519 North Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketbistroli.com/
- Phone: (516) 513-1487
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Open Tuesday - Friday 12pm - Close
Prix Fixe Daily Tuesday - Thursday 5-7pm Fi Sat 5 - 6pm Sunday All Night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William J. Holden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have an off premise catering menu available for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the restaurant for luncheon parties on Saturday or Sunday afternoons from 12 to 4pm.
A word from Market Bistro
Join us for our Prix Fixe Menu nightly. Tuesday - Thursday 5-7 . Fri/Sat 5-6pm . Sunday All night.
Market Bistro is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, located in Jericho, New York. Our objective is to offer quality, market-driven, seasonal contemporary American food. Our chefs will strive to use the freshest ingredients, emphasizing seasonal and local, whenever possible. The focal point of the restaurant is our exciting looking bar which will feature a wine list of local and international wines and a great roster of draft and bottled beers from regional small batch brewers. We will offer the same soul-satisfying type food, relaxed atmosphere , hospitality and value that we bring to you at our sister restaurant, West End Cafe.Continued
Join us for our Prix Fixe Menu nightly. Tuesday - Thursday 5-7 . Fri/Sat 5-6pm . Sunday All night.
Market Bistro is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, located in Jericho, New York. Our objective is to offer quality, market-driven, seasonal contemporary American food. Our chefs will strive to use the freshest ingredients, emphasizing seasonal and local, whenever possible. The focal point of the restaurant is our exciting looking bar which will feature a wine list of local and international wines and a great roster of draft and bottled beers from regional small batch brewers. We will offer the same soul-satisfying type food, relaxed atmosphere , hospitality and value that we bring to you at our sister restaurant, West End Cafe.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (72)vibrant bar scene (38)good for groups (30)great for lunch (30)hot spot (29)special occasion (29)notable wine list (22)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- ConsistentFazio55VIPDined on 11/23/2014I always have a very good meal at bistro. Everything is local fresh food with a nice room and pleasant service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/poor servicetopgumVIPDined on 11/20/2014While the food was very good, the service was extremely slow. We were just two people for dinner. The host offered to seat us at a long table near the bar. We sat at one end and another couple were at the opposite end. What we did not know was that the host was going to seat other parties at the same table. We felt like we were at one of those all you can eat restaurants in Lancaster! We had told the server that we wanted to order wine with dinner. He never returned to take the wine order and the dinner came out before he returned. The food is very good, but there are many, many other restaurants on Long Island from which to choose for good food and GOOD SERVICE.Special Features:
- slenowSJL04VIPDined on 11/16/2014We have been to Market Bistro many times. Always an enjoyable experience. The food is great, varied and interesting. The service is always professional and polite. The place is warm and friendly. Will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageEviemelVIPDined on 11/16/2014The food was just average. We had meatballs, bison sliders, and lamb pasta. My pumpkin chai cocktail was not very good- at all. The server seemed to not want to be bothered serving our table. However, the bus boy was sweet and animated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB was highly recommended by a foodie friend but..Lychee1Dined on 11/14/2014Having had good food & overall experiences at MB sister restaurant I expected a similar or better experience here. We had a party of 4, my wife, son & daughter, on a Fri nite, for our anniversary, we had a 6pm reservation and when we arrived the restaurant wasn't even 1/3 full yet the hostess was rushed, no greeting or smiles just a "What's the name and this way". Once seated our waiter took at least 10 minutes to acknowledge us even thou he waited on the table right next to us and walked past us at least twice. The waiter was very rushed and unpleasant when he finally acknowledged our table, when we declined ordering alcohol at the on set he states"In that case let have that" removes the wine list and walks away before we had a chance to order anything else. When my wife ordered a beer he takes a big huff as if it was a bother. We were very pleased with the appetizers and entrees, the atmosphere was comfortable but our wait service was subpar, the busboy was the friendliest of the staff. We probably won't return for the food since we can get better service elsewhere.Special Features:
- Easy ro overlook, but don'tnycfoodieDined on 11/8/2014Like mAny restaurants on LI, this one is nondescript, part of the Whole Foods and Marshalls parking lot. But don't be fooled-the interior of the restaurant is modern and attractive and the food will make you think you are somewhere in Flat iron. Great meal!Special Features:
- Wonderful farm to table menu !BMdineVIPDined on 11/8/2014We came during an early Saturday night dinner before heading to a show at the Tilles center. We came during restaurant week and although they can not make substitons they tried there best to accommodate for food allergies. We have dined 4x at other points and the menu is flexible concerning food allergies. Appetizers kale / spinach Caesar and main course was cod fish followed by homemade s'mores brownies and lava cake for dessert with ice cream. Delicious!!!! Wine list wine extensive; lively bar . We got out exactly when we had asked to catch our show and we were even sent off with a cordial enjoy the show . A definite neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deedaVIPDined on 11/6/2014food was good, very crowed as it was "Restaurant week"Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014My turkey burger was just ok. The bun was burned, too, so it wasn't great. I'd give it another try though because the restaurant is beautiful.Special Features:
- Bernie SteinberniethebearVIPDined on 11/5/2014Market Bistro has become our "go to place" when dining with friends. Food is always consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- restweek2014Dined on 11/4/2014Tried it for restaurant week and now will go back regularly. Tried to make another reservation for Saturday night for 6 new people but was booked will try again another night. Also very impressed with the food portions considering it was restaurant week (other restaurants adjust the portions and the menu so it is not a true tasting).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to the neighborhoodDKLIDined on 11/4/2014This was my second visit. Again, everyone at the table enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!enjoyableVIPDined on 11/1/2014Probably the best farm to table restaurant in the area! Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteHarryPVIPDined on 10/30/2014Whether it's a friend coming in from out of town (as this visit was) or my son's birthday or just a nice dinner with the Mrs., Market Bistro always delivers. Great food, great drinks, great staff. Perfect.Special Features:
- Dine ElsewhereFoodGoodieDined on 10/26/2014The high level of noise distracted from a dining experience. Tables are small and set very close to each other giving Market Bistro a Mess Hall or Bar atmosphere. There was no room on the table for the bread basket so we had to put it on the floor. The mussels came with a small bucket to dispose of shells so more items were relegated to the floor.Special Features:
- Rustic ambience restuarantan1619Dined on 10/25/2014My friend and I love the rustic set up of this place. I got the pre fixe menu with meatballs which was average as starter. My entree was the local stripped bass which was hearty and filling for me that I ate half of my plate to save room for dessert. My dessert was the warm flour less chocolate cake with delicious caramel ice cream which I really enjoyed! My friend got grits and cheddar tots which was a great starter and lamb pappardelle as her meal which she also really enjoyed. Again it was filling so she ate half of both to save room for dessert. For dessert she had the bread pudding which she liked as well. We would definitely come back and try other dishes and enjoy the ambiance of the place again.Special Features:
- Great food, extremely rude serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food is delicious. Service was very good, until we were eating desert. In the middle of desert the check was plopped on our table. As soon as we finished desert, the busboy cleared the table, including the table mats in a very hurried way. He said they need the table. The 2 tables on either side of us were seated at the same time and those tables were not cleared. When I told the manager what the busboy said his answer was" I told them not to say that " and he turned to another customer. Too bad, we could have been regular customers.Special Features:
- Great food and drinkRetirededDined on 10/24/2014Impressive wine and beer lists. Long and well stocked bar with good seating. Dinner menu covers all tastes with a variety of eclectic combinationa from mostly local sources. Servers know the menu well and will help a first timer navigate the selections. A bit upscale and well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Rude ServiceLovesGoodFoodDined on 10/24/2014I went there on Friday as a group of 4. While the food was delicious and there were some great menu options, I am not sure if it could make up for our rude, pretentious waiter.Special Features:
- Nice on the inside but tastelessplopes2929Dined on 10/23/2014Overall the staff and atmosphere where nice but the taste in food is not worth the investment. My wife and I shared the Lamb small plate, and mussels both severely lacking in flavor. I hate spending money on food I can cook better at home. Probably a get place to get drinks thoughSpecial Features:
- Perfect for lunch or dinnerblondeparrotheadDined on 10/21/2014I have been to Market Bistro a number of times and have never been disappointed. From a girl's night out with 8 other women, to lunch with colleagues, to eating at the bar the food has always been consistently great. Particularly love the black bean and avocado dip and market pickles for appetizers and their salads are wonderful. Sophisticated and delicious - you can't go wrong whether it is a casual lunch or a romantic dinner and the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating!!Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food always good - service very slow this visit. Lobster Roll, a special was exceellent; presentations lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldnt see my foodZeeZeeDined on 10/14/2014The table we were sat at was not complete. The room was dark and when we sat down they made it darker. Had no candle on the table. The couple to my left had to use her phone to see what was on her salad. The people to the right asked for more candles. They needed them to READ THE MENU. Oh and they were not over the age of 40.Special Features:
- IlovebeefDined on 10/8/2014Consistently delisous,always great service!! Enjoy bringing friends for the first time, alway a wonderful experience .Special Features:
- Worth a visitDream2eatVIPDined on 10/3/2014Took my family for the first time to this neighborhood spot. What a cool place ! Service was great from every type of employee. Appetizers and dinner were yummy with the chicken in the skillet being the table favorite. The beer selections were very vast, interesting and tasted good. I think we found our go to place. Keep it up Market Bistro !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hectic LunchtimeBusyBankerDined on 10/1/2014I've been to Market Bistro 3X for lunch. Once it was serene, once it was busy but acceptable, and once it was bedlam (s...l...o...w service, wrong order, disappearing waiter). The food is great, the noise level is borderline, and the service is sometimes marginal. A word to the wise...make a reservation and AVOID FRIDAYS.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed everything, as always, except that waiter forgot our small plates, which the 4 of us wanted to enjoy with our drinks before having our appetizers brought to the table. He did apologize & is an excellent waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Enjoyable ExperienceAnnCVIPDined on 9/30/2014Hubby and I enjoyed cocktails, appetizers (mussels and black bean avocado dip), entrees (special pork chop and tile fish) and shared a dessert (chocolate cake with carmel ice cream) and all was excellent. Not sure about the black bean avocado dip, kind of bland.Special Features:
- Excellent Choice!MizzpizzDined on 9/30/2014Great location for a friendly lunch or a business lunch. Food was fresh, well prepared, and current (butternut squash soup, pumpkin ales...you get the picture!). Service was very good...never felt rushed, had another soda before I asked for it, offered drink selections to make the right choice...really an upscale experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the MarketgreatVIPDined on 9/21/2014it was our first time at MB. the service and the food were excellent, we will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- great food, great servicegreatmeetupplaceDined on 9/21/2014We were a group of four celebrating our Anniversaries. We arrived on a Sunday just as the restaurant was opening. Our waitress was extremely warm and professional. Two of us ordered from the price fix menu which was not only delicious but affordable. The kale salads were yummie, as was the shrimp in occich pasta dinner. the apple crisp could have been a slight bit warmer but delicious just the same. One of our party had a special lamb dinner and loved it!!!! The fourth had a ny strip steak though very good would have liked alittle more of it. It was a fabulous evening of great people, great food and wonderful service. We would all return in the future.Special Features:
- Consistently delishFoodiegal28Dined on 9/19/2014We always have an outstanding meal at this restaurant. Reservations should always be made in advance as they book up quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite restauranttootsVIPDined on 9/13/2014we have eaten in this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. we find the food and service excellent. the only drawback is sometimes the restaurant is a little too noisy.Special Features:
- WaitwhydoineedanicknameVIPDined on 9/12/2014Got there early and seated late. There were empty tables
- Solid choiceRoloVIPDined on 9/12/2014Consistently solid restaurant with good wines by the glass and a really nice beer selection.Special Features:
- family night outrobbieDined on 9/10/2014first time there and we were not disappointed. first off our waitress recommended the avocado and black bean dip which was awesome. I had the pork chop which was perfect, my wife had the short rib which she loved and my daughter had seared tuna which she said was great. Dessert was an assortment of sorbet and biscotti which topped off the night quite nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodenjoyableVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food in a boisterous atmosphere. There is an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service! Menu includes local vendors and outstanding selection. Adam is seen at the front, behind the bar and going from table to table to ensure a wonderful dining experience. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food, but.......NeedEarPlugsUwill2Dined on 9/5/2014The food and ambience is great. However, the noise level will not draw me back to enjoy another delicious meal. Too bad. It must be the bad acoustics. It was most difficult to hear the person sitting next to me. What a pity because the food and service were excellent. I recommend this restaurant highly for the food and service, but...............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDonnaFDined on 9/4/2014Been there several times now, and it's amazing each and every time!! The service is impeccable! The food is always so fresh and delicious! Love it!!Special Features: