Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Loews Don CeSar Hotel, 3400 Gulf Blvd. 3400 Gulf Blvd.
3400 Gulf Blvd.
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/restaurants/the-maritana-grille/overview
- Phone: 7273601881x2177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00 - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Hunsberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Join us for dinner at the exclusive Chef’s Table at the Maritana Grille, an unforgettable culinary adventure. Your meal is composed of a seven-course tasting menu, chosen especially for you by the Chef. Add to the excitement by asking our Sommelier to pair the perfect wine with each course, carefully selected from our award-winning wine list. The intimate atmosphere adds a little extra flavor, and turns dining into a deliciously rewarding experience. The Chef’s Table seats up to eight people. Reservations can only be made by telephone, and must be made 48 hours in advance. OR turn your intimate event into a delicious dining experience in the Maritana Grille’s Private Dining Room. With space for 14, it’s the perfect place for a business dinner, a birthday party, or any special event. We’ll help you plan your menu, choose your wines and make this a celebration to remember.
- Private Party Contact: JC Shurts 7273601881x2172
- Special Events: Please call JC Shurts at 727.360.1881 Ext. 2172
A word from Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Immerse yourself in the most delectable dining experience Tampa Bay has to offer at The Maritana Grille. At this signature restaurant of the beautiful Don CeSar resort, you’re surrounded by 1,500 gallons of salt water aquariums filled with colorful, native Florida fish. You’ll dine on the freshest local seafood prepared with pure, organic ingredients in a New American style. With an extensive wine list and world-class service, it’s no wonder The Maritana Grille was voted one of the Top 10 seafood restaurants in the United States by the Gayot Guide, and has received AAA’s 4-Diamond Rating for the past 15 years. The vibe is casual-chic, no jackets required. The atmosphere is festive yet intimate and the food is incomparably delicious. The Maritana Grille turns every meal into a magical dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel - Best Restaurants in St. Pete Beach ›
Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (48)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great for an Anniversary DinnerBobbyDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic atmosphere and an excellent staff. The Filet Rossini was perfect - a prime cut of filet Mignon topped with duck liver pate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As ExpectedTroubleVIPDined on 9/10/2014Premier hotel dining room deliver tasty food, small portions, an unique combinations of sides presented well. The service staff were very pleasant and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect special night outJulieDined on 9/8/2014The Maritana grill is always a consistent winner! I've dined there three times this summer, and each time the food and service was outstanding. The small room is just right, and the aquariums add the right seaside vibe.Special Features:
- First ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This 5 star restaurant started out with matching the linen napkins to our attire. Next sparkling or bottle water. Many courses ,and a few added by the chef. Our entrees were superb . Staff was present ,but not uncomfortably . It is not a large restaurant the aquariums fantastic with unique fish. It was not a weekend ,and tables filled as the night went on. Pricey well worth it for special occasion.Special Features:
- Great experiencecopter7Dined on 9/6/2014Food and service were excellent. Would highly recommend to any of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyToonoisytoocrampedDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here before but we invited a couple that had not been here before. We had reservations in advance. They sat us in the corner, which is fine, but they had squeezed a 2 top next to us. I asked to be reseated in a different table, and they said they couldn't. I felt like I was uncomfortably close while sitting down and one half of the table shared a booth seat. Getting in and out of the booth seat was even more uncomfortable. The conversation was difficult to keep private. There was a 26 person table directly behind us, wine reps and Russian Standard reps.. I saw other customers being seated next to them that asked to be seated elsewhere, and they were. It was LOUD. My throat was soar after dinner conversation.
- Awesome dining experienceGreatdiningDined on 9/5/2014I had been once to the Maritana Grill 10 years ago, so it is hard to even compare but I will say the decor it's completely changed in a positive way (much more natural light, very fresh look, salt water tanks). I went with my family including a 4 and 2 year old kids. Many upscale/fine restaurants tenf not to be kid-friendly but this one is very welcoming, they even have a kids menu which also goes with the theme of the entire adult menu. High chairs etc, they'll have it here. We wrnt for dinner and not a single issue. Waiters/waitresses were very knowledgeable of the menu options, cooking methods, and were ready and eager to suggest their favorite dishes. They have a very unique and original selection of poultry/meat/fish dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerGearoidinVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were a group of six for a family birthday dinner. Our server was very knowledgeable, straightforward, and attentive, the food was all wonderful, we had a great time. This was our third time going to the Maritana Grille and will definitely not be the last. Not cheap, but well worth the price for a high quality dining experience.Special Features:
- 50th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We celebrated my wife's 50th birthday with a wonderful meal at the Maritana. Service was impeccable, food was perfect! The menu is varied enough to satisfy the most discerning foodie without confusing the everyday diner. The wait staff was well informed and explained each offering thoroughly. Portion sizes were generous, and the prices were appropriate for the amazing quality. We lived in St Petersburg for 25 years without realizing what a wonderful dining experience was waiting for us. We WILL be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great4adateDined on 8/24/2014It was our first time dining at the Maritana Grille. It was my husband's birthday and wanted to take him somewhere special. The ambience was great! The service was fantastic! The food was very good also, but a little pricey. We both had fish which both dishes were delicious! We would go back for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding but BEWARE...Rosemary1232Dined on 8/15/2014The food was exceptional , the service was outstanding . The only problem was that a small noisy child was seated next to us and ruined the ambiance for us and other guests. A restaurant of this caliber and price point should have a small child policy after 8:00pm. Matter of fact, the whole Loews Don Cesar Hotel seemed like Disney World--- screaming kids all over the place-- stay away if you are looking for a quiet resort experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentJosJDined on 8/11/2014A must for anyone near St Pete Beach. Service was outstanding and the food gourmet. The chef took time to visit the table to discuss the meal. Service was five stars.Special Features:
- Fabulous Service and Fine FoodAustinWriterGirlDined on 8/10/2014Our first trip to the Maritana did not disappoint. First off, the service was excellent. Our server was on top of everything, and also had fabulous knowledge of the menu items. He really did a great job of explaining each dish. He also had a sense of humor and was FUN. We liked that. Fine dining does not have to be so serious and formal. There were some goofs in our orders, but the mistakes were rectified immediately. Our server went and gave the kitchen heck for overcooking our snapper. The revisions did take some time but were wonderful. All portions are moderately sized, so you can enjoy without getting too full. Desserts are very special, and don't miss the surprise dome-style dessert with a sauce that melts the "orb."Special Features:
- Amazing experienceDinfor2Dined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent Wait staff very knowledgable Beautiful surroundings It was our second time to go and it was just as good as the first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb gem inside the DonJulieDined on 8/4/2014We were staying at the Don Cesar and booked dinner at the Maritana. The wait staff were so knowledgable and service was spot on. The food- delightful. Appropriate sized portions of very special food. A delicious night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We had a special anniversary dinner here recently. Everything was good and the service was excellent from Jasper who was attentive and knowledgeable. We finished the evening listening to jazz at the Don Cesar lobby bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJerryDined on 7/30/2014Dinner was great! Food and service were exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandyDined on 7/25/2014Even though it is in a major hotel, it has the feel of fine dining. Service was excellent in addition to a fine meal.Special Features:
- A mixed Bagbullfb3Dined on 7/20/2014We went to this location for our anniversary celebration. The atmosphrere and decor do not match the formaltiy or pricing of their menu. The service was good but not great and the staff was attentive but not terribly helpful or enthusiastic about providing information for first time diners. I ordered the scallops which were very good. My wife ordered the Salmon but instead got snapper. We tried it anyway hoping to avoid waiting for another entree and were very disappointed . The fish did not taste fresh. We informed our server and she immediately apologized that she entered the wrong order and brought us the Salmon but the experience had really been ruined as by the time her food arrived I was finished.
- Really perfect food and serviceIndydinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant pulled off a perfect evening. It could not have been better. Excellent staff incredible food. Go here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantPrincessfavoriteDined on 7/16/2014Great place to dine for a special occasion. Food and sevice were outstanding..highly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceTomieoDined on 7/14/2014The food was amazing and inventive. The service some of the best I have had in Florida. Will eat here again when in St. Pete. Truely Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had the oceania px fix itemAlexVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had the same last year, this year, the portions were small in the extreme, the main course (lamb) was no more than 3-4 inches across. The food quality was excellent, but I don 't think I would order this particular dish againSpecial Features:
- Great food, wine & serviceSteakloverDined on 7/11/2014This was a perfect dining experience, all the dishes were fantastic and the wine list was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service at a priceGmanDined on 7/10/2014We found the Grille at Loews to be a great place to celebrate our anniversary. The dining experience was enjoyable and different from the usual restaurant menus. The food was excellent as was the service. Our table waitress took the time to explain the menu items that we were not familiar with and this was a big help to me. You will pay ($$$$) for this unique experience but in our case it didn't matter due to the occasion. I would also recommend visiting the bar area and walking out to the ocean view terrace. A group was playing in the bar area and the ocean view was beautiful. The building itself draws you in with its architecture from the time you drive in. Be sure to check out the history of the building.Special Features:
- Exquisite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Our group of six was seated immediately, followed by solid service that was attentive but not intrusive. Drink orders included a fabulous Pink Pearl cocktail, a nice mix of Chambourd and Champagne. Others had the Fashion Week, a sultry sip updating the Old Fashioned, a divine Hendryx Gin and tonic with lime, and a choices from a good beer and wine list. Appetizers were interesting as well as delicious. Entrees exceeded expectations, from the Cobia to the perfectly seared scallops with flavorful larder and several fish choices. Desserts were artful and tasty, but the cheesecake with brulee crust was exceptionally smooth and good. A great experience on a holiday evening, sending us out for fireworks just in time. In a word, wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, atmosphere & kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed this restaurant with great friends! We each have young kids, 3 & 4. They catered to us and our children. Extensive wine list, great food, atmosphere is delightful and staff friendly & accommodating. We stayed at the resort for the holiday weekend and dined there each night. We love Maritana grill and will recommend to friends. We plan to return to this great restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrincessfavoriteDined on 7/2/2014We dine at the Maritana frequently, the food is outstanding as is the serive. Our server, Jasper, is excellent and very knowledgeable about the menu and wines.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinnerluv2eatDined on 7/1/2014Our dining experience at Maritana Grille was amazing! Our waiter was so knowledgeable about each dish, its ingredients, and preparation that we couldn't help but be impressed. This is a great restaurant for a quiet, relaxing dinner or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScarpiaDined on 7/1/2014Fine food, fine service; had the tasting menu. Good timing on serving the various courses - prompt but never rushed. Great restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, priced highjasonfzDined on 6/29/2014This is an expensive dining experience, and the food was very good but not as elegant or exotic/good as comparably priced restaurants. I think it either needs to be more casual with a tapas style menu or move to the full elegant with a number of signature dishes but also multiple tastings menu with full menu variety and wine pairing and customization of the actual menu item. For example, a filet full or foie gras is a turn off for the person that love filet and wants to see it paired with a lobster, scallop or oyster or other sides from other meals. I felt that the quality and service were very good bit overall this was overpriced especially considering the other choices in the area for true fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Our server was really slow getting to us. We waited 10 mins before she came over. I ordered the steak and it was not a filet mignon like she said but more like a roast. I also didn't know a steak did not come with a potato.
- MiroslavaDined on 6/28/2014Atmosphere great, but Oceana fixed price menu menu not a good value. Portions way too small and taste average. Reality did not match menu descriptions. Maybe it would have been better to select from the regular menu. I would give the place another try.
- ExcellentJamesDined on 6/16/2014The food was supurb and service is viewed as a profession. Our group tries each fish dish, all of which were considered to be excellent!Special Features:
- DonaldDined on 6/15/2014I was amazed to see how the staff helped each other to provide great service and the food was so very good...Special Features:
- Maritana GrilleMisterDined on 6/14/2014Maritana Grille is a first class restaurant! The atmosphere was terrific! My spouse and I ate there for our anniversary--their customer service and attention to detail was phenomenal! We had lamb and veal--the meal was cooked to profession! We would definitely visit again and recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menumonalotDined on 6/6/2014Excellent meal. Ravioli was slightly undercooked. Wine pairing was excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodFirgilDined on 6/5/2014We had eaten here 2 times before and the food was wonderful - restaurant is beautiful and service good . We had party of 6 and had made reservations 2 weeks in advance. There was also a party of approx 16 and some smaller parties but restaurant wasn't full. We sat at 745 and ordered our entrees. Food not served until after 945 !!!! FINALLY told the large party had backed up kitchen !! We ordered dessert after dinner arrived just to beat the other table. The poor planning was quite surprising from a Loews and lack of info from staff and manager until I started asking at 9 wasn't handled well. They comped appetizers but would much rather had eaten and been out in less than 2.45 hours!! But will go back again - food was that excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionHard2pleaseDined on 6/4/2014Wonderful food, great chef. Quiet atmosphere, exquisite service. Every dish is delicious. Dining at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 576 reviews are from the Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel reviews archive.
- Birthday dinner celebrationStillatitDined on 5/22/2014Enjoyed a beautiful Birthday celebration dinner that included foie gras, crab cakes, rack of lamb and Chilean sea bass. Out of this world! Extremely memorable, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.