Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Loews Don CeSar Hotel, 3400 Gulf Blvd. 3400 Gulf Blvd.
3400 Gulf Blvd.
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/restaurants/the-maritana-grille/overview
- Phone: (727) 360-1881 ext. 2177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00 - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Hunsberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Join us for dinner at the exclusive Chef’s Table at the Maritana Grille, an unforgettable culinary adventure. Your meal is composed of a seven-course tasting menu, chosen especially for you by the Chef. Add to the excitement by asking our Sommelier to pair the perfect wine with each course, carefully selected from our award-winning wine list. The intimate atmosphere adds a little extra flavor, and turns dining into a deliciously rewarding experience. The Chef’s Table seats up to eight people. Reservations can only be made by telephone, and must be made 48 hours in advance. OR turn your intimate event into a delicious dining experience in the Maritana Grille’s Private Dining Room. With space for 14, it’s the perfect place for a business dinner, a birthday party, or any special event. We’ll help you plan your menu, choose your wines and make this a celebration to remember.
- Private Party Contact: JC Shurts 7273601881x2172
- Special Events: Please call JC Shurts at 727.360.1881 Ext. 2172
A word from Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Immerse yourself in the most delectable dining experience Tampa Bay has to offer at The Maritana Grille. At this signature restaurant of the beautiful Don CeSar resort, you’re surrounded by 1,500 gallons of salt water aquariums filled with colorful, native Florida fish. You’ll dine on the freshest local seafood prepared with pure, organic ingredients in a New American style. With an extensive wine list and world-class service, it’s no wonder The Maritana Grille was voted one of the Top 10 seafood restaurants in the United States by the Gayot Guide, and has received AAA’s 4-Diamond Rating for the past 15 years. The vibe is casual-chic, no jackets required. The atmosphere is festive yet intimate and the food is incomparably delicious. The Maritana Grille turns every meal into a magical dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel - Best Restaurants in St. Pete Beach ›
Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (55)romantic (55)notable wine list (27)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Lives Up to Its Reputation1morefoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is one pricey meal, but it's well worth it. A total dinning experience from beginning to end. Great service, a solid wine list, and amazing food. My husband and I both had the lobster dish, served in an exquisitely delicate cream sauce over pappardelle, and topped with molecular gastronomy styled foam--absolutely divine. One of the top five dishes I've ever had! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dining experience.MissSharpeDined on 11/22/2014This was our first time at Maritana. All I can say is, "wow." We did the tasting menu with wine pairings and were blown away not only by the incredible food, but by some amazing wines that we had not yet discovered. To top it off, our server was friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He made our fine dining experience a truly fun dining experience. I haven't enjoyed a restaurant that much in a long time. We'll be coming back for every special occasion! A really stellar experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous tasting menuIm4gr8foodDined on 11/15/2014Visited for anniversary dinner. They offered a tasting menu with Savory Spice Shop and it was fabulous. One of the best meals I've ever had & I've had many throughout many countries. Chef created wonderful flavors. We did the wine pairing and again, terrific. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food by the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014The food and the service at the Maritana Grill at the Don Cesar were fantastic. Great seafood choices - highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maritana MagicBrainandCocoDined on 11/8/2014We have dined at the Maritana Grill only 4 times but it has become a "must" whenever we travel to the Gulf Coast. We consistently find it lovely and graceful without the pretense often found in many so called high brow restaurants. The atmosphere is brisk and lively and the serving staff knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The food is outstanding. We are partial to one of the booths beside the aquariums but there is not a bad seat in the house.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Reservation request for booth due to handicapped individual was confirmed but not available when we arrived. I had called Maritana Grill several times prior to reservation and particularly two hours prior to reservation to make sure a booth was available and was assured this would happen. It did not. I was upset and embarrassed by this lack of Maritana Grill communication. The service was outstanding and food was good, but my experience at Maritana Grill was less than adequate. My party of six live in St Pete area. I doubt we'll return to Don Cesar or Maritana Grill in future and would not recommend this establishment to anyone visiting or living in St Pete.Special Features:
- Maritana Grille Top NOtchAshbyDined on 11/7/2014We were at the Don for my Brother's wake and have dined at the Maritana Grille twice before on stays at the Don. It is encouraging to see that the level of service, quality of food and friendliness of the staff never waivers. Brad our server was excellent even when dealing with some difficult patrons seated next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always elegantbob99Dined on 11/6/2014Elegance of a 5 star hotel with price to match. Creative tastes and combinations of flavors. Service was not as attentive as we remember from past occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing encounterHappilyMarried1994Dined on 11/5/2014Mere words cannot describe our amazing experience here. My wife and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary back at the place it all began, the Don Cesar. We invited our 15yr old daughter to share the evening with us and experience a place so dear and war to our hearts. Outside of the incredible and delicately delicious assortment of courses, it was even more enjoyable to see the expression on my daughters face as she tried each course presented to her. It was her first fine dining experience and I would be safe in saying it was an absolute success. She is begging us to take her back. Kudos to the chef and staff. Thank you for your kindness and warm services.. We will be back many times to come.Special Features:
- Best in St PeteTampaStaycationDined on 11/1/2014Best restaurant in all of St. Pete, far and above anything you'll find downtown. Jeff and Jeff took care of us, especially my wife's allergy concerns. Great wine list, great specialty drinks, excellent menu, in the most beautiful hotel you'll see in the Bay area.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwayslondonjeanVIPDined on 10/30/2014We were married at the Don CeSar Resort and return every year to celebrate at the Maritana Grill for dinner. The meals are always wonderful. This is a place for a special occasion. The prices are high but the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, good foodjaneDined on 10/25/2014This intimate restaurant is in the Historic Don Ceasar Hotel on the beach--very cool. The weekend we were there however, things were really busy b/c there were three weddings at hotel that weekend. We got a 9pm reservation, but they couldn't seat us til a bit later, and then we didn't get our appetizers until almost 10:30 (despite the fact that the restaurant was 1/2 empty by then, so that was weird). The food was delicious, but the service and delays were puzzling. I'd definitely recommend it food wise, but if what we experienced was anything approaching normal on the service front, be prepared for less than stellar there and possibly delays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service2RomanticFoodiesDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary here. The food was amazing and the service was the best we have ever had. will be back again before our second wedding anniversary. Great for a special dinner. Beautiful interior and soft lighting. Our expectations were certainly met! Best dining experience we have ever had..no doubt about it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Resort RestaurantJohnDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant experience certainly did not meet the standards of the hype and the very expensive menu. The main course of scallops was just that, four scallops for $36.00. Looked like an appetizer. Nothing else on the long narrow plate. The lobster dish was a bowl or noodles, certainly did not taste or appear to be freshly made pasta, with a light cream sauce, cut vegetables a foam on top with a scant amount of lobster. I would guess 3 ounces. The waiter said it was a whole Maine lobster, out of the Snell. If there was any tail meat in that dish, I could not find it! The staff was attentive. Great bread tray,delicious butters. And the courtesy they validate the $27.00 parking fee!
- Built to Impress and It DeliversLibrarianjoeVIPDined on 10/22/2014This marvelous restaurant in the always bustling Don Cesar is an oasis of calm and sophistication. It is a bit of a culture shock, really, as you go from 60 to 0 just by walking in the door. I mean that in a positive way, as The Maritana seeks to give diners an experience. Service is calm and professional, with real finesse. The waiter's knowledge is stunning and you will get a thorough walk-through of the menu (maybe too thorough? It went on a bit long.). Dishes are complex in their construction and he knew every aspect of the plate's components. Appetizers of roasted beets were superb, as was the bisque. Entrées were spectacular - turbot, scallops, and coq au vin all accompanied by glasses of wine that the waiter recommended. Bravo!Special Features:
- MemorableJandJdiningDined on 10/20/2014Innovative chef preparations and presentations. J&jSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014The food, service & ambiance were all great!!! They have some unusual foods as well as the old standards.Special Features:
- Top tier fine diningHeWhoLikesToDineDined on 10/19/2014Simply outstanding restaurant in the beautiful Don Cesar hotel. World-class food, wine, and friendly, relaxed service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningmonalotDined on 10/18/2014We had the chef's tasting menu with wine paring. It was excellent. Great combinations of food, spices and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth every pennyMoritzyDined on 10/16/2014Our experience at the Don Cesar from start to finish at the Maritana Grill, the lobby bar before and after our meal was outstanding. Everything lived up to our expectations of a top class restaurant and resort. Will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Seafood restaurant!BobmDined on 10/15/2014All aspects of the meal where excellant. All in our party had seafood dishes and the sea bass and the cobiia preparations were our favorites.Special Features:
- Fine DiningBeachLocalsDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I ate here for the first time for our anniversary dinner. We found the service to be top notch. Our server was exceptional, gave good recommendations and had extensive knowledge of everything on the menu and food in general. The meal portions (we ordered appetizers, were served bread, ordered a main course as well as a dessert each) were small enough to enjoy something from each part of the menu and not feel overfull. The swordfish was the best I have ever had. The final tab was a bit expensive, but worth it for a special occasion. We would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Maritana magnificenceFishyonadishyDined on 10/10/2014Decided to go to the Maritana at the don cezar not having been to the hotel before. Service was superb the ambience terrific Big fish tanks of unusual tropical fish to look at in the restuarant if your partner is eating and can't talk. The food was everything and more than we inspected. Fish is the speciality we chose grouper and snapper and is was fantastic. Presentation was great and the cheesecake desert was simply the best cheesecake I've ever tasted. Would go again in a heartbeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014FANTASTIC Experience- the food was scrumptious and the service was amazing with all the right recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnluxEatingDined on 10/1/2014Great atmosphere, great service and exceptional food! This restaurant is a must for anyone in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenenomenal foodnotalocalDined on 9/21/2014The preparation, presentation and taste are superb! The food is truly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatwillbbackDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I were celebrating a (Delayed) wedding anniversary and wanted to make this a special occasion. We are never disappointed with the overall experience at the Don's Maritana Grill. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an Anniversary DinnerBobbyDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic atmosphere and an excellent staff. The Filet Rossini was perfect - a prime cut of filet Mignon topped with duck liver pate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As ExpectedTroubleVIPDined on 9/10/2014Premier hotel dining room deliver tasty food, small portions, an unique combinations of sides presented well. The service staff were very pleasant and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect special night outJulieDined on 9/8/2014The Maritana grill is always a consistent winner! I've dined there three times this summer, and each time the food and service was outstanding. The small room is just right, and the aquariums add the right seaside vibe.Special Features:
- First ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This 5 star restaurant started out with matching the linen napkins to our attire. Next sparkling or bottle water. Many courses ,and a few added by the chef. Our entrees were superb . Staff was present ,but not uncomfortably . It is not a large restaurant the aquariums fantastic with unique fish. It was not a weekend ,and tables filled as the night went on. Pricey well worth it for special occasion.Special Features:
- Great experiencecopter7Dined on 9/6/2014Food and service were excellent. Would highly recommend to any of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyToonoisytoocrampedDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here before but we invited a couple that had not been here before. We had reservations in advance. They sat us in the corner, which is fine, but they had squeezed a 2 top next to us. I asked to be reseated in a different table, and they said they couldn't. I felt like I was uncomfortably close while sitting down and one half of the table shared a booth seat. Getting in and out of the booth seat was even more uncomfortable. The conversation was difficult to keep private. There was a 26 person table directly behind us, wine reps and Russian Standard reps.. I saw other customers being seated next to them that asked to be seated elsewhere, and they were. It was LOUD. My throat was soar after dinner conversation.
- Awesome dining experienceGreatdiningDined on 9/5/2014I had been once to the Maritana Grill 10 years ago, so it is hard to even compare but I will say the decor it's completely changed in a positive way (much more natural light, very fresh look, salt water tanks). I went with my family including a 4 and 2 year old kids. Many upscale/fine restaurants tenf not to be kid-friendly but this one is very welcoming, they even have a kids menu which also goes with the theme of the entire adult menu. High chairs etc, they'll have it here. We wrnt for dinner and not a single issue. Waiters/waitresses were very knowledgeable of the menu options, cooking methods, and were ready and eager to suggest their favorite dishes. They have a very unique and original selection of poultry/meat/fish dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerGearoidinVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were a group of six for a family birthday dinner. Our server was very knowledgeable, straightforward, and attentive, the food was all wonderful, we had a great time. This was our third time going to the Maritana Grille and will definitely not be the last. Not cheap, but well worth the price for a high quality dining experience.Special Features:
- 50th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We celebrated my wife's 50th birthday with a wonderful meal at the Maritana. Service was impeccable, food was perfect! The menu is varied enough to satisfy the most discerning foodie without confusing the everyday diner. The wait staff was well informed and explained each offering thoroughly. Portion sizes were generous, and the prices were appropriate for the amazing quality. We lived in St Petersburg for 25 years without realizing what a wonderful dining experience was waiting for us. We WILL be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great4adateDined on 8/24/2014It was our first time dining at the Maritana Grille. It was my husband's birthday and wanted to take him somewhere special. The ambience was great! The service was fantastic! The food was very good also, but a little pricey. We both had fish which both dishes were delicious! We would go back for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding but BEWARE...Rosemary1232Dined on 8/15/2014The food was exceptional , the service was outstanding . The only problem was that a small noisy child was seated next to us and ruined the ambiance for us and other guests. A restaurant of this caliber and price point should have a small child policy after 8:00pm. Matter of fact, the whole Loews Don Cesar Hotel seemed like Disney World--- screaming kids all over the place-- stay away if you are looking for a quiet resort experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentJosJDined on 8/11/2014A must for anyone near St Pete Beach. Service was outstanding and the food gourmet. The chef took time to visit the table to discuss the meal. Service was five stars.Special Features:
- Fabulous Service and Fine FoodAustinWriterGirlDined on 8/10/2014Our first trip to the Maritana did not disappoint. First off, the service was excellent. Our server was on top of everything, and also had fabulous knowledge of the menu items. He really did a great job of explaining each dish. He also had a sense of humor and was FUN. We liked that. Fine dining does not have to be so serious and formal. There were some goofs in our orders, but the mistakes were rectified immediately. Our server went and gave the kitchen heck for overcooking our snapper. The revisions did take some time but were wonderful. All portions are moderately sized, so you can enjoy without getting too full. Desserts are very special, and don't miss the surprise dome-style dessert with a sauce that melts the "orb."Special Features: