519 North Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketbistroli.com/
- Phone: 5165131487x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Open Tuesday - Friday 12pm - Close
Prix Fixe Daily Tuesday - Thursday 5-7pm Fi Sat 5 - 6pm Sunday All Night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William J. Holden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have an off premise catering menu available for all your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the restaurant for luncheon parties on Saturday or Sunday afternoons from 12 to 4pm.
A word from Market Bistro
Join us for our Prix Fixe Menu nightly. Tuesday - Thursday 5-7 . Fri/Sat 5-6pm . Sunday All night.
Market Bistro is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, located in Jericho, New York. Our objective is to offer quality, market-driven, seasonal contemporary American food. Our chefs will strive to use the freshest ingredients, emphasizing seasonal and local, whenever possible. The focal point of the restaurant is our exciting looking bar which will feature a wine list of local and international wines and a great roster of draft and bottled beers from regional small batch brewers. We will offer the same soul-satisfying type food, relaxed atmosphere , hospitality and value that we bring to you at our sister restaurant, West End Cafe.Continued
Join us for our Prix Fixe Menu nightly. Tuesday - Thursday 5-7 . Fri/Sat 5-6pm . Sunday All night.
Market Bistro is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, located in Jericho, New York. Our objective is to offer quality, market-driven, seasonal contemporary American food. Our chefs will strive to use the freshest ingredients, emphasizing seasonal and local, whenever possible. The focal point of the restaurant is our exciting looking bar which will feature a wine list of local and international wines and a great roster of draft and bottled beers from regional small batch brewers. We will offer the same soul-satisfying type food, relaxed atmosphere , hospitality and value that we bring to you at our sister restaurant, West End Cafe.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (60)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (32)great for lunch (32)hot spot (29)good for groups (26)romantic (19)notable wine list (19)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- High End Rustic FeelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the ambiance here. Low key-high end dining experience. The food was above and beyond. Thank you for an incredible date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Baby1213VIPDined on 8/20/2014As always the serbice and food are superb. Have dined here many a times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for NetworkingClaudineDined on 8/20/2014Great place to hangout and have a great meal. Met some former students of mine that are now working as teachers in Jericho. We caught up on their lives, careers and also had time to brainstorm about the upcoming school year.Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 8/19/2014The portions are quite generous and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and uniquesomebodyDined on 8/15/2014We found Market Bistro fairly randomly and decided to give it a shot for our anniversary dinner. We ate like kings and everything was delicious. We decided to get a bunch of appetizers and tapas and call that our meal and it was perfect. As for ambiance - it was extremely noisy inside the restaurant so we opted to sit outside and were very happy we did so. We will be going back there again.Special Features:
- Food excellent, service wantingjparteachDined on 8/14/2014This was our first time at Market Bistro. We went on a beautiful evening and took advantage of their outdoor seating. Even though that is really on the sidewalk by a parking lot, it was a lovely setting. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the black bean and avocado dip as well as our entrees of short ribs and the special fish of the day. My only complaint is that our server was not that attentive. We would ask for something, like a refill on a glass of wine, and have to wait a long time to get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUHungryVIPDined on 8/13/2014Arrived at 6:15pm for dinner before going to the movies. Server did a great job of promptly taking our order and getting us out on time. Dining room was filled up by 7:00 and we could see why. Great atmosphere, food and service. Highly recommended for a casual French bistro experience.Special Features:
- Can't get basics right,paulsb01Dined on 8/10/2014Fish had tough sections and could not be cut. Burger was tough and had no flavor. Pretty sad.
- Open Table VIP????cam907VIPDined on 8/9/2014I received an e-mail stating that I had reached Open Table VIP status. It held no weight with this restaurant. Our table was facing the kitchen with broadway-like bright lights as well as accompanying noise! We asked the hostess for a different table and she refused to give us one. Needless to say, we will not be returning here.
- great find!tootsVIPDined on 8/9/2014this restaurant never disappoints us. It's close to home and the food is very good.Special Features:
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014Hate hate hate eating at table next to the bar area. There is a low partition separating the bar from the dining room table but when someone leaned their back on the partition our entire table moved. My fault. I should of asked for a different table or went elsewhere if they didn't have a better table to offer. When the waiter came over for drink orders I requested a Mojito. We don't make those. Are you kidding me, a full bar and they don't want to be bothered making the most popular summer drink. I asked Manuel our waiter about specials. He said we don't have any specials. I said really, then what is the soup of the day, isn't that a special. And what about the food written on the blackboard by the bar that I can barley see from my table.
- Great FindScottycelticDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our delicious meal. We had mussels and dry rubbed wings for apps, our usual app go to, both were phenomenal . The true star of the show was the entrees. The Tuna was perfectly cooked black and blue, top Sushi grade, with absolutely no fatty, chewy pieces. The cold soba noodles with greens complimented the dish perfectly. My wife had the NY strip , cooked to a perfect medium rare, again the quality of the meat was top notch, we will defitinly return. The place looks great as well, very hip looking, very clean and the Wednesday night entertainment was perfect, good music but we were still able to hold a conversation without having to screamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Great lobster roll. Very noisy. Hard to have a conversation without yelling.Special Features:
- Wow what a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014This was not our first visit to MB as it was a favorite of my son’s before he went off to college. We kind of forgot about it though I was browsing for a restaurant on Open Table and came across Market Bistro. Unfortunately, it would have been better left in my memory. The food was bland at best. The mussels were under seasoned in a weak broth, the Parmesan Crusted Cod was tasteless and the special – local tile fish was crusted in something made mostly of salt. The service was mediocre, the waiter inattentive and untrained. When I asked what red wines they had by the glass he pointed to a menu my wife had in her hands and said “she has it” and then walked away.
- happening !skifishDined on 7/19/2014Great service ! Fun bar ! Always happening restaurant that will fill your taste buds with fine dining and great ambience. Wine and dinenr menu offer plenty of choices and food comes out cooked to perfection! Service has been excellent !Special Features:
- Picky eaters need not applyRachelleBDined on 7/6/2014I have eaten here numerous times and have always been surprised at the ever changing menu, and how easy the kitchen will either accommodate or help out my needs as I am gluten free. The flourless cake is DECADENT and the shrimp with grits will make a grits lover out of anyone!!!Special Features:
- Good service and good foodMoonboy1Dined on 7/5/2014The food was prepared and presented well. The cost of drinks was a little high but the food prices were reasonable and the quality was excellant. Good service and wait times between courses was perfect. Would highly recommend. The casual atmosphere makes it a perfect place for summer dining.Special Features:
- Go to this restaurantEdsolDined on 7/3/2014The food, service and look for the restaurant were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly RecommendfoodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014Casual, welcoming, attentive service & excellent market menu which follows thru with delicious food, plentiful portions, beautifully served. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placemarciagirlVIPDined on 6/28/2014great food, best chicken ever...lots of local beers and food grown in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent medlOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014We always enjoy our meal at the Market Bistro. The food is always excellent and the service is top notch .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It only get betterEpicureanVIPDined on 6/26/2014I remember first coming here way back before they opened up wondering if this business would stay alive and now I wonder how they could ever close. This place gets better and better every time. Little imperfections have been eliminated and it truly is spectacular. You could place this restaurant in a trendy Manhatten neighborhood and it would thrive but this would probably be true in any location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyable!BasbcaseyVIPDined on 6/25/2014This was my first visit for dinner and I will be back. The service was terrific, and the food delicious. Nice, eclectic menu. Tuna tartare was outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJARDVIPDined on 6/20/2014This was our first visit here. The food was very good. They were very accommodating to my husbands picky adjustments to his meal. The cocktails were really great too!Special Features:
- greatmrjoeDined on 6/15/2014Always terrific.Will keep going back.The staff is nice.The food and drink are fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/13/2014Always good. Our server stepped in to help out another and she was great. Salmon delish. Chicken great. The Caesar kale salad was a bit overdressedSpecial Features:
- Out with friendsBrunoVIPDined on 6/13/2014I'm totally blown away with this restaurant , the food / service / and a very friendly owner , the price is very reasonal , we are on Long Island .see you soonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/11/2014This was our first visit to Long Island and first of three dinners. Our vote--best food of our trip. We'd return often if we lived nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DiningGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 6/10/2014Four of us had a most satisfying dinner experience and we all enjoyed our food. The presentation was lovely and the wait service people accommodating.We will be returning guests,happily.Special Features:
- Always a Great MealMartiniGDined on 6/7/2014Last Saturday night was not our first time dining at Market Bistro but it was amazing as always. We brought friends to try it and they were very pleased and even said that the restaurant seemed like it belonged in Manhattan. The beet salad and scallop entree were out of this world!! Service was great as well!! If you haven't tried this place you should!!Special Features:
- Loads of funCarcarVIPDined on 6/7/2014Love the staff. Always fun. Bar is excellent. Ambience is vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014The food was great and the service was even better. The dining room was a little too darkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from start to finish excellent.usavmeDined on 5/24/2014This place is a hidden treasure. We must complement the chef. The service was top notch. Hsd a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night at market bistrosusanfoodieDined on 5/21/2014we had been to MB many times and each time have brought friends to try the place with us.. The other night the service was no where to be found and the food was sub-par. We had to wait for 20 minutes to be asked for our drink order and then did not see the waiter again for another 15. The hanger steak,which is pricy came with flavorless french fries,really,french fries ? We were all so disgusted with the meal we left without dessert,which never happens!Special Features:
- Never DisappointedrachelDined on 5/20/2014I never leave here without being impressed! The beer options are unique and the wine selections always feature a new gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip local spotRborriVIPDined on 5/16/2014Overall nice place, cool vibe, food was good. Octopus was rubbery and steak was over cooked. Duck and chicken were great. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerskittyDined on 5/13/2014This is a very popular and attractive restaurant. We went early to avoid the crowds because it can get very noisy here. The burgers are very juicy and tasty and the fries are crisp. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- SuzieDined on 5/11/2014Food was great Staff accommodating Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the area!julieNYCDined on 5/10/2014This place is a great find...a friend suggested it and I had no idea it was here...only 5 minutes from our place...its def one of the best restaurants in the area..everything we ate was very good...including the flour-less chocolate cake/dessert...def recommend you try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieCDined on 5/9/2014Once again spot on. Great service n fine food. Active bar crowd. Friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.