Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
1450 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $31 to $50
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/info/restaurant.jhtml?rest=200074
- Phone: 8089513420
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm; Light Menu: Sunday-Saturday 3:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Wednesday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Thursday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm; High Tea: Sunday 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Marc Anthony Freiberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Selective upscale catering; please call for information.
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio plays Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Special Events: Breakfast with Santa - Enjoy a holiday breakfast and entertainment from the performers of Diamond Head Theatre's Shooting Stars. Prices are $48 for adults, $32 for children (ages 3 to 11). Reservations are required; for more information, call 808.951.3420.
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
Located on the 3rd floor of Neiman Marcus, the Hale'aina Award winning Mariposa Restaurant boasts a spectacular ocean view. The menu created by Executive Chef Marc Anthony Freiberg features a blend of Neiman Marcus’ famous heritage cuisine fused with Chef Marc original pacific bounty cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaiian
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (169)scenic view (161)special occasion (110)great for outdoor dining (100)fit for foodies (86)great for brunch (82)good for groups (70)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (24)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Awesome Dining PleasureFoursomeDined on 10/18/2014Our group of four always enjoy lunching at Mariposa. The service and food are always the best. For these reasons we prefer to keep our luncheons at Mariposa. We couldn't be more pleased. Thank you to the Mariposa staff.Special Features:
- Food was fine, atmosphere was badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Noisy, zero atmosphere. Food was mostly good. Servers were less than polished. Less than the NM standards.Special Features:
- My lunch guests were pleasedLuv808Dined on 10/17/2014I selected Mariposa as a "thank you" lunch for my coworkers because they had not dined here before. In addition to presenting them with gifts as a token of appreciation, my lunch guests were pleased with the menu options, the quality of food, and the breath taking ocean view from our lanai table. It was a memorable occasion for all of us!Special Features:
- Good food, nice view...ayakotokyoDined on 10/11/2014I do not know why I go mariposa everytime I visit Honolulu. But whenever I go there I feel happy. nice food, nice atmosphere.....Special Features:
- Popovers!CrazyMaciDined on 10/10/2014I went with a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. We requested a table with a view and were warmly accommodated. I do love the food here but feel the menu is limited and wish there were more selections. That being said, I come here for the popovers. Fluffy, light, airy puffs of dough served with a delicious strawberry butter. They also give you a small cup of chicken broth that goes well with the popovers. My friend had the ahi sandwich and I had grilled salmon served over a bed of lentils. The food was delicious and our server was exceptional. She even packed up a few popovers for me to take home after I mentioned how good they were! This will be my go to spot for lunch whenever I am at Neiman Marcus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FAVORITE business lunch venueeathappyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Mariposa is my business lunch venue of choice - love the healthier food choices, personalized service, comfortable and appropriate atmosphere for business and the location.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014Lunch was fantastic as usual. Corn chowder was par excellence and the special salad was outstanding with the tasty dressing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014Four of us had a luncheon reunion at Mariposa. We all ordered different sandwiches and everyone agreed the sandwiches were excellent, including the sides of either fries or salads. For those that want to count calories. the menus offered the counts, of course, I personally prefer not to look at the count, I just want to enjoy the consistently delicious food Mariposa offers. As always, the complimentary consume and popovers offered prior to meal service is such a classy and tradition touch at Mariposa. One of my favorite places to dine for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great StuffSteak45VIPDined on 10/7/2014Mariposa always delivers great food a service with consistency. The only draw back to Mariposa is that it get hot because of no A/C.Special Features:
- Lobster club sandwichPornoDined on 10/6/2014Lobster Club sandwich is still a winner. However they no longer serve barbecue french fries. I wish they would bring that back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the service.HbmadisonDined on 10/6/2014Great service and would come back again. Would recommend going for a special occasion. It was our first time eating outside. That is the place to be. Felt like I was on vacation. It made me appreciate what a beautiful state I live in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ignoredMsMauiDined on 10/4/2014Love Mariposa at NM for lunch. Greeted warmly seated at a nice table. Our server, stood and talked to another table for 9 minutes before even greetings us. Once we had our entree, (presented by another server) our waitress stood and talked to a table for our entire lunch. Never once making sure everything was as ordered. Never, refilling water or tea. Just stood at the next table and talked. The customer at the other table was getting uncomfortable and realized that the server was spending way to much time at his table. I expect much better service from Mariposa. The salad was good. Our popovers were burnt. Not up to par for Mariposa. HOstess was great as expected.Special Features:
- Wonderful staffsurferg007VIPDined on 10/2/2014We have been coming here frequently. Mrs. Wong loves the view and the great service of the staff. We appreciate the care and awareness of accommodating Mrs. Wong with her special requests. This day Mary was our server and took extra care of us. It was not as busy which was pleasant. We will return again. The shrimp quinoa salad was perfectly refreshing on the hot day. Thank you for your care and consideration for us and Mrs. Wong.Special Features:
- Beautiful out door dining spotchill2048VIPDined on 10/1/2014Great place for mall dining. The service was outstanding! Popovers were delicious! And the view from the outdoor balcony was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy Mariposajelhi82Dined on 10/1/2014I have yet to be disappointed with Mariposa. I take customers here for lunch to enjoy the view of Ala Moana Beach Park and the relaxing atmosphere of dining in the rush of the shopping center. Their specials are always creative with fresh local ingredients and the regular menu also includes local fresh items. Their consume' is a great start with the famous popover. The service is very attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a nice place for lunchBingmeisterDined on 9/29/2014It is a place that is quite consistent with its food and service. It has lost a little of that shininess and excitement that it had years ago. The food is still good but not as interesting as before. May be it could do with a little touch up. Though its specialness in dining there has lost its lustre a little bit, it is still a nice place to visit for lunch when you visit Ala Moana Shopping Center.Special Features:
- DisappointedMercedesDined on 9/26/2014I've been to Mariposa on a number of occasions, but this was the first time for dinner. Personally, not fond of any of the dining selections, however, would not hesitate recommending it for brunch or lunch. The saving grace was the ideal view for the Friday night fireworks display.Special Features:
- My favorite for lunch with friendJeanMW12Dined on 9/26/2014The service was outstanding Aaron was gracious and accomadating, food was fresh, well seasoned and overall greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for special nightEriquitaDined on 9/23/2014better go lunch or early dinner for scenic view from outside table. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Great！！SHIZUDined on 9/22/2014It used by lunch. The リリコイ butter ? of bread and a strawberry is a rare object of art. Of course, food is also delicious and it is a restaurant to go to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/20/2014We dine at mariposa every time we are in Waikiki. The tasting menu with the wine pairing was sensationalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is never a disappointmentallaboutdafoodieDined on 9/19/2014I brought mom here for her birthday dinner the other night. Unfortunately we had to wait about 45 minutes for our table. Once seated, our server came to our table promptly and was extremely nice. He made up for the lack of personality from the bus boy (didn't even smile or say more than 2 words). After ordering our dinner came quite quickly, which was great since we were super hungry. And they also brought out a complimentary dessert for mom. All in all, the food was on point, like always, but the fact that the bus boy had no personality really stuck out like a sore thumb. Maybe it was just an off night for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and Attentive.MyCoconutDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed our dining experience. Our entrees were excellent, both the Lobster Spaghettini and the Opah were tasty and cooked perfectly. Service was very attentive and enjoyed the open air atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great service and foodfoodmanDined on 9/19/2014All the staff was energetic, attentive, and professional. Their complimentary chicken consomme was so good! I could have had a bowl of that ,and I would have been a happy man. My wife had the roast beef sandwich with french onion soup like au jus.Yum!! I had the corn chowder...sweet. Also the Ahi and Kampachi on soba was extremely fresh. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceAlohafoodieDined on 9/19/2014Food was good, view was nice. I would go back but the hostess misinformed me that I was first to arrive when actually my guest was already seated. 15 minutes went by and I texted my client and he said he was there already. Went back to the hostess and she said oh your guest is here. No apology or concern. Really annoyed me. Made it look like I was late. Bad for business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014I felt that the menu was a bit short on selections of main dishes. Our waiter was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Food was great, the lobster club sandwich was outstanding. The service was outstanding and our waiter was exceptional. My only comment is that I made an appointment for 1:00 pm and checked in at 1:00 pm, but had to wait over 10 minutes to get seated on a table for 4 people, that made conversation a little difficult. I would have thought that since I made reservations, that I would have a table that would accommodate 3 people. That was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Wonderful!luvurplaceDined on 9/16/2014The food was delicious, the service impeccable and as always, the view was outstanding!!Special Features:
- It's always goodnelsonVIPDined on 9/15/2014Consistent good food and service. Great views of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewchewyDined on 9/15/2014This visit was a bucket list moment, and very pleasant. High surf made the view extra interesting. People watching is also good. How do they create such yummy consomme? Popovers delightful. Splurged on lilikoi dessert. Yessir, a great luncheon, and the AC was appreciated on the hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They had a bad dayEatEatEatVIPDined on 9/14/2014Usually we have exceptional experiences here. I think it was an off day. Really off. Sat 15 minutes after our reservation. Asked to be seated inside. We were seated outside. Manager and server offered to move us but we declined. We did receive a free appetizer. Food took a while but they were busy. My sandwich came out with the wrong fries. My friend asked for no tomatoes, she got tomoatoes. My friend asked for her burger medium, it was well done, very well done. Just a trainwreck and it was the first time I brought my friends here. Again, an off day, because usually they are on point. I'll still return tho.
- Great for Special LunchLuvOfTeaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We came here for a birthday lunch and are glad that we had OpenTable Reservations or we would not be able to get a seat on a Saturday at noon. The food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy restaurant for relaxing.AmericanSteakLoverDined on 9/12/2014My wife requested to go this restaurant for lunch when we went to Alamoana center for shopping. Reserved thru open table, it was easy, but we were asked for table more than 10 minutes in crowded entrance. The outside terrace table was not so bad if sunshine did not burn my back. This restaurant helped me to forget we were in Hawaii. It is really good place to visit whenever you are boring Relaxing Hawaiian vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT AND RELAXkauaidineDined on 9/9/2014We live on Kauai and now usually only come to Oahu for doctor appointments or medical procedures that can't be done on Kauai. The one bright spot in the long day trip to Oahu is Mariposa. We ALWAYS are able to have a wonderful lunch or dinner before we catch the flight back to Kauai. The hostess works around the uncertain doctor appointment schedule and fits us in when we are early or late for our reservation. The food is never a disappointment and the service is excellent. We never feel rushed and enjoy the time to have a drink or two and an always great meal. Wish we had Mariposa on Kauai...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service a little slowtravelingguyDined on 9/9/2014Five people each had different entree, including the specials. All enjoyed the flavor, quantity and presentation. Service a little slow, perhaps not wanting to interrupt a business luncheon. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulMurieDined on 9/2/2014Really great restaurant inside Neiman Marcus. Food is always fresh, delicious and beautifully plated. Service is professional and friendly and the view of the ocean from the outside tables is great. Generous pours of interesting and reasonably-priced wines.Special Features:
- Oasis at the mallYukyukVIPDined on 9/1/2014An airy, bright, comfortable restaurant. Great for brunch or lunch. Reservation is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014Highly recommend making reservations shortly before sunset. The view is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As UsualVisitorDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy lunch at Mariposa. The room is lovely, the view is bright and cheerful, the popovers are amazing, the salads are healthy and delicious, the service is efficient and friendly, the environment always conducive to good conversation, the setting always special and first-class. My wife and I had two guests. Our friends split a soup and sandwich entree and we split a salmon entree. Our server Jeremy and the kitchen staff were so thoughtful to split both entrees for us onto separate plates, with healthy-sized portions on each platter. More than enough for all of us. Thank you, Mariposa, for being the go-to place with elegant ambience for special luncheons and reunions!Special Features:
- As usual everything was greatJeanMW12Dined on 8/29/2014It is rare to find a resturant that does not hurry you and allows you to talk with your friends and respects your privacy and yet provides great service, including sharing entrees, salads and desserts. Bravo!Special Features: