDined on 8/1/2014On a trip thru Connecticut I happened upon this restaurant through Opentable. The craft martini was special. The seared scallops with mushroom and tomato risotto was very good. The staff staff was very accommodative to my dietary restrictions, cooking the risotto with olive oil rather than butter. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, it was good experienceIsaiahDined on 7/21/2014Need to add simple kids menu since it is not a fine dining place..... customers with kids find it frustrating if there is nothing for kids to choose from.... kids will enjoy simple menu they can draw from as they wait for their food.... ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn down the musicCaschuVIPDined on 7/19/2014I really, really want to like this place. The food was really good, the service was good. Now if they could only pick music that was more appropriate for a high-end dinner, rather than a bar. We had a lovely table outside, but scratchy, distorted, raucous music played through our entire dinner. Not relaxing, not on par with the level of food and expense. Pick some tamer music and TURN IT DOWN.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Delicious food and drinks, great scenic view for outdoor dining, the staff was great and helpful with our 2 month old - my ONLY complaint is that I had put in a reservation for 7:30 PM earlier in the day and requested outdoor seating, and when we arrived, we were told it would be about a half hour wait for outside seating. In the past, it wouldn't bother me to wait, but my friends are new parents and are on a tighter schedule with an infant, and waiting around with a cumbersome carrier with a smaller social window between feedings was unnecessary. We still had a great time and enjoyed our meal and service, but perhaps this type of issue could be noted. We will be back!Special Features:
- Food was excellent...poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014The hostess took pleasure in informing us that the reservations we made on open table were not accepted for the patio. So we waited 45 minutes for a table. After informing the waitress that both my children have Celiac disease she assured me their meals would be gluten free and the salad arrived covered in croutons! The atmosphere and view were amazing but the staff completely incompetent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatnkj64Dined on 7/16/2014A great find, wonderful dinner choices and expertly prepared and served. I will return!Special Features:
- LunchLufoDined on 7/16/2014Have eaten there many times for lunch, alway enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allSWRegularDined on 7/12/2014We had a great meal and a great time. The view of the fireworks over the CT River were an added bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fireworks? Really?SpoiledVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our first time here. The restaurant advertised Riverfest fireworks viewing with outdoor dining. What a joke. You could barely see them over the tree tops. I didn't like my table ( the entrance lights comprised of at least 4- 8' long flourescent lights glaring at me, my back to the fireworks). Zero ambience! I asked if the table could be changed. I was told NO, the tables were reserved. I HAD a reservation. The place was busy so the service was not on spot to say the least. Food was just ok, not hot. We probably will try again, but not right away. I will say the service at the bar and bartenders were great. After dropping almost $250 for the night, I left feeling very underwhelmed and disappointed. Guess I expected too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food. great ambiance .suchy66Dined on 7/12/2014Went to Market Grille after receiving an email about watching the Hartford fireworks from the restaurant. The claim strip are our favorite and the claim chowder is the best as well. I tried the scallops and risotto this time and it was mouth watering. Server suggested an apple dessert for the 4 of us. It was delicious as well. We all agreed this is a great place to come celebrate anything. The fireworks were ok. The food was memorable.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4th MealTrubbaDined on 7/4/2014My spouse and I had the 4th of July special, I had the Lobster bake which was outstanding, she had the clam roll which she found rubbery and not up the to the market grille standard, she was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantAlan103Dined on 6/29/2014Food is always excellent, service is professional and friendly, and views are outstanding; what more can you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standards this timesushifansVIPDined on 6/28/2014Have dined here many times and have always been very pleased. Saturday, June 28 was a disappointment. I had a strip steak that was very tough and inedible. One salad was served without dressing. Waitress very nice, but perhaps she had too many tables to serve to give us better service. Will hope for better next visit.Special Features:
- Love Market GrillefoodiellamaDined on 6/27/2014Great spot for families or date night! Awesome servers, food is fantastic, cool vibe, good drinks, totally doesn't feel like you're next to the mall. Kid friendly (high chairs available), but not overrun with kids either. Have been a few times and this did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Incredible View & AtmosphereNickRNDined on 6/27/2014Keep returning for the good service, great food and food options - lots of gluten free for those who truly need it, great drinks - although sodas and iced tea should be free refills, something they don't readily tell you. The refill issue is my one pet peeve but not enough to keep from not returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free menuGreatDined on 6/24/2014Many great gluten free options. Always easy to find something great to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time there and still a winnerMarieDined on 6/23/2014Went to celebrate a birthday with intention of sitting outside because of their beautiful outside dining area, but decided to sit inside last minute. We were not disappointed. We tend to take a while before ordering because we visit. The waiter was very patient and did not interrupt us until we were ready to order. We received our meals and they were very good. We decided to order a dessert to share and I hesitantly ordered an espresso after the waiter said they were good. He was not wrong , the espresso was good. It's really hard to find a good cup of espresso out. We sat and enjoyed the dessert and coffees without getting the feeling that they wanted us out. Overall we were very pleased and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A little priceyDineOutsideDined on 6/21/2014Food was good quality but the portion size and lack of substantial sides was disappointing. For the price the meal needs to be more completeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent wine/drink menu and food options vary diverse. Everyone's meal was very good and reasonable for the price. They have an outside dining area that overlooks the surrounding area....nice at dusk.Special Features:
- RaklynDined on 6/20/2014Food is great but the best part is the beautiful outdoor patio. Well layed out and a great view.Special Features:
- Many gluten free options.GreatDined on 6/17/2014Wonderful view, great menu, a big selection of gluten free, great service and outside seating to make it even better. I will DEFINATELY go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotLeighannepDined on 6/15/2014Great patio with awesome sunset views. They have heaters and a fire place on the patio. Food is very good and good selection. Wine list could use an update. More wines by the glass would be nice. Prices for a 9oz glass of wine were a little steep.Special Features:
- Service great/average for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner however the portions are on the smaller side. The food presentation was excellent, but I would rather have nicer portions then an excellent presentation. They had many gluten free items to choose from and that was nice. I found them a little pricey for the portions that they gave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We have dined there several times and will continue to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th birthdaySJF13Dined on 6/13/2014Had a great visit to the Market Grille to celebrate a 30th bday. Service was great, as usual, and they were very accommodating to our needs (we brought cupcakes & balloons). Part of the group had never been before and were very impressed and would return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteHLuckDined on 6/9/2014Market Grille is one of my favorite restaurants! Always a great meal and their pre-fix dinner specials cannot be beat.Special Features:
- ExcellentTThompsonDined on 5/13/2014We attended a wine tasting dinner. We sat outside with fantastic views, not too cold (heaters on the patio). The food was fabulous and the wine pairings were excellent! I would highly recommend the Market Grille for your next dining adventureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal All-AroundSeasideJulesDined on 5/11/2014So much was appealing on the menu, it was hard to choose what to order. The Imperial Chilean Sea Bass was one excellent -- perfect texture and delicious, savory mixture of flavors. Both the jasmine rice and vegetables (zucchini and squash) were cooked to perfection. So often, I find vegetables to be overcooked; these were firm but tender. The Filet Mignon was excellent and well-seasoned. Garlic mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. Our gin and tonics were a little weak, but we then switched to the raspberry collins and they were excellent! Our service was excellent, and the server was both knowledgable and helpful. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrity personifiedchuckmac07VIPDined on 5/10/2014crowded (for some reason), mediocre over-seasoned food with no imagination, and servers who seem overworked & bored. why & how these placed exist so often in the Hartford area I'll never know.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodsushifansVIPDined on 5/10/2014Ate dinner on May 10 and it was very busy. Mussel apetizer was best in Hatford area; tuna tartar made in advance not as good as it should have been, avocado was ugly color, flavor overall was lacking. Nice variety to menu. Its a place we continue to enjoy though.
- Well done!emcole02Dined on 5/10/2014A surprise and great all american sourced restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my Mother's DayRelaxDined on 5/10/2014They accomedated are request to be seated outside without a problem. The service was quite quick considering how many other parties were there. The food was absoulutly delicious! Everyone in our group got something different, from breakfast to salads to steaks and we were all ohhing and ahhing over how wonderful our food was, and sharing tastes. Our waitress, Erica, was attentive, from having the overhead heater turned off to keeping the water glasses filled, without being pesky. The Maket Grille is a beautiful restrauant with a great view and delicious food. I cannot wait to go back with my husband for a drink outside by the fire while the sun sets.Special Features:
- Our go to spot!!JoelkruDined on 5/9/2014First off, personable and helpful staff with an answer or suggestion for any inquiry. (They turned me on to Breckinridge vodka, a real find!). Tasty apps (the fried calamari with artichokes and peppers rocks!) and interesting entree selection have us returning on a fairly regular basis.Special Features:
- Table 4 6OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We made a reservation online, which was very convenient. The food and seating was excellent! No complaints from all six diners! Had a wonderful time, didn't feel rushed. Waitress was very accomadating. Would definitely choose Market Grille for future get togethers!Special Features: