Marisol at the Cliffs Resort
2757 Shell Beach Rd
Pismo Beach, CA 93449Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Marisol at the Cliffs Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cliffsresort.com/
- Phone: (805) 773-2511
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am, Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregg Wangard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The California conference centers at The Cliffs Resort are fully equipped to accommodate any group, from five to 500 guests. Our meeting space is as flexible as it is elegant, with accommodations for classroom and theatre-style seating. And in case an oceanview conference room isn't quite close enough to the beach, a 6,750-square-foot poolside terrace serves as the ideal location for afternoon meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Group Sales 8057735000x600
- Entertainment: We have live music in the dining room Thursday, Friday and Sat nights.
We try to do every Friday on our patio outside for happy hour from 330-630. Summertime is Friday through Sundays!
- Special Events: We can do large party events in the restaurant and bar. We also have over 5000 sqft of banquet facilities were we can do larger events. Please call for details. 805-773-2511
A word from Marisol at the Cliffs Resort
"Marisol" translates to "The Sun and the Sea" and no where is this more evident than through the flavors of the food. The menu at "Marisol" has been developed as New American Cuisine. As the premier choice of Pismo Beach restaurants, all of the dishes at "Marisol" are prepared with a soulful touch by Chef de Cuisine Gregg Wangard, featuring produce from fields of local farmers, seafood fresh off the boats of local fishermen, and naturally raised meats and poultry. The wine list for "Marisol" is awarded by Wine Spectator and has an amazing wines by the glass page with many local wines from Monterey to Santa Barbara County. For the finest oceanfront dining experience, try our award-winning Pismo Beach California restaurant "Marisol at the Cliffs".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Marisol at the Cliffs Resort - Best Restaurants in Pismo Beach ›
Marisol at the Cliffs Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (33)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (23)romantic (21)great for brunch (18)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerllarkinDined on 11/9/2014We stayed at The Cliffs for our anniversary and decided to dine at Marisol. After reading some reviews about lack of service, we were somewhat skeptical; however, our server was attentive and informative without being invasive. And the food was delicious! The pear salad is stellar. My husband had the short ribs, which he said were amazing. I had the seabass - cooked and seasoned perfectly. And dessert was on the house for our anniversary. Overall, we were really pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!hfarbsVIPDined on 10/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner on the outside patio at Marisol. We were able to watch the sun slide into the ocean while we enjoyed our appetizers. The butternut squash soup was quite tasty. For dinner, I had the short rib, which was very tender and delicious. The wine choices were good, and the service was prompt without being intrusive. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- Salmon overratedDrCKDined on 10/20/2014Salmon depicted as layered with potatoes. I was intrigued. The salmon was slightly over cooked and had a few slices of potato on top. Definetly not stacked, and just average. Having had salmon at Pinions in Aspen wrapped in potato, which was perfection, this left a lot to be desiredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceLes1Dined on 10/17/2014Had Dinner with excellent service. Great Food. you have to try the Green Rice!Special Features:
- Off day?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Maybe the chef was having an off day or too focused on the ball game but the food was bland. The ribeye and the halibut were both just bland. That's the only way I can describe it. The service was excellent. The dining area was a bit dark - the table next to us all had to use their cellphone flashlight to see the menu. I have eaten there once before and was quite happy with the meal. The food this time, though, was not worth what we paid. I will not be going back there any time soon.
- Marisol ReviewMPCFDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is in a beach location with a gorgeous view toward the ocean (in Pismo Beach), next to a beautiful hotel, the Cliffs Resort. It is a wonderful place for a Sunday brunch buffet, and the buffet has a variety of delicious brunch foods. This restaurant and hotel are favorites of my husband and mine whenever we have an opportunity to travel to the area between San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara during sunny and warm weather.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunch, beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Marisol was great this past Sunday. The Host (David) greated us by name and welcomed us back. The rest of the staff is very friendly and our server (Charlie) was especially great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFivecitiesdinerVIPDined on 10/5/2014Always a wonderful brunch. We will be back. Wonderful wait staff too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a hit!lovetheview5Dined on 9/27/2014Service was very slow we had to wait for everything. Our attendant was busy I guess. The food was good but on the expensive side and I have never been a fan of having to order everything separate, had I known that I probably would have gone else where. Your lunch menu is way better. I would not have dinner here again. Since we live close by lunch will be the only meal we might have again. The view is always good.Special Features:
- Memorable niteDuckDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary at your restaurant. The food and service were wonderful. We were seated outside on the patio and really enjoyed the view. The sunset was spectacular. (thanks for arranging that). We were away for five nights and we both agree that this was the best dinner of the five restaurants that we went to. Thanks for your service.Special Features:
- Beautiful brunchFivecitiesdinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Had a wonderful brunch yet again. Always a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view patio diningLovebeingafoodieDined on 9/7/2014This was a great Sunday lunch spot. Got there too late for brunch, it closes down promptly at 2 pm so make sure if you want bruch you go early, we got there with a 1:45 reservation thinking we would be ok but we're told we had 15 min to get our food at the stations so instead we opted for the regular lunch menu which ended up being just fine for the 3 of us. The weather was beautiful and the outdoor seating was great. There was a talented girl singing with her guitar for our entertainment enjoyment.Special Features:
- Scaled down from summer seasonmonalisamDined on 9/7/2014I think the brunch was scaled down from when I went over the summer season, and for the price, that is a shame. There was no cheese spread, no crab legs, no oysters, only a beef on the carving board - no turkey, for example. The choices were mostly American/Mexican - chips and salsa, enchiladas, etc. that I can get anywhere. To me, as a regular, it was a noticeable difference in the choice of items. The dessert spread was fine. I won't go again until next summer season begins because it's just a little too expensive for what we got. Great service, great staff, though, they run a fine, tight ship.Special Features:
- Meh for the priceilikefoodDined on 8/31/2014The food was pretty good, though portions were very tiny for the price. Even for gourmet. But aside from the food, the restaurant was completely empty, yet we were seated in a spot where bussers were bringing tubs of dirty dishes within inches of our table. The clanging dishes being tromped back and forth was really noisy and that's why I rated the ambiance so low. Overall, if I'm going to drop some cash on dinner, it's probably going to be somewhere else.
- Great view ok food2preggoDined on 8/30/2014We never got a drink menu from the hostess and my steak was over cooked but our server was prompt and friendly. The dessert was great and the view is amazing. After dinner we went to the bar next door and relaxed with drinks.Special Features:
- Especially SpecialSonnyDined on 8/22/2014I consider myself a foodie. I am discerning with my opinions about food. My mother always said if you can't say anything good don't say anything. That does not apply here. I have eaten meals all over the globe. I just had the best Salmon platter I have ever had. I had the best waitress I've have had in a very long time, I just had the best environment to have a meal ever. All the elements came together for a very exceptional meal this evening. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchCoastaldinerDined on 8/17/2014From the start we arrived 15 min early to our reservation, hostess said it would be a few minutes and we were seated promptly. In our open table reservation we asked for a window seat with a view of the ocean, and it was just what we asked for. Champagne & all our drinks were included in the price. The large food selection was fresh and flavorful. The waitress was friendly and attentive. We never ran out of champagne. David Kline was also checking in on us and made our visit very special on our Anniversary. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone living close or visiting the central coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary greatcentralcoastdiningDined on 8/16/2014Service excellent; view unequaled; food chef prepared and all felt special. Cut above the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular viewsgoodeaterDined on 8/12/2014The setting was magical, with views of the ocean in a lovely dining room. The waiter did an exceptional job and was attentive. The food, however, was nothing spectacular. It lacked distinctive flavor or spices. I had the cod, and the lemon sauce, which could have made the dish, was used sparingly. Without it, the fish tasted lackluster. My husband had ribs that were truly tender, but, again, had no particular special flavor or spice. It may just have been those particular dishes that did not stand out, but that's why we ranked the food only average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Last couple of time we have been in for Sunday Brunch it has been ok. The service is not as great as it used to be.Special Features:
- RJPRODined on 8/3/2014Food was good. Service was decent. Drinks, in particular, were way over-priced. Requested a table with a sunset view and staff was not ready for that when we arrived. They did attempt to accommodate, but view was not good and had to ask for outdoor heaters to be turned on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodkonabearDined on 8/3/2014Charlie our server was fantastic. He has a very out-going personality which makes people feel welcome.Special Features:
- getawayBeansVIPDined on 7/27/2014Didnt want to drive. Staying at Cliffs. Walked over for dinner and had the potato encrusted salmon. Excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Another great birthday celebration. We typically have 15 or so ladies at these luncheons with all different requests…our server and the entire staff was accommodating. We love coming there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 266 reviews are from the Marisol at the Cliffs Resort reviews archive.
- Fantastic!!!SugarBearDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I Love this restaurant! The food is fantastic, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The service was awesome, very friendly. The food and drinks came out promptly. The food is perfectly executed. The wine list is full of so many excellent choices. We ordered the albacore tataki appetizer, the beef short ribs entree and the grilled artichoke hearts side dish for dinner. Absolutely perfect meal! Friday night was my favorite. At 4-6pm they offer a wine and cheese tasting. In the main dining room there was a great singer/guitarist duo. Both were perfect touches to a perfect night. I highly recommend this restaurant. The cliffs resort is very nice. It's rare to find a restaurant that outshines the hotel/resort attached, Marisol does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous views, mediocre otherwiseFitFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014Went to Marisol for my parent's anniversary. While the views were spectacular, the menu and food were mediocre at best. For a restaurant at a very nice resort, the wine list left much to be desired. Definitely a Happy Hour must, other meals...I'm doubt I will returnSpecial Features:
- Best ocean view and food to chewEdAvilaDined on 7/13/2014Most locals know that the Cliffs/Marisol is a great location to bring quests and friends to really experience the best the Central Coast has to offer. The Happy Hours, lunches and dinners are innovative, delicious, and reasonable. You cannot get closer to the ocean while dining in Pismo Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donbdonnieDined on 7/13/2014Had a very bad experience on a previous visit. They redeemed themselves this trip.Special Features:
- Can sit outside with your dogVixen4foodVIPDined on 7/10/2014Scenic view but very cold on a July night however! We were freezing, most of the heaters didn't work, low on blankets. Food ok, not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanside diningslokyuDined on 6/27/2014This is a great place for oceanside dining, either brunch or dinner. Good food, moderate wine list with some wonderful Spanish and Italian winesSpecial Features:
- Great food, slow servicetlcflavaDined on 6/24/2014The food was worth waiting for and the wait staff attentive. However, be prepared for a slow meal. The wait between courses was unusually long. Fortunately, we were not in a hurry.Special Features:
- Best brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014I celebrated my birthday at Marisol at The Cliffs with a group of family and friends. We enjoyed the ocean view, the wide array of delicious food and the service. David, the manager, goes above and beyond to make sure all guests are taken care of. He takes great pride in His work and personally checks on all of the guests. He provided special touches to make my birthday brunch a huge hit! I highly recommend Marisol at The Cliffs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, music not so muchNickname1Dined on 6/21/2014We can always count on a good meal here and it's just a few blocks away so easy to get to. We each ordered our own starter and the kitchen was kind enough to split an entree for us since we know 1/2 order each will be plenty. I wanted to like the musician that night but it turned out that he invited his little daughter to sing with him as well as a male friend. It started to feel like a talent show and the choice of songs got juvenile. It was not the sort of thing Mirasol should be providing during the dinner hour when there are couples dining or others who don't care to listen to amateur performers. That is a harsh judgement but that was our feeling during a date night out.Special Features:
- Would have been 5 butJohnW90Dined on 6/15/2014We had reservations for Father's Day brunch at 1 PM. We got there about 20 minutes early but were seated right away. Very few people waiting. We were seated at a table by a door to the outside patio but since it was a cool windy day I didn't think it would be a problem. Probably not too many people would want to sit out there. WRONG! Before we could even get some water the door was opened several times and each time would blow cold air across my back. When we could finally get someone's attention she said she would check to see if we could change tables. She came back and said no. Told her that I was NOT happy with the cold air. She left and came back again and finally after about 20 minutes we were finally allowed to move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceRandyDined on 6/10/2014This is one of the best eating establishments in the area. Food is consistently excellent and service is superb (we enjoy Carlos). My wife had the pasta and shrimp dish and I had the potato salmon dish....both were excellent with very unique flavors and interesting presentations. Dessert is a must...we had the chocolate chip cheesecake which was excellent. The other selections also looked very interesting. We have eaten here on 5 different occasions and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a staff changeJuggynutDined on 6/8/2014The food was very good. However the waiter was obnoxious, had poor people skills (blaming others for our poor service), the management should have been paying attention to the fact that all the tables were getting sub-par attendance. Examples? We asked 3 times for water (came 20 minutes later). We had to ask for bread to go with our appetizer. The waiter tried to take our order while my wife was in the bathroom There are many more examples, it was just sad
- Awesome!happyclamsDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I came here for his birthday back in February and loved the whole experience so much that we decided to come back for mine. Great food, accommodations at The Cliffs Resort, and the AMAZING service between the hotel and restaurant is the reason we will be back again! Thank you for making both of our occasions more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor menu and serviceChrisDined on 5/30/2014Really poor menu and bad service . Manager need to improve and retrain the service and please the menu looks so bad and poor . There's not Selection for seafood . Seriously ?? You have a resort with ocean view and you have few selection for seafood . Thank you
- THE PERFECT EXPERIENCETabsChoiceDined on 5/30/2014RECENTLY HAD FOUR DIFFERENT DINERS AT FOUR OF PISMOS TOP RESTAURANTS AND THE MARISOL RANKED TOP FOR FOOD, ATMOSPHERE AND SERVICE. WE HAD THE LING COD AND IT WAS COOKED PERFECTLY. OUR WAITER CARLOS IS A GENTLEMAN. DINNER WAS $$ BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. MY WIFE AND I WILL ALWAYS RETURN WHEN VISITING SHELL BEACH. THANKS MARISOL FROM PLEASURE POINT SANTA CRUZ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2PickyLawyersDined on 5/25/2014Marisol at the Cliffs has a rare gem in Maître d' David Kline. On one occasion he showed unusual sensitivity in handling the special needs of my wife's elderly parents. On another occasion, he resolved a reservation issue in a very professional manner. His pleasant efficiency is why we have all our special family dining events at Marisol. We plan to spread the word, especially about Marisol's brunch buffet, at various birthday, wine and other private social clubs we attend.Special Features: