Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
1450 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $31 to $50
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/info/restaurant.jhtml?rest=200074
- Phone: (808) 951-3420
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm; Light Menu: Sunday-Saturday 3:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Wednesday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Thursday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm; High Tea: Sunday 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Marc Anthony Freiberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Selective upscale catering; please call for information.
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio plays Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Special Events: Breakfast with Santa - Enjoy a holiday breakfast and entertainment from the performers of Diamond Head Theatre's Shooting Stars. Prices are $48 for adults, $32 for children (ages 3 to 11). Reservations are required; for more information, call 808.951.3420.
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
Located on the 3rd floor of Neiman Marcus, the Hale'aina Award winning Mariposa Restaurant boasts a spectacular ocean view. The menu created by Executive Chef Marc Anthony Freiberg features a blend of Neiman Marcus’ famous heritage cuisine fused with Chef Marc original pacific bounty cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (166)scenic view (161)special occasion (113)great for outdoor dining (90)fit for foodies (87)great for brunch (72)good for groups (69)romantic (47)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (26)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great place to watch the fireworks on Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Good service, LOVE their monkey bread with strawberry butter! The seared diver scallops are always delicious. Didn't care for the lilikoi cake dessert though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAS POOR SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Poor service compared to before. I have a reservation but to wait. Also I had requested a location with views of the sunset was not the table.Special Features:
- jetlaggedDined on 11/20/2014This is a perfect place for a special lunch. The food is great. Outstanding touches with the popovers and palate cleanser. Service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The Service was outstanding but the food was just okay. I prefer The Pineapple Room.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014I have dined several times at Mariposa and each has been a pleasurable experience. It is the "go to" place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food service and ambience excellentJeanMW12Dined on 11/15/2014Love lunch at Mariposa, it is one of my favorite places, even when they make a mistake, like our seating they make it right to make you happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for social occasionsMay1Dined on 11/14/2014Food was good, server was friendly, and the popovers were amazing. My only complaint was they seemed short staffed because my dinner took two hours with long periods of waiting between courses. I would go back just for the popovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable, friendly and well manaJeanMW12Dined on 11/9/2014Pleasurable, friendly, well managed always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Our server Todd K. was awesome! He was very professional and courteous! Always checking up on our table and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014ocean view table is so nice!! We always use this restaurant when we come to Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!TryitOnceVIPDined on 11/7/2014I came here on a recommendation by a friend and the visit did not disappoint. Host staff was friendly. Wait staff was exceptional, by the waiter and assistant who brought food and helped clear table. Food was delicious and definitely a place to go again on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good for business lunches.DennisVIPDined on 11/6/2014Reserved a table "in a quiet corner"...excellent accommodations when arrived. Not only did they move two tables together to fit the party of four, but also moved the other tables a little further away! Menu was typically great with options, but we all ordered their "signature" burger. It is one of the best burgers and done as requested, medium rare. It rivals the steakhouses! Service was excellent and very accommodating.Special Features:
- pleasures49Dined on 11/5/2014This was the first time I had made a reservation through open table on-line and found it very convenient requesting seating outside. I don't know how the reservation shows up, but it seems as though they didn't have it and didn't even know the requested seating preference. Not a big thing or issue just was thinking if it was real busy would they have had my reservation and request. All in all, I've dined there many times and the service is great and of course the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Lunch!!MadittDined on 11/5/2014This is a great place to meet for lunch or brunch. Staff are very friendly and service is wonderful. Not too many choices and It's a little on the pricey side but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AieaLadyDined on 11/5/2014This is an excellent place for gluten-free diners. The menus are not only clearly marked but the chef will also adjust other selections to make them gluten-free. Lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceCrazyMaciDined on 11/4/2014We go to Mariposa often and so far have had great experiences there. This last time, however, something was definitely off with the service. I asked to be seated outside and they told me it was too hot to sit outside, yet there were empty tables there and people were being seated outside. Our mains didn't come out for an hour, even after I asked politely if there was a problem. I was told there was a mix up in the kitchen. We had to flag down the server who gives out popovers as he kept avoiding our table for some reason. To be fair, our server was very nice and offered us a free dessert, but after waiting so long we didn't feel like having dessert. We actually go to Mariposa because of the delicious popovers and the chicken consommé. Next time we'll just have that and order drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ono!BeckylouDined on 11/2/2014The food was wonderful and the service total satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHello234Dined on 11/1/2014I had lunch a couple of times at Mariposa. Service were awesome at lunch time. However, dinner service was not so great. We waited for almost 5 minutes for our server after being sitted (they were not busy).
- Too slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We waited for about an hour until serve a main dish.Special Features:
- Hawaiian SunsetDukeDined on 10/31/2014We had a strong recommendation from another Australian couple to visit Mariposa for dinner - go early to enjoy the sunset. The whole experience was wonderful with beautiful food accompanied by excellent service.Special Features:
- A great venue for businessgtkyl72VIPDined on 10/30/2014Conveniently located, good but not great selection of entrees... needs a vegetarian offering... I like to use this venue for business dinners. Service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it is a good spot for beginnersdarjeelingDined on 10/30/2014during day time, this location shows the biggest and strongest power. we can see a great ocean view and feel a fresh window.... dishes donot have a special mention, but this atomosphere covered everything.Special Features:
- Awesome service and tasty food.wstsydmikeDined on 10/29/2014From start to finish the service was friendly and the food was very tasty. Will definitely be going back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS something...GREAT!eathappyVIPDined on 10/27/2014YOU CAN'T DO IT BETTER than Mariposa! Had the special today - Mahi Mahi on yukon potatoes with mushrooms and celery puree...AMAZING! So amazing, I asked if it was being served again soon - they said perhaps tomorrow - SO I WENT BACK and it was Onaga with the same great parings! If you want it a great meal with great service in a great environment - MARIPOSA at Neiman Marcus, Ala Moana Center!Special Features:
- First time here for lunchMimosaDined on 10/25/2014I prefer eating brunch here, eggs benedict and momosas are their forteSpecial Features:
- Dinner with fireworksDavidVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had a balcony seat which gave us an amazing view of the 7:45 PM HST Hilton Hawaiian Village fireworks show. Can't beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining PleasureFoursomeDined on 10/18/2014Our group of four always enjoy lunching at Mariposa. The service and food are always the best. For these reasons we prefer to keep our luncheons at Mariposa. We couldn't be more pleased. Thank you to the Mariposa staff.Special Features:
- Food was fine, atmosphere was badfeliz411Dined on 10/17/2014Noisy, zero atmosphere. Food was mostly good. Servers were less than polished. Less than the NM standards.Special Features:
- My lunch guests were pleasedLuv808Dined on 10/17/2014I selected Mariposa as a "thank you" lunch for my coworkers because they had not dined here before. In addition to presenting them with gifts as a token of appreciation, my lunch guests were pleased with the menu options, the quality of food, and the breath taking ocean view from our lanai table. It was a memorable occasion for all of us!Special Features:
- Good food, nice view...ayakotokyoDined on 10/11/2014I do not know why I go mariposa everytime I visit Honolulu. But whenever I go there I feel happy. nice food, nice atmosphere.....Special Features:
- Popovers!CrazyMaciDined on 10/10/2014I went with a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. We requested a table with a view and were warmly accommodated. I do love the food here but feel the menu is limited and wish there were more selections. That being said, I come here for the popovers. Fluffy, light, airy puffs of dough served with a delicious strawberry butter. They also give you a small cup of chicken broth that goes well with the popovers. My friend had the ahi sandwich and I had grilled salmon served over a bed of lentils. The food was delicious and our server was exceptional. She even packed up a few popovers for me to take home after I mentioned how good they were! This will be my go to spot for lunch whenever I am at Neiman Marcus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FAVORITE business lunch venueeathappyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Mariposa is my business lunch venue of choice - love the healthier food choices, personalized service, comfortable and appropriate atmosphere for business and the location.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014Lunch was fantastic as usual. Corn chowder was par excellence and the special salad was outstanding with the tasty dressing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014Four of us had a luncheon reunion at Mariposa. We all ordered different sandwiches and everyone agreed the sandwiches were excellent, including the sides of either fries or salads. For those that want to count calories. the menus offered the counts, of course, I personally prefer not to look at the count, I just want to enjoy the consistently delicious food Mariposa offers. As always, the complimentary consume and popovers offered prior to meal service is such a classy and tradition touch at Mariposa. One of my favorite places to dine for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great StuffSteak45VIPDined on 10/7/2014Mariposa always delivers great food a service with consistency. The only draw back to Mariposa is that it get hot because of no A/C.Special Features:
- Lobster club sandwichPornoDined on 10/6/2014Lobster Club sandwich is still a winner. However they no longer serve barbecue french fries. I wish they would bring that back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the service.HbmadisonDined on 10/6/2014Great service and would come back again. Would recommend going for a special occasion. It was our first time eating outside. That is the place to be. Felt like I was on vacation. It made me appreciate what a beautiful state I live in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ignoredMsMauiDined on 10/4/2014Love Mariposa at NM for lunch. Greeted warmly seated at a nice table. Our server, stood and talked to another table for 9 minutes before even greetings us. Once we had our entree, (presented by another server) our waitress stood and talked to a table for our entire lunch. Never once making sure everything was as ordered. Never, refilling water or tea. Just stood at the next table and talked. The customer at the other table was getting uncomfortable and realized that the server was spending way to much time at his table. I expect much better service from Mariposa. The salad was good. Our popovers were burnt. Not up to par for Mariposa. HOstess was great as expected.Special Features:
- Wonderful staffsurferg007VIPDined on 10/2/2014We have been coming here frequently. Mrs. Wong loves the view and the great service of the staff. We appreciate the care and awareness of accommodating Mrs. Wong with her special requests. This day Mary was our server and took extra care of us. It was not as busy which was pleasant. We will return again. The shrimp quinoa salad was perfectly refreshing on the hot day. Thank you for your care and consideration for us and Mrs. Wong.Special Features:
- Beautiful out door dining spotchill2048VIPDined on 10/1/2014Great place for mall dining. The service was outstanding! Popovers were delicious! And the view from the outdoor balcony was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.