110 Buckland HIlls Drive
Manchester, CT 06042Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://marketgrillct.com/
- Phone: (860) 644-1011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Pearce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Market Grille has two unique private dining rooms that can accommodate parties from 15 to 25 guests. These locations are available anytime and can be set-up to host any type of event; from cocktail parties to seminars.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda 8606441011
A word from Market Grille
Market Grille is a casual restaurant highlighting the best domestic American products and cuisine. The extensive menu features a variety of small plates, burgers, and entrees that offer a modern twist on traditional, comfort cuisine. All of the ingredients and products utilized are locally-sourced and domestically-grown. The full bar features a large selection of American spirits including artisan vodkas, small batch bourbons, craft whiskeys, and house-made infusions. The bar also features over 30 wines by the glass and a broad selection of local, craft brews including 12 on draft. The atmosphere is a welcoming blend of modern elements and traditional American comfort. There is a large bar and outdoor patio that both feature an incredible view of the Hartford skyline and Farmington Valley. Join us to see what happens when casual, comfort goes gourmet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)scenic view (49)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (23)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (21)romantic (16)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)Show More
- pleasantly surprisedKevwizz18Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I went to Market Grille last weekend and I have to say that I was shocked. I always assumed it was just another chain restaurant with blah food, and boy was I wrong! the food is outstanding - modern and well thought out - I had the Berkshire pork special and it was easily on par with some of the better NYC restaurants I've eaten in. We will definitely be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was delicious, staff was very friendly.PattieDined on 11/15/2014Have been to this restaurant for lunch outdoors, overlooking the city. Would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/9/2014Good food served by friendly staff. Interesting options of main courses and smaller meals. Nice choice of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited to long with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
- Good food, bad service.disappointeddinerDined on 11/4/2014Have been to Market Grille several times. Generally the food and service are very good to excellent. The food was up to par, the service was not. The restaurant was not very busy. It was nearly ten minutes before the waitress made her initial appearance to take our drink order. We were unaware there were any specials that night because the waitress failed to mention any. Became aware of specials when after placing our order we over heard the waiter at the neighboring table reciting them. Got the impression the waitress was doing us a favor by "serving" us. Not a good attitude in an industry where the staff is dependent on tips.Special Features:
- wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Spent a lovely evening with an old friend. Great meal and exceptional service and relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We went for our anniversary and it was perfect. The food was amazing. Service was great. I would absolutely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Average food at high prices.. The interior is great and the waiter was excellent.. There were 5 in our party and we all thought the food was acceptable but nothing to write home about. The beer and wine selection was also acceptable..Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY DINNERTricky911Dined on 10/24/2014Took my wife here for her birthday and it was both of our first time there. Great food, service, and setting. We will be dining there again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeannieDined on 10/23/2014It was my first time and I enjoyed it immensely. The food was delicious and the waitstaff prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- ThirstyTrishDined on 10/18/2014Good food, wine pour was incorrect. We ordered fish and chips and burger platter, both were very good.Special Features:
- A miss this timeCrissy1125VIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I love MG, however this visit was simply a let down. I did contact management directly, hopefully they do right by such a wrong occasion. It was restaurant week but unless I asked for a menu, it would not have been provided, not sure if they were trying to deter customers away from that choice. We received our appetizers in a timely manner, but our entrees took over 1 hour to arrive. We watched table after table around us get their food. My hubs ordered the mushroom pasta dish, one of his favorites, but it was dry, tasteless and had about 1 mushroom total. We let our waitress know of our disappointment, not her fault. The least that could have been done was for that dish to get comped, but it was not. MG missed the mark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerdonotcookDined on 10/17/2014We called ahead to say we would be 15 mins late. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and told it would be a couple of minutes.We were soon seated and had menus to peruse. We gave our drink and dinner order at the same time. The first course arrived before the drinks. The food was great. The restaurant was very busy. Our server kept up the pace. All was served in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekJohnDVIPDined on 10/17/2014We went Friday night because it was restaurant week and they had a special three course dinner. As usual the food was great. Restaurant week can be quite loud ifyou want something quieter go any other week. The food is what brings you here. I cannot wait for the next restaurant week the special menus are always inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Market Grille - Manchester CTMCcinSWDined on 10/17/2014I've been to Market Grille several times before so I already knew of the food quality and atmosphere , Being Ct food week I was glad I made a reservation . We were seated right away and our waitress came over soon after . We selected our dinners from the CT Food week menu and for the most part were satisfied . The Homemade meatballs could have had a bit more flavor and the Duck Risotto skimped a bit on the duck . Dessert was delicious ..bananas foster & chocolate layer cake . I'm sure we'll be back .Special Features:
- bland and unremarkablechuckmac07VIPDined on 10/17/2014typical mass production setting and menu. food was actually pretty good overall, but waiter was frustrated comedian who screwed up our order at least 3X. unmemorable and mediocre experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014My husband and I have been to the Market Grill Several times. Our recent visit was to meet some out of state friends. They absolutely loved this restaurant too. I am a health fanatic, so I love the freshness of the food, and the fact that they allow for food substitues to meet dietary restrictions (within reason, of course) and the presentation of the food, the wait-staff, everthing is "spectacular".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall decentVodoDined on 10/12/2014Food was ok, drinks good, staff polite and professionalSpecial Features:
- Great Ambiance, Meh Foodmd999Dined on 10/11/2014While the Market Grille has a great and inviting ambiance with tremendous service, the food is rather average. Vegetarians in particular with be disappointed with the offerings (we don't always just want to eat mac-and-cheese, guys) or lack thereof. I would like to love this restaurant, I sadly just can't until they can't expand their menu and improve upon existing offerings.Special Features:
- Our first visit - it was okmysterydinersDined on 10/5/2014We reserved a table for 2 at 6:15 on a Sunday, and while there were a lot of tables and comfy booths that were free when we arrived, they stuck us in a little corner at a tiny table next to a very industrial, bright wine rack. The waitress (although very sweet and nice!) was not trained on the menu. For example, she left the word "andouille" off of her description for the risotto of the day because she couldn't pronounce it. Our food was OK - the clam chowder was bland, as was the pork loin. We expected much better for what they cost. The sauteed clams & mussels were good. The risotto of the day was tasty. The $23.95 complete dinner option was a good value, I was happy with that. We were not offered coffee or after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimebradhDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was pretty busy. We were sat around 7:15 for a 7:00 reservation. The decor was nice and varied. The tables were a bit crowded. The server was excellent. He was attentive and funny, but not over the top. The food tasted great and was cooked as requested.Special Features:
- FinePartyOfFourDined on 9/27/2014Food was good. Waitress was friendly but a little off. She didn't tell us about any specials or the soup of the day, though we overhead the server at a nearby table do this.Special Features:
- Not too shabbyJustBeingHonestDined on 9/26/2014Me and my girlfriend went and had made a reservation for 7:45pm on a friday night. It was busy but we were able to get a table at 7! Our waitress was new, but did a great job. The menu is pricey but for a good reason, the food is amazing. And it's all American which is a plus. Only downside: our appatizer. We got the baked potato dip or whatever, which is vermont cheese and bacon and brocoli melted in a little bowl. And i mean little. For a 10 dollar app, we barely got our moneys worth. With a handful of chips, 4 apple slices, and a few potato wedges, it was more of a high end lunchable then an app. Still would recomend to a friend, just not that app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!CTgirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014We come about once a month, and always get great service and a fantastic meal. We were I a bit of a hurry so we each ordered an appetizer as a meal, and it did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014We had a lovely time. We ate outside. Food was excellent and the outside dining experience was nice. The swordfish and salmon dishes were excellent. Also, my husband had the key lime pie which was better than any we have had down south! Food is really good but for the price of the dinners, you really don't get a whole lot. My husband and I are not big eaters, so we are quite satisfied, but I would think most people would expect more food for the price.Special Features:
- Good but not greatCTfamilyDined on 9/20/2014Very nice outdoor space, great spot for a sunset dinner or drinks. Menu is very good, food is about about average, but not quite to the level of the above-average prices. Good wine list.Special Features:
- 2014 taste of suburbsSDiCDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed our meal, excellent choices on the menu. Everything we ordered was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cposkDined on 9/19/2014Overall great night great food, felt a little rushed with the food, between appetizers and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday for DadMamaSaysShopDined on 9/14/2014We recently enjoyed a party of seven dinner at the Market Grille. The service was attentive but not overly fussy. The drinks were great. Excellent beer selection and innovative cocktail menu. We ordered both a LA care and from the pre-fixe menu. Everything was just as described, cooked perfectly and delicious. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Express DinnerLuv2dine21Dined on 9/13/2014We chose Market Grill for our date night after many friends had recommended it. The food was ok. It must have been pre cooked since it came out so fast. Our entrees were out while we were eating out appetizers. The waitress dropped our check off while we were still eating dessert. Never came back to ask if there was anything else she could get us. Three courses in 45-50 minutes. I called the manager the next day and all she could say was you were the only table that was served quickly. Obviously not a seasoned manager and she didn't care about us coming back. Never once apologized or said come back and visit us again. Not a place we will visit again. Very disappointing!
- Taste of the SuburbscountrygirlDined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 4 taking advantage of the special Taste of the Suburbs menu. Everything was excellent! The heirloom tomato tart was delicious, the red snapper cooked to perfection! My husband's steak was "one of the best" he's ever had. Beware if you're ordering soft drinks as there are no free refills.Special Features:
- underwhelmedruralfoodfinaticDined on 9/12/2014We have long been fans of other restaurants in this group (Mill on the River, Abigails, etc.) and were expecting a new scene of equal caliber. We were disappointed on all levels. Wait staff was inattentive, décor was reminiscent of a Sheraton, food appeared to be microwaved and lacking a cohesive flavor profile, all the $12 cocktails were mostly sour mix and simple syrup, steak was very undercooked and returned minutes later well done (microwave again?). We would suggest trying one of the other options in this group. We will not be returning.
- Excellent!JMP7Dined on 9/11/2014One of the best dinners I've had in some time. Great atmosphere and tremendous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodHols10VIPDined on 9/8/2014I am on a special diet and they were very accomodating. Food is good - not exceptional. Good for a weeknight dinnerSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I made a reservation and even wrote in the special instructions that we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and we would like a nice table for two on the deck. When we arrived the attitude of the host was not what I had experienced before. They sat us outside on the parking level with a view of the cars and the construction of the building next door. I made a comment and the host turned and walked away. If we ever go back, for anything special I guess I will have go to the restaurant to make the reservation and have to verbally instruct them of what I want. Service and food was wonderful.
- GreatMikeDined on 8/30/2014Been there a bunch of times and have always enjoyed the food. I always get something different and it's always good. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local summer specialsHLuckDined on 8/30/2014Locally grown and caught summer specials like line caught Chatham MA cod are fantastic!Special Features:
- Good when travelingDependable66VIPDined on 8/26/2014We usually time our trips to New England so as to include a dinner at the Market Grille on our way. OpenTable makes waiting for a table nonexistent. Love it. Menu is big enough to satisfy, but not too big as to scare me that I would think it was a glorified diner. I had a burger...real basic, but it was good. They also had a few healthy choices. Very good all around. We'll be back on our next trip.Special Features:
- Service was slow, food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014It took a long time to see any waiter for even our drink order. Water glasses were dirty, so we waited an extended period of time before the server decided to give us water in wine glasses. The server had to come back to verify our orders a couple of times. He was friendly, but seemed flustered and did not know the menu well. We ordered a drink with dinner that didn't come out until after the meal was complete. It seemed like they were understaffed and ill-prepared for the Saturday evening rush. However, the food was excellent, and the specialty drinks were delightful. We particularly enjoyed the Ahi tuna appetizer, the southwest style salmon entree, and for drinks the Bacon Bloody Mary and Blackberry Mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Visit to Market GrilleParrotHeadBabeDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent - I had the tuna tartar appetizer & stuffed cod for dinner - both were flavorful and well prepared. My husband had the risotto balls as an appetizer & the everything tuna for dinner and was as equally as pleased as I was. We have dined here before & will again due to the amazing food! The ambiance of the restaurant is a bit upscale & appropriate for "date night" but you can still expect to see children there so keep that in mind. Our waitress Theresa left a little to be desired with her serving skills. I ordered a white wine & received red & I had to point this error out to her - she was juggling a large party seated next to us but we still felt a little neglected compared to the service the party was receiving.Special Features: