84 Audrey Zapp Drive
Jersey City, NJ 07305Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maritimeparc.com/
- Phone: 2014130060
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant Hours: Thursday 5:30-10pm Friday & Saturday Dinner 5:30 – 10pm Sunday Brunch 11:30 – 5pm We are closed Monday thru Thursday during the Fall & Winter, but we are available for Private Events in our restaurant and upper floors, please contact us at email@example.com for more information. We will be opening for full time service again in the Spring.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Siversen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service In-House Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: Maritime Parc is home to two stunning private event spaces perfect for weddings, birthday and family celebrations, and corporate events of all sizes. With panoramic views of the Hudson River, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Manhattan skyline, the spaces are further enhanced by vaulted wood ceilings and generous, wraparound outdoor decks, all of which conjure a transcendent setting.
- Private Party Contact: Jette Starniri 2014130050
- Special Events: Maritime Parc is equipped with 18,000 square feet of event space spread out over two floors with extensive views of downtown Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.
A word from Maritime Parc
A restaurant that captures the spirit of the sea: an outdoor stone patio where food, drink, a year-round indoor dining room where accessible yet sophisticated cuisine is served by a crisp, attentive staff, which revitalizes the tradition of the great seaside restaurants of yesteryear for the modern diner, adding a signature spectacle: expansive views of the Hudson River and lower Manhattan that frame the scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maritime Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (65)great for outdoor dining (58)fit for foodies (52)romantic (49)special occasion (40)great for brunch (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great great great!PaulVIPDined on 10/11/2014Maritime Parc was great! We enjoyed an amazing and special evening there this past weekend. The service was exceptional as was the food. Grilled oysters, pork belly, scallops, short ribs, pasta, seafood...not a weak link! Do yourself a favor and get there, you will not be disappointed!
- Skyline view, modern, deliciousSbpNJVIPDined on 10/11/2014Returned Saturday night after a long absence to find Maritime better than before. Smooth service, full but not overrun, delicious food. Loved the pickled onion and cheese dip for the fresh bread, and at the chef's recommendation we all sampled a fab burger and fries (yum) with our appetizers. I enjoyed simple, fresh salmon. Everyone in our party of 6 enjoyed their entrees and said they'd return. We were treated to fireworks over the Hudson upon our exit (nearby wedding I assume). A treat.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseFoodieJCVIPDined on 9/13/2014So, I have lived in Jersey City for 6 years and had never been to Maritime Parc. In my head, I always figured it was a touristy type of restaurant in Liberty State Park aiming for the wedding crowd. I could not have been more wrong. Went here on Saturday night and had a superb meal, beautiful views and fantastic service. Before we even ordered, they brought out like 3 types of bread with this amazing dipping oil with melon, feta, sun-dried tomato...really topnotch. Then, we started with oysters and this pork belly kung pao - amazing! For our main entrees, we had the scallops with short rib and the skate. Both were divine. They ended the meal by bringing us delicious homemade cookies to take home. This place is a winner. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nothing negativeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014There's really no negatives. I'd seen reviews where people spoke of inattentive service, but it was anything but. Plates sat for a minute before being taken away, and just the right amount of time was given between dishes. As for the food, it looked great and tasted great. The restaurant itself was clean, dimly lit (I'm not looking for a clean room environment), and spread out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchKatherineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Had a great brunch here with my mother before checking the upstairs out as a potential venue option. We sat outside on a sunny day and had a great time - food was good, service was quick and the view is really nice! I live in NYC so coming back isn't necessarily so convenient, but I''ll recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!LckathyVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love this restaurant! The food is always phenomenal, the service outstanding and the view spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Considering the location, it is not that bad. When we were dining, there was a wedding reception above us, so it wasn't as quiet as we had hoped. You get a side view of the harbor and a mediocre view of the city. Food was nothing special. We had the duck fat fries, which was on their recommended list. Fries weren't coated evenly so some bites, u get a strong garlic note. Some didn't get anything but a deep fried crunch. Didn't get much umami character from the duck fat, so that was a bit disappointing. We also had the octopus. I'm indifferent about this. It has a lot going on. Slightly too much. It was peaky, sharp, sour, salty, savory, sweet. Had overcooked dry, red salmon and old scallops for entree. Overall, edible but not memorable.
- Jersey city gemRomanticdinechickDined on 8/29/2014Never disappointed when I come here. Excellent service, beautiful ambience and scenic view, exquisite food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to ParRealtorDined on 8/29/2014The location is GREAT. The wait staff is nice but not professional.We started out with appetizers. My Mussels where a generous portion. My dining partner had the Oysters. They where so small you could not even tell they where Oysters. I mentioned it to the waiter to tell the chef because I felt he should be aware of the Quality. No one ever came over to ask us about it.The main cources where very small portions. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Great NightKWG13Dined on 8/27/2014This dinner was for my 20 year anniversary. The restaurant handled the reservation request perfectly, made sure they had the table that I requested outside with the view. I also had flowers delivered to the restaurant and they had them brought right to the table when we sat down. The hostess was great on the phone and in person and the wait staff was very attentive but not in a way that they were hovering. I would highly recommend the restaurant for a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchTopFoodsterDined on 8/24/2014We loved the location and the ambience of the restaurant. We had very high expectations with the food, based on the reviews but found it ok. The soft chorizo overpowered the mussels in the appetizer and it would have been great to see it as a textural contrast. It could definitely use a piece of bread as well. The heirloom tomato salad was too one dimensional with large pieces of unseasoned tomatoes. Overall it was a good meal but not a memorable meal...Special Features:
- We loved it!ALissVIPDined on 8/24/2014Saw this restaurant on OpenTable, decided to try it out for brunch. Food was great, lots of choices on the brunch menu, service was good (server managed to be there when we needed him, but was clearly overwhelmed with too many tables, hostess seemed overwhelmed when we arrived as well). View of the city is beautiful! Will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger and Oyster nightLoveNYCDined on 8/21/2014Our party of 4 went specifically for the Thursday night special. We tried the MP beef burger ,excellent, my pork burger was probably one of the best burgers I ever had, extremely flavorful and beautifully The scallop burger was not a hot which was more of a texture than taste issue. oysters were flavorful & drinks with the special were all wonderful. We have had service issues with Maritime Parc before, in fact we're marina tenants and rarely ever go there . However, the hostess was pleasant and professional, our bus boy and waiter were very attentive , polite and knowledgeable. I will consider coming back more regularly and for $20 you cannot beat the special on a Thursday especially considering the spectacular view.Special Features:
- Staff it with people who careFoodie81VIPDined on 8/17/2014It is obvious by other reviews and our expirience that even though the restaurant has a great location and food, the front of the house staff does not really care about the business. The restaurant has the hours of operation wrong on OpenTable, so we made the resrvation based on them, and when we got there, they said the restaurant was closed. The staff was all there and they acknowledged my reservation, but they wouldn't even let us in the door. We told the "very rude hostess and waiter" how far we walked and how hot it was, but they obviously need a class in hospitality, they would not even let us in for a glass of water. What a shame!
- Lovely BrunchProperDinerDined on 8/17/2014Found this lovely place in Jersey City and wish I knew about it sooner. It is great place to dine during the summer for the view is impeccable. I went for brunch and my friend and I sampled quite a bit from the menu haha. The duck fat fries had beautiful presentation but they weren't anything special to me. I thought I taste more of a duck flavor in them. Besides that, the green salad, Crabcake, lobster club and blueberry French toast were all amazing. I'd definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedseekingadifference36Dined on 8/16/2014my girlfriend and i came here expecting brunch on a late saturday morning/early afternoon. when we arrived, i asked the hostess for the brunch menu and she informed us they only served brunch sundays, so it was either lunch or nothing. we were just about the leave when we decided we were just too hungry to go anywhere else. we were very glad we didn't leave. i had the chicken with avocado fish and she had the seafood pasta. both were absolutely exceptional and delicious. the views were pretty and relaxing, and the wait staff was very attentive. i wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/view; service lackingRalphVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food, location and facility are first rate. However, the service leaves something lacking. The last few times we have gone here the waiters take your order, then disappear. Deliver the food, then disappear again. We've had to get up from our chair and ask for utensils, water; the basics. Really annoying because everything else is done so well. It's like the staff haven't been trained in service 101.Special Features:
- Great SpotJoefoodieDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful meal, the grilled oysters were awesome, as was the scallops and short ribs. we told them we were celebrating my niece's anniversary and they sent over 4 glasses of champagne. Nice touch, showed class.Special Features:
- First Time for BrunchEATSOUTALOTDined on 8/10/2014I have been here numerous times. This was the first for brunch. The food was still excellent. You cant beat sitting on a marina on a breezy summer day.Special Features:
- TiffVIPDined on 8/2/2014I found service a little lacking. We had to ask 2 x for help stabilizing the wobbly table. Also, there were seldom visits to the table to refill wine or water glasses. Yet, food arrived promptly and was beautifully plated. Overall the menu had many great offers, the wine list had many reasonably priced bottles (even if the list overall was a little shorter than hoped), and the view was unbeatable.Special Features:
- Food & View A+, Service D-jmo13Dined on 8/2/2014We wanted to do something special for my Dad's 60th and Maritime Parc seemed perfect. We got to sit outside with gorgeous views of NYC. The food was truly amazing and I have no complaints about that. My issue is the service. When you come here between the ambience and the prices you expect exceptional service. The wait for our server to even get to our table to start off the night was far too long. With empty drinks and no menu's we sat for a while. Our drinks were never refilled when they should be, we waited to order, waited on our food.. waited waited waited. We even had to get up one time to go into the bar area and ask for drinks ourselves. I rather go to the Chart House w/the same exceptional food, views and exceptional service.Special Features:
- Chic & classic!EatingOutDined on 8/1/2014We visited Maritime Parc for restaurant week. It was a bit difficult to get to without a car, so we ended up taking a taxi both ways. Really beautiful, modern decor with somewhat limited outdoor seating. The food was amazing - really stand-out dishes - but I was surprised that by 11 pm, we were some of the last diners there! There was a wedding going on upstairs, but it didn't affect anything. While the service was good, it wasn't amazing - we had to keep asking for water and wine refills. Great experience overall.Special Features:
- Maritime ParcOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Great place to go with your significant other. The view was amazing and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and the food was greatLaineylocaDined on 8/1/2014We had a great time during restaurant week. I had the swordfish and my husband had the seafood pasta and they were both excellent. The service was good overall but the hostess seemed a little stressed out. We would go there again but we would try to get a table outside. There were multiple weddings going on in the area so it was a bit crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Fantastic experience all around. I will be back many times in the future.Special Features:
- I Keep coming backFoodieDined on 7/31/2014The burger, beer and oysters deal on a Thursdays is a steal! Also Tried the dinner Hudson Reataurant dinner menu.... Coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014A step above the so called "scenic restaurants" along the NJ coast. Food was excellant!Special Features:
- One of the best in towmJetsboyVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food is stellar, although not all ingredients are always listed on the menu which can be a real issue. For example, the French Dip was covered in spring onions and one of our diners is sensitive to them. Wait staff was excellent, and my ma left with a total crush on Lucas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursdays - Oysters Beer BurgerFoodieDined on 7/24/2014Can't beat this Thursday night special! Great Price, Amazing View, Great Service, and Great Food- Oysters, choice of burger, choice of beer or wine and a side of duck fat fries with garlic and parsley... Torn btwn the scallop burger and the regular burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place for birthday brunchbirthdaybrunchDined on 7/13/2014Much more serene that most NYC brunch places, the food selection and preparation and the service were of a uniform high standard. The seating (outdoors) was very comfortable for our party of six. We will be back to sample the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Great experienceBaniMDined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing! Had the 4 course dinner for $55 and all dishes were delicious with a perfect view of the skyline at night. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evertything goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014booking is easy by iphone, service is good, food is great, view is spectacular...Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Service NotBurtDined on 7/5/2014We went for what we assumed was Brunch but ended up as Lunch, which was strange to us only because the webite doesn't mention that the restaurant serves Lunch. Website has only Brunch and Dinner listed, no Lunch, so we assumed we were going for Brunch when we went on a Saturday afternoon. Apparently this is not true, Brunch is only served Sunday which was disappointing and we were further surprised that the chef couldn't prepare the brunch menu anyway.W stayed, but several other confused diners left. Be that as it may, everything we had was excellent and fresh and beautifully plated. However, service was either slow or non existent, servers seemed to be unprepared for diners to actually show up.Special Features:
- Oyster and Burger ThursdayRosyPoppyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Highly recommend the scallop burger. Really great. As were the duckfat fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thankful & impressedLauraPDined on 7/2/2014I am so thankful that Maritime Parc was so accommodating to me and my husband this past Wednesday. I had booked a 7 PM reservation for his birthday and we hit every possible bit of traffic on the way there, in a torrential downpour. They were very kind to us, even though we showed up an hour late. Our server was friendly and helpful. Best of all, they brought out his dessert with a candle, despite the fact that I had only mentioned in on OpenTable (and had forgotten to follow up by phone, it being a crazy week). Needless to say, I was impressed!Special Features:
- brunchjerseymomDined on 6/29/2014Food was very good, with lots of nice choices, but service continues to be unprofessional, e.g. had to ask for dessert menus, staff had to be asked to clear table before bringing dessert menus, didn't know who gets what dish and espresso was lukewarm and terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIfficult NightLoftus3bDined on 6/28/2014We have eaten at Maritime Parc a few times in the past and enjoyed ourselves. This particular evening was not on par with past experiences. The menu has not been updates in the last 8 months. in the past the fare was seasonal and delicious with some staples remaining. What is much worse however is that on this night we waited 20 minutes to have our drink order taken and after a half hour still no drinks arrived. We had not ordered and were beginning to believe that the evening would not improve so we spared ourselves the sustained misery and left. It was clear from the chaos in the dining room that something was wrong, the bartender was seating guests, the hostess rudely greeted us with " you are going to have to wait a minute".
- Tasty food, beautiful viewsPumpknDined on 6/28/2014Was going to the Liberty Science Center on Saturday and wanted to have a nice sit down lunch. The fish and chips was very tasty and great value at $10. The fries were delicious. My husband had the burger and that was well received. View spectacular. Very open and clean. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightHospitalityManagerDined on 6/25/2014Great find. Really romantic. It was a little anniversary dinner and the view and ambiance was perfect. The pork belly was yummy (great sauce) and the filet was perfectly cooked. The white chocolate cheesecake was plated like a piece of art and do good with the basil spongecake. They treated us to our first round of bubbly which was sweet and thoughtfully done. I manage an upscale hotel in NYC. Service is key. They were attentive and knowledgable. The pictures we took were beautiful with the city right up against us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the Maritime Parc reviews archive.
- Special EventFoodFanatic1Dined on 6/19/2014We went for the Special Event Thursday $20.00 Oysters, Burgers and Beer or Wine. Great deal, great spot, very attentive service. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.