519 North Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketbistroli.com/
- Phone: 5165131487x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Open Tuesday - Friday 12pm - Close
Prix Fixe Daily Tuesday - Thursday 5-7pm Fi Sat 5 - 6pm Sunday All Night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William J. Holden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have an off premise catering menu available for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the restaurant for luncheon parties on Saturday or Sunday afternoons from 12 to 4pm.
A word from Market Bistro
Join us for our Prix Fixe Menu nightly. Tuesday - Thursday 5-7 . Fri/Sat 5-6pm . Sunday All night.
Market Bistro is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, located in Jericho, New York. Our objective is to offer quality, market-driven, seasonal contemporary American food. Our chefs will strive to use the freshest ingredients, emphasizing seasonal and local, whenever possible. The focal point of the restaurant is our exciting looking bar which will feature a wine list of local and international wines and a great roster of draft and bottled beers from regional small batch brewers. We will offer the same soul-satisfying type food, relaxed atmosphere , hospitality and value that we bring to you at our sister restaurant, West End Cafe.Continued
Join us for our Prix Fixe Menu nightly. Tuesday - Thursday 5-7 . Fri/Sat 5-6pm . Sunday All night.
Market Bistro is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, located in Jericho, New York. Our objective is to offer quality, market-driven, seasonal contemporary American food. Our chefs will strive to use the freshest ingredients, emphasizing seasonal and local, whenever possible. The focal point of the restaurant is our exciting looking bar which will feature a wine list of local and international wines and a great roster of draft and bottled beers from regional small batch brewers. We will offer the same soul-satisfying type food, relaxed atmosphere , hospitality and value that we bring to you at our sister restaurant, West End Cafe.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (70)vibrant bar scene (39)hot spot (31)great for lunch (29)special occasion (28)good for groups (27)notable wine list (19)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Dine ElsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The high level of noise distracted from a dining experience. Tables are small and set very close to each other giving Market Bistro a Mess Hall or Bar atmosphere. There was no room on the table for the bread basket so we had to put it on the floor. The mussels came with a small bucket to dispose of shells so more items were relegated to the floor.Special Features:
- Great food, extremely rude serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food is delicious. Service was very good, until we were eating desert. In the middle of desert the check was plopped on our table. As soon as we finished desert, the busboy cleared the table, including the table mats in a very hurried way. He said they need the table. The 2 tables on either side of us were seated at the same time and those tables were not cleared. When I told the manager what the busboy said his answer was" I told them not to say that " and he turned to another customer. Too bad, we could have been regular customers.Special Features:
- Great food and drinkRetirededDined on 10/24/2014Impressive wine and beer lists. Long and well stocked bar with good seating. Dinner menu covers all tastes with a variety of eclectic combinationa from mostly local sources. Servers know the menu well and will help a first timer navigate the selections. A bit upscale and well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Rude ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I went there on Friday as a group of 4. While the food was delicious and there were some great menu options, I am not sure if it could make up for our rude, pretentious waiter.Special Features:
- Nice on the inside but tastelessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Overall the staff and atmosphere where nice but the taste in food is not worth the investment. My wife and I shared the Lamb small plate, and mussels both severely lacking in flavor. I hate spending money on food I can cook better at home. Probably a get place to get drinks thoughSpecial Features:
- Perfect for lunch or dinnerblondeparrotheadDined on 10/21/2014I have been to Market Bistro a number of times and have never been disappointed. From a girl's night out with 8 other women, to lunch with colleagues, to eating at the bar the food has always been consistently great. Particularly love the black bean and avocado dip and market pickles for appetizers and their salads are wonderful. Sophisticated and delicious - you can't go wrong whether it is a casual lunch or a romantic dinner and the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating!!Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food always good - service very slow this visit. Lobster Roll, a special was exceellent; presentations lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldnt see my foodZeeZeeDined on 10/14/2014The table we were sat at was not complete. The room was dark and when we sat down they made it darker. Had no candle on the table. The couple to my left had to use her phone to see what was on her salad. The people to the right asked for more candles. They needed them to READ THE MENU. Oh and they were not over the age of 40.Special Features:
- IlovebeefDined on 10/8/2014Consistently delisous,always great service!! Enjoy bringing friends for the first time, alway a wonderful experience .Special Features:
- Worth a visitDream2eatVIPDined on 10/3/2014Took my family for the first time to this neighborhood spot. What a cool place ! Service was great from every type of employee. Appetizers and dinner were yummy with the chicken in the skillet being the table favorite. The beer selections were very vast, interesting and tasted good. I think we found our go to place. Keep it up Market Bistro !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hectic LunchtimeBusyBankerDined on 10/1/2014I've been to Market Bistro 3X for lunch. Once it was serene, once it was busy but acceptable, and once it was bedlam (s...l...o...w service, wrong order, disappearing waiter). The food is great, the noise level is borderline, and the service is sometimes marginal. A word to the wise...make a reservation and AVOID FRIDAYS.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed everything, as always, except that waiter forgot our small plates, which the 4 of us wanted to enjoy with our drinks before having our appetizers brought to the table. He did apologize & is an excellent waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Enjoyable ExperienceAnnCVIPDined on 9/30/2014Hubby and I enjoyed cocktails, appetizers (mussels and black bean avocado dip), entrees (special pork chop and tile fish) and shared a dessert (chocolate cake with carmel ice cream) and all was excellent. Not sure about the black bean avocado dip, kind of bland.Special Features:
- Excellent Choice!MizzpizzDined on 9/30/2014Great location for a friendly lunch or a business lunch. Food was fresh, well prepared, and current (butternut squash soup, pumpkin ales...you get the picture!). Service was very good...never felt rushed, had another soda before I asked for it, offered drink selections to make the right choice...really an upscale experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the MarketgreatVIPDined on 9/21/2014it was our first time at MB. the service and the food were excellent, we will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- great food, great servicegreatmeetupplaceDined on 9/21/2014We were a group of four celebrating our Anniversaries. We arrived on a Sunday just as the restaurant was opening. Our waitress was extremely warm and professional. Two of us ordered from the price fix menu which was not only delicious but affordable. The kale salads were yummie, as was the shrimp in occich pasta dinner. the apple crisp could have been a slight bit warmer but delicious just the same. One of our party had a special lamb dinner and loved it!!!! The fourth had a ny strip steak though very good would have liked alittle more of it. It was a fabulous evening of great people, great food and wonderful service. We would all return in the future.Special Features:
- Consistently delishFoodiegal28Dined on 9/19/2014We always have an outstanding meal at this restaurant. Reservations should always be made in advance as they book up quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite restauranttootsVIPDined on 9/13/2014we have eaten in this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. we find the food and service excellent. the only drawback is sometimes the restaurant is a little too noisy.Special Features:
- WaitwhydoineedanicknameVIPDined on 9/12/2014Got there early and seated late. There were empty tables
- Solid choiceRoloVIPDined on 9/12/2014Consistently solid restaurant with good wines by the glass and a really nice beer selection.Special Features:
- family night outrobbieDined on 9/10/2014first time there and we were not disappointed. first off our waitress recommended the avocado and black bean dip which was awesome. I had the pork chop which was perfect, my wife had the short rib which she loved and my daughter had seared tuna which she said was great. Dessert was an assortment of sorbet and biscotti which topped off the night quite nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodenjoyableVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food in a boisterous atmosphere. There is an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service! Menu includes local vendors and outstanding selection. Adam is seen at the front, behind the bar and going from table to table to ensure a wonderful dining experience. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food, but.......NeedEarPlugsUwill2Dined on 9/5/2014The food and ambience is great. However, the noise level will not draw me back to enjoy another delicious meal. Too bad. It must be the bad acoustics. It was most difficult to hear the person sitting next to me. What a pity because the food and service were excellent. I recommend this restaurant highly for the food and service, but...............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDonnaFDined on 9/4/2014Been there several times now, and it's amazing each and every time!! The service is impeccable! The food is always so fresh and delicious! Love it!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemTrueGemDined on 8/29/2014Great spot for a drink and small plates. Also, good dinners and flatbreads for any occasion.Special Features:
- ShhhhVinnyNYCDined on 8/28/2014Don't tell your friends, don't talk about it at all, or it will become impossible to get a reservation. Just let it be our secret.Special Features:
- High End Rustic FeelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the ambiance here. Low key-high end dining experience. The food was above and beyond. Thank you for an incredible date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Baby1213VIPDined on 8/20/2014As always the serbice and food are superb. Have dined here many a times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for NetworkingClaudineDined on 8/20/2014Great place to hangout and have a great meal. Met some former students of mine that are now working as teachers in Jericho. We caught up on their lives, careers and also had time to brainstorm about the upcoming school year.Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 8/19/2014The portions are quite generous and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and uniquesomebodyDined on 8/15/2014We found Market Bistro fairly randomly and decided to give it a shot for our anniversary dinner. We ate like kings and everything was delicious. We decided to get a bunch of appetizers and tapas and call that our meal and it was perfect. As for ambiance - it was extremely noisy inside the restaurant so we opted to sit outside and were very happy we did so. We will be going back there again.Special Features:
- Food excellent, service wantingjparteachDined on 8/14/2014This was our first time at Market Bistro. We went on a beautiful evening and took advantage of their outdoor seating. Even though that is really on the sidewalk by a parking lot, it was a lovely setting. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the black bean and avocado dip as well as our entrees of short ribs and the special fish of the day. My only complaint is that our server was not that attentive. We would ask for something, like a refill on a glass of wine, and have to wait a long time to get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUHungryVIPDined on 8/13/2014Arrived at 6:15pm for dinner before going to the movies. Server did a great job of promptly taking our order and getting us out on time. Dining room was filled up by 7:00 and we could see why. Great atmosphere, food and service. Highly recommended for a casual French bistro experience.Special Features:
- Can't get basics right,paulsb01Dined on 8/10/2014Fish had tough sections and could not be cut. Burger was tough and had no flavor. Pretty sad.
- Open Table VIP????cam907VIPDined on 8/9/2014I received an e-mail stating that I had reached Open Table VIP status. It held no weight with this restaurant. Our table was facing the kitchen with broadway-like bright lights as well as accompanying noise! We asked the hostess for a different table and she refused to give us one. Needless to say, we will not be returning here.
- great find!tootsVIPDined on 8/9/2014this restaurant never disappoints us. It's close to home and the food is very good.Special Features:
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014Hate hate hate eating at table next to the bar area. There is a low partition separating the bar from the dining room table but when someone leaned their back on the partition our entire table moved. My fault. I should of asked for a different table or went elsewhere if they didn't have a better table to offer. When the waiter came over for drink orders I requested a Mojito. We don't make those. Are you kidding me, a full bar and they don't want to be bothered making the most popular summer drink. I asked Manuel our waiter about specials. He said we don't have any specials. I said really, then what is the soup of the day, isn't that a special. And what about the food written on the blackboard by the bar that I can barley see from my table.
- Great FindScottycelticDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our delicious meal. We had mussels and dry rubbed wings for apps, our usual app go to, both were phenomenal . The true star of the show was the entrees. The Tuna was perfectly cooked black and blue, top Sushi grade, with absolutely no fatty, chewy pieces. The cold soba noodles with greens complimented the dish perfectly. My wife had the NY strip , cooked to a perfect medium rare, again the quality of the meat was top notch, we will defitinly return. The place looks great as well, very hip looking, very clean and the Wednesday night entertainment was perfect, good music but we were still able to hold a conversation without having to screamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Great lobster roll. Very noisy. Hard to have a conversation without yelling.Special Features: