Marjan Fine Persian Grill
84 Speedwell Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
Marjan Fine Persian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marjanpersiangrill.com/
- Phone: (973) 889-8884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Fridy: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Reza Manesh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
- Cross Street: Cattano Avenue
- Public Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking in front. There is a parking lot with meters within walking distance (less than a block).
A word from Marjan Fine Persian Grill
Marjan Persian Grill is a fine dining Persian Restaurant located in the heart of Morristown, New Jersey right on Speedwell Avenue. Our food includes authentic Persian cuisine such as excellent kabobs, delicious stews and great rice dishes. Our food will be enjoyed by the entire family, please come join us for a great night out you will not be disappointed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marjan Fine Persian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- First Time DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014For our group of 6 the food was excellent and the service very attentive. Although fairly small, the seating was very comfortable. Pricing was quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindFallBaseballDined on 11/6/2014Great examples of fine dining with very interesting, unique flavors and ingredient combinations. Highly recommend for those who have adventurous palates and open to exotic aromas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulent KebabsPatRDined on 10/30/2014This was our first visit and we am ready to make it a weekly meeting place. Great food, fresh and imaginatively presented, spices enhancing not overpowering. Friendly staff who made us very welcome.Special Features:
- Most Excellent!NandLVIPDined on 10/29/2014Freiendly attentive service. Great presentation. Don't miss the lamb.Special Features:
- Authentic Persian CuisineKmanDined on 10/18/2014If you are familiar with and enjoy Persian cuisine, then Marjan is a fine establishment to satisfy that craving and provides all of the standard fare. If you are not familiar with Persian cuisine, then Marjan is a great place to start and get introduced. I'd recommend going with somebody who is familiar with the food if you can. If not, it's best to have a group of at least 4 people and have a chat with the server so you can order a good mix of the various dishes and sample the various flavors. It's not a 5-star establishment, but this is unique food that you won't find elsewhere in the immediate area, so a good choice to add to your ethnic dining rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really good findLaxdad12Dined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I traveled to Morristown NJ to see a concert at the Mayo PAC, we picked Marjan to dine at prior to the show knowing nothing about it , just reviews we read online, and what a find ! We happened to be one of two reservations before the whole restaurant was rented for a wedding rehearsal dinner so we basically had the whole place to ourselves and it was delightful, our waiter Vlad was awesome and the owner came to the table and chatted with us for quite some time. The food was terrific , and we will definitely go there again next time we take a road trip to Morristown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed.DizzyDuckDined on 8/30/2014Little gem of a place on Speedwell Ave. Dolma is very tasty, but pomegranate spread a little too sour. The chicken kebab was very succulent. It's very easy to dry out chicken kebab, but Marjan cooked it perfectly. The rice was the ideal compliment to the dish. The rose water ice cream is as good as it gets. The pistachio and saffron were mixed into it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food !VislanDined on 8/23/2014It's a small yet elegant restaurant in the heart of Morristown. The food is great - Do try the lamb chops - and the host - Rick - is very pleasant. He makes sure that he explains the dishes in the most captivating way possible so you are already drooling for it when the food comes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerLostwoodsDined on 8/7/2014Marian Grill is a great find--great food and friendly competent service. It has warm and relaxing ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Marjan Fine Persian Grill reviews archive.
- Special local spotPamwhjDined on 7/26/2014The staf was super friendly & eager to please. The food was very good & we would recommend. The piano music was a definite plus & you could actually hear it, unlike so many noisy, local spots with crazy loud, unappetizing vibes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great foodJerseyJimDined on 7/19/2014This was our third visit to Marjan, and have had a great time each time. Food is terrific, service is great. Location in downtown Morristown by Hyatt makes it fairly convenient when we are in the area. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Going Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Well prepared fresh food and fun atmosphere. Loved the vegetarian choices, but there is something for every taste. We brought our own wine and it was well taken care of by the wait staff. Definitely going back to try more.Special Features:
- Okay food, small portionsToopicky4myowngoodDined on 6/21/2014We ordered eggplant and hummus appetizers, 2 vegetarian dishes, sultan kabob (which wad a bit tough) and grilled tomatoes. Food was well seasoned but we left hungry. Disappointing desert menu -wanted more persian optionsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!hyeracDined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious, and the staff was helpful and attentive. I will definitely be a repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great spot for Persian food.theCrewDined on 6/14/2014A great spot for a quiet dinner with great tasting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodTabyDined on 5/25/2014Marjan Resturant is very friendly atmosphere. Food was excellent. Service was food. The only problem was they added tips to the bill. I thought tip is personal decision and judge by costumer for service they received.Special Features:
- InternationalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014I have had many of my friends trying a great variety of the different dishes. The result is that they loved everything and want to come back without me! So far there have been 20 people who never had Persian food before and absolutely relished it. The ownes are the warmest and most accommodating people. They take great care and make you feel as if you are the most important diners they have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteJudyVIPDined on 5/16/2014This is our "go to" place in Morristown. Food is fresh, delicious and ample. Owners are always on site and truly lovely people.Special Features:
- 80th Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014My husband came from Iran and brought his family to the USA. I had many marvelous Persian meals prepared by his family. I also learned to cook Persian foods. I found Marjan's Persian Grill through the internet. It is as close as one could experience to having a dinner with a Persian family. The owners are the warmest, most caring and hospitable hosts one could imagine. The food is delicious. My American friends had never had Persian food before I took them there. They are now sold on the different dishes. My party was a huge success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitorRetiredcrnaDined on 5/4/2014We attended a local matinee and planned for dinner afterwards. We originally thought the play would end at ~ 4Pm so we reserved a 4:30 table and got a speedy e-mail confirmation. The play ended at 3:30 so we called Marjan Fine Persian Grill for an earlier table which they provided. Since it was a Sunday no need to feed the parking meters outside. I ordered the lamb kabobs which were absolutely delicious over a tasty bed of rice. My appetizer was a cucumber yogurt dish which also served as an accompaniment to the kabobs. My only suggestion would be to offer a side by side description of the Persian named dish because we had to ask our server exactly what the dish consisted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marjan -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Marjan is a wonderful little find across from Headquarters Plaza hotel and a great place for a business lunch or dinner as well as a night with your spouse. It is very convenient to have a wonderful dinner and walk across the street for a movie. The Persian food is excellent and well explained by the staff and owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!MarkusVIPDined on 3/22/2014This was our first time here. Our server knew the menu thoroughly and answered every question. When asked about one of the items, he offered a sample (which was beautifully presented) so that we could taste it before ordering. Minor modifications were cheerfully made to other items. The flavors were vibrant and delicious all around. We were staying the night in Morristown on our way elsewhere, but will be sure to return next time we're in the area. An absolute must (even though delicious rice comes with the main courses) is the Shirin Polo (basmati rice topped with saffron, slivered almonds, orange peels, carrots, and pistachio nuts). The restaurant is BYOB - something we would not have known without reading reviews before booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant.JerseygirlVIPDined on 3/15/2014This was our second time eating at Marjan and it was just as good as the first time. Can't wait to come back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciousPrimaveraDined on 3/15/2014Food was amazing. Must try the saffron rose water ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Craving koobideh kababs recently, decided to try Marjan for lunch. Food was great, although the kababs were a tad on the drier side than normal, but flavors were still delicious. Stuffed grape leaves were spot on. Our server (I think he was the owner) was very pleasant and polite, very warm and friendly. Great dining experience except they only gripe was our bill got tacked an auto 20% gratuity for a $25 tab despite being the only two people in the restaurant at lunch hour. Why would they do that?? We paid it anyways but it left us a little sour at the end. Once that clears out, we may consider going back since there aren't too many places in NJ that do a good koobideh kabab.
- The food is impeccable andFoodieVIPDined on 3/2/2014The food is impeccable and service is fantastic. Have never been disappointed with either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic persian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014We were received with warmth. The service was impeccable. The young lady knew her menu. The menu had a listing of dishes that normally a Persian restaurant would not have. We are going back with the kids!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful placeNannDined on 2/17/2014Great food, amazing grape leaves and specialty rice! Will be going back, for sure.Special Features:
- Incredible food; friendly staff.PatrickDined on 2/14/2014Marjan was my first experience with Persian food and I've come back several times, at both busy and quiet times. The food and service are always excellent. Some of my favorites are the Kashk-e-Bademjan and the Koresht-e-Fesenjoon (Fesenjoon is available without meat for vegetarians; my dining partner is one and she is never disappointed with the selection here). The Persian ice cream and Turkish coffee are a wonderful close to any meal, and I've had to resist ordering a second helping of the ice cream - it's that good. Prices are fair, considering what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In And OutDJVMDined on 2/14/2014On a tight schedule.....so asked that the service be quick...it was and the food was very good....only had appetizers but they were just right for a light meal. Tables are a bit tight [think they need to do a better layout, but otherwise a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A morristown gemLsacpaDined on 2/2/2014Went there this past Sunday and all I can say is we will surely be back. The 4 of us started with an appetizer assortment of hummus, the eggplant (sorry for not remembering the complex Persian name for this) and the grape leaves. Each was superb but the real standout was the grape leaves. Every one of us has had grape leaved in a Greek salad somewhere and they are rough, tasteless and something you leave on the side. These were perfectly prepared, fresh and served with an awesome pomegranate sauce. Just amazing. Our main courses ran from shrimp kabobs, to the salmon, filet and lamb chops. You cannot say a bad word about any of them. All perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned and served with a tasty basmati rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurantJerseygirlVIPDined on 2/1/2014This was our first time to Marjan and we both loved it! We will definitely go again. We enjoyed the eggplant and hummus appetizers and we both had the Filet and Chicken Kabobs. The food was amazing and they could not have been nicer to us. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant inJudyVIPDined on 1/20/2014Our favorite restaurant in Morristown. Food fresh & delicious. Owners are ALWAYS on site and eager to please. Always an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable diningPrisDined on 1/18/2014We had a great meal, large portions, and very delicious. Service was good with a quite full restaurant. This was our third time there and will be back. We had purchased a $25 coupon online which we used this time.Special Features:
- Warm and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/10/2014Delicious, well-prepared and unusual. Hands-on ownership delivers really terrific attention to detail on seasoning, plating and service. A wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorristownJudyVIPDined on 12/16/2013Our favorite place to eat in town. Owners are ever- present and so engaging. Food is fresh, creative and delicious.Special Features:
- Cozy restaurant with great fooddsarkisDined on 12/7/2013Great environment and great food at a good price. It is BYOB, but a liquor store is next door if you forget. Had never eaten at a Persian restaurant and the owners were very helpful in assisting us with our choices. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie and DinnerJohnMDined on 11/25/2013Marjan is right across the street from the HQ Movie theater and two doors from a store with a reasonable wine stock. Makes for a very convenient opportunity for a nice trip to Persia before or after a movieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013Great food and service. I was glad to invite all my colleagues there to have some good persian food:-)Special Features:
- Not impressed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013Not impressed with the food at all. Service was ok. I really wouldn't recommend.