Market Garden Brewery
1947 W 25th ST
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Market Garden Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketgardenbrewery.com/
- Phone: (216) 621-4000
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Andrew Bower
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: 20-350 people. Our private dining room, with views of all the action inside the brewery, can hold 50 people for a formal sit down dinner or 75 for a cocktail party. We also have our outdoor beer garden, the largest in Cleveland, which can hold up to 100 for dinner and 140 for cocktail party. Soon we will be opening our spacious party room that will have seating for 120.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Berkowitz 2166214000
- Entertainment: Although we don’t offer a set entertainment schedule, Market Garden regularly books bands, dj's, and other forms of entertainment. For an up to date schedule, please check out www.marketgardenbrewery.com
- Cross Street: W. 25th St. and Lorain Ave.
- Public Transit: Visit www.marketgarden.com for a map of the brewery location and detailed public transportation information. We are across the street from the West 25th Rapid Transit stop and are off of many of the busiest bus routes.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Visit www.marketgardenbrewery.com for a map and detailed parking information. Free parking is available directly behind MGB with entrances from Lorain Avenue and Bridge Avenue. There is a pay lot around the corner on West 26th and Market Avenue. Also, there is ample metered and free parking on West 25th Street and the surrounding area.
A word from Market Garden Brewery
Market Garden Brewery features a 3,000 square foot "American beer garden", three fireplaces, two indoor bars, and private dining space for up to 400. The brewpub features a modern American pub menu featuring local and organic ingredients sourced primarily from our historic neighbor, the West Side Market, and the wonderful farms that dot our community. This dynamic menu is brought to you by Executive Chef Andrew Bower. Market Garden is home to a 10 barrel brew house that has brewed up a menu of a dozen beers that span the flavor spectrum from easy drinking session lagers to big beasty ipas and porters. Noted brew master Andy Tveekrem, formerly head brewer at Dogfish Head, is at the helm. We also carry an exciting guest beer list highlighting the ever-changing American craft beer scene along with an extensive liquor & cocktail program focused primarily on American whiskies and spirits from the nation's top Micro-distilleries. Hope to see you in Ohio City soonContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Market Garden Brewery - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
Market Garden Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (29)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (12)special occasion (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great place for beer and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I met an out-of-town friend here for lunch. Although our friend was late, at no time did we feel a bit rushed, and the place was busy. It was very cozy on a cold day, although we have also enjoyed eating on the patio in the summer. The beer selections and descriptions were outstanding, and I liked your Festivus Ale better than a competitor's Christmas Ale. The Market Salad and Mussels were excellent, and the others liked the Pulled Chicken Tacos (on a soft tortilla, as requested) and the Market Garden burger. All in all - a very successful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best new microbrewery in CLELudwikaVIPDined on 11/14/2014This is the third time that I've been here, all with friends or my husband. It's my new fine. Food is interesting and excellently prepared, ambiance and service is great! You won't be disappointed. Oh, I'm not much of a beer drinker but I really have enjoyed the microbrews I've tasted...my friends on the other hand, love beer and really enjoy the microbrews here...seasonal beers, so some of them do change for the new season. I recommend this restaurant every chance I get!!!! It's a winner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beer and pretzelskxs45Dined on 10/25/2014This is one of my favorite places for outdoor dining in warm weather. I had never sat inside until this visit, and the noise level made conversation a challenge. We were there at 7:15 on a Saturday, which I'm sure is one of their busiest times. Still, I like the décor and the food, the service is good, and the beer is great. The pretzels are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegans need food too!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We had a Great time before the game and after. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great microbrewery!LudwikaVIPDined on 10/2/2014Brought my husband and a couple of out-of-town friends here for lunch after trying it myself a couple of weeks prior with a friend. Food is consistently excellent....tasty and well prepared. I'm not a beer lover but do enjoy their lighter microbrews...goes well with brats, pierogies & pulled pork. The only complaint I have is with the desserts. They usually only have one on the menu...this time I tried the caramel panna cotta...it was like eating a caramel jello...rubbery and not tasty at all...not what panna cotta is supposed to be. Last time, I had the sweet potato pie, which was better than the panna cotta but not great. They need to hire a good pastry chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ohio City StandardDavidVIPDined on 9/26/2014Given the history of the area - Market Garden Brewery has quickly become a neighborhood standard and one of my favorite places. I know what I'm getting into here - great flavors, good brew, and good service. The place is great with large groups or just two people out to enjoy dinner with a drink. I always recommend this place to newbies in the Cleveland area.Special Features:
- GailGailDined on 9/19/2014Good selection of beers, can get a sampler if you want to try a bunch of them. Nice menu and reasonable prices. Food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brewery in ClevelandLudwikaVIPDined on 9/15/2014Market St. Brewery definitely gives the other breweries competition. I'm not a beer lover and much prefer wines but they have a lighter beer that is fantastic. My friend loves beer and tried two of Market St.'s and loved them. The food is well prepared & delicious. I had the same brat & pierogi dish at another brewery across the street from this one and that brewery's doesn't compare to this one. The pierogis were just like my Mom used to make. The brats cooked to perfection very tasty. My friend had the BBQ'd pork sandwich served on sturdy grain bread & not the usual soggy bun. It had delicious BBQ sauce...just the right amount...not dripping all over like some places serve. We'll definitely be back and bring family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamcgDined on 9/6/2014Our entire party enjoyed the menu. Beer sampler was a great way to taste all of the house brewed beers.Special Features:
- great 1st experiencethegreatwhitehunterDined on 9/5/2014had a great time for our 1st visit. Food was well prepared atmosphere was inviting and fun . menu a little short but without any concern everything was great everyone's meal hot and delicious . The other couple was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up they've been there before .I will certainly return thanks for a great memory :) a certain member really liked the pumpking beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food long waitFrankieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Five of us recently dined here for lunch. The place has a nice lunch menu and good beer list. We enjoyed our food. The shrimp tacos were very good but service was pretty slow. It took us a long time for our drink order to come out and some of us ordered appetizers. We waited almost an hour for our lunch to come out and everything came out at one time - salads, appetizers and meals which was really strange. Wait staff didn't really come over to check on our drinks until well into our meal. Would probably come back to sit at the bar.Special Features:
- Just okayOHEngVIPDined on 8/26/2014Been to Market Garden several times and have never been very impressed. Beer selection is decent and the beer is good. Salads are good, especially the beet salad. Pulled pork is decent, but not memorable. Fish tacos don't have much mahi mahi and what they had was overcooked. The brocolli rabe sandwich was mostly bread. Need to stick to the burgers and pork.
- Zero serviceThatcherTDined on 8/2/2014I made reservations for my wife and I for a night out. We don't often get to go out due to work and family obligations. I've been to Market Garden a few times and always had a great experience. This time however we were seated and never once did a waiter come to the table. People around is were seated and served, I tried to get the attention of a couple waiters but never got anyone to come over. After waiting 45 mins we just walked out. It's one thing to not notice, it's another to make blatant eye contact and just walk by as I'm trying to wave you down. Don't think I'll be returning here anytime soon.
- Good experienceNat8990Dined on 8/1/2014I made OpenTable reservation 20 mintues before I showed up. When I got there, a table was reserved. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. Food was good. Only drawback is parking in the area, but the restaurant does have offer valet parking. Overall good experience.Special Features:
- blah brunchPickyVIPDined on 7/27/2014We checked this place out for brunch on my daughter's recommendation (with her). She read about it and thought it sounded interesting. The food was fair, at best. Same for the service. It seems like a great place for 20 and 30-somethings to hang out and watch sports on TV. Not for me!Special Features:
- The following 292 reviews are from the Market Garden Brewery reviews archive.
- Go there only for the beer!GaffiganFanDined on 7/23/2014Pro's: The beer selection is excellent. The pours are not true "pint" glasses, more like 14 oz, but I did sample a few and they were all at the perfect temp and tasted great. Con's: Don't eat here. Maybe my expectations were WAY too high after seeing the prices on the menu. The descriptions sound incredible - a very ambitious, eclectic menu, but the execution was poor. Duck sliders were dry and had a strange flavor. Shrimp tacos were so-so and the fish tacos were bland. I had the bratwurst and pierogies, and the brat was the size of my index finger. Mac n cheese with chorizo and kale was 'meh'. All 8 of us were disappointed - esp me I b/c i picked up the tab! I don't get why the place was packed on a Wed nite - all first time diners?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We took my parents before a concert. We had the fish tacos. The beer and food were very good. Service was really good for us. I was concerned about service looking at other reviews; but we had a great experience. It did take a little long to get our food, but we were out to have fun and not in any type of hurry.Special Features:
- Both great beer & great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014There are more & more brew-pubs to choose from in Cleveland, especially in Ohio City, but MGB remains my favorite because of its combination of excellent beers & excellent locally - sourced food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to spot for out of town guestsRustBeltBarbieDined on 7/11/2014Market Garden is a favorite of mine for out of town guests. The beer is some of the best in Cleveland- thoughtful, local and not as heavy or intellectual as many of the breweries nearby. The food is a great take on classic comfort food- with fresh local ingredients and an eye for detail that makes it special. Great prices and even better service! Nothing like the smell of a campfire as hot summer days turn to cool nights. A perfect, relaxing place to take out of town guests who want a taste of real Cleveland-style food and drink.Special Features:
- Wedding After-Reception PartyCallaghanVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great time with about 35- 40 people - our server did an incredible job. Management should have provided us another server, given the size of the group and the fact that just about everyone ordered food and drinks. Our friends made the reservation ahead of time. My only recommendation if you reserve a room for this large a group is to request at least two servers. Otherwise, we had a blast and appreciate their hospitality and hard-work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014They lost our order and it took over an hour to get our food after we ordered. Waitress was dodging us because she knew we were upset. Atmosphere was cool, though.Special Features:
- Great family night outFoodiesitbeDined on 6/20/2014We took our teenaged kids to Market Garden Brewery and loved it! Everyone has a tasty meal and my husband and I enjoyed good beer. Fun location, great food, great service!Special Features:
- Fun and good beerEBI2Dined on 6/15/2014This is a place to meet the gang before the game, after the game, or to watch the game. Good sports bar food and really good beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful OC daytoots756Dined on 6/14/2014The staff was very accomodating to our growing table size and allowed us to pull up stool after stool we could find to our table. Melody provided great service and attention to our large group with a smile! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great PlaceJoeDVIPDined on 6/1/2014This was our first time to this restaurant - in fact, even though we have been to Cleveland a number of times, we did not even know this area existed. Had brunch here - was absolutely fantastic. Good selection of brunch items. Service was good and the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shu8910Dined on 6/1/2014Brunch was amazing! The bagel sandwich was awesome. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great PlaceKozyDined on 5/30/2014We we're looking for a place to eat before heading to the comedy club. A friend suggested Market Garden Brewery. So we tried it out and we are all glad we did. Made out resevations on Opentable, arrived at the Brewery and we were seated right on time. Beer was excellent and the food was excellent too! Great service ! We will be back!Special Features:
- Multi-cultural ClevelandClevelandBornNRaisedDined on 5/17/2014I took two foreign colleagues to Market Garden, so they could sample a diverse selection of American cuisine - from BBQ to fried chicken, to Polish, German, and Mexican-influenced dishes indicative of the multi-cultural heritage of the city. They loved the food and Market Garden was a great place to give a good impression of the city. The service was great, and though it was a busy Saturday night the kitchen's timing was perfect.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BustColumbusfoodiesDined on 5/11/2014We took a group of 5 on Mother's day and were hoping to show mom a great night out at a place of her request. We drove nearly 50 minutes to get here, paid $6. for parking on a Sunday, and thankfully were seated right away. The service was terrible. All of us were set to drink multiple rounds and seeing as we could barely flag our server down when needed, we just gave up after our initial order. The food was overpriced and not very good. If going at all, just sit at the bar for drinks and go elsewhere to eat. At least the beer was good.Special Features:
- Somewhat dissapointedMissBDined on 5/11/2014We had a group of 7 for Mother's Day Brunch. Waited an unusually long time for our meals to arrive - the server brought us a bag of popcorn to share and said they were backed up in the kitchen. I love their breakfast poutine - which I often order when we go for brunch. Normally it is served with breakfast potatoes - this time it was served on French fries. Might not seem like a big deal - but it was a disappointment. I don't complain or send things back - will just rethink dining there in the future.Special Features:
- Worst Mothers day BrunchasedDined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation, the restaurant still had open tables upsrairs, but we where seated in the basement area. It was cute, placed our orders and they pretty much forgot about us. Took over an hour to get our food. Then it was cold to top it off. We where told they where busy. Yet the basement dinning was only us at that point, and there where a lot of open table in the main area. They pretty much lost our order.
- Great Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Food and service were excellent. Not very conducive to having a conversation but loved the atmosphere for a late night bar!Special Features:
- Love to eat outLoveFoodDined on 5/5/2014Market garden was OK. Too Expensive for what the amount of food you received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSkairt2Dined on 5/3/2014We were very pleased with Market Garden Brewery! The food was amazing! The beers were very good. There is a large outside area that can be used most of the year because there are propane heaters. The atmosphere is great. It was a great addition to our "go to" list!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Too crowded to get great service. We were seated downstairs with a number of large groups, while we had only 3.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Market Garden Brewery was a fun place with a great atmosphere, but service was not the greatest. Waitress helping our waiter was rude, and we hardly saw our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeshu8910Dined on 4/11/2014Always a great spot. Our go to place when we have a kid free night. Great beer and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the departure of Michaelthe109Dined on 4/6/2014After the departure of Michael Nowak I thought the food was a bit off mark. New executive chef Maggie Scwenk has turned that around and put her stamp on some new favorites - Scotch eggs being one of them! As always the beer didn't disappoint and the entire wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable!!! Kudos to Sam and his entire crewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shift Changethg765VIPDined on 4/4/2014We had a reservation and got there around 3 on a Friday. We were seated right away. After waiting a bit we had to go to the bar to get the first two rounds. No one wanted to serve our table which was right by the bar. Around 4 the shifts changed and we had excellent service. The beer is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opening Day- Fun FUn FUN!AgoodtimesVIPDined on 4/4/2014Had a great time hanging out at MGB on Indian's 2014 Opening Day. Awesome service, food, and drinks. Always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.